Securities and Exchange Board of India Officer Recruitment 2013
Recruitment of Officer Grade A (General Stream)
Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), is a statutory regulatory body established by an Act of Parliament, to protect the interests of investors in securities, to promote the development of and to regulate the securities market. SEBI invites applications from Indian citizens for the post of Officer Grade A (General Stream).
|SEBI Officer Grade A Exam Online Practice Test 2013 – Special Discount !!!|
Important Dates for SEBI Exams 2013 :
|SEBI Online Application Form 2013||12/08/2013 to 26/08/2013|
|Payment of SEBI Exam Fee Online||12/08/2013 to 26/08/2013|
|Payment of SEBI Exam Fee Off-line||14/08/2013 to 30/08/2013|
|Availability of Call Letters on SEBI website (for SEBI 2013 Online Examination)||07/09/2013 (tentative)|
|Date of SEBI Online Examination 2013||15/09/2013 (tentative)|
No. of SEBI Officer Posts : 75 (Seventy Five)
a. Reservation for SEBI Officer Grade A :
|General||OBC||SC||ST||Out of which PWD (^^)|
^^ Persons with Disability (PWD) – Only persons with disabilities: Orthopedically Challenged / Visually Challenged / Hearing Impaired having 40% or more disability, are eligible to apply for the posts. As the reservation for PWD is on horizontal basis, the selected candidates will be placed in the appropriate category (viz: SC, ST, OBC, and General to which they belong to).
Eligibility Criteria for SEBI Officer Grade A Recruitment 2013 :
a. SEBI Officer Grade A Educational qualification as on 31/07/2013 : Masters Degree in Economics / Commerce / MBA / Post Graduate Degree in Management / Post Graduate Diploma in Management with 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/ PWD) in the aggregate from a recognized University / Institute, CA/CFA/CS/ICWA.
b. Computer Literacy : Candidates are expected to be computer literate and conversant with MS Office, Word and Excel Applications.
c. Work experience : Experience in the related field will be considered during the selection process. The candidate will be required to submit the experience certificate(s) from employer(s).
d. SEBI Officer Age limit (as on 31/07/2013) : Not above 27 years as on 31/07/2013 i.e. applicants must have been born on or after 01/08/1986 (Relaxable by 10 years for PWD candidates, 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates). There is no age limit for internal candidates.
Selection Process for SEBI Officer Recruitment 2013 :Mode of selection will be SEBI Online Examination for Officer Recruitment and Interview as under :
a. SEBI Online Examination 2013 : An SEBI Officer online examination of Objective type (Multiple Choice) for 200 marks will tentatively be held on Sunday, 15.09.2013. The SEBI Officer Grade A exam pattern / exam syllabus will consist of sections for i) English Language, ii) Quantitative Aptitude, iii) Reasoning ability and iv) General Awareness. Candidates would have to secure minimum marks separately for each section as decided by SEBI, based on Group Performance.
b. SEBI Officer Interview : Candidates will be short-listed for interview based on the aggregate marks obtained in the online examination. SEBI Officer Recruitment 2013 reserves the right to modify the SEBI selection procedure, if deemed fit.
Pre-Examination Training for SC / ST / PWD candidates :
a. SEBI Recruitment 2013 will arrange pre-examination training for the SC/ST/PWD candidates, free of cost, at Chennai, Kolkata, Mumbai and New Delhi centers. Candidates who desire to avail of the training may apply separately by e-mail at email@example.com, while indicating their choice of centers. However, SEBI reserves the right to allocate any of the above centres. Candidates will be required to make arrangement for their stay, travel etc. for the duration of the training.
b. SEBI Officer Grade A Recruitment 2013 reserves the right to cancel the training at one or more of the centers depending upon the availability of candidates.
