ESSO-INCOIS, a knowledge and information technology enterprise for the oceanic realm is pursuing focused programmes in the areas of Ocean Observations, Ocean Modeling, Ocean Information & Advisory services including Tsunami Early Warning. ESSO-INCOIS is currently offering the following Regular position to bright, dynamic and motivated persons to contribute to its mission and projects. Details about the positions, pay & allowances, academic qualifications, responsibilities, format of application and other general conditions are given below:
Name of the Post : Scientific Assistant - A
No. of Posts & Reserved for: 01 (Reserved for SC)
Details of Position : This is a regular position made on Direct
Recruitment. Essential Qualification :
i) Three years Diploma in Civil Engineering / Civil Construction Technology after 10th or 12th standard with 60% marks or its equivalent qualifications from a recognized board or University.
ii) Basic knowledge of computers.
Desirable Qualification :
Possessing of at least one or multiple qualifications/skills of the following:
(i) B. Tech. / B.E. in Civil Engineering or its equivalent qualifications from a recognized board or University.
(ii Three years hands on experience in the construction field, CIVIL & PHE Maintenance activities preferably in Govt./PSU's/Autonomous bodies.
(iii) Good knowledge of MS office, Autocad, Preparation of estimates/drawings, preparation & verification of RA bills, taking site measurements, documentation works related to construction activities, day to day supervision of works, safety practices, quality checks, etc.
Job Responsibilities :
Supervision of Construction & Maintenance of Civil works including preparation of estimates, specifications, tender documents in accordance with DSR/DOS-SOR / CPWD work manuals, taking site measurements, preparation of measurement books & RA Bills, verifying the RA- Bills, preparation of drawings in Auto cad software, Civil & PHE Maintenance activities etc. and any other work assigned by the Director.
Pay & Allowances :
Level 6 in the Pay Matrix (Rs. 35400-112400) (Pre-revised Pay Band: PB-2; Rs. 9300-34800 + GP 4200/-). Allowances as applicable for Autonomous Body employees under Central Government of Corresponding status.
Age limit (as on date of closure of application) : 28 yrs
Mode of Selection :
Through Written Test
• Recruitment would be OMR/ Objective Type Multiple Choice Written examination.
• The examination paper will be in English/Hindi.
The examination will have 100 marks with the following criteria.
PART - A
General Knowledge, Aptitude, Numerical Ability & General English : - 40 marks
PART - B
Test in Civil Engineering knowledge : - 60 marks
Note : There will be negative marking for each wrong answer.
Initial Place of Posting: Hyderabad or anywhere in India.
Travel : No TA will be paid by INCOIS for attending written test. INCOIS will not be responsible for any other arrangements.
Age relaxation : The upper age limit for SC shall be as per the Govt, of India rules.
General Conditions :
• Only Indian nationals are eligible.
• The prescribed essential qualifications are minimum requirements. Mere possession of the same does not entitle any candidate to be called for Written test.
• INCOIS reserves the right to restrict the number of candidates for written test on the basis of desirable qualifications, experience prescribed if any, job requirement and/or any other bench mark decided by the Screening Committee.
• Prescribed cut off marks as decided by the Screening Committee will be used for selecting the candidate for the advertised post.
• The candidates age should not exceed the age limit mentioned above as on date of closure of application. Experience will be counted from the date of acquiring the essential academic qualifications.
• The experience, relevant to the requirement of job or research or teaching will only be considered towards the total period of experience.
• Director, ESSO-INCOIS reserves the right to cancel the recruitment process without assigning any reason thereof or vary the number of posts to be filled.
• The names of shortlisted candidates for written test and selected for appointment will be displayed at INCOIS website.
Application Procedure :
• The entire application procedure is made ONLINE.
• Applications should be submitted ONLINE through INCOIS website at www.incois.gov.in. Applications not submitted in the prescribed format will not be considered.
• Copies of certificates in support of educational qualifications, date of birth, experience, no objection certificates (from present employer, if working), scanned signature, passport size photograph etc. should be uploaded during the online application process.
• Passport size Photograph, Signature should be in .jpg format with file size limit between 10 KB to 100 KB; remaining all certificates should be in .pdf format of each file less than 500 KB.
• Candidates are advised to be ready with all individual scanned documents of their certificates of educational & professional qualifications, marks memos, proof of date of birth, experience certificates, no objection
Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services (INCOIS), "Ocean Valley", Pragathi Nagar (BO), Nizampet (SO) Hyderabad-500090 General Nos. Telephone: +91-40-23886000 (Office Hours: 9 am-5:30 pm) Fax: +91-40-23892910 E-mail: webmaster[at]incois[dot]gov[dot]in