SCI Trainee Electrical Officer Recruitment 2017
Fleet Personnel Department Regd. Office - “Shipping House”, 245, Madame Cama Road, Mumbai - 400 021. Website : www.shipindia.com
The Shipping Corporation of India LTD Applications are invited from a Indian national Males and Females for selection of Trainee Electrical Officer for a batch of 50 candidates (UR-24, OBC-14, SC-8 & ST-4).
Date of SCI Online Examination : 01st July, 2017.
Candidates with B.E/B.TECH/Diploma - in Electrical or Electrical & Electronics with minimum 55% marks for UR & OBC category and minimum 50% marks for SC & ST Category, and in a possession of DG approved Four Months Electro Techno Officer (ETO) course certificate, Indian Continuous Discharge Certificate (CDC), Indian Passport, PAN Card, INDOS No, STSDSD Course, STCW Modular-2010 course and High Voltage Course. ORSCI Eligibility Criteria for Trainee Electrical Officer :
- Candidates with B.E / B.Tech / Diploma in Electrical or Electrical & Electronics with minimum 55% marks for UR & OBC category and minimum 50% marks for SC & ST Category, and not in a possession of DG approved Four Months Electro Techno Officer (ETO) course certificate, Indian Continuous Discharge Certificate (CDC), Indian Passport, PAN Card, INDOS No, STS DSD Course, STCW Modular-2010 course and High Voltage Course may also apply. This group of candidates have to complete above mentioned all course from DG approved Institute at their own cost and report back to us within six months for on board training with all required certificates (Including CDC, Passport, INDOS no. PAN Card) after final selection.
SCI Age Limit for Trainee Electrical Officer Recruitment 2017
Maximum 30 years as on 31st May, 2017. Age relaxation of 3 yrs for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC & ST candidates allowed. Reservation criteria will be followed as per Government of India guidelines.
SCI Medical Standard for Trainee Electrical Officer Candidates :
Candidate must be mentally and physically fit and should be fit for sea service as per existing MS Medical rules 2000 / MLC 2006 applicable to seafarers.
Note : General medical examination will be done through Shipping Corporation of India empanelled DG approved Doctors and No waiver will be given for the above. Candidates not meeting the above standard should not apply. Medical examination fees shall be borne by the candidates.
SCI Selection Criteria for Trainee Electrical Officer Job
Eligible candidates will be required to appear in the All India on line test at their own expenses and only candidates qualifying in the on line test will be called for Personal Interview keeping the provision of reservation for SC, ST & OBC as per Government Rules, regulations & policies as applicable.
Candidates fulfilling above mentioned criteria, will be called for on board training depending on the vessel’s availability. Trainee Electrical officers will be posted on Shipping Corporation of India owned and managed vessels, subject to completion of formalities.
Candidates will be paid a consolidated stipend of 15,000/- per month for six months On board training. After sailing with Shipping Corporation of India for six months as Trainee Electrical Officer with the satisfactory performance report, candidates might be considered as Electrical Officer for the second contract as per INSA-MUI terms subject to fulfilment of all the requirements of electrical officers. However, further to note that, the engagement will be always on Direct Contract subject to vessels’ availability/vacancy.
About the Examination for Trainee Electrical Officer :
The Shipping Corporation of India Trainee Electrical Officer Online examination shall be of two (02) hours duration which will be in the form of multiple choice questions (MCQs). The online examination will focus on MCQ’s on Quantitative Aptitude test, Professional Knowledge test, English Language test and Reasoning Ability test. The questions of the test will be bilingual (English and Hindi). Candidate MUST PASS in each of the objective tests to qualify for personnel interview. The passing Marks in each test will be decided on the basis of the performance of all the competing candidates in each test.
*Professional knowledge question paper will be different for ETO course holders and those do not have ETO Course*
Test Centre for Trainee Electrical Officer :
The Shipping Corporation of India Trainee Electrical Officer Online examination will be held at Mumbai, New Delhi, Kolkata, and Chennai only. Candidates will have to choose a test centre, nearest from their home town and the same cannot be changed after the form is submitted online. However, The Shipping Corporation of India reserves the right to cancel or add any test centre or change the centre chosen by the candidate.
SCI Application Fees for Trainee Electrical Officer Post 2017
1000/- for General (UR) and OBC candidates and 500/- for SC & ST candidates, (Excluding NEFT bank charges).
Before filling application form on-line, candidates must Deposit the application fees by National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT) and obtain UTR/Transaction ID (number) from respective bank. The details like Amount of fees deposited, NEFT/ UTR number / Transaction ID, Bank Name, Branch and Date of deposit need to be entered in the application form prior uploading.
