NLC Chennai Graduate Executive Trainee Recruitment 2014
Neyveli Lignite Corporation Limited ( NLC ), looking for young, dynamic & result oriented talents for the post of Graduate Executive Trainee for its units and facilities located in various parts of the country ( and abroad in future ) through GATE 2014.
Educational Qualification for NLC Graduate Executive Trainee Recruitment 2014 :
No. of posts
|Reserved Posts||Educational Qualification||GATE – 2014 Code|
|Mechanical||27||OBC – 7
SC – 4
ST – 1
|Degree in Engineering (or) AMIE in Mechanical||
|Electrical||21||OBC – 5
SC – 3
ST – 1
|Degree in Engineering (or) AMIE in Electrical / Electrical & Electronics||
|Degree in Engineering (or) AMIE in Electronics & Communication||
|Mining||10||OBC – 2
SC – 1
|Degree in Engineering (BE / B.Tech / B.Sc. Engineering of 4 years duration) (or) AMIE in Mining Engineering||
|Control & Instrumentation||
|OBC – 2
SC – 1
|Degree in Engineering (or) AMIE in Instrumentation / Electronics & Instrumentation / Instrumentation & Control Engineering.||
|OBC – 2
SC – 1
|Degree in Engineering (or) AMIE in Civil / Civil & Structural Engineering.||
|Degree in Engineering (or) AMIE in Computer Science/ Computer Engineering / Information Technology (or) PG Degree in Computer Applications.||
|Candidates with Degree in Electrical & Communication Engineering will have to appear for GATE – 2014 paper in EC code only although it is combined in Electrical Discipline as per NLC’s requirement. Other than the above disciplines or combination degrees are not eligible.|
|Candidates should have passed qualifying degree in the above disciplines with 60% of marks for General & OBC and 50% for SC / ST.
Final year students may also apply however they should have obtained the Engineering Degree with the prescribed percentage of marks indicated above. In case of selection, they will have to submit their final mark sheet / provisional certificate by 31st August, 2014.
NLC Graduate Executive Trainee Upper Age Limit : Should not have completed 30 years as on 01st December, 2013.
Method of NLC Graduate Executive Trainee Selection Process 2014 :
i) Eligible candidates will have to appear for GATE – 2014.
ii) Candidates will be shortlisted based on Actual GATE – 2014 Marks only ( out of 100 ) for Group Discussion / Personal Interview. The list of candidates short listed for Group Discussion / Personal Interview will be available in NLC website : www.nlcindia.com and also communicated to the candidates through email.
Compensation Package and other Benefits :
i) Selected candidates will be offered attractive compensation package, approx 6.15 Lakhs CTC per annum, ( which may be revised ) and they will be on training for a period of minimum one year ( extendable ). During the training period the GETs will be paid Basic Pay, Dearness Allowance ( presently 78.9 % of basic pay ) and Common Allowance ( 40% of basic pay ) per month. In addition to the above, they will be paid Performance Related Pay annually and entitled for superannuation benefit ( 30% of basic pay + Dearness Allowance ), free Medical treatment for self and dependents; House Building Advance; Group Insurance; etc. as per rules. Eligible residential accommodation ( unfurnished ) will be provided depending on the place of posting at nominal rent.
Place of Posting :
i) Selected candidates joining as GET in NLC are required to undergo training / work in any Unit / Area / Place situated in India and Abroad under the control of Neyveli Lignite Corporation Limited or in any Joint Venture / Associate / Subsidiary company of Neyveli Lignite Corporation Limited, to which they may be posted.
Reservations & Relaxations :
1. Reservations and relaxations for SC / ST / OBC ( non – creamy layer ) / PWD ( degree of disability 40% or above ) candidates will be as per government guidelines.
2. No Application fee will be charged from SC / ST candidates, PWD, Ex – Servicemen and Internal Candidates.
3. The Upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC / ST; 3 years for OBC ( Non – Creamy Layer ), and for PWD & Ex-Servicemen as per Govt. of India rules. Internal candidates should have minimum 2 years of remaining service. However, in all the case of relaxation, maximum age limit is 58 years as on 01st December, 2013.
4. The OBC Candidates who belong to “Creamy Layer” are not entitled for concession admissible to OBC category and such candidates have to indicate their category as General / UR. The OBC ( Non – Creamy Layer ) candidates are required to submit requisite certificate in the format prescribed by Government of India and from a Competent Authority issued in the Current
year. Further, OBC ( Non – Creamy Layer ) candidates will have to give a self-undertaking indicating that they belong to OBC ( Non Creamy Layer ) category also at the time of Interview.
