Recruitment for Junior Engineering Assistant in IOCL Gujarat Refinery 2014
Indian Oil Corporation Ltd,
J B Tito Marg,
New Delhi – 110049
Phone No : 011 – 26260000,
Website : www.iocl.com.
Important Date :
|Date of Opening of IOCL Online Application :||15th November, 2014|
|Last Date of Submission of IOCL Online Application :||10th December, 2014|
|Last Date of Receipt of Printout of IOCL Online Application from along with Supporting Documents||20th December, 2014|
Gujarat Refinery, the flagship refinery of Indian Oil invites applications from bright, energetic and result oriented candidates of Indian Nationality for the following positions in the regular Scale of Pay 11,900 – 32,000.
Pay Scale ( in )
No. of vacancies
Category wise Likely Reservation
|1||Junior Engg Assistant - IV||( Production )||11,900 - 32,000||60||05||11||15||29|
|2.||Junior Engineering Assistant - IV||( Fire & Safety )||11,900 - 32,000||02||-||-||01||01|
|3||Junior Engineering Assistant - IV *||-||11,900 - 32,000||03#||-||-||-||-|
|4||Junior Engineering Assistant - IV||( TPS )||11,900 - 32,000||20||01||03||08||08|
|5.||Junior Engineering Assistant - IV||( Mechanical - P & C )||11,900 - 32,000||09||-||01||06||02|
|6.||Junior Engineering Assistant - IV||( Instrumentation )||11,900 - 32,000||06||-||-||01||05|
* Persons With Disability ( only Orthopedically Handicapped and Hearing Handicapped ) can also apply for this post.
# OH / HH persons selected against PWD quota will be placed in the appropriate category i.e. SC / ST / OBC.
1. The indicated number of vacancies may either increase or decrease at the discretion of management.
2. Candidates possessing professional qualifications such as BE / B. Tech. / B.Sc.( Engineering ) / MBA or similar professional qualification applicable in IOCL for recruitment in induction level post of Engineer / Officer in Grade ‘A’ shall NOT be considered as eligible.
3. Candidates with Two Years Diploma / Sandwich Diploma Course / Qualification acquired through Distance Learning Mode or Part Time Mode shall not be considered.
4. Reservation of vacancies for Ex-servicemen candidates as per Govt. Directives issued from time to time.
Essential Qualification & Experience
|01||Jr.Engineering Assistant IV ( Production )||Qualification||3 Year Diploma in Chemical / Refinery and Petrochemical Engg. OR B.Sc. ( Math, Physics, Chemistry or Industrial Chemistry ) from a recognized Institute / University.|
|Experience||Minimum One year of post qualification experience in operation ( rotating shift ) of Pump House, Fired Heater, Compressor, Distillation Column, Reactor, Heat Exchanger etc. in a Petroleum Refinery, Petrochemicals / Fertilizer / Heavy Chemical / Gas Processing Industry.|
|02||Jr. Engineering Assistant - IV ( Fire & Safety )||Qualification||Matric plus Sub-Officers’ Course from NFSC – Nagpur or from other recognized Institute with Heavy Vehicle Driving License.|
|Physical Standards ( Minimum )||Height - 165 CM , Weight - 50 Kg., Chest : Normal – 81 CM, Expanded – 86.5 CM, Eye sight normal without glasses, colour vision Normal, Free from any vertigo problem, disease of Heart, Lungs, Kidney and abnormal blood pressure, free from knock knee, flat feet, Squint eye and stammering.|
|Experience||Minimum One year of post qualification experience of working in Fire and Safety set up of handling fire fighting equipments, fire water net works, related communication systems, emergency handling, fire fighting, operation of fire tenders, pump house etc. in a Petroleum / Petrochemicals / Chemical / Fertilizer / Gas Processing / Large Industrial Units.|
|03||Jr. Quality Control Analyst - IV *||Qualification||B.Sc. with Chemistry with minimum 60% marks in aggregate ( Gen / OBC ) & 55% marks in aggregate for SC / ST / PWD. OR M.Sc. ( Chemistry ) with minimum 55% ( Gen / OBC ) and 50% ( SC / ST / PWD ) marks in aggregate from a recognized Institute / University.|
|Experience||Minimum One year of post qualification experience in handling state of the art instruments viz. HPLC, XRF, WDXRF, GC, ICAP, AAS, Auto Analysers D - 86 / 1160 and Flash points etc. in Petroleum / Petrochemicals / Gas Cracker / Large Industrial units|
|04||Jr. Engineering Assistant - IV ( TPS )||Qualification||3 Year Diploma in Mechanical OR Electrical Engg. from a recognized Institute / University with Boiler Competency Certificate ( with Proficiency as may be applicable to the State of Gujarat ).|
