ISRO Satish Dhawan Space Centre SHAR Recruitment 2013
Government of India,
Department of Space,
Indian Space Research Organisation,
Satish Dhawan Space Centre SHAR,
Sriharikota – 524 124,
SPSR Nellore District,
Weather prediction on short time scales of 1 to 3 days is of great importance for the Satellite Launch Programmes of ISRO. To achieve this, Indian Space Research Organisation has initiated a project, namely, PRWONAM ( Prediction of Regional Weather with Observational Meso – Network and Atmospheric Modeling ).
It is proposed to encourage young scientists to participate in this research programme on atmospheric modeling. Meteorology Facility at SDSC SHAR, Sriharikota is having well established observations and has been identified as the lead centre. The following facilities play a key role in this programme.
(i) Surface Observatory :
Conventional weather observatory, Auto weather station Net – Work, Field Mill net – work, Doppler Weather Radar Station, Satellite data and cloud imageries receiving station.
(ii) Surface Boundary Layer Observatory :
100m MET Tower with wind speed and Direction Sensors at seven leveis / AWS network and 15 meter Mini Boundary Layer Mast & round the clock data acquisition system.
(iii) Upper air observatory :
RAWIN Ballon ascents to estimate wind profile up to about 42 km altitude, GPS – RS ground receiver system to estimate wind speed, direction, pressure, temperature & RH profiles.
(iv) Database & Computational facilities :
Good amount of data base is available from the above said observatories. high speed computing facility and MET Server are available to carryout research activities using available data.
(v) Atmospheric Modeling :
High Speed Cluster Computer to carry out atmospheric modeling activities.
SDSC SHAR invite applications for Junior Research Fellow :
|Post No.||Name of the Post||No. of Posts||Educational Qualifications|
|01||Junior Research Fellow ( JRF ) leading to Ph.D Fellowship amount : For 1st & 2nd year 16, 000/- p.m., ( Conssolidated ) & for the subsequent years 18, 000/- p.m ( Consolidated ).||02||First Class M.sc in Meteorology with 65 % marks and above. ( Aggregate of all semesters / years ). ( or ) First Class M. Tech in Atmospheric Science ( with M.Sc, physics ) with 60 % marks and above ( Aggregate of all semesters / years ).
Candidates doing research in atmospheric modeling with the above qualification may also apply.
1. The number of ISRO SHAR vacancies indicated above are provisional and may be increased or decreased depending on the actual requirement of the Organisation,.
2. Government strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
I. Age Limit for ISRO SHAR Recruitment 2013 :
18 – 30 years as on 15.03.2013. ( Relaxable by 5 years in case of SC / ST candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates. Persons with Disabilities ( PWD ) are eligible for age relaxation as per Government of India Orders ).
II. Duration :
Junior Research Fellows will be engaged initially for one year and their term shall be extended based on need and assessment of their work and requirement of project. The maximum period of engagement of Junior Research Fellow shall not exceed four years.
III. Selection Process for ISRO SHAR Vacancy 2013 :
Mere fulfillment of essential qualifications do not vest any right In a candidate for being called for ISRO SHAR interview 2013. Applications received against the ISRO SHAR Recruitment 2013 advertisement will be shortlisted, if found necessary, and SDSC SHAR reserves the right not to fill up any of the positions, if it so decides.
IV. General Conditions / Instructions for ISRO SHAR Recruitment 2013 :
1. Only Indian Nationals need to apply.
2. The candidates who are ISRO SHAR interviewed shall be paid to and fro second class railway fare by the shortest route or normal bus fare, on production of proof of journey such as the Railway ticket numbers or Bus tickets etc. Sleeper class fare will be paid subject to production of Railway Ticket copies only.
3. Candidates working in Government / Public Undertaking / Quasi – Government / Autonomous Organisation should ensure that their applications are sent through proper channel. In case, they anticipate any delay in forwarding their ISRO SHAR Recruitment 2013 applications, they may submit advance copies of their ISRO SHAR Vacancy 2013 applications before the due date. However, they should produce at the time of attending the ISRO SHAR interview, either a ” No Objection Certificate ” from their respective organisation in original, or an attested copy of the communication under which their applications have been forwarded to SDSC SHAR for consideration.
4. The Junior Research Fellows recruited will not confer any claim or right for regular employment in SDSC SHAR or any other Centre / Unit of Indian Space Research Organisation / Department of Space.
5. At present, the place of posting is Satish Dhawan Space Centre SHAR, ISRO, Sriharikota, but the selected candidate is liable to be posted in any of the Centres / Units of the Indian Space Research Organisation / Department of Space situated in India as and when required.
6. Candidates should enclose attested true copies of the relevant certificates / testimonials as proof of age, educational qualification, caste, experience etc., along with the ISRO SHAR Recruitment 2013 application. A recent passport size photograph has to be pasted at the space provided in the ISRO SHAR Vacancy 2013 application.
7. Candidates will have to produce proof of the details furnished in their ISRO SHAR Recruitment 2013 applications as and when required.
8. No interim correspondence will be entertained with the candidates, who are not screened in for ISRO SHAR interview / appointment.
9. Leave, accommodation, transportation and medical facilities shall be provided as per rules.
10. Applications should be submitted on plain paper with full details ( to be neatly handwritten or typed ) In A4 size paper ( 210 x 297 mm ), as per the prescribed format.
11. ISRO SHAR Recruitment 2013 Applications fully completed along with enclosures should reach the following address on or before 15.03.2013. Filled in applications should be sent by Ordinary Post only.
Satish Dhawan Space Centre SHAR,
Sriharikota – 524 124,
Sri Potti Sriramulu Nellore District,
( All the enclosures should be properiy tagged / stapled ).
12. The ISRO SHAR Recruitment 2013 applications should be sent in a cover superscribed ” Application for the Post of Junior Research Fellow leading to Ph.D. Post No.01.
13. ISRO SHAR Job Applications received without the requisite information asked for in the prescribed format / without signature / without photograph pasted at the appropriate place / without attested true copies of all certificates in support of their claim for Educational qualifications, mark sheets, experience, age & category ( SC / ST / OBC / PWD etc., ) and applications received after the due date will not be considered. Incomplete ISRO SHAR Recruitment 2013 applications will be out – rightly rejected.
14. Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.