Latest Recruitment in NTPC 2011
NTPC, India’s largest power company with an installed capacity of 33194 MW is presently operating 15 coal based, 7 gas based power stations and 6 joint ventures. NTPC contributed nearly one third of the country’s entire power generation during the year 2009-10 and plans to become a 1,28,000 M W power company by 2032. NTPC has moved ahead by diversifying its portfolio to emerge as an integrated power major with presence across the entire energy value chain.
Keeping with its pace of growth, NTPC is bolstering its Legal department with a focus on changing legal landscape.
We are looking for a high calibre individual for the position of Chief Law Officer, who will be responsible for extending legal services to all the Operational Heads, Business Units and Regions. He will also assist in evaluating joint venture proposals and in the formation of Joint Venture companies and shall also advise the management on deal structures in mergers and acquisitions.
He will also be responsible for compliance with statutory requirements under various applicable laws, liaisoning with counsels, examining legal and commercial issues of contract management and in the drafting of various agreements (including international) and preventive legal management. He will also be responsible for handling international arbitration cases. He will monitor changes in legislations, statutory rules and regulations, judicial precedence set by courts etc and advise the management on their implications.
Qualification for Chief Law Officer Jobs 2011 : Full time Degree in Law and registered with Bar Council of India. Those having Post Graduate Degree in Law with specialization in Company Law and contractual matters will have an added advantage/be preferred.
Experience Profile : Knowledge of Law relating to Contracts, Bank Guarantees, Letters of Credit, Income Tax, Labour, Service matters. Customs and excise, Land acquisition. Company Law, TP. Act, Stamp and registration and Limitation Act, Civil & Revenue matters, SEBI guidelines governing capital markets is necessary. Adequate experience in drafting of Deeds, Conveyancing and other security documents is essential.
Experience Requirement : Minimum of 21 Years post qualification experience in the executive cadre in the relevant area in a Government / Public Sector Undertaking or a private company of repute, out of which 7 years experience in the scale of pay of Rs. 43200-66000 & above (IDA pay scale effective from 01.01.2007) or equivalent scale and above if employed in PSUs / Govt, or in a senior responsible position as Head of Legal Dept. / Group / Function with comparable pay and profile if employed in private sector.
Experience of working in a Solicitor’s / Advocate firm of repute after qualifying the graduate Law degree and enrolment with the Bar Council would also be reckoned but the substantial part i.e. not less than 10 years, of the total 21 years of post qualification experience should be in the executive cadre.
No. of Post : 01 (General)
Location : Corporate Centre, New Delhi.
Upper Age Limit : 52 years.
NTPC Pay Scales (IDA Pattern) : 51300 – 73000/-
General Conditions for NTPC 2011 Recruitment :
1. Only Indian nationals are eligible to apply.
2. The qualification should be from Universities / Institutions recognized and approved in India and accepted by Bar Council of India for enrolment as advocate.
3. All Computations of age / minimum experience requirement / qualification shall be done w.r.t. the Last date of receipt of Applications as mentioned in the advertisement. The date of declaration of result / issuance of Mark sheet shall be deemed to be the date of acquiring the qualification and there shall be no relaxation on this account. Post qualification executive experience on a post / level shall be counted only from the said date onwards.
4. In order to restrict the number of candidates to be called for NTPC interview and / or screening test, if so required, the Management reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility standards / criteria. Management may also relax / lower the qualifying standards / criteria in case suitable candidates are not available.
5. Relaxation of age as per Govt, guidelines shall be applicable for XSM and candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.80 to 31.12.89. Upper age is relaxable by 5 years for candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.80 to31.12.89.
6. Depending on the requirement, the Company reserves the right to cancel / restrict / curtail / enlarge the number of National Thermal Power Corporation vacancies and NTPC recruitment process, if need so arises, without any further notice and without assigning any reason thereof.
7. While applying for any post, the applicant should ensure that he / she fulfills the eligibility and other norms mentioned above, as on the specified dates and that the particulars furnished are correct in all respects. In case it is detected at any stage of National Thermal Power Corporation recruitment that a candidate does not fulfill the eligibility norms and / or that he / she has furnished any incorrect/false information or has suppressed any material fact(s), his/her candidature will stand automatically cancelled. If any of the above shortcoming (s) is / are detected even after appointment, his / her services are liable to be terminated without any notice.
8. The mere fact that a candidate has submitted the application against the advertisement and apparently fulfilling the criteria as prescribed in the advertisement would not bestow on him/her the right to be definitely called for interview/considered further for selection process.
9. Any proceeding in respect of any matter of claim or dispute arising out of this advertisement and or an application in response thereto can be instituted only in Delhi and courts/tribunals/forums at Delhi only shall have sole and exclusive jurisdiction to try any such cause / dispute.
10. NTPC will not be responsible for any postal delay / loss in transit in submission of documents within specified time.
11. In case any ambiguity / dispute arises on account of interpretation in versions other than English, the English Version will prevail.
Application Form for NTPC Recruitment 2011 :
Interested eligible candidates who meet the eligibility criteria may send their application in the prescribed format only (format available on NTPC website : www.ntpc.co.in/jobs or http://ntpc.timesjobs.com) to the following address.
Post Bag No. 004,
NTPC Limited, Recruitment Group,
Lodhi Road Head P.O.,
New Delhi – 110 003.
The post applied for should be mentioned on the left hand corner of the envelope. Incomplete application on any count shall be rejected. Last date of receipt of NTPC application is 18.02.2011.