Recruitment for Junior Engineering Assistant in IOCL 2014
Indian Oil Corporation Ltd,
J B Tito Marg,
New Delhi – 110049
Phone No : 011 – 26260000,
Website : www.iocl.com.
Important Date :
|Date of Opening of IOCL Online Application :||18th August, 2014|
|Last Date of Submission of IOCL Online Application :||10th September, 2014|
|Last Date of Receipt of Printout of IOCL Online Application from along with Supporting Documents||20th September, 2014|
Indian Oil Corporation Limited, the largest commercial undertaking in India and a Fortune “Global 500” Company requires result oriented personnel with initiative and enterprise for its Grass root Refinery at Paradip, Odisha. IOCL Jr. Engineering Assistant Recruitment 2014 Applications are invited from candidates with prescribed qualification and minimum one year of post qualification experience ( as on 31st August, 2014 ) indicated against each position.
No. of vacancies
OBC (Non Creamy Layer)
|1||Junior Engg Assistant - IV ( Production )||Chemical||11,900 - 32,000.||62||8||19||7||28|
|2.||Junior Engineering Assistant - IV ( P & U - O & M )||Electrical||11,900 - 32,000||21||4||5||2||10|
|3||Junior Engineering Assistant - IV ( P & U - O & M )||Mechanical / Electrical||11,900 - 32,000||11||2||2||1||6|
|4||Junior Engineering Assistant - IV ( Mechanical Maintenance )||Mechanical||11,900 - 32,000||12||1||5||1||5|
|5.||Junior Engineering Assistant - IV ( Instrumentation Maintenance )||Instrumentation||11,900 - 32,000||7||1||2||1||3|
# The indicated number of vacancies may either increase / decrease at the discretion of Management.
All the above mentioned posts (Post Code 1 to 5) are operated in rotating shift.
Qualification & Experience : The prescribed qualification from Govt. recognized Indian University / Institute as a regular full time course and the required percentage (%age) marks, experience as on 31st August, 2014 for each post is given below :
Essential Qualification & Experience
|1||Junior Engg Assistant - IV ( Production ) Discipline - Chemical||3 years Diploma in Chemical Engineering / BSc (Physics, Chemistry or Industrial Chemistry & Mathematics) with minimum 60% marks in aggregate with minimum one year experience in operation in a Petroleum Refinery / Petrochemicals / Fertilizer plants.|
|2||Junior Engineering Assistant - IV ( P & U - O & M ) Discipline -Electrical||3 years Diploma in Electrical Engineering with minimum 60% marks in aggregate with minimum one year experience in operation / maintenance of Generators / Distribution Sub Stations (LT & HT at 0.4 KV & 6.6 KV level or above respectively) / Maintenance of HT/LT Switch gears (PCC/MCC)/ Transformers / Motors/ ACBs / VCBs / UPS / Battery Chargers / Variable speed drives / protective relays including electromagnetic/Static/Numerical relays in Petroleum Refinery / Petrochemical / Heavy engineering / Fertilizers / Power Plants|
|3||Junior Engineering Assistant-IV (P&U-O&M) DisciplineMechanical / Electrical.||3 years Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and Boiler competency certificate (1st class or as may be applicable under the respective State Boiler Rules ).
Minimum one year experience in operation of Thermal power station ( Boilers, HRSGs, Gas Turbines, Steam Turbines, Air compressors, DM Plant / RO Plant, Fire water pump house) in Petroleum Refinery / Petrochemicals / Aluminimum / Steel plants / large industrial units. Post qualification Experience in the relevant field shall be reckoned
after completion of the Diploma course.