5. Persons with Disabilities are required to furnish Medical Certificate in relation to their disability from Medical Board of an approved Government Hospital.
6. Category ( SC / ST / OBC / PWD ) once filled in the NLC Graduate Executive Trainee online application form will not be changed and no benefit of other category will be admissible later on. The reserved category candidates are required to submit requisite certificate in the format prescribed by Government of India and issued by the Competent Authority.
Service & Agreement Bond :
i) Selected candidates while joining the post of Graduate Executive Trainee will be required to execute a Service Agreement Bond for a total value of 1,00,000/- to serve the Corporation for a minimum period of three years after completion of training.
Important Dates for NLC Graduate Executive Trainee Recruitment 2014 :
i) GATE – 2014 : NLC Graduate Executive Trainee Online Submission of Applications ( as per notification of GATE – 2014 ) : 02nd September, 2013 to 01st October, 2013.
ii) NLC : Online Submission of NLC Recruitment applications mentioning the GATE registration number : 20th December, 2013 ( 10:00 hrs ) to 20th January, 2014 ( 17:00 hrs ).
Application Form for NLC Recruitment 2014 :
1. Candidates interested to apply for Graduate Executive Trainee post in NLC will be required to follow :
Stage 1 : Apply for GATE-2014. For detailed information on GATE – 2014, interested applicants may log on to gate.iitkgp.ac.in/gate2014 or websites of other IITs and Indian Institute of Science ( IISc ) Bangalore. Applicants need to apply online for GATE – 2014 as per the information provided on the website.
Stage 2 : On receipt of the GATE-2014 Registration Number which will be printed on the admit card, applicants are required to apply ONLINE only through NLC’s website : www.nlcindia.com. The online registration portal for NLC will be enabled from 20th December, 2013 to 20th January, 2014. No other means / mode of NLC Graduate Executive Trainee application will be accepted.
2. General & OBC Candidates are required to pay a non – refundable NLC Recruitment application fee of 300/-.
3. Mode of Payment of NLC Jobs Application Fee : Payment of application fee could be made at any State Bank of India Branches ( having core banking facility ) using the Challan Form available on the NLC Careers Application Registration Portal. The Bank Challan printed from the portal only should be used for depositing the fee for proper crediting of amount in the allocated account. On receipt of the fee the concerned branch of SBI will issue a Unique Journal Number and a Branch Code of the branch collecting the fee. This journal Number and the Branch Code are to be filled up by the candidate during online registration. In case the candidate deposits the fee in a wrong account, NLC will not be responsible. Also please note that an amount of 25/- will be paid by the candidate as Bank Charges to the collection branch of SBI in addition to the applicable NLC GET Recruitment application fee. Any further mode of payment will be updated in due course.
4. Before registering / submitting their NLC Executive Trainee applications on the website the candidates should possess the following :
a. Valid Email ID, which should remain valid for atleast next one year.
b. Scanned Copies of Recent Passport size Colour Photograph of the candidate with white background ( not more than 50kb size ), Signature of the Candidates ( not more than 20kb ) in JPEG format. Candidates are advised to use the same photo used while applying for GATE – 2014.
c. Registration Number of GATE – 2014.
d. Bank Challan
e. Facility to take Print out of the Registration slip.
5. After submitting the online NLC Graduate Executive Trainee Job application, a Registration – Cum – Application Form will be generated. Candidates are required to retain the hard copy of the Registration – Cum – Application Form and the NLC Recruitment Bank Challan for future reference and also for furnishing when called for.
6. Please ensure that the GATE Registration Number which is mentioned in the GATE Admit Card is filled up correctly. Candidate should enter the name as it appears in the GATE Admit Card.
7. In case the applicant is called for Interview, he / she should produce GATE – 2014 Admit Card, GATE – 2014 official NLC Recruitment score card, Registration – Cum – Application Form of NLC, Bank Challan and other documents indicated in the interview call letter for verification.
1. Please do not send any documents or original certificates.
2. All correspondence with candidates will be done through email. The candidate will be solely responsible for receiving, downloading and printing of interview call letters / any other information shall be of the candidate. NLC will not be responsible for any loss of email sent, due to invalid / wrong email ID provided by the candidate or delivery of Email to spam / bulk mail folder or for delay / not receipt of information if the candidate fails to access his / her mail / website in time.