VSSC Thiruvananthapuram Recruitment 2014
Government of India,
Department of Space,
Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre,
Thiruvananthapuram – 695022,
Telephone No : 0471 – 2564292,
Website : www.vssc.gov.in.
Important Date :
|Opening Date for VSSC Thiruvananthapuram Online Registration||11th August, 2014, 10:00 Hrs|
|Closing Date for VSSC Thiruvananthapuram Online Registration||05th September, 2014, 17:00 Hrs|
|Closing Date for Receiving Application by Speed - post||12th September, 2014, 17:00 Hrs|
Recruitment in VSSC Thiruvananthapuram 2014
NAME OF POST & GRADE : TECHNICIAN - B ( 5,200 - 20,200/- + Grade Pay 2,000/- )
|Post No||Discipline||No. of posts||Reserved for||Requirements for the post|
|1251||Fitter||16||UR - 09, OBC - 06, SC - 01||1. SSLC / SSC pass ,
2. ITI / NTC / NAC in Fitter Trade
|1252||Electronic Mechanic||12||UR - 07, OBC - 04, SC - 01||1. SSLC / SSC pass
2. ITI / NTC / NAC in Electronic Mechanic Trade
|1253||Chemical Operator ( Maintenance Mechanic )||04||UR - 04||1. SSLC / SSC pass 2. ITI / NTC / NAC in Maintenance Mechanic ( Chemical Plant ) Trade.|
|1254||Chemical Operator ( Instrument Mechanic )||01||OBC - 01||1. SSLC / SSC pass
2. ITI / NTC / NAC in Instrument Mechanic ( Chemical Plant ) Trade.
|1255||Chemical Operator ( Laboratory Assistant )||01||SC - 01||1. SSLC / SSC pass
2. ITI / NTC / NAC in Laboratory Assistant ( Chemical Plant ) Trade.
|1256||Electrician||04||UR - 02, OBC - 01, SC - 01||1. SSLC / SSC pass
2. ITI / NTC / NAC in Electrician Trade
|1257||Machinist||02||OBC - 02||1. SSLC / SSC pass
2. ITI / NTC / NAC in Machinist Trade
|1258||Electroplater||01||UR - 01||1. SSLC / SSC pass,
2. ITI / NTC / NAC in Electroplater Trade
|1259||Fibre Reinforced Plastics ( FRP )||01||UR - 01||1. SSLC / SSC pass
2. ITI / NTC / NAC in any of the Trades viz. Fitter / Machinist / Turner / Moulder etc.
3. Pass in Certificate Course in FRP of one year duration
|1260||Forger & Heat Treater||01||UR - 01||1. SSLC / SSC pass
2. ITI / NTC / NAC in Forger & Heat Treater Trade
|1261||Photography||01||UR - 01||1. SSLC / SSC Pass. 2. ITI / NTC / NAC in Photographer Trade.
|1262||Turner||01||UR - 01||1. SSLC / SSC Pass. 2. ITI / NTC / NAC in Turner Trade.
|1263||Instrument Mechanic||01||OBC - 01||1. SSLC / SSC pass
2. ITI / NTC / NAC in Instrument Mechanic Trade
1. Name of Post & Grade : Draughtsman – B
Post No : 1264
Discipline : Mechanical
Vacancy : 02.
Reserved for : UR – 01, OBC – 01.
Pay Scale : 5,200 – 20,200/- + Grade Pay 2,000/-
Requirements for the post :
a. SSLC / SSC Pass.
b. ITI / NTC / NAC in Draughtsman ( Mechanical ) Trade.
2. Name of the Post & Grade : Fireman – A
Post No : 1265
No.of.Posts : 02.
Reserved for : UR – 01, OBC – 01.
Requirements for the post :
a. SSLC / SSC Pass.
b. Should satisfy the prescribed Physical Fitness / Endurance Test standards.
Abbreviations : UR – Un – reserved, OBC – Other Backward Class, SC – Scheduled Caste
Out of the above, following vacancies are reserved for PERSONS WITH DISABILITY / EX – SERVICEMEN.
Reserved for Persons with Disability :
Name of Post & Discipline
No. of posts
|1251||Technician - B ( Fitter )||Hearing Handicapped ( HH )||02|
|Visually Handicapped ( VH )||01|
|1252||Technician - B ( Electronic Mechanic )||Orthopaedically Handicapped ( OH )||02|
Reserved for Ex – Serviceman :
RESERVED FOR EX - SERVICEMEN
|Post No.||Name of Post & Discipline||No. of posts|
“Government strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply”.
Application Form :
How to Apply?
I. Upon on-line registration, applicants will be provided with an on-line Registration Number, which should be carefully preserved for future reference. After submission, it is mandatory for the applicant to send only the following documents :
II. A confirmatory copy of the VSSC Thiruvananthapuram online application. No Objection Certificate, from the employer concerned in respect of those applicants who are employed under Central / State Government / Public Sector Undertakings / Autonomous Bodies. Declaration ( only for OBC candidates. ) The applicant need not send any other documents such as copies of certificates / marklists in proof of educational qualification, work experience, age etc. The above documents should reach the following address not later than 12th September, 2014.
Online Application Form :
STEP 1 : REGISTRATION.
You would require your e-mail ID to register. You can register only once using this e-mail ID.
Click on the link “Apply Now”. Fill all the fields and click on the ‘SUBMIT’ button. On successful registration, you will receive an e-mail with following details:
From : email@example.com
Subject: Reg: Advt.No.RMT285 of VSSC RECRUITMENT
Then click on the link given in the e-mail to open your VSSC Thiruvananthapuram Recruitment 2014 online application form. Check your SPAM/BULK MAIL folders if the mail is not seen in the INBOX.
