MPEDA Recruitment 2017 for Director
The Marine Products Export Development Authority (MPEDA), invites application for the post of the Director in its Head Office at Kochi in the Pay Band-4 of 37,400/- - 67,000/- plus Grade Pay 8,700/- (pre-revised) on deputation / promotion / direct recruitment basis.
1. Name of Organization : The Marine Products Export Development Authority (MPEDA), Kochi.
2. Name of the MPEDA Post : Director
3. Number of MPEDA Post : One (1)
4. Scale of Pay for MPEDA 2017 : 37,400/- - 67,000/- plus Grade Pay 8700/- (Pre-Revised)
5. Method of MPEDA Recruitment : Deputation / Promotion / Direct Recruitment.
6. MPEDA Age Limit for Direct Recruit : 50 years
7. MPEDA Educational Qualification (Essential)
A Post Graduate Degree minimum Second Class in Zoology / Marine Biology / Fisheries from any recognized Indian or Foreign University.
8. Experience (Essential) :
- Research / consultancy experience in the field of Fisheries as evidenced by publications and reports.
- Not less than 15 years of experience in Marine Fisheries covering Research, Planning, Development and Technical Administration of which at least 5 years must be in the capacity as the head of a Fishery / Research / Training institute of Department, of Fisheries of the Central Government, or a State Government, responsible for the formulation and execution of Fisheries or Fisheries Development / Research Project.
- Familiarity with programs and problems connected with the export promotion in the field of Fisheries.
9. Desirable :
- A doctorate in Zoology / marine Biology or Fisheries of a recognized Indian or Foreign University.
- Published works on Fisheries of a high quality.
- Knowledge of standards and procedures relating to licensing and quality control of marine products for export.
- Knowledge of the Commercial practices and administrative procedures connected with the export trade of marine products.
- Knowledge of marketing conditions and practices of marine products in the, various countries.
- Participation as an official delegate in International Scientific Seminars and Conference relating to marine products.
- Knowledge of modern methods of personnel management.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following foreign language - Japanese / French.
10. Period of Probation : One (1) year
11. MPEDA Eligibility Criteria in case the recruitment by Promotion / Transfer
For promotion form among the officers of MPEDA who are in the equivalent grade or in the Pay Band - 3 of 15,600 - 39,100 + Grade Pay 7600/- (Pre-revised) with a minimum of 5 years of experience and who possess the essential educational qualifications prescribed. for direct recruitment and found suitable on the basis of their in-service performance assessment. For deputation from among the officers of the Central / State Government Department / Institution / Agencies who are in the equivalent grade or in Pay Band-3 of 15,600 - 39,100 + Grade Pay 7600/- with a minimum of 5 years of experience and who possess the essential educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruitment and found suitable on the basis of their in-service performance assessment.
12. Tenure : Four (4) years including the probation period of one (1) year, or till the date of superannuation, whichever is earlier.
Cadre clearance, by name to the following address :
Shri Ajay Kumar Sah,
Section Officer (EP-MP Desk),
Department of Commerce,
Ministry of Commerce and Industry,
Room No. 446- A, Udyog Bhawan,
New Delhi - 110107.
Within last week of July, 2017.