It is proposed to fill up one post of Motor Vehicle Inspector (Group 'B' Gazetted) in the Department of Road Transport, Kavaratti, Union Territory of Lakshadweep in the Level-7 in Pay Matrix (Rs. 9,300-Rs. 34,800 + GP 4,600, 6th CPC) on promotion/Transfer on deputation basis. The eligibility conditions are as follows: Promotion/Transfer on deputation.
Officers of the Central Govt./State Govt./Union Territories Administration:-
(a) holding analogous posts on regular basis; or
(b) (i) with 2 years regular service in posts in the Level-6 in Pay Matrix (Rs. 9300-34800 + GP 4200 6th CPC) or
(ii) with 7 years regular service in posts in the Level-5 in Pay Matrix (Rs. 5400-20200 + GP 2800, 6th CPC) or equivalent;
and possessing the following qualifications and experience :-Essential
(i) Knowledge of the Motor Vehicles Act with up to date amendments and rules framed there under.
(ii) Relevant field experience.
(iii) Knowledge of Malayalam.
(iv) Must have attended a Government recognized training/programme/course in Motor Vehicle Inspection.
Note: In case a candidate does not possess this qualification (SI. No. iv), he/she shall acquire it within 6 months of being appointed to the post, as may be provided by the competent authority.
2. The departmental Assistant Motor Vehicle Inspectors with 7 years regular service in the grade are also to be considered and in case he is selected for appointment to the post, the post shall be deemed to have been filled by promotion.
3. The departmental officers in the feeder category who are in the direct line of promotion shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment on deputation.
4. Similarly, deputationist shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment by promotion.
5. Period of deputation including period of deputation in another ex-cadre post held immediately proceeding this appointment in the same or some other organization/ department of the Central Govt. shall ordinarily not exceed 3 (three) years.
6. The Officer selected on deputation basis will have the option to draw his grade pay plus deputation (duty) allowance or to have his pay fixed in the scale of pay of the post in accordance with DOPTs OM No. 2/8/97-Estt (Pay II) dated 11.3.1998, as amended from time to time. Special Compensatory (Remote Locality) Allowance is also admissible in accordance with the Ministry of Finance OM No. 3198-E-II (B) dated 20.07.1998.
7. It is requested that application (in triplicate) in the given proforma along with the complete and up to date confidential report dossiers (Photo copies of the CRs are to be got attested by an officer not below the rank of Under Secretary to the Govt. of India) and integrity certificate of eligible officer who could be spared in the event of their selection may kindly be forwarded to Director (Road Transport), Union Territory of Lakshadweep Kavaratti-682555 within 30 days from the date of publication of this Advt. in the Employment News. Application form can down load from the Lakshadweep official web site https://lakshadweep.gov.in.
This issues with the approval of Hon'ble Administrator vide diary No. 601 dated 17.03.2020.
Applications for filling up of the post of Motor Vehicle Inspector (Group 'B' Gazetted) Level-7 in Pay Matrix (Rs. 9300-34800 + GP 4600, 6th CPC) in the Department of Road Transport, Kavaratti under Lakshadweep Administration BIO-DATA