|Experience||Minimum One year of post qualification experience ( after diploma ) in operation / maintenance of Industrial Boiler / HRSG / Thermal Power Station ( DM Plant / RO Plant / Air Compressors / Steam Turbines / Gas Turbines / Cooling Tower ) in a Petroleum Refinery / Petrochemicals / Large Industrial units.|
|Note :||Candidates with B.Sc. ( PCM ) who have successfully completed Apprenticeship Training for 3 years in Boiler Attendant Trade under Apprenticeship Act are also eligible.|
|05||Jr. Engineering Assistant - IV ( Mechanical - P & C )||Qualification||3 Year Diploma in Mechanical Engg. from a recognized Institute / University OR Matric with ITI in Fitter Trade.|
|Experience||Minimum One year of post qualification experience for Diploma holders and Two years for candidates with ITI post qualification experience of working in Installation, Maintenance of Pumps, Compressors, Turbines, Columns, Valves, Boilers, Rotary etc. in a Petroleum Refinery / Petrochemicals / Large Industrial units.|
|06||Jr. Engineering Assistant - IV ( Instrumentation )||Qualification||3 Year Diploma in Instrumentation / Instrumentation and Electronics / Instrumentation Control from a recognized Institute / University.|
|Experience||Minimum One year of post qualification experience in Maintenance of modern instrumentation control systems like DCS, PLC with electronic field instrumentation, Control valve, Smart positioners, loop configuration, online analysers condition monitoring in a modern Chemical / Petroleum / Petrochemicals / Fertilizer / Power Plants / Oil and Natural Gas exploration companies / Large Industrial units.|
Age Limit :
1. Minimum 18 years and maximum 26 years, as on 01st December, 2014. Relaxation in age by 5 years for SC / ST candidates, 3 years for OBC candidates and 10 years for Persons with Disability ( only for the post code no. 03 ). Age relaxation for Ex – servicemen as per Government Directives.
2. ( Age relaxation to the extent of experience notified will be given to the candidates ( of all categories ), in addition to age relaxation otherwise applicable. In respect of those who have duly completed apprenticeship training, however, age relaxation shall be to the extent of the number of years of apprenticeship completed )
Concessions and Relaxations :
a) The prescribed qualification ( Full Time ) from recognized Indian University / Institute / Board as a regular course with 60% marks in aggregate ( Gen / OBC ) and 55% in aggregate ( SC / ST ).
b) Candidates belonging to Reserved Category applying against ‘un-reserved’ vacancies shall not be given any relaxations otherwise applicable to such categories.
c) SC / ST / PWD candidates appearing for Written Test / Personal Interview will be reimbursed secondclass rail / bus fare from the nearest railway station of the Correspondence Address as mentioned in the Application Form to the place of Written Test / Personal Interview and back by the shortest route subject to production of documentary evidence of rail tickets / bus tickets provided the distance is not less than 30 Kms.
d) SC / ST / Ex-Servicemen / PWD candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
Selection Process :
a) The candidates prima facie meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria with regard to qualification, age and experience requirement as per the details submitted by them in their on-line application form and documents submitted along with the Application Form will undergo Written Test.
b) Candidates shortlisted on the basis of their performance in the Written Test shall be subjected to Personal Interview.
c) Candidates who have been short-listed on the basis of their performance in the Written Test for Jr. Engineering Assistant – IV ( Fire & Safety ) ( Post Code 02 ) will have to first successfully meet the Minimum Physical Standards in order to qualify for Driving Test and Physical Endurance Test. Only those candidates who qualify in these two tests shall be prima facie eligible for Personal Interview.
d) Candidates will have to qualify at each stage of the selection process successfully and preemployment medical fitness for being adjudged suitable for final selection.
