ONGC Latest Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2012
Join the Country’s Most Valued Company Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd. ( ONGC ) is a Maharatna and a Fortune – Global 500 Company. It is ranked # 2 E & P company in the World and amongst top 5 Energy Companies in Asia and ranks 21st among leading global energy majors as per ‘ Platts ‘ Top 250 ‘ Global Energy Company Ranking 2012. It is ranked 25* among the Global Publicly – listed energy companies as per ‘ PFC Energy 50 ‘ list in 2012. It ranks 171st in the Forbes Global 2000 list of 2012. ONGC is the only Indian energy major in ‘ Fortune ‘s Most Admired List 2012 ‘ under ‘ Mining, Crude Oil Production ‘ category ( March 2012 ).
ONGC, through its subsidiary ONGC Videsh Ltd. ( 0VL ), is India’s biggest Transnational Corporate with overseas investment of over 12 billion USD in 15 countries. ONGC has been bestowed with ” Most Attractive Employer ” Award instituted by Ma Foi Randstad, to encourage best practices and building the ” Employer Brand “.
ONGC is looking for promising, energetic and young Geo – scientists, Engineers, MBAs, and CAs / ICWA’s with bright academic record to join the organization as Class – I Executive ( E – 1 ) in the following disciplines – Geology, Geophysics, Reservoir, Chemistry, Programming, Production, Drilling, Cemenling, Mechanical, Electrical, E & T, Instrumentation, Civil, Transport, Finance, HR, Materials Management, Medical and Security.
The Graduate Trainee Pay Scale for ONGC is in the grade of 24,900 – 50,500/- with an increment of 3% per year. Besides Basic Pay, the employee is entitled to allowance @ 47% of Basic Pay under Cafeteria Approach, Dearness Allowance, HRA / Company Accommodation, Contributory Provident Fund, Conveyance Maintenance, Substantial Performance Related Pay ( PRP ), Medical Facility for self and dependents, Gratuity, Self Contributory Post Retirement Benefit Scheme and Composite Social Security Scheme as per Company rules.
The Company offers one of the best compensation packages in cost to company ( CTC ) terms in the country with opportunity of merit – oriented advancement in a professionally managed organization focused on growth.
A. Details of Disciplines and Minimum Essential Qualifications for ONGC GT Vacancies 2012 :
|Si. No.||Discipline||Posts||Minimum Essential Qualification ( Refer point B also )|
|1.||Geology||25||13||5||7||-||50||Post Graduate Degree in Geology / M.Sc. or M.Tech ( Petroleum Geoscience/ Petroleum Geology ) with minimum 60% marks.|
|2.||Geophysics ( Surface )||22||4||2||2||-||30||Post Graduate Degree in Geophysics OR Physics with Electronics with minimum 60% marks.|
|3.||Geophysics ( Wells )||16||7||1||-||-||24||Post Graduate Degree in Geophysics OR Physics with Electronics with minimum 60% marks.|
|4.||Reservoir||24||14||8||1||-||47||Post Graduate Degree in Geology / Chemistry / Geophysics / Mathematics / Physics / Petroleum Technology with minimum 60% marks ( Must have Mathematics / Physics at B.Sc. level ) or Graduate degree in Chemical / Petroleum Engineering / Applied Petroleum Engineering with minimum 60% marks.|
|5.||Chemistry||34||17||7||2||-||60||Graduate Degree in Chemical Engineering with minimum 60% marks or Post Graduate Degree in Chemistry with minimum 60% marks.|
|6.||Programming +*||11||4||4||2||*(HH)||21||Graduate Degree in Computer Engineering with minimum 60% marks or Post Graduate in Computer Applications ( MCA ) / Computer Science with minimum 60% marks or ‘ B ‘ level diploma as defined by Deptt of Electronics, GOI.|
