This Ministry had invited applications for filling up the post of Director General in National Institute of Rural Development & Panchayati Raj (NIRD&PR), Hyderabad (Rs. 80,000/- fixed as per 6th CPC) on deputation basis, which was advertised in the Employment News dated 11-17th January, 2020. Further, last date of receiving the applications was extended till 20th April, 2020 (5:30 PM) which was advertised in the Employment News dated 21-27th March, 2020.
In view of lack of eligible applications, this Ministry has decided to re-advertise the post of Director General, NIRD & PR for inviting applications in prescribed format. The applicants who have already submitted the applications before 20th April, 2020 need not resend their applications again to the Ministry. However, these applicants may send a communication for intimating their continued interest in the post, approval of the cadre or sponsoring authority and send all the relevant documents to this Ministry. Pay Band and Grade Pay (6th CPC) Rs. 80,000/- (fixed) Method of Recruitment Direct Recruitment or Deputation Tenure 5 years or until he/she attains the age of 60 years, whichever is earlier Age limit for Direct Recruits Minimum 50 years and Maximum 53 years (relaxabie upto 5 years for Govt Servants) Age limit for appointment by Deputation 58 years on closing date of receipt of applications
Applications in the prescribed format should be sent through the Cadre Controlling Authority/Department to the Under Secretary (Training), Ministry of Rural Development, Department of Rural Development, Room no, 363, Krishi Bhawan, New Delhi - 110001. Details regarding qualifications and experience along with application form may be downloaded from www.rural.nic.in or www.nird.org.in. LAST DATE: 30th June, 2020. Advt. No. 03/2020 (K-15017/04/2019-Trg)
(R. K. Singh) Under Secretary to the Govt. of India The norms and criteria for selection to the post of Director General, National Institute of Rural Dovelopment & Panchayati Raj (NIRD & PR)
(i) Name of the Post : Director General
(ii) Pay Band and grade pay or pay scale : Rs. 80,000/- (fixed)
(The post carries emoluments and perks & privileges as admissible to Secretary to the Government of India in otherwise exceptional cases except pensionary benefits in case of persons appointed through open market.)
(iii) Method of Recruitment : Direct Recruitment or Deputation.
(iv) Tenure : The DG so appointed shall hold office for a term of 5 years from the date on which he assumes charge of the post or until he attains the age of 60 years, whichever is earlier.
(v) Age Limit for direct recruits : Minimum 50 years and maximum 53 years
Note : The maximum age limit relaxable upto 5 years for Government Servants or Departmental candidates. The closing date for receipt of applications will be the crucial date for determining the age limit. For Direct Recruitment :
(a) Educational qualification: PhD in any Social Science.
Preferable : Specialization in any discipline of rural Development/ developmental administration from any recognized Institute/University/Academy.
(b) Experience Essential : At least 20 years of experience at senior level in the Government/academics including International Institutions (Universities and Research & Policy Bodies in India and abroad) and knowledge based institutions like Universities. Training and Research Institutions and consulting organizations in India and abroad out of which 10 years minimum should be in handling assignments in the area of developmental administration including rural development, flagship programmes of Government of India/State Government or handling the administration of major institutions/ department related to rural development.
Desirable : Experience in administration of academic/training institutions working in the field of rural development policy and programmes.
Preferable : Field experience in rural areas in India and abroad, demonstrated achievement in implementing broad based programmes in rural development of an innovative kind.
(c) Period of Probation : Two Years (for direct recruit) For Deputation :
(1) Eligibility : (i) Officers under the Central or State Governments or Public Sector Undertakings or Semi Governments or Autonomous Bodies including Universities and Deemed Universities or Statutory Organizations.
(ii) Holding analogous post on regular basis in the parent cadre or Department or with 2 years regular service in posts carrying Higher Administrative Grade scale and possessing
(a) Qualification : Post Graduate in any discipline.
(b) Experience :
Essential : At least 20 years of experience at senior level in Central or State Governments or Public Sector Undertakings or Semi Governments or Autonomous Bodies including Universities and Deemed Universities or Statutory Organizations including International Institutions (Universities and Research and Policy Bodies in India and abroad) and knowledge based institutions like Universities, Training and Research Institutions and consulting organizations in India and abroad out of which 10 years minimum should be in handling assignments in the area of developmental administration including rural development, flagship programmes of Government of India or State Government or handling the administration of major institutions or department related to rural development.
Desirable : Experience in administration of academic or training institutions working in the field of rural development policy and programmes. Cooling off period : As per GOI rules Other Conditions :
1. Period of deputation (including short-term contract) including period of deputation in .another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organization or department of the Central Government shall ordinarily not exceed three years; The maximum age limit for appointment by deputation shall be 58 years on the closing date of the receipt of applications.
2. For the purpose of appointment on deputation basis, the service rendered on a regular basis by an officer prior to the 1st January, 2006 (the date from which the revised pay structure based on the Sixth Central Pay Commission recommendations has been extended) shall be deemed to be service rendered in the corresponding grade pay or pay scale extended based on the recommendations of the Pay Commission except where there has been merger of more than one pre-revised scale of pay into one grade with a common grade pay or pay scale, and where this benefit will extend only for the post(s) for which that grade pay or pay scale is the normal replacement grade without any uppradation.
3. Disqualification: No person
(a) who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having a spouse living; or
(b) who, having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to the said post.
Provided that the Central Government may if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
4. Power to relax - Where the Central Government is of the opinion that it is necessary or expedient to do so, it may, by order, for reasons to be recorded in writing, relax any of the provisions of these rules except condition 3 above with respect to any class or category of persons.
5. Saving - Nothing in these rules shall affect reservation, relaxation of age limit and other concessions required to be provided for the Scheduled Castes, the Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, the Ex-serviceman and other special categories of persons in accordance with the orders issued by the Central Government from time to time in this regard.
6. Pre-appointment formalities like verification of character antecedents etc is required in case of person appointed from open market before sending the proposal to ACC.
7. The other instructions issued by the DoPT/ACC from time to time on the above subject may also be followed.