Service Conditions / Pay Band Allowances :
a. SEBI Officer Remuneration 2013 : The incumbent will be on a scale of pay of SEBI Officer Grade A in the scale of 17100-1000(11)-28100-EB- 1000(4)-32100-1100(1)-33200. Presently, the gross emolument including Grade Allowance, Special Allowance, Dearness Allowance, Family Allowance, Local Allowance etc. at Mumbai at the minimum of this scale is approx 65,000/- p.m. without accommodation and 45,000/- p.m. with accommodation.
b. Benefits : Other benefits viz LFC, Medical Expenses (both declaration and nondeclaration), Financial Dailies, Book Grant, Briefcase, Vehicle Maintenance, House Cleaning Allowance, Entertainment Allowance, Health Check up, Eye Refraction Test, Subsidized Lunch Facility and all other benefits as admissible to an Officer in Grade A in SEBI. The CTC for the post would be 11 lacs (approx) p.a.
c. Accommodation : All efforts would be made to provide residential accommodation, subject to availability.
d. SEBI Officer Posting : The incumbent may be posted and transferred to any location in India where SEBI has its Offices.
SEBI Officer Examination Centres :
a. The SEBI Online Examination 2013 will be held at the following centres :
b. The addresses of the venue will be advised in the SEBI Officer exam call letter. Candidates are required to indicate the preferred test centre in the SEBI officer exam application form 2013. SEBI however, reserves the right to cancel any of the Officer Grade A Examination Centres and/ or add some other Centres, depending upon the response, administrative feasibility, etc.
c. As far as possible candidates will be allotted to a centre of his / her choice. However SEBI Officer Recruitment 2013 also reserves the right to allot the candidate to any centre other than the one he / she has opted for.
d. In case a candidate is allotted a test centre other than his preferred centre, he / she will be intimated of the change in centre by 02/09/2013 by e-mail.
e. Candidate will appear for the examination at an Examination Centre at his / her own risks and expenses and SEBI will not be responsible for any injury or losses etc. of any nature.
f. No request for change of centre for SEBI Officer Examination shall be entertained.
SEBI Officer Application Fee (Non-Refundable) :
|Category of Applicant||Amount of Fees (Non-refundable)|
|SC/ST/Persons With Disability (PWD)||50/- as intimation charges plus applicable bank charges.|
|GEN/OBC||500/- as application fee cum intimation charges plus applicable bank charges.|
SEBI Application Form 2013 :
a. Pre Requisites for SEBI Applying Online 2013 :
Candidates are required to apply Online through website www.sebi.gov.in. No other means / mode of sebi officer application will be accepted. Candidates need not submit the system generated print out of the SEBI ONLINE application to SEBI’s office. SEBI Call letters for Officer Online Test will be available on SEBI website tentatively from 07/09/2013 and candidate has to download his / her respective call letter.
List of candidates shortlisted for SEBI interview will be made available on SEBI website. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e-mail ID, he / she should create his / her new e-mail ID before applying online. Under no circumstances, a candidate should share / mention e-mail ID to / of any other person.
b. Applicants are first required to go to SEBI’s website www.sebi.gov.in and open the link “SEBI Careers”. Thereafter, open the SEBI Recruitment Notification entitled “SEBI Recruitment Exercise 2013″.
c. Candidates will have to enter their basic details and upload the photograph and signature in the online application form as per the specifications given in the Application Form for SEBI Officer Grade A 2013.
d. The name of the candidate and other details should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the certificates / mark-sheets. Any change / alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
e. Payment of application fee / intimation charges has to be done after successful registration of the application else application will be treated as cancelled.
Mode of Payment :
Candidates have the option of making the payment of requisite fees / intimation charges either through the ONLINE or the OFFLINE
SEBI Payment of fees / intimation charges via the ONLINE MODE
a. Candidates should carefully fill in the details in the SEBI Online Application at the appropriate places very carefully and click on the “SUBMIT” button at the end of the SEBI Officer Online Application format. Before pressing the “SUBMIT” button, candidates are advised to verify every field filled in the SEBI 2013 application. The name of the candidate or his / her father / husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the certificates / mark sheets. Any change / alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
b. The SEBI Officer Grade A application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the instructions.
c. The payment can be made by using only Master / Visa Debit or Credit cards or Internet Banking by providing information as asked on the screen.
d. In case candidates wish to pay fees / intimation charges through the online payment gateway after the upload of photograph and signature an additional page of the SEBI Officer application form is displayed wherein candidates may follow the instructions and fill in the requisite details.
e. If the online transaction has been successfully completed a Registration Number and Password will be generated. Candidates should note their Registration Number and Password for future reference.
f. If the online transaction has not been successfully completed then the following message is displayed ‘Your online transaction was unsuccessful. Please register again’ Candidates may then revisit the ‘Apply Online’ link and fill in their application details again.
g. On successful completion of the transaction, an e-receipt will be generated.
h. Candidates are required to take a printout of the e-receipt.
