IOCL Assistant Officers / Engineers Recruitment 2013 Through GATE
IndianOil Offers Unique Opportunity to 250 Graduate Engineers to Join as Assistant Officers / Assistant Engineers on the basis of GATE-2013 score.
We are looking for energetic and dedicated Graduate Engineers (Indian nationals only) from the following engineering disciplines for recruitment as Assistant Officers / Assistant Engineers :
- Civil Engineering (excluding Construction / Environmental / Transportation Engineering)
- Chemical Engineering (including Petrochemicals / Polymer Engineering but excluding Oil / Paint Technology / Surfactant Technology / Ceramics Engineering)
- Electrical Engineering (including Electrical & Electronics engineering but excluding Electrical & Communication / Telecommunication engineering)
- Instrumentation Engineering (Including Electronics & Instrumentation engineering but excluding Electronics & Communication engineering / Telecommunication engineering)
- Mechanical Engineering (excluding Automation / Automobile / Production / Manufacturing / Industrial Engineering)
- Metallurgical Engineering
Note : above mentioned inclusions / exclusions are indicative and not descriptive. The Indian Oil Corporation Recruitment 2013 reserves the right to take a final decision for considering / not considering a programme beyond the core Engineers / Technology disciplines mentioned above.
Nature of Job in IOCL 2013 :
IOCL Assistant officers / Assistant Engineers are newly introduced positions in IndianOil. They will be recruited as regular executives in the Corporation. Postings will predominantly be to manage day to day operations in the divisions. The positions will be mostly in marketing operations at Terminals / Depots / LPG Bottling Plants / Aviation Fuelling Stations (AFS) and pipelines projects etc. Selected candidates may be posted / transferred to any Division / Unit / Subsidiary Company / Office of the Corporation.
Candidates selected as IOCL Assistant Officers / Assistant Engineers will receive a starting basic pay of 20,600/- per month. In addition, the selected candidates will receive Dearness Allowance (DA) and other allowances, according to the rules of the Corporation in force, as amended from time to time.
Other allowances / benefits include HRA / subsidized housing accommodation (depending upon place of posting), medical facilities, performance related pay, gratuity, contributory provident fund, employees pension scheme, group personal accident insurance scheme, leave encashment, leave travel concession (LTC) / LFA, contributory superannuation benefit fund scheme, conveyance advance / maintenance reimbursement, performance related incentives (PRP) etc.
The Cost-to-Company (CTC), will be about 7.00 lakhs per annum inclusive of performance related pay (PRP). The actual CTC will vary depending on place of posting and also performance ratings.
IOCL Assistant Officers / Engineers Educational Qualification / Age and Other Eligibility Criteria :
The eligibility criteria regarding prescribed educational qualification, age and other eligibility criteria and iocl application procedure is mentioned below :
Educational Qualification for IOCL Assistant Officers / Engineers Recruitment 2013 :
Minimum educational qualification for employment as IOCL Assistant Officers / Assistant Engineers is :
1. Candidates should have passed qualifying degree examinations and awarded Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Technology (BE / B.Tech or equivalent) in the above mentioned disciplines (full time regular courses only) from recognized Indian Universities / Institutes.
2. Candidates, belonging to General and OBC (non-creamy layer) categories, should have secured minimum 65% marks in qualifying degree examinations. It is relaxed to ‘pass’ for Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST) / People With Disability (PWD) candidates.
3. Candidates, who have completed their Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology or will complete the same by September, 2013 are eligible to apply.
4. Candidates pursuing / completed M.Tech in any disciplines, other than mentioned above, for being eligible, must have completed (or are completing) BE / B.Tech in one of the above mentioned disciplines and already taken GATE-2013 examination in the discipline of their B.Tech are eligible to apply.
For example, if a candidate has completed (or is pursuing) his M.Tech in Power Systems and if he has done his B. Tech in Electrical Engineering (which is one of the core disciplines advertised by IndianOil), he will be eligible, only if he appeared in GATE-2013 examination in Electrical Engineering and has a valid score in GATE-2013. On the contrary, if the same candidate had done his BE/B.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering, he will not be eligible.
Age Limit for IOCL Assistant Officers / Assistant Engineers Recruitment 2013 :
Maximum 26 years as on 30th June, 2013 for the general category candidates. Age relaxation for OBC (Non Creamy Layer) / SC / ST / PWD candidates will be applicable as per the Presidential Directive.
Concessions / Relaxations :
1. Reservation of posts for SC / ST / OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) / PWD (degree of disability 40% or above) will be maintained as per Government of India directives.
2. Maximum relaxation of 3 years to OBC (non-creamy layer), 5 years to SC / ST and 10 years to PWD candidates will be extended as per the Presidential Directive. For getting the reservation benefits under OBC category :
- The name of caste and community of the candidate must appear in the ‘Central list of other Backward Classes’.
- The candidates must not belong to creamy layer.
- The candidates need to furnish their OBC certificate as per the format prescribed by Government of India and it must not be more that 6 months old.
3. Age relaxation by 5 years for candidates domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir between 1.1.1980 and 31.12.1989.
