IIT Kanpur Recruitment 2017 for Librarian
Indian Institute of Technology Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the following position on regular / deputation / contractual basis in the P. K. Kelkar Library of the Institute :
Position : Librarian
Pay Band and Grade Pay : PB-4: 37400 - 67000 + Academic Grade Pay of 10,000-
Number of Positions : One (01)
IIT Essential Qualification and experience for Librarian :
- Master’s degree in Library Science Information Science Documentation with at least 55% of marks or its equivalent grade.
- At least 15 years of experience, in a library in a University or an R&D institution of which at least 8 years should be at the level of Deputy Librarian or its equivalent grade with a GP of 9000.
At least 13 years of experience as Deputy Librarian with a GP 7600 / AGP 8000 or its equivalent grade in the library of an institute of national importance recognized by Government of India (http://mhrd.gov.in/institutions-national-importance) or centrally funded technical institutes universities.
At least 18 years of experience as Assistant Librarian/ College Librarian with a GP 5400 / AGP 6000 or its equivalent grade in the library of an Institute of national importance recognized by Government of India (http://mhrd.gov.in/institutions-national-importance) or centrally funded technical institutes universities.
- One year specialization in the area of Information Technology Archives and Manuscript Keeping Database management systems from a recognized university Institute (PG Diploma in Computer Application Information Technology Library Automation Digital Library etc., or Training Associateship from NISCAIR, DRTC, IISc. etc.)
IIT Desirable Age Limit for Librarian : 50 years or above as of 01st July, 2017
IIT Desirable Qualification for Librarian :
- Ph.D. degree in library science information science documentation archives and manuscript keeping.
- Experience with modern technology and practices for information storage, dissemination and networked access.
The person should have at least 8 years hands–on experience in digital technology for information storage, retrieval, dissemination and network access in libraries with holdings (digital + physical) of over 100,000.
IIT Tenure of Appointment : Till his her date of superannuation age, or as per contract, whichever is applicable.
Application form is to be filled ON-LINE using the Pingala recruitment system only. Application form sent in any other mode will not be entertained.
Mere fulfillment of qualifications and other requirement laid down in the advertisement does not entitle a candidate to be called for interview. Mere submission of the application will not entail a right for claiming interview. In case a large number of applications, Institute may set criteria for short listing of candidates.
The Institute reserves the right to withdraw any advertised post(s) at any time without assigning any reason.
The last date of receiving applications against this advertisement is 29th June 2017.
All correspondence to be addressed :
Applicants called for and appearing in interview will be paid to and fro economy air fare train fare by the shortest route and taxi fare from Lucknow airport to Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur and back. Please note that the amount of fare will be remitted through electronic transfer by our Accounts Section after processing the claim.
Applicants who are employed in Government, Semi-Government Organizations or Institutions should send their applications Through Proper Channel, else they will be required to produce a No Objection Certificate from their employer at the time of interview.
No information will be sent to those candidates who are not shortlisted for interview. It is expected that the entire selection process will be over within six months of the issue of the advertisement.