Perquisites / Other Benefits :
Besides Basic Pay and industrial pattern of DA, the other allowances / benefits include HRA / subsidized housing accommodation ( as per availability ), Medical Facilities, Productivity / Performance Linked Incentive, Gratuity, Contributory Provident Fund, Employees Pension Scheme, Group Savings Linked Insurance, Leave Encashment, Leave Travel Concession / LFA, Contributory Superannuation Benefit Fund Scheme, House Building Advance, Conveyance Advance, Children’s Education Allowance etc., as per rules.
Application Form :
Requirement before filling on-line application form :
a) The candidate must have an active e-mail ID, which must be valid for one year, as all future communications with candidate will take place through e-mail.
b) Candidates belonging to General and OBC category are required to submit the details of Crossed Demand Draft of 150 ( Non – refundable ) in favor of ‘ACCOUNTS OFFICER, GUJARAT REFINERY’, payable at Vadodara, towards the payment of Application Fee. No other mode of payment shall be accepted. ( SC / ST / Ex-Servicemen / PWD candidates are exempted from payment of Application Fee ).
c) The candidate should have the relevant documents / certificates pertaining to age / qualification, caste, experience, demand draft ( if required ) etc. ready before applying on-line.
d) The candidate should ascertain the correctness of the information being provided in ‘Online Application’ before final submission of the on-line application form. The candidate shall be wholly responsible for the information so provided in the on-line application form.
How to Apply ?
1. Candidates meeting the above prescribed eligibility criteria in all respect, may visit our website www.gujaratrefinery.in and apply on-line from 15th November 2014 to 10th December 2014.
2. After successfully applying / registering on – line application, the candidate must take a print out of the filled in online application form, affix his / her recent passport sized photograph, put his / her signature in the space provided for the purpose.
3. Print-out of the online Application Form alongwith attested copies of the following documents are required to be submitted through Ordinary Post Only to Chief Human Resource Manager, Gujarat Refinery, Indian Oil Corporation Ltd., PO : Jawaharnagar, Dist: Vadodara – 391 320, latest by 20th December, 2014 by 05:30 p.m. :
- Proof of Date of Birth ( Birth Certificate / High School Certificate issued by state / central board as age proof. )
- Photo Identity Proof ( Driving License / Voter Id / PAN Card / Adhaar Card / Passport )
- Mark-sheets of all years / semester starting from 10th Standard ( Boards ),
- Caste Certificate / Disability Certificate ( PWD ) / Discharge Certificate ( XSM ) ( wherever applicable ),
- Proof of requisite post qualification experience as stipulated above. Experience may be supported with experience certificate or appointment letter and last salary slip / latest salary slip or release order etc. issued by the employer.
- Relevant Apprenticeship Documents ( Certificate of passing of All India Trade Test conducted by National Council for Vocational Training ( NCVT ) or Certificate of Proficiency issued by BOPT / BOAT ) and
- Crossed Demand Draft towards Application Fee ( applicable for GEN & OBC candidates – for details refer point no. 9 above ).
4. Candidates should super scribe the Name of Post Applied for & Post Code, on the top of the envelope.
5. The last date of receipt duly completed printout of Online Application Form along with required documents is 20th December 2014.
6. Only online mode of applications will be accepted. Application received in any other format apart from the printout of the online application form will be rejected.
7. Incomplete on-line applications, on-line applications received after the due date or multiple application forms for more than one post will be rejected.
8. Candidates who are shortlisted for Personal Interview after the Written Test shall be required to carry copies of certificates pertaining to age, qualification, caste, experience etc. in support of the information provided in the on-line application form along with original certificates at the time of Personal Interview for physical verification.
9. The exact date, place and time of the Written Test and Personal Interview will be intimated to the eligible candidates separately.
10. For clarification / queries, if any, candidates may refer to FAQ available on the website or may send queries to the following e-mail id : email@example.com.
Please appreciate that only such queries would be replied to which are relevant and have not been addressed in the above advertisement. Also, applicants are requested not to send any query which is not connected with the vacancies advertised herein.
General Instructions :
1. Candidates are advised to carefully read the full advertisement for details of educational qualification and other eligibility criteria before submission of on-line application.
2. Candidates who are registered with Local Employment Exchange (s) / District Sainik Resettlement Board / Vocational Rehabilitation Centre for Persons With Disabilities (PWD) and meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria, whose names are sponsored to Gujarat Refinery against this notification are advised to apply Online, failing which their candidature will not be considered.