4. Age relaxation by 5 years for Ex-servicemen & Commissioned Officers (including ECOs / SSCOs) subject to rendering minimum 5 years military service and fulfillment of other conditions prescribed by Government of India.
5. Minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying degree examination is relaxed to ‘pass class’ for SC / ST / PWD category candidates.
Physical Fitness :
Desirous candidates seeking employment with IndianOil needs to be medically fit as per IndianOil’s pre-employment medical standard. Candidates are advised to go through the ‘Guidelines and Criteria for Physical Fitness for Pre-employment medical Examination’ before they commence the IOCL Assistant Officers / Engineers Application Process 2013. The guidelines are available in the following link :
IOCL Assistant Officers / Engineers Selection Process 2013 :
The IOCL selection methodology will comprise of the following :
1. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineers (GATE) 2013 score of the candidates in the advertise core disciplines. The graduate engineers from the relevant disciplines, desirous of applying for the positions of IOCL Assistant Officers / Assistant Engineers in IndianOil must have appeared in GATE-2013 in the same disciplines and posses a valid GATE-2013 score.
2. Only GATE-2013 score is valid for IOCL 2013 recruitment exercise in IndianOil under this advertisement. GATE score of 2012 or scores from any previous GATE examination is not valid.
3. Those who had applied for the position of Officers / Engineers through GATE-2013 examination against our previous advertisement published in September – 2012 and finally not selected as Offices / Engineers, shall be required to apply afresh. Such candidates will not be considered automatically for the position of IOCL Assistant Officers / Assistant Engineers. Their previous application shall be considered null and void for the positions of IOCL Assistant Officers / Assistant Engineers.
4. The disciplines and corresponding GATE papers along with GATE paper codes are given below :
|Engineering discipline advertised by IndianOil||Corresponding GATE-2013 paper||Corresponding GATE-2013 paper code|
(excluding Construction / Environmental / Transportation engineering)
( including Petrochemicals / Polymer engineering but excluding Oil / Paint / Surfactant technology / Ceramics Engineering )
( including Electrical & Electronics engineering but excluding Electrical & Communication / Telecommunication engineering)
( Including Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering but excluding Electronics & Communication Engineering / Telecom. Engineering )
( excluding Automation / Automobile / Production / Manufacturing / Industrial )
|Metallurgical Engineering||Metallurgical Engineering||MT|
5. On the basis of GATE-2013 score (obtained out of 100), the candidates will be short listed for further selection process comprising of :
- Group Discussion / Group Task
- Personal Interview for assessment of different facets of knowledge, skill, attitude and aptitude.
6. Candidates will have to qualify through each stage of iocl selection process successfully before being adjudged as suitable for selection.
Service Bond :
General category candidates will have to execute a bond of 2,00,000 ( 35000/- for SC / ST / OBC & PWD candidates) to serve the Corporation for a minimum period of three years from the date of joining.
How to apply for IOCL Assistant Officers / Engineers Recruitment 2013 :
1. Candidates must have a valid GATE-2013 Registration Number and Valid Score from GATE-2013 examination.
2. Applications from eligible candidates shall be received ONLINE. Relevant link for registering iocl online application is available on the IndianOil’s website www.iocl.com.
3. Candidates should click on the iocl online application link, read the instructions carefully and fill-in the iocl online application form giving accurate information including the GATE-2013 registration number.
4. Candidates must enter the same name in the same configuration as it is appearing in GATE-2013 admit card / score card. (For example, if a candidate has registered as Ravi Kumar Singh for GATE – 2013, he must enter Ravi Kumar Singh (exactly same spelling) while applying to IndianOil ONLINE. He must not enter R K Singh or Ravi K Singh while applying to IndianOil). The candidates must fill-in the other information boxes correctly and ‘tick’ the appropriate box, wherever applicable.
5. Upon completion, the candidate should submit the iocl online application by clicking the Submit button at the bottom of the page. If the same is accepted, the system will generate a unique application ID along with the completed application form for IOCL Assistant Officers / Engineers Recruitment 2013.
6. We once again reiterate that those who applied for the position of IOCL Officers / Engineers through GATE-2013 examination against our previous advertisement published in September – 2012 and finally was not selected as Officer / Engineer, shall be required to apply afresh. Such candidates will not be considered automatically for the position of IOCL Assistant Officer / Assistant Engineer. IOCL IDs generated during the previous application process for Officers / Engineers will not be valid for iocl recruitment of Assistant Officers / Assistant Engineers. An IOCL ID from a new series will be generated after successful completion of iocl online application for the post of Assistant Officers / Assistant Engineers.
7. Candidate should take a print out of completed application, affix his / her recent passport size photograph, put his / her signature at the space provided and keep with him / her safely for future reference.
8. The passport size photograph affixed by the candidate should, as far as possible, be the same submitted along with GATE-2013 application form and admit card. If the candidate is called for GD/GT and interview, his / her identity would be verified with GATE-2013 admit card and GATE-2013 official score card.
9. 21st September, 2013 is the last date for receiving the iocl online application 2013.