CPT Recruitment 2017 for Chief Mechanical Engineer
Cochin Port Trust applications are invited for filling up the post of Chief Mechanical Engineer in the scale of pay of 43200-66000 (Pre-revised 18500-23900) in Cochin Port Trust on deputation basis.
1. Name of Post : Chief Mechanical Engineer (Category-II Ports)
2. No. of Posts : 1
3. Classification : Class-I
4. Scale of Pay (Rs.) : 18500-450-23900
5. Whether selection or Non selection : Selection
6. Upper Age limit for Direct Recruitment (in years) : 45
7. CPT Educational and Other Qualifications Prescribed for Direct Recruitment 2017
- Degree or equivalent in Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics & Communication Engineering / Naval Architecture from a recognised University / Institution OR MOT 1st Class Motor Certificate issued under Merchant Shipping Act 1958.
- Fifteen years experience in managerial capacity dealing with Mechanical / Electrical / Marine / Electronics Engineering works, out of which 8 years experience shall be in workshops undertaking maintenance of cargo handling equipments / Electrical Installations / Ship Repairs in any Major Port Trusts / Industrial / Commercial / Government Undertaking.
8. Period of Probation, (in years) : NA
9. Method of Recruitment (whether by direct recruitment or by promotion / absorption / deputation) : By absorption through composite method failing which by deputation failing both by direct recruitment.
10. In case of promotion / absorption / deputation, grades from which it should be made :
For absorption through composite method, officers holding analogous posts or officers holding posts in the scale of pay of 17500- 22300 with two years regular service in the grade or officers holding the posts in the scale of pay of 16000-20800 with three years regular service in the grade in the M&E Engineering Department and Marine Department (Applicable to categories of Marine Engineers only) in a Major Port Trust will be eligible.
For deputation, Officers holding analogous posts or officers holding post of Deputy Chief Mechanical Engineer and equivalent posts in the Mechanical & Electrical Engineering Department in the scale of pay of 16000-20800 and above with 3 years regular service in the grade in Government / PSUs / Autonomous Bodies will be eligible.
The selection is by merit for which the bench mark in overall grading in the ACRs.
How to Apply for Cochin Port Trust Recruitment 2017
- Eligible and willing Officers are requested to apply online in the Online Application Portal (OAP) of the Ministry of Shipping http://onlinevacancy.shipmin.nic.in. The applicant has to register in the Online Application Portal and after the registration process, apply for the post through the Online Application Portal.
- A printout of the filled up application along with the requisite documents may be sent to The Secretary, Cochin Port Trust, Willingdon Island, Cochin - 682 009 through proper channel before the due date of receipt of applications.
- The applications which are received after due date / not sent through proper channel will not be considered. The last date of receipt of applications is 11th September, 2017.