Department of Posts Gujarat Circle Recruitment 2013
Department of Posts,
Government of India,
Office of the Chief Postmaster General,
Gujarat Circle, Ahmedabad – 380 001.
Department of Posts Sports Recruitment 2013 :
Department of Posts invites application from outstanding sports persons who have represented at International / National / Inter University / National School Games ( after 01.04.2010 ) are hereby called for, for recruitment to Postal / Sorting Assistant, Postal Assistant in SBCO, Postman & Multi Tasking Staff cadres in Gujarat Postal Circle in the following disciplines of sports. Those who had applied in response to the earlier notification can also apply afresh. Total number of vacancies in each cadre is as follows.
(I) PA / SA & PA SBCO : 17 ( II ) Postman : 12 ( III ) MTS: 13.
The requirement of personnel in sports quota in each of the following discipline is shown against each discipline. However, candidates short listed in each discipline would be offered appointments to appropriate cadre base on their educational qualifications.
|Sl. No||Sports Discipline||Vacancies|
|1||Basket Ball( Men )||06|
|2||Volleyball( Men )||04|
|3||Kabaddi( Men )||07|
|4||Cricket ( Men )||02|
|5||Wrestling( Men )||03|
|6||Table Tennis( Men )||02|
|7||Weight lifting, Power lifting &
Best Physique. ( Men )
|8||Carrom( Men )||01|
|9||Athletic & Cycling( Men )||06|
|Athletic & Cycling( Women )||03|
|10||Badminton( Men )||03|
|Badminton( Women )||01|
|11||Chess( Men )||02|
|Chess( Women )||01|
Department of Posts Prospectus :
The details in Department of Posts prospectus are applicable for recruitment Postal Assistant in Post offices / SBCO and Sorting Asstt. in RMS against Sports Quota.
Scale of Pay for Postal Assistant Job in Department of Posts :
The scale of pay is 5200 – 20200 ( Pay Band ) with Grade Pay 2400/- + admissible allowances.
Age Limit & Eligibility Conditions for Department of Posts Recruitment 2013 :
1. Age limit 18 – 27 years.
2. The age limit is relaxable for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe upto 5 years and for candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes upto 3 years and for Government Servants upto the age of 40 years in accordance with the instruction or orders by Govt. of India from time to time.
3. Age relaxations for Ex. Serviceman would be as per extant orders of Govt. of India issued from time to time.
4. The upper age limit is relaxable for Physically handicapped by 10 years.
The candidate selected will be appointed and will be on probation for a period of two years.
The crucial date for determining the age limit shall be the closing date for receipt of Department of Posts application from candidates in India.
Educational Qualifications for Department of Posts :
(i) 10 + 2 standard or 12th class pass with atleast 60% marks and above, from recognized University / Board of School Education, Board of Secondary Education with English as a compulsory subject ( excluding vocational streams ) for OC candidates, 55% and above for Other Backward Classes and 45% and above for Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribes shall apply.
(ii) Should have studied local language ( i.e. Gujarati ) of the State or Union Territory of the concerned Postal Circle or Hindi as a subject at least in Matriculation or equivalent.
Selection Process for Department of Posts 2013 :
1. All application belonging to various categories who are found acquired with prescribed educational qualifications shall be called for, for the field trial, subject to fulfillment of conditions that he / she has represented at International / National / Inter University / National School Games ( after 01.04.2010 ).
2. The sole base of selection would be field trial and the candidates selected in field trial will be offered employment in (a) PA / SA / PASBCO (b) Postman and (c) MTS Cadre strictly on the merit of education, subject to the condition that the candidate having higher merit has consented for the post of Postman and or MTS.
Physically Handicapped ( PH ) :
(a) The Department of Posts recruitment of persons with disabilities will be governed by government instructions issued from time to time.
(b) Physically handicapped candidates should produce handicapped certificate from Medical Board attached to the special employment exchange and vocational rehabilitation centre in the prescribed form I or II, as the case may be as furnished in Appendix – IV. The selection of the candidate is liable to be cancelled if it is found later on that they do not come under the category of Physically handicapped as defined in the relevant orders.
Ex – Serviceman :
Armed Force personnel applying for Civil posts as Ex-serviceman should submit the certificate.
(a) No person – who has entered into or contracted a marriage with a person having spouse living, ( or )
(b) No person – who having a spouse living, has entered into or contracted a marriage with any person, shall be eligible for appointment to service. Provided that the Central Govt. may, if satisfied that such marriage is permissible under the personal law applicable to such person and to the other party to the marriage and that there are other grounds for so doing, exempt any person from the operation of this rule.
Application Form for Department of Posts 2013 :
1. The applicants have to carefully read and follow the instruction given in Department of Posts Information Brochure / Advertisement notice.
2. The Department of Posts Recruitment 2013 Application which do not confirm to the conditions are liable to be rejected summarily.
Cost of Department of Posts Application Form 2013 :
1. The Department of Posts Recruitment 2013 application Form is 50/- and the said amount should credited to any Post offices.
2. The receipt there of granted by the Post Office should be attached in original with application.
3. Department of Posts Job 2013 Application form submitted without receipt of 50/- will not be entertained and it will be straight way rejected.
4. The Department of Posts recruitment is for various cadre of Group “C” based on the field trial and educational qualifications.
5. Department of Posts Recruitment 2013 Application should be sent to the undersigned on or before 25.05.02013 by Registered / Speed Post.
6. Department of Posts Job 2013 Application sent by other means shall not be considered.
7. Department of Posts Vacancy 2013 Applications received after due date would not be entertained. No correspondents would be entertained regarding application / selection etc.
8. The decision of the Sports Selection Committee shall be final and any dispute would be subjected to the legal jurisdiction of CAT Ahmedabad.
Special Instructions to the Applicants :
(a) Original certificates should not be submitted. Only attested Xerox / Photo copies should be sent. Applicant should give details of Sports achievements in Col. VII of application form or attaching separate sheet alongwith attested Xerox / photo copies of such certificates.
(b) All the required documents and photo state copies of certificates should be sent alongwith