|7.||Production||110||56||29||25||-||220||Graduate Degree in Chemical / Mechanical / Petroleum Engineering / Applied Petroleum Engineering with minimum 60% marks.|
|8.||Drilling||58||36||6||10||-||110||Graduate Degree in Mechanical / Petroleum Engineering with minimum 60% marks.|
|9.||Cementing||10||6||3||1||-||20||Graduate Degree in Mechanical / Petroleum Engineering with minimum 60% marks.|
|10.||Mechanical||30||18||1||11||-||60||Graduate Degree in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 60% marks.|
|11.||Electrical||20||12||1||7||-||40||Graduate Degree in Electrical Engineering with minimum 60% marks. Should have certificate of competency as Electrical Supervisor.|
|12.||E & T||26||11||8||-||-||45||Graduate Degree in Electronics / Telecom / E & T Engineering with minimum 60% marks OR Post Graduate Degree in Physics with Electronics with minimum 60% marks.|
|13.||Instrumentation||19||3||8||-||-||30||Graduate Degree in Instrumentation Engineering with minimum 60% marks.|
|14.||Civil||12||3||-||-||-||15||Graduate Degree in Civil Engineering with minimum 60% marks.|
|15.||Transport||6||1||2||2||-||11||Graduate degree in Auto / Mechanical Engineering with minimum 60% marks OR MBA with minimum 60% marks.|
|16.||Finance & Accounts +*||23||10||-||1||*( HH )||34||Graduate Degree with ICWA / CA or MBA with specialization in Finance with minimum 60% marks.|
|17.||HR +*||13||4||5||3||* ( VH )||25||MBA with specialization in Personnel Management / HRD / HRM with minimum 60% marks OR Post Graduate degree in Personnel Management / IR / Labour Welfare with minimum 60% marks.|
|18.||MM +*||19||6||6||* ( HH )||31||Engineering Graduate in Chemical / Mechanical / Petroleum / Applied Petroleum / Auto / Electrical / Instrumentation / Civil / Electronics / Telecom / E & T / Computer Engineering with minimum 60% marks or MBA with specialization in Materials Management/Inventory Control – with minimum 60% marks or Graduate degree with PG Diploma in Material Management awarded by Indian Institute of Materials Management recognized for the purpose of recruitment to superior posts in the Central Government with minimum 60% marks.|
|19.||Medical||4||1||1||1||-||7||MBBS with Valid Registration|
|20.||Security||5||2||-||2||-||9||Post Graduate Degree with 2 years service with Armed Forces or Central Police Organisation. ( Minimum Physical Standards as given below # )|
- + Posts identified for Persons with Disabilities( PWD ).
- * – 08 ( eight ) posts in HR are reserved for Person with Disabilities ( PWD ) under VH Criteria.
- - 04 ( four ) posts in MM / Finance / Programming disciplines are reserved for Person with Disabilities under HH Criteria.
- # Minimum Physical Standard requirement for Security discipline :
- a). Minimum height 168 cms ( for tribes / hillmen – 163 cms ). Chest – 81 cms. With expansion of 5 cms.
- b). For persons from state of Assam : Minimum height – 163 cms ( for tribes / hill men – 160 cms ) Chest – 79cms. With expansion of 5 cms.
B. Essential Requirements :
|The minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination / degree is as under ( Excluding Security discipline )|
|Subjects||Minimum %age of marks required for Gen / OBC / SC / ST / PWD / Departmental|
|1. Engg / Science subjects||Minimum 60% marks|
|2. MBA / PG Degree||Minimum 60% marks|
|3. ICWA / CA / MBBS||Pass|
Wherever CGPA / OGPA / CPI / DGPA or letter grade in degree is awarded, equivalent % of marks should be indicated in the online application as per norms adopted by concerned Univ / Instt. Please also obtain a certificate to this effect from the Univ. / Instt, which shall be required to be submitted at the time of interview.
C. Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited Graduate Trainee Job Age Limit 2012 :
As on 26.08.2012 for all posts except Drilling and Cementing :
1. Gen.- 30 Years.
2. OBC ( Non – Creamy Layer ) – 33 Years.
3. SC / ST – 35 Years.
4. PWD – 40 Years for Gen, 43 years for OBC & 45 years for SC / ST category.
For Drilling and Cementing : As on 26.08.2012,
1. Gen. – 28 Years.
2. OBC ( Non Creamy Layer ) – 31 Years.
3. SC / ST – 33 Years.
OBC, SC, ST & PWD Certificate should be in prescribed format meant for appointment to posts under the Government of India. ( Copy of the same need to be produced at the time of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited written test and interview, in case qualified in the written test ). The Caste Certificate if not issued in the prescribed format by the designated authority, candidates will not be permitted to appear in the written test / interview ONGC Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2012. Prescribed format of the caste certificate for OBC / SC / ST & PWD for appointment to posts under the Government of India can be downloaded from the ONGC Graduate Trainee Vacancy Online Application site, if required.
D. Selection Process for ONGC Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2012 :
(a) Eligible candidates will be required to appear for ONGC Written test ( Objective Type ) comprising of three sections – General Awareness, Concerned subject, and an Aptitude test ( comprising of Reading Comprehension, Verbal / Non – verbal Reasoning, Numerical Ability / Quantitative Aptitude, Data Interpretation etc ) for a total duration of 03 hours.
(b) The candidates who qualify in the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited Written Test shall be called for psychometric test and interview as per merit and criteria decided by the Management. In order to be selected, candidates, in addition to fulfilling the requisite qualification criteria, are required to qualify in the written test and thereafter again in the interview separately.
(c) The ONGC written test is tentatively scheduled on 07.10.2012. ( The exact date of the test shall be communicated to the candidates through ONGC Exam Admit Card and will also be available on ONGC website : www.ongclndia.com ).
(d) Screening and selection will be based on the details provided by the candidate, hence it is necessary that applicants should furnish only accurate, full and correct information. Furnishing of wrong / false information will be a disqualification and ONGC will not be responsible for any consequence of furnishing of such wrong / false information.
(e) ONGC departmental candidates must ensure filling their own CPF Number of ONGC in the appropriate field in the ONGC Graduate Trainee Recruitment online form 2012, failing which they shall not repeat shall not be screened / considered as departmental candidates from ONGC.
(f) Candidate shortlisted for ONGC Graduate Trainee Job Interview will be required to upload his / her scanned documents of qualifying degree on the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited Graduate Trainee Vacancy Online Application website by a cutoff date ( to be informed later ) before interview, failing which the candidate may not be interviewed.
E. ONGC Graduate Trainee Vacancy Application Form 2012 :
Eligible applicants would be required to apply Online only ( on the Internet ) through the link ‘ Apply Online ‘ on ONGC’s website : www.ongclndia.com. No other mode, repeal no other mode of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited Graduate Trainee Recruitment Application shall be accepted.
1. Before registering / submitting their ONGC Graduate Trainee Job Applications on the website the candidates should possess the following :
a) Valid E – mail ID.
b) Challan form downloaded and duly filled with the fee deposited and acknowledged by the concerned bank.
c) Scanned copies of recent passport size colour photograph of the candidate with white background ( not more than 50 KB size ), signature of the candidate ( not more than 20 KB size ) and Bank challan ( with bank seal and journal number, not more than 100 KB size ).
2. The candidate can access the ONGC Graduate Trainee Recruitment online application form at www.ongclndia.com. The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited Graduate Trainee Vacancies Online Registration site would be open from 10 : 00 hours on 04.08.2012 to 20:00 hours on 26.08.2012.
3. All correspondence with candidates shall be done through E – mail only. All information regarding Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited Examination Schedule / Admit Card / Interview Call Letters etc. shall be provided through E – mail. Responsibility of receiving, downloading and printing of admit card / call letter shall be that of the candidate. ONGC will not be responsible for any loss of E – mail sent, due to invalid / wrong E – mail ID provided by the candidate or delivery of Emails to spam / bulk mail folder etc.
4. ONGC Graduate Trainee Vacancy Online Application and Payment methodology will be available on Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited Job Online Application site.