|4.||Junior Engineering Assistant - IV ( Mechanical Maintenance ) Discipline – Mechanical.||3 years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering / Matric with 2 years ITI ( Fitter ) course with minimum 60% marks in aggregate.Minimum one year experience for Diploma and 3 years experience for Matric with ITI (Fitter) in maintenance / overhauling of rotary equipments such as Compressors, Gas / Steam Turbines, Pumps, Mechanical Seals / Dry gas seals, Bearings ( Journal / Anti - friction ), Safety valves, etc; in a Petroleum Refinery / Petrochemical / large industrial units.|
|5||Junior Engineering Assistant - IV ( Instrumentation Maintenance ) Discipline - Instrumentation||3 years Diploma in Engineering in Instrumentation / Instrumentation & Electronics / Instrumentation Control with minimum 60% marks in aggregate. Minimum one year experience in Maintenance of Modern instrumentation control system like DCS, PLC with electronic field instrumentation, loop configuration, condition monitoring, cabling, earthing etc., in a Petroleum Refinery / Petrochemicals / large industrial units. Candidates conversant with installation, testing & commissioning of Instrumentation Control systems in modern petroleum and petrochemical
industries will have added advantage.
Candidates possessing professional qualifications such as BE or equivalent, MBA or equivalent or MCA shall not be considered for the above notified posts.
Age Limit :
Minimum 18 years and maximum 26 years ( relaxable by 1 year for candidates having requisite experience upto 2 years & relaxable by 2 years for candidates having experience of 2 years or more ) as on 31st August, 2014 ( Relaxable by 5 years for SC / ST, 3 years for OBC, for the posts reserved for them ). Age relaxation applicable for Ex – Serviceman as per Govt. directives.
Pay & Perks :
In addition to the Basic Pay, D.A., HRA and other benefits like Provident Fund, Employees’ Pension Scheme under PF, Gratuity, Company Quarters, Children Education Allowance, LTC / LFA, medical benefits, productivity / performance linked incentive, leave encashment, conveyance allowance, superannuation benefits, Post Retirement Medical Attendance benefits etc. shall also be admissible as per the rules of the Corporation.
Concession & Relaxations :
1. Minimum qualifying marks for SC / ST candidates is pass mark in the relevant Degree / Diploma / ITI
( Fitter ) course ( For Post Code : 4 ) examination.
2. SC / ST candidates appearing for written test / interview will be reimbursed single second class railway fare from
the nearest railway station of the mailing address to the place of test / interview and back by the shortest route on production of ticket, provided the distance is not less than 30 KMs.
3. SC / ST / XSM candidates are exempted from payment of IOCL Jr. Engineering Assistant Recruitment 2014 application fee.
Selection Process :
a) Selection would be based on written test / trade test ( wherever applicable ) and personal interview. The candidates will have to qualify successfully through each stage of the selection process and pre – employment medical fitness for being adjudged suitable for selection.
b) Filling up of vacancies is solely at the discretion of the management based on suitability of candidates and no claim will arise for appointment, if vacancies are not filled due to unsuitability / insufficient number of candidates.
c) The candidature of the applicant would be provisional and subject to subsequent verification of certificates / testimonials.
Application Form :
Requirement before filling on-line application form
The candidate must have an active email ID which must be valid for at least one year as all future communication with candidate will take place only through email.
The candidate should have the relevant documents / certificates pertaining to age, qualification, caste, experience if any, demand draft ( if required ), scanned copy of colour photograph in jpg format ( size not exceeding 50 KB ) etc. ready before applying on – line.
How to Apply?
1. Candidates meeting the above prescribed eligibility criteria may visit our website : www.paradiprefinery.in and apply on-line from 18th August, 2014 to 10th September, 2014. Incomplete IOCL Jr. Engineering Assistant Recruitment 2014 on-line applications or printed on – line applications received after the due date will be rejected. Only online mode of applications will be accepted.
2. After successfully applying / registering IOCL Jr. Engineering Assistant Recruitment 2014 on – line application, the candidate must take a print out of the filled in IOCL Jr. Engineering Assistant Recruitment 2014 on – line application form, affix his photograph, put his signature in the space provided for the purpose and send the same along with all supporting documents as mentioned in the checklist attached to the application form by ordinary post to Indian Oil Corporation Limited, Paradip Refinery Project, Post Box No. 145, General Post Office (GPO), Bhubaneswar – 751001.