The Bank details are as follows :
Bank Account Details to Deposit Application Fees :
Account Bearer : The Shipping Corporation of India LTD. Mumbai
Account Number : 10972426052
Bank Name : State Bank of India
Branch Name : Backbay Reclamation
Branch Code : 1593
City : Mumbai, Maharashtra
IFSC Code : SBIN0001593
Candidates may check the details on below ULR for more information about NEFT:
Shipping Corporation of India Interview Schedule
List of candidates shortlisted for interview will be published on SCI’s website (http://www.shipindia.com/careers/fleet-personnel/shortlisting-final-selection). Candidates are requested to regularly visit SCI website and SCI will not take responsibility for any failure in intimation or personal information’s Similarly, the final list of selected candidates before Medical examination will be published on the website only and will be intimated about the joining date and other formalities.
SCI Selection Procedure, Online Examination and Interview Schedule for Trainee Electrical Officer :
- Date, time and venue of online examination will be intimated through personal e-mail ID and on the SCI website. Qualified candidates shall take a printout of the admit card available online on SCI website. All Candidates are required to appear for the online examination at their own expenses.
- Short listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks obtained in online examination.
- Those who qualify on-line examination will be called for Personnel Interview at our Head Office. The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd. Mumbai, Maharashtra. All selected candidates are required to appear for the interview at their own expenses. The details about the Interview schedule will be communicated to all eligible candidates on personnel emails as well as uploaded on our (SCI) website.
- Only candidates qualifying in the personnel interview will be called for Medical examination. The procedure of medical test will take 2/3 days. Candidates are required to stay in Mumbai at their own cost to appear for the medical test.
- All selected candidates shall sign an Indemnity Bond assuming regular availability of their service with Shipping Corporation of India for a minimum period of 3 years article time. In the event of breach of Indemnity, candidate shall be liable to pay 5.00 Lakhs towards the expenses incurred on the skill development. It is also pertinent that candidate will not sail with or render his services to any other player in the market during this period in order to project business secrets of Corporation.
How to Apply for Trainee Electrical Officer Recruitment 2017
- Applications will be accepted online only from 26th May, 2017 to 25th June, 2017. Candidates have to log on to http://www.shipindia.com/careers/fleet-personnel for the important instructions for filling the online application are :
- Eligible candidates have to apply online only. It is mandatory that the candidates should have a valid e-mail id and mobile number while applying in order to facilitate faster communication. All future communications and correspondence will be through emails, SMS and our official website only.
- Before filling application on-line, candidates must deposit application fees to the above mentioned SCI Ltd, bank account and obtain NEFT UTR/Bank Transaction Number. The application fee can be paid by any bank.
- Detailed instructions for filling the application form will be given under the "General Instructions". Candidates should read all instructions before filling application form carefully.
- Before applying, candidates should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility criteria and norms mentioned in this advertisement.
- Multiple / Duplicate applications will not be accepted and the candidature of candidate shall be liable to reject in the event it comes to the knowledge of Corporation at any stage of the selection process.
- Candidates fulfilling eligibility criteria as per i) (as on online examination date) above ,those candidates should mention Post applied for Trainee Electrical Officer With ETO Course and fulfilling eligibility criteria as per ii) above should mention Post applied for Trainee Electrical Officer Without ETO Course while filling online application form.
Upon saving the on-line application with registration number, candidate has to download the printout of application form. Candidates are required to put his/her signature in the place and send the same application form along with bank transaction receipt. Candidates are advised to keep one copy each of application form and bank transaction receipt with him/her. This copy will be required to submit before interview during documents verification, if selected in on line examination. The application form with bank transaction receipt must be sent by Ordinary-Post/Courier/Speed Post/Registered-Post (No Hand delivery will be accepted) to the following address super scribing the envelope as:
“Application for Trainee Electrical Officer” and addressed to : Vice President I/C, Flee Personnel Dept. Third Floor. The Shipping Corporation Of India Ltd, Shipping House, 245, Madame Cama Road, Nariman point, Mumbai-400 021, Maharashtra, India, on or before 27th June, 2017 by 17:00 hrs.
To prevent postal delay and/ or loss kindly ensure that the application is sent only to the addressee given above before due date and time. Any delay at Candidates or at Post Office end, The Shipping Corporation of India Ltd. will NOT be responsible.
SCI Important Dates 2017
|Date of commencement of SCI Online application on website||26th May, 2017 from 10:00 hrs.|
|Last date of submission of SCI online application by the candidates||25th June, 2017 up to 17:00 hrs|
|Last date for receipt of the hard copy of the application sheet||27th June, 2017 up to 17:00 hrs|
|Date of SCI online examination||01st July, 2017 (Saturday) 11:00 hrs|