STEP 2 : APPLICATION.
Fill in all the information correctly and “SUBMIT”. On Submission, you will have an opportunity to preview and confirm. Read all the details carefully. If any change is required, Click on “GO BACK”.
To finally submit your application, click on “CONFIRM” button. On successful VSSC Thiruvananthapuram Recruitment 2014 application, your registration number will be displayed on screen and an e-mail will be sent to you. Note down your Registration Number and keep in a safe place. This would be required for checking the status of your application in future.
STEP 3: Print the APPLICATION
This step is required to send your VSSC Thiruvananthapuram Recruitment 2014 application summary by post.
Click on the “PRINT APPLICATION SUMMARY FORM” button. Take two print-outs of the form.
OBC candidates may please refer to the declaration form Declaration form to be attached along with VSSC Thiruvananthapuram Recruitment 2014 Application.
STEP 4 : SEND SUMMARY FORM BY SPEED POST
This step is mandatory to complete the VSSC Thiruvananthapuram Recruitment 2014 application procedure. Without this, your application will not be considered.
Send one copy affixed with your latest photograph together with attested copy of SC / ST / OBC certificates ( if applicable ) by Speed post to the address mentioned below super scribed in the cover “Registration no, Advertisement No. VSSC – 285, Dated 11th August, 2014″ to the following address : Senior Administrative Officer, Recruitment & Review Section, Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre, ISRO Post, ATF Area, Thiruvananthapuram – 695 022.
Application Last Date :
VSSC Thiruvananthapuram Recruitment 2014 Applications will be received on-line only and all further communications will be made to the applicants through e-mail / VSSC website only. Therefore, the applicants are advised to check their e-mail and visit the VSSC website from time to time The application format for on-line registration is available in the website : www.vssc.gov.in from 1000 hours on 11th August, 2014 to 1700 hours on 05th September, 2014.
Endurance Test Standards :
1. Out of the eight events shown below, candidates should select and qualify in atleast five.
For candidates of age
|Below 40 years||40 years & above|
|1||100 metres run||13 seconds||14 seconds|
|2||High Jump||5 feet ( 152.40 cm )||4 feet 6 in ( 137.16 cm )|
|3||Long Jump||17 feet ( 5.19 metres )||15 feet ( 4.57 metres )|
|4||Putting the shot of 7.27 kg ( 16 lbds )||24 feet ( 7.32 metres )||20 feet ( 6.10 metres )|
|5||Throwing the Cricket ball||225 feet ( 68.58 metres )||200 feet ( 60.96 metres )|
|6||Rope climbing ( only hands )||14 feet ( 4.27 metres )||12 feet ( 3.66 metres )|
|7||Pull - ups||10 Nos.||08 Nos.|
|8||1500 metres run||5 minutes 15 seconds||5 minutes 45 seconds|
2. Pay and Allowances : Approximate salary per month at the minimum of the Grade as on date is as follows :
Name of Post
Approximate Minimum Salary
|1251 to 1264||Technician - B & Draughtsman - B||Rs. 16900|
|1265||Fireman - A||Rs. 15400|
3. For technical posts the Organisation has a progressive HRD policy and provides an excellent growth potential for the right individual through its periodical merit based performance review system ( called Merit Promotion Scheme ) de-linked from availability of higher post, by which the staff can be evaluated for the advancement of their career in the Organisation.
4. The Organisation provides medical facilities ( Contributory Health Service Scheme ) for self and dependants, free transport facilities / transport allowance, subsidised canteen facilities, housing accommodation subject to availability, in addition to the facilities available to the other Central Government Staff. The Centre has a well – maintained Central School and a well-stocked Library that provides an excellent opportunity for professional development.
5. At present the place of posting is VSSC, Thiruvananthapuram, but the selected candidates are liable to be posted in any of the Units of the Indian Space Research Organisation / Department of Space situated anywhere in India as and when required. will have to produce proof of the details furnished in their applications submitted on-line as and when required.
General Conditions :
(i) The posts are temporary, but likely to continue. Those who possess the required Qualification as on the last date of VSSC Thiruvananthapuram Recruitment 2014 Application only need Apply. Age limit ( as on 05th September, 2014 ) :
(ii) Maximum age limit for UR Category is 35 years ( Post Nos.1251 to 1253, 1256,1258 to 1262 & 1264 ), for OBC category – 38 years ( Post Nos. 1251,1252,1254,1256,1257,1263 & 1264 ) and for SC category – 40 years ( Post Nos. 1251,1252,1255 & 1256 ). For Post No.1265 maximum age limit is 25 years ( UR Category ) & 28 years ( OBC category ). Ex – Servicemen, Persons With Disability ( PWD ), Widows, Divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands and who are not remarried are eligible for age relaxation as per Government of India orders. Minimum age limit is 18 years.
(iii) The prescribed Physical Fitness / Endurance Test standards for post No. 1265 is as follows ;
Physical Fitness Standards :
- No deformity ( inter-alia, bow legs, knock knees or flat foot shall be a disqualification )
- Height – 165 cm ( minimum )
- Weight – 50 kg ( minimum )
- Chest – 81 cm ( minimum )
- Chest on expansion – 86 cm
- Distant Vision – 6 / 6 without glasses or any other aid
- Near Vision – Normal but for presbyopic correction for persons above 40 years.
- Night blindness is a disqualification.
- Colour blindness is a disqualification.
- Each eye must have full field of vision.
- Squint or any other morbid condition of the eyes, or of the eyelids of either eye liable to the risk of aggravation or recurrence, shall be deemed to be a disqualification.