MOD Ordnance Equipment Factory Fireman Recruitment 2013
Ministry of Defence,
Ordnance Equipment Factory,
Uttar Pradesh – 283 103.
MOD Ordnance Equipment Factory invites applications for the following Group ‘C’ posts from the Citizen of India, who are fulfilling the requisite Qualifications / Specifications as mentioned below on plain paper of A – 4 duly typed or neatly hand – written in the format given below.
MOD Ordnance Equipment Factory Recruitment applications should be addressed to the following address,
General Manager, Ordnance Equipment Factory, Hazratpur, Firozabad – 283 103 ( UP. ).
|Name of Post||No. of Post||Category||Qualification|
|FiremanScale of Pay
Pay Band 5,200 – 20, 200/- Plus Grade Pay 1900/-
|05||UR = 03, SC = 01, OBC = 01||Essential :
1. Tenth class pass from recognized Board / Institution.
2. Must have completed basic course on elementary Fire Fighting from a recognized Institute.
3. Must be physically fit and capable for performing strenuous duties. This requirement will be tested as under.
|Age Limit||(a) Height without shoes 165 cms.
(b) Chest ( un expanded ) 81.5 cms & expanded 85 cms.
(c) Weight 50 kgs minimum.
(a) Carrying a man ( Fireman lift of 63.5 kgs to a distance of 183 mtrs. within 96 seconds ).
(b) Clearing 2.7 mtrs wide ditch landing on both feet ( Long jumps ).
(c) Climbing 3 mtrs vertical rope using hands & feet.
Note : Concession of 2.5 cms. in height and or chest may be allowed for the candidates from hilly areas
|Age Relaxation||i. For candidates belonging to SC community = 05 years.
ii. For candidates belonging to OBC community = 03 years.
iii. Ex – serviceman – as per existing rules.
iv. Government servants – as per existing rules.
(i) The post of Fireman is not identified for PHP.
(ii) Since no post is earmarked for ST, the ST candidate, if any, will be treated as General candidate.
Scheme & syllabus for Fireman Recruitment :
1. Written test :
|Subject||Maximum Marks||Number of questions||Duration|
|General Intelligence (10th Standard) ( Objective Type )||50||50||2 hours|
|General Awareness (10th Standard) ( Objective Type )||50||50|
|General Awareness on Fire Fighting ( Objective Type )||50||50|
I. General Intelligence :
The questions will be of 10th standards and would include both verbal and non verbal type. The Test may include questions on analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgement, decision making, visual memory, discrimination observation relationship concepts, figures classification, arithmetical number series, verbal and non – verbal mathematics of 10th standard. The test will also include questions designed to test the candidate’s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship, mathematical computation and other analytical functions.
II. General Awareness :
The questions will be of 10th standard Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidates, general awareness of the environment around him and its applications to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an 10th standard educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene. General polity including Indian Constitution and Scientific Research etc. These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
III. General Awareness on Fire – Fighting
This test will include questions on knowledge of Fire – Fighting, operational use of Fire – Fighting Equipments, Life saving drills, causes of fire etc.
2. Measurement of Physical Standards Test & Endurance Test :
The number of candidates to be called for the measurement of physical standards test & endurance test on the basis of merit in the written test shall be in the ratio of 1:10 to the number of vacancies. The physical standards measurement test & endurance test are only of qualifying nature.
(a) Measurement of Physical Standards Test : ( as specified in the SRO )
(b) Endurance Test : ( as specified in the SRO ) Endurance test shall be done only for those candidates who qualify in the measurement of physical standards.
3. Final Grading will be decided based on marks obtained in written test subject to qualifying in the measurement of physical standards test & Endurance test.
Grounds for Rejection of Applications :
The MOD Ordnance Equipment Factory Fireman Recruitment application shall be summarily rejected on the following grounds :-
i) If application is received after the closing date for any reason whatsoever.
ii) If date & signature is not appended in the application form at all the prescribed places.
a. If the candidate does not put left hand thumb impression in the application form at the prescribed column of the proforma.
b. If Demand Draft / Indian Postal Order is drawn before the publication of this advertisement in the Employment News or Rozgar Samachar or is not crossed.
c. The age of the candidate exceeds the prescribed age limit on the closing date.
iii) If the essential qualification is not possessed by the candidate.
iv) If, Photograph ( self – signed ) is not pasted on the application and the signature is not partly on the photograph and partly on the application form and the same is not pasted on the Admit Card ( self signed on the front of the photograph ).
v) If copies of all supporting documents duly attested are not enclosed.
vi) If the MOD Ordnance Equipment Factory Fireman job application is not complete in any respect as per the requirement given in the advertisement,
vii) If the name of the post is not clearly subscribed / written on the top of the envelope in capital letters.
vii) Incomplete applications, or applications received without attested copies of documents, photographs, or postal order received after due date will not be entertained / considered and will be summarily rejected without any communication. Only suitable candidates would be called for examination in due course and no correspondence in this regard would be entertained.
viii) Candidates furnishing dubious experience certificate / caste certificate or any other academic certificates are liable to be disqualified for the post / terminated after appointment as the case may be. Apart from this, other suitable action may also be initiated as per the Law of Land. Hence candidates are advised not to submit dubious / bogus certificate.
Closing Date :
(a) The closing date of receipt of application will be 21st day from the date of publication of the advertisement in the Employment News / Rozgar Samachar, excluding the date of publication.
(b) For example, if the advertisement is published in the Employment News / Rozgar Samachar on 5th of the month, then the closing date will be 26th of the month. If the closing date falls on Sunday or a Holiday, then the next working day will be taken as the closing date of receipt of application.