Application Last Date :
The last date of receipt of printout of IOCL Jr. Engineering Assistant Recruitment 2014 online application form along with supporting documents is 20th September, 2014. Print – out of online application received after last date shall be summarily rejected.
Canvassing in any form is liable to render the candidate ineligible for any of the above posts. Queries, if any, may be addressed to the following e-mail id : firstname.lastname@example.org
General Instructions :
1. Candidates are advised to carefully read the full advertisement for details of educational qualification and other eligibility criteria before submission of IOCL Jr. Engineering Assistant Recruitment 2014 on – line application. The prescribed qualification should be from a Govt. recognized Indian University / Institute as a regular full time course.
2. Training period shall not be counted towards experience. However, the period of apprenticeship training in respect of candidates who have successfully completed Apprenticeship training under Apprentices Act, 1961 / Apprentices ( Amendment ) Act, 1973 in the relevant trade / discipline in any of IOCL Refineries or Industries as specified above in the Essential Qualification & Experience criteria for the relevant post shall be considered as experience.
3. The candidature of only those candidates who have completed Apprenticeship Training and have passed the All India Trade Test conducted by National Council for Vocational Training ( NCVT ) or Certificate of Proficiencey issued by BOPT / BOAT shall be considered. Age relaxation equivalent to the period of Apprenticeship training shall be given to Apprentices. However, no additional age relaxation will be allowed.
4. None of the above vacancies are identified for Persons with Disabilities. For claiming the benefit of OBC category, the candidate should submit a latest caste certificate in the proforma prescribed by Govt. of India, which would, among others, specifically mention that the candidate does not belong to the persons / sections ( creamy layer ) as mentioned in column 3 of the schedule to the Department of Personnel & Training, Government of India OM No. 36012/22/93-Estt.(SCT) dated 8.9.1993.
5. Candidates belonging to OBC category but falling in creamy layer are not entitled to OBC reservation benefits. Accordingly such candidates may choose to apply for the positions provided they meet the age criteria applicable to UR candidates and indicate their category as “UR”.
6. Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.( Paradip Refinery ) being a Central Public Sector Undertaking, only those communities that are mentioned in the common list of OBC prepared by Central Government shall be treated as OBC for the purpose of reservation.
7. Applicants from Govt. / Semi Govt. / PSU will be required to submit their IOCL Jr. Engineering Assistant Recruitment 2014 application through proper channel ( after on line application ) and produce “No Objection Certificate” at the time of written test / trade test and personal interview and release order from the employer at the time of joining.
8. The candidate must have the prescribed qualification, experience and age as on 31st August, 2014. OBC & General candidates are required to attach a crossed Demand Draft of 150/- ( One hundred fifty only ) as IOCL Jr. Engineering Assistant Recruitment 2014 application fee ( non – refundable ) in favour of Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. payable at State Bank of India, Paradeep Branch ( Branch Code: 003945, IFSC Code : SBIN0003945 ) along with a copy of the IOCL Jr. Engineering Assistant Recruitment 2014 on-line application print out. Candidates must write their full name and address on the back side of Demand Draft.
9.IOCL Jr. Engineering Assistant Recruitment 2014 Applications without supporting documents / incomplete / not fulfilling the prescribed criteria in any respect shall be rejected. One candidate can apply for one post only. Candidates applying for more than one post will not be considered and their application will be rejected.
10. The decision of the Management will be final and binding on all candidates on all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the IOCL Jr. Engineering Assistant Recruitment 2014 applications, mode of selection, cancellation of the recruitment process etc. No enquiry / correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
11. At any stage of the recruitment processes, if it is found that the candidate has furnished false or incorrect information then the candidature / appointment of the candidate is liable to be cancelled.