1. After submitting your payment information in the SEBI Officer Online Application Form 2013, please wait for the intimation from the server, DO NOT press Back or Refresh button in order to avoid double charge.
2. To ensure the security of your data, please close the browser window once your transaction is completed.
Payment of fees / intimation charges via OFFLINE MODE (at counters of specified Bank branches) :
a. Payment of fee / intimation charges through the offline mode can be made through the CBS branches of State Bank of India. Candidates should fill in the details in the SEBI Officer Online Application at the appropriate places very carefully and click on the “SUBMIT” button at the end of the SEBI Recruitment 2013 Online Application format. Before pressing the “SUBMIT” button, candidates are advised to verify every field filled in the application. The name of the candidate or his / her father / husband etc. should be spelt correctly in the application as it appears in the certificates / mark sheets. Any change / alteration found may disqualify the candidature.
A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Registration Number and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
b. In case the candidate is unable to fill in the sebi recruitment officer application form in one go, he / she can save the data already entered. When the data is saved, a provisional registration number and password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional registration number and password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent. They can reopen the saved data using Provisional registration number and password and edit the particulars, if needed. This facility will be available for three times only.
c. Once the sebi officer job application is filled in completely, candidate should submit the data. Candidates should take a printout of the system generated fee payment challan immediately. No change / edit will be allowed after submission.
d. The SEBI Officer Registration at this stage is provisional.
e. SEBI Officer Exam Fee Payment : Fee payment will be accepted at the CBS branches of State Bank of India from 2nd working day after registration and can be made within three working days. System generated fee payment challan will be used for depositing fee. (For example: If one has registered on 27.07.2013 then he / she will be able to deposit the fee from 30.07.2013 to 01.08.2013 considering 28.07.2013 is a non-working day). Once fee has been paid, the SEBI registration process is completed. Candidate will receive registration confirmation by SMS / email after two working days from the date of payment of fees / intimation charges. Please ensure to furnish correct Mobile number / e-mail address to receive the registration confirmation.
1. There is also a provision to reprint the submitted application containing fee details, three days after fee payment.
2. After completing the procedure of sebi applying online including payment of fees, the candidate should take a printout of the system generated SEBI Recruitment 2013 online application form three days after fee payment, ensure the particulars filled in are accurate and retain it along with Registration Number and Password for future reference. They should not send this printout to the SEBI.
3. Please note that all the particulars mentioned in the SEBI Officer job online application including Name of the Candidate, Category, Date of Birth, Address, Mobile Number, Email ID, Centre of Examination, etc will be considered as final and no change/modifications will be allowed after submission of the online application form for SEBI 2013. Candidates are hence requested to fill in the Officer Grade A SEBI 2013 online application form with the utmost care as no correspondence regarding change of details will be entertained. The SEBI Recruitment 2013 will not be responsible for any consequences arising out of furnishing of incorrect and incomplete details in the application or omission to provide the required details in the SEBI application form 2013.
3. An email / SMS intimation with the Registration Number and Password generated on successful registration of the application will be sent to the candidate’s email ID / Mobile Number specified in the online application form as a system generated acknowledgement. If candidates do not receive the email and SMS intimations at the email ID / Mobile number specified by them, they may consider that their online application has not been successfully registered.
4. An SEBI Online Application 2013 which is incomplete in any respect such as without photograph and signature uploaded in the online application form for SEBI 2013 / unsuccessful fee payment will not be considered as valid.
5. Candidates are advised in their own interest to apply online much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date for depositing the fee to avoid the possibility of disconnection / inability / failure to log on to the website on account of heavy load on internet / website jam.
6. The SEBI Recruitment 2013 does not assume any responsibility for the candidates not being able to submit their applications within the last date on account of the aforesaid reasons or for any other reason beyond the control of the SEBI.
7. Please note that the above procedure is the only valid procedure for applying. No other mode of SEBI application or incomplete steps would be accepted and such applications would be rejected.
8. Any information submitted by an applicant in his / her application shall be binding on the candidate personally and he / she shall be liable for prosecution / civil consequences in case the information / details furnished by him / her are found to be false at a later stage.