(c) It is also clarified that if the advertisement is published in the Employment News / Rozgar Samachar dated 06.10.2012 to 11.10.2012, the date of publication of advertisement will betaken as 07.10.2012.
8. Application Fee for MOD Ordnance Equipment Factory Fireman Recruitment :
Candidates must send Exam Fees in the form of crossed Indian Postal Order of value of 50/- ( payable at GPO Firozabad ) or Demand Draft ( payable at Firozabad ) drawn on any Nationalised Bank in favour of the General Manager, Ordnance Equipment Factory, Hazratpur, Distt. Firozabad – 2831 03 . The DD / IPO must be issued after the date of this advertisement. Candidates must write their name, father’s name and date of birth on the reverse of Demand Draft. The Exam fee is not refundable. However SC / ST / XSM candidates are exempted from the fee on submission of attested copy of their SC / ST / XSM certificate.
General Instructions MOD Ordnance Equipment Factory Fireman Recruitment 2013 :
1. MOD Ordnance Equipment Factory Fireman Job Application form and documents should be submitted preferably on A-4 size paper, Name, Father’s / Husband’s Name, Address for correspondence and Nearest Railway Station must be filled in Capital Letter of English Language only. Application Forms must be filled either in English or Hindi. Those candidates who fill up the Application Form in Hindi, should write the Name and address in English Capital Letters also. No other language will be accepted.
2. Mere fulfilling the minimum prescribed qualifications will not vest any right upon the candidate for being called for the test. The factory will not entertain correspondence in this regard and interim inquiry will not be attended to.
3. Upper age limit is relaxable by 05 yrs. for SC candidates and by 03 years to OBC candidates, subject to production of OBC certificate with Non – creamy layer certificate from the Competent Authority. No such relaxation would be available for SC / ST / OBC candidates applying for UR posts / vacancies. The age relaxation will be allowed to Ex – servicemen and Government servants in accordance with the orders issued by the Government from time to time, as admissible. The age relaxation in the Upper age will be given to a candidate only if the post for his category is available.
4. Age relaxation for candidates who are already employed and have rendered minimum 03 years continuous service in Central / State / PSU’s is up to 40 years. Persons working in Central / State Government / PSU’s must apply through proper channel only, along with a certificate from their Head of Office / Establishment that neither any vigilance nor disciplinary action is pending nor contemplated against them, and that they have no objection in releasing them in case of selection. Application not accompanying with “No Objection certificate” and or received after due date will be summarily rejected without any communication.
5. MOD Ordnance Equipment Factory Fireman Vacancy application in the prescribed format duly filled in all respects along with attested copies ( By Gazetted Officer ) of all the Essential and Desirable Qualification’s certificate ( Not original ) pertaining to Academic / Professional / Technical qualifications ( Over and above the minimum prescribed qualifications), Date of Birth ( according to class 10th certificate ), Caste certificate, should be enclosed in the envelope superscribing “Application For The Post Of Fireman” to reach the General Manager, Ordnance Equipment Factory, Hazratpur Distt. Firozabad ( UP ) – 283 103 within 21 days from the date of the publication of the advertisement in the Employment News / Rozgar Samachar. Application received after 16.45 hours on the last date of receipt will not be considered and the GM / OEFHZ shall not be liable for any postal delay/damage.
6. The crucial date for determining the age limit shall be closing date of receipt of application from candidates.
7. Photographs – Candidates must affix three recent self – attested passport size photographs ( Signature partially on the photograph and partially on the application ) ( Not more than 03 months old ), 01 to be pasted on the application form at the place provided for it and other 02 ( self attested ) to be pasted on the Admit Card. Hence, total number of photographs to be submitted is 03.
8. Date of MOD Ordnance Equipment Factory Written Examination / Skill Test etc. will be directly intimated to the short listed eligible candidates at appropriate time.
9. SC / ST candidates and Ex – Servicemen shall be paid second class TA as admissible under the rules on production of Bus / Train ticket for the nearest route and attested copy of Caste / Community Certificate / Discharge certificate, provided that to and fro distance traveled is more than 30 Kms.
10. Canvassing of any kind will disqualify the candidature.
11. On appointment, Pension benefits are applicable under New Pension Scheme termed as “New Defined Contribution Pension Scheme”. Existing provision ( s ) or GPF SCHEME is not applicable.
12. It may be noted that number of the vacancy is subject to variation at the discretion of Competent authority i.e. General Manager, Ordnance Equipment Factory, Hazratpur, Distt. Firozabad, if any, depending upon the order of any Hon’ble Court / CAT in any pending case and also upon the changed circumstances at the time of actual recruitment / inclusion.
13. The services after appointment are liable to be transferred to any Ordnance Factory in India, subject to exigencies.
14. Shortlisting of Applications : The General Manager, Ordnance Equipment Factory, Hazratpur, Distt. Firozabad reserves the right to shortlist the candidates to be called for written test to a reasonable limit based on suitable criteria to be fixed by him and his decision in this respect shall be final and binding on the applicants. Applicants may, therefore, note that mere fulfilling the minimum criteria / standard for a post will not entitle them for being called for such test.
15. Caution to All Applicants : Some unscrupulous elements may approach you with the assurance of procuring appointment for you in the factory through illegal gratification. You must not fall prey to such false assurance or exploitation and must not entertain or encourage such elements in any way. It is emphasized and reassured that the selection would be done strictly on the basis of merits only in a transparent manner.