online applications are invited fiom Indian nationals for ,2020 COMMON WEALTH MASTER' SCHOLARSHIP TENABLE IN THE UNITED KINGDOM' for pursuing one year Master's Degree courses commencing from September/october 2020. The Scholarships are offered by the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission (CSC), UK
Apply on or before 30 October, 2019 (16:00 GMT).
Apply on or before 15 November, 2019
Candidates are required to apply online at the following portals;
Ministry of Human Resource Development portal:
Link for online application: http://proposal.sakshat.ac.in/scholarship/ The portal would be active from 01 October 2019 to 15 November 2019.
Commonwealth Scholarship Commission’* Online Application System OAS)-
Link tor OAS: https://fs29.forinsite.com/m3nCYq/iv6rpgiqua/fonn loein.html The OAS is active from 28 August 2019 to 30 October 2019
Note : It is compulsory for the applicant to apply on both the portals before their respective deadline, failing which his/her candidature wourd be deemed inerigibre. Note : The last date for apprying on cSC oAS is 30 october 2019.
Note : CSC has offered scholarship for pursuing Master's course (one year) only. Master Degree programs which are less than 2 years in duration, are not equivalent to Master Degree in India.
Note: CSC does not offer scholarship for pursuing MBA.
Number of nominations:
39 nominations would be made to the CSC. The CSC will candidates by June 2020.
(i) The applicant must be a Citizen of India. tentatively inform this Ministry of the selected
(ii) The applicant must be a perrnanent resident of India.
(iii) The applicant must be available to start his/her academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2020.
(iv) The applicant should have completed or is expected to complete his/her Bachelor Degree by October 2020.
(v) The applicant must not be able to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship. (Candidates are compulsorily required to sign a declaration that they clo not have access to sfficient funds to study in the UK1.
(vi) Candidates who have already been abroad for studies/training/ specialization either on scholarships or on their own, for a period exceeding six rnonths are eligible to apply, if they have been in India fbr at least two consecutive years as on 'date' after returning from abroad.
Commonwealth Master's Schorarship is off'ered uncler the following themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity .
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity.
Selection and nomination
- Candidates who have received an offer of admission from any participating universities must upload a copy of the same on the Ministry's portal at theiime of onlinf application, failing which their candidature will not be considered.
- In case there are more number of students than the available nominations, in that scenario, ranking of the University as perthe'QS Ranking 2020'would be taken to draw up the merit list.
- Theme-wise nomination would be made.
- candidates who do not possess the erigibirity criteria need not apply.
- Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
- It is very important that applicants who are in ernployment to which they wish to return after cornpletion of their studies in UK should have an assurance from their organization that on the final selection by tlre CSC, they will be granted sr-rfficient leave to complete the study.
- Candidates are requested to frequently visit the Ministry Website www.rnhrd.gov.in/scholarships as all fufther announcements will be uploaded there. Queries via e-mail may be directed to cs3.edu(4)n ic. in.
- The nominated candidates will be informed through e-mail and public notice on the Ministry's website.
- For applying online to Ministry of Human Resource Development: http://proposal.sakshat.ac.in/scholarship/
- For applying to CSC trough OAS: https://fs29.formsite.coin/m3nCYq/iv6rpgiciua/form loain.html
- Details of Commonwealth Master’s Scholarship 2020: http://cscuk.dfld.oov.uk/apply/masters-scholarships/
Shri Madhu Ranjan Kumar Joint Secretary Shastri Bhawan New Delhi – 110001