Ministry of Shipping Recruitment 2017 for Director (Engineering)
Ministry of Shipping Filling up the post of Director (Engineering) in Level : Pay scale of PB-3 15,600-39,100 + Grade Pay 7,600 Deputation including short term contract basis in Development Wing of Ministry of Shipping.
- Number of Post : 1 (one)
- Classification : General Centre Service Group "A" Gazetted (Non-Ministerial )
- Pay Scale for Ministry of Shipping Director Job : 15,600-39,100 + Grade Pay 7600
- Period of Deputation : 4 years subject to the condition that the period of deputation including Short-term Contract in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organization / department of the Central Government shall ordinarily not to exceed four years.
Duties and Responsibilities of Ministry of Shipping Director Post :
- Scrutiny of detailed project reports / feasibility reports, cost estimates of schemes relating to major / minor / intermediate ports and fishing harbour project / schemes refered by M/o Agriculture.
- Examination of tender documents, specification Proposed for civil works of port projects.
- Preparation / scrutiny of draft notes for EFC, PIB and CCEA on investment proposals.
- Works relating to committees, working groups set up by the Ministry, Port Trusts, or other Departments connected with major ports in which the Development Advisor (Ports) is a member.
Qualification, Eligibility and Experience Required for the Ports :
Officers under the Central Government or State Government or Union Territory or Major ports or Public Sector Undertakings, Autonomous Bodies or Universities or Research organizations :
- Holding analogous post on a regular basis in the parent cadre or department; or
- With 5 years service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on a regular basis in the scale of 10000-325-15200 (as per 6th CPC, PB-3 15600-39100 + Grade Pay 66001 or equivalent in the parent cadre or department; and
(b) Possessing the following educational qualifications and experience :
(i) Degree in Civil / Mechanical Engineering from a recognized University or Ministry of Shippingequivalent;
(ii) Ten years' experience in the field of either :
- Design, construction and Maintenance of Civil Engineering works including Harbour Engineering; or
- Maintenance and operation of different types cranes, diesel locos, marine engines, winches and auxillary machinery in a mechanical or marine workshop or organisation.
(i) The Departmental officers in the feeder category who are in the direct line of promotion shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment on deputation. Similarly, deputationists shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment by promotion.
(ii) Period of deputation including shoft term contract in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organization / Department of Central Government shall ordinarily not to exceed four years.
Ministry of Shipping Age Limit : Not exceeding 56 years as on the closing date of receipt of applications.
Ministry of Shipping Application Form 2017
It is requested that the applications (in duplicate) in the enclosed proforma of the willing and eligible officers, who would be spared in the event of their selection may be sent through proper channel to the following address within Last week of October, 2017 :
Room No. 427,
Ministry of Shipping,
I Parliament Street,
New Delhi - 110001.
The Ministry of Shipping Recruitment 2017 for Chairman
The Ministry of Shipping invites applications from the All India Service / Central Civil Services Group 'A' officers and also from eligible Port Officers working in Major port Trusts for the post of Chairman in Kandla Port Trust in the pay scale of 80,000-1,25,000/- (Industrial DA Pattern)
Ministry of Shipping Eligibility Criteria for AIS/Central Civil Service Group 'A' Officers
- The officers belonging to All India Services / Central Group 'A' Civil Services who have put not less than 16 years of service in Group 'A' are eligible to be considered for the post. preference may be given to those having experience of working in Port and Shipping sectors' The terms and-conditions of appointment of the officers selected shall be as per the rules and instructions of Central Government'
- The post is not a part of the central Staffing Scheme. The appointment will be made on deputation basis for a period of 5 years or as may be decided by the Competent Authority.
- The officers who satisfied the criteria must have at least 4 years service before retirement.
- The Cadre Controlling Authority / the State Government is requested to give wide publicity to the vacancy and forward names of suitable and willing officers for consideration for the post. The ACRs (only attested photocopies) of the officer for the last five years i.e. 2011 to 2015-16 (If the ACRs of a particular year/period between 2011-12 and 2015-16 are pending not available, "No Report Certificate" along with ACRs of preceding years may be furnished) along with the bio-data in the enclosed format, and clearance from administrative / vigilance angles and Integrity Certificate may also be sent. The vigilance clearance of the officer may be sent in the prescribed proforma attached with the application form.
Ministry of Shipping Eligibility Criteria for Port Officers
- Officers holding the posts of Chairman in category II ports with minimum 3 years of regular service in the Post.
- Port Officers working in Major Port Trusts who are eligible to be considered for the post should send their applications through proper channel.
- While forwarding the applications the Chairman of the concerned Port may please ensure the following documents are sent along with the application form :
- ACRs of last 5 years (2011-12 to 2015-16)
- A certificate on adverse entries in the ACRs, if any.
- If the ACRs of a particular year between 2011-12 and 2015-16 are pending / not available. "No Report Certificate" along with ACRs of preceding years, may be furnished. A statement showing ACRs grading should also be furnished.
- The details regarding officers holding higher posts on ad-hoc / temporary basis should be clearly specified.
- The Vigilance status of the candidate in the prescribed proforma duly filled in column-wise and signed by CVOs of the concerned Port (with details of last ten years)
Ministry of Shipping Application Form 2017
The applications (in the enclosed format) which are received after due date/ not sent through proper channel will not be considered.
The last date for receipt of applications in this Ministry is 04th September, 2017.
The applications may be sent to the undersigned at the following address :
Under Secretary (PHRD),
Ministry of Shipping,
Room No. 438,
Transport Bhawan I ,
New Delhi-110001 .