Securities and Exchange Board of India Officer Recruitment 2013
Securities and Exchange Board of India,
Recruitment of Officer Grade A ( Official Language Stream )
Securities and Exchange Board of India ( SEBI ), is a statutory regulatory body established by an Act of Parliament, to protect the interests of investors in securities, to promote the development of and to regulate the securities market.
SEBI invites applications from Indian citizens for the post of Officer Grade A ( Official Language Stream ). SEBI reserves the right to fill up the post or not to fill up the post at all.
Name of the Posts : 03 ( Three ).
1. No post is reserved for SC/ ST/ OBC categories. However, they may also apply though they will not be eligible for any concession / relaxation except SEBI application fee for SC / ST.
2. No post is reserved for Persons with Disability ( PWD ) candidates. However, candidates who are Orthopedically Challenged / Visually Challenged / Hearing Impaired having 40% or more disability are eligible to apply as a general candidate though they will not be eligible for any concession / relaxation except SEBI Officer application fee.
The Officers shall broadly have the following Role :
i. Implementation of Official Language policy of the Government of India.
ii. Translation and vetting of translation from English into Hindi and vice – versa of various references, documents, manuals and other publications of the Board.
iv. Various other duties and functions assigned by the Board.
Eligibility Criteria for SEBI Officer Recruitment 2013 :
a. SEBI Officer Job Educational Qualification as on 31/01/2013 :
Masters Degree in Hindi with 55% in the aggregate with English as one of the subjects at Bachelors Degree level or Masters Degree in Sanskrit / English / Economics / Commerce with 55% in the aggregate with Hindi as a subject at Bachelors Degree level.
b. Other Skills :
i. Should have good communication & presentation skills.
ii. Good drafting skills.
iii. Should be computer literate and conversant with MS Office, Word and Excel applications. Further, experience in the use of Hindi software packages and the knowledge of Hindi terminology related to economics, finance and securities market is desirable.
c. Work Experience :
Candidate having experience of at least two years in related field will be given preference. The Candidate will be required to submit the experience certificate from his / her previous employers.
SEBI Officer Age limit ( as on 31/01/2013 ) :
Not above 27 years as on 31/01/2013 i.e. applicants must have been born on or after 01/02/1986.
Selection Process for SEBI Officer Recruitment 2013 :
a. Written Examination for SEBI Officer Recruitment 2013 :
1. SEBI Written examination for 200 marks will be held.
2. Candidates will have to secure minimum marks as decided by the Board.
3. The SEBI Examination will consist of tests relating to the job requirements as specified above and a test on computer proficiency in Hindi language.
b. SEBI Interview 2013 :
1. Candidates will be shortlisted for interview based on the aggregate marks obtained in the SEBI Written Examination.
2. The Board reserves the right to modify the selection procedure, if deemed fit.
Service Conditions / Pay ad Allowances :
a. SEBI Officer Remuneration 2013 :
1. The incumbent will be on a scale of pay of Officer Grade A in the scale of 17100 – 1000 ( 11 ) – 28100 – EB – 1000 ( 4 ) – 32100 – 1100 ( 1 ) – 33200.
2. Presently, the gross emolument at Mumbai at the minimum of this scale is approx 64,000/- p.m. without accommodation and 44,000/- p.m. with accommodation.
b. Benefits :
Other benefits viz LFC, Medical Expenses ( both declaration and non – declaration ), Financial Dailies, Book Grant, Briefcase, Vehicle Maintenance, House Cleaning Allowance, Health Check up, Eye Refraction Test, Subsidized Lunch Facility and all other benefits as admissible to an Officer in Grade A in SEBI.
c. Accommodation :
All efforts would be made to provide residential accommodation, subject to availability.
d. SEBI Officer Posting :
The incumbent would be posted at the Head Office of SEBI at Mumbai. However, the service may be transferred to any location in India where SEBI has its Offices.