3. Experience should be post-qualification only. Company Training period shall not be counted towards experience. However, the period of apprenticeship training in respect of candidates who have successfully completed Apprenticeship training under Apprentices Act, 1961 / Apprentices ( Amendment ) Act, 1973 in the relevant trade / discipline ( except Fire & Safety ) in any of IOCL Refineries or Industries as specified above in the Essential Qualification & Experience criteria for the relevant post shall be considered as experience. The candidature of only those candidates who have successfully completed Apprenticeship Training and have passed the All India Trade Test conducted by National Council for Vocational Training ( NCVT ) or Certificate of Proficiency issued by BOPT / BOAT shall be considered. Age relaxation equivalent to the period of Apprenticeship training shall be given to Apprentices. However, no additional age relaxation will be allowed.
4. The cut – off date for reckoning educational qualification, experience, age etc. shall be 01st December, 2014.
5. Wherever CGPA / OGPA or Letter Grade is awarded in the Diploma / Degree examination, its equivalent percentage of marks and class / division must be indicated in the application form as per the norms adopted by University / Institute.
6. Caste certificate to be produced by reserved category candidates in the proforma prescribed by the Govt. and issued by Competent Authority only.
7. For claiming the benefit of OBC category, the candidate should submit latest caste certificate as per the proforma prescribed by Govt. of India, which would, among others, specifically mention that the candidate does not belong to the persons / sections ( creamy layer ) as mentioned in column 3 of the schedule to the Department of Personnel and Training in the Government of India OM No. 36012/22/93-Estt. (SCT) dated 8.9.1993 and revised guidelines issued from time to time. Candidates belonging to OBC Category but falling in creamy layer are not entitled to OBC reservation benefits.
Accordingly such candidates may choose to apply under “Unreserved” category for the positions provided they meet the age criteria applicable to unreserved candidates and indicate their category as “UR”. Ours being a Govt. of India, Public Sector Undertaking, only those community that are mentioned in the common / Central list of OBC prepared by Central Govt. shall be treated as OBC for the purpose of reservation.
8. Candidates employed in Govt. Dept’ / PSUs / Autonomous bodies should first apply through Online Application system and forward / submit the printout of the Application Form with necessary enclosures through proper channel. Such candidates will also be required to submit “No Objection Certificate” at the time of Personal Interview and Release Order from the employer at the time of joining.
9. Ex-servicemen fulfilling eligibility criteria can apply against the above posts along with relevant service certificates, Discharge Certificate and qualification documents prescribed above. Ex-servicemen applying for the above vacancies must submit a certificate indicating the equivalence of their qualification to that advertised at the time of Personal Interview, if they qualify, in the Written Test.
10. General and OBC category candidates are required to submit the Crossed Demand Draft of 150 ( non – refundable ) in favor of ‘ACCOUNTS OFFICER, GUJARAT REFINERY’, payable at Vadodara, towards the payment of Application Fee. No other mode of payment shall be accepted. ( SC / ST / Ex – Servicemen / PWD candidates are exempted from payment of Application Fee ).
11. No claim for refund of application fee would be entertained under any circumstances.
12. Applicants under the category of Persons With Disabilities ( PWD ) should attach copy of Medical Certificate issued by a Medical Board duly constituted by Central or State Government, attached to the Special Employment Exchange / Vocational Rehabilitation Centre for PWD or Head of concerned Department of a Government Civil Hospital satisfying the prescribed disability criteria.
13. The decision of the management in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the application, mode of selection will be final and management will not entertain any enquiry or correspondence in this regard.
14. Canvassing in any form will be considered a disqualification.
15. Furnishing of false information or suppression of any factual information at any stage of recruitment process would be a disqualification, and is likely to render the candidate unfit for employment under the Corporation.
16. Candidates have to apply for ANY ONE POST only. Candidates applying for more than one discipline will not be considered and such applications will be rejected.
17. Candidates must ensure that the applications are complete in all respect. Incomplete application in any respect, applications without supporting documents or applications received after the due date will be rejected without any notice.
18. Filling up of vacancies is solely at the discretion of the management based on suitability of candidates and no claim for appointment by the candidate or any other person shall be entertained.
19. The candidature of the applicant shall be provisional subject to meeting prescribed eligibility criteria.
20. Applications submitted through on-line application system only will be accepted.