5. General and OBC candidates are required to deposit the registration fee of 500/- and SC / ST / PWD candidates are required to deposit registration fee of 100/-. Registration fee is non – refundable. Registration Fee can be deposited at any branch of State Bank of India through challan. The fee is to be deposited in ONGC Power Jyoti A/C Number 30827318409 of SBI, Tel Bhavan, Dehradun. Payment is to be made as per the designated process only. No other mode of payment would be accepted. Applicants should not deposit fee through instruments like Demand Draft/ Banker Cheques / IPO, online transfer of money into ONGC account etc, if any applicant makes payment through any such mode fee will not be returned / refunded. Therefore applicants should pay the fee through downloaded challan form ( designated process ) only.
6. Departmental candidates from ONGC would also be required to deposit the applicable registration fee through the challan form. However, the same would be reimbursable.
F. ONGC Written Test Centers :
The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited Written Test will be conducted at the following cities :
Candidates have to choose one of these cities as Test Centre and no change will be allowed subsequently. However, ONGC reserves the right to change any of the above mentioned test cities at its discretion.
G. General Instructions :
(a) The courses offered by Institutions / Universities through the regular mode should be approved / recognized by Association of Indian Universities ( AIU ) / UGC / AICTE. And in case of distance education courses the same should be recognized by the joint committee of DEC, UGC and AICTE.
(b) Final year / semester students who are awaiting their results on or before the interviews, likely to be held in November / December 2012, may also apply for the posts.
(c) Reservation provided for PWD candidates as per the instructions on the subject.
(d) Before applying the candidate should ensure that he / she fulfils the ONGC Eligibility Criteria and other norms mentioned in the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited Graduate Trainee Recruitment Advertisement 2012.
(e) Applicants are required to apply online only. No manual / paper application will be entertained.
(f) Candidature of the registered candidate is liable to be rejected at any stage of ONGC Graduate Trainee Recruitment Process or after recruitment or joining if any information provided by the candidate is found false or is not found in conformity with eligibility criteria mentioned in the advertisement.
(g) Eligible SC / ST / PWD candidates called for ONGC Written Test will be reimbursed second class rail / bus fare by the shortest route, on production of railway ticket / number or bus ticket ( candidates opting for examination city other than the city nearest from mailing address will not be paid TA ).
(h) Requests for change of mailing address, examination centre / category / discipline as declared in the ONGC Vacancy Online Application 2012, will not be entertained. However, ONGC reserves the right to cancel or add any centre depending on the response in that area / centre.
(i) The Print out of registration slip should not be tampered with. In case of any overwriting or tampering of Registration slip, the candidature of the candidate shall be rejected.
(j) Candidates should retain the copy of their Challan and Registration Slip for future reference.
(k) Candidates are required to deposit the applicable non refundable registration fee, as indicated in payment methodology at point E – 5 above, at any branch of State Bank of India. Candidature of candidates making deposition of sub denomination fee or depositing fee through any mode other than prescribed method, will be rejected.
(I) Candidates in employment of Public Sector undertaking / Govt, service will be required to produce No Objection Certificate at the time of interview.
(m) Court of Jurisdiction for any dispute will be New Delhi.
(n) ONGC Departmental candidates will be allowed relaxation in age as per existing rules.
(o) An Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited Graduate Trainee Job Application once made will not be allowed to be withdrawn and the fee once paid will NOT be refunded on any account nor can it be held in reserve for any other examination or selection process for ONGC Graduate Trainee Vacancies 2012.
H. Note :
1. The candidates applying for the GT – 2012 examination should ensure that they fulfil all eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of admission certificate to the candidate will not imply that his / her candidature has been finally cleared by ONGC. ONGC takes up verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidate has qualified for ONGC GT Interview 2012.
2. Appointment of selected candidates will be subject to their passing the Company’s Medical Examination as per standards laid down under ONGC’s Medical & Health Policy.
3. The selected candidates are liable to be posted anywhere in India or abroad.
I. Important Dates :
|a)||Registration start Date||04.08.2012, 10 : 00 hrs.|
|b)||Last date for registration||26.08.2012, 20 : 00 hrs.|
|c)||All India Written Test ( Tentative )||07.10.2012|
Result of the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited Written Test will be declared tentatively in the first week of November.