SEBI Officer Job Written Test Centres :
1. The SEBI Written Test 2013 will be held at the following centers viz : Mumbai, New Delhi, Kolkata, Chennai and the addresses of the venue will be advised in the SEBI call letter.
2. Candidates are required to indicate the preferred SEBI written test center in the Security of Exchange Board of India Officer Recruitment 2013 application form.
3. However, the Board reserves the right to allocate any of the above SEBI test centers.
Application Form for SEBI Officer Recruitment 2013 :
1. Candidates who satisfy the eligibility norms may apply giving their bio data strictly in the attached format. Candidates should also fill in the attached SEBI Admit Card and send both parts ( candidate’s and office copy ) along with the application form.
2. SEBI Officer Recruitment 2013 Applications along with Demand Drafts should be sent by ordinary post in a cover super scribing the
post applied for ‘ SEBI – Application for the post of Officer Grade A ( Official Language Stream ) to the following address :
General Manager ( HRD ),
Securities and Exchange Board of India,
Plot No.C4 – A, “ G ” Block,
Bandra – Kurla Complex,
Bandra ( East ),
Mumbai – 400 051.
3. SEBI Officer Job 2013 Application to reach latest by February 27, 2013.
Application Fee for SEBI Officer Job 2013 :
1. 500/- ( Rupees five hundred only ). ( 50/- for SC / ST / PWD ).
2. SEBI Officer Application Fee is payable by Demand Draft favouring ” Securities and Exchange Board of India ” and payable at “Mumbai” only.
3. However, candidates from un – banked areas may pay fee by crossed Indian Postal Orders in favour of ” Securities and Exchange Board of India ” payable at ” GPO, Mumbai “.
4. Candidates should write their Name and Address on the reverse of the Demand Draft or in the space provided for the purpose on the Postal Orders and enclose them to the application with a pin ( should not be stapled ). SEBI Officer Fees sent separately not accompanied with proper application or payment in any other manner will not be accepted.
5. SEBI Officer Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
6. The name of the candidate or his / her father / husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the SEBI Officer Recruitment 2013 application as it appears in the certificates / mark – sheets. Any change / alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
7. SEBI Officer Recruitment 2013 Application received after this date is liable to be rejected.
General Instructions for SEBI Recruitment 2013 :
1. Applications which are incomplete, or received after the prescribed date will not be considered.
2. Mode of selection will be written examination and interview. Only the short – listed candidates will be called for interview. Application fee shall not be refunded to the candidates not short-listed for the interview.
3. Candidates should satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the post applied for.
4. The Board reserves the right to relax any of the requirements for the candidates in deserving cases.
5. Candidates applying for the post of Officer Grade A ( Official Language Stream ) who are already in service of Govt. / Quasi – Govt. Organizations and Public Sector Banks / Undertakings will have to produce a ” No Objection Certificate ” from their employer, at the time of Interview.
6. Before appointment in SEBI, a proper discharge certificate from the employer will have to be produced. If the application is required to be routed through the employer and in the process it reaches the address as given at point IX after the due date, it will not be considered even though submitted to the employer before the due date.
7. In such cases, SEBI application marked ‘ Advance Copy ‘ should be sent to the address as given at point IX and the regular copy should be routed through the employer.
8. The Board reserves the right to cancel the advertisement fully or partly on any grounds.
9. Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate.
10. If the candidates are not eligible or have knowingly or willfully furnished incorrect or false particulars or suppressed material information, their candidature will be liable to be cancelled at any stage of the selection. If the candidate qualifies in the selection process and subsequently it is found that he / she does not fulfill the SEBI eligibility criteria, his / her candidature will be cancelled and if appointed, the appointment would be terminated without any notice or compensation.
11. SEBI Officer Job 2013 Applications received after due date will not be entertained. The Board takes no responsibility for any delay in receipt of application or loss thereof in postal transit.
10. The decision of Board in all matters would be final and binding, and no correspondence in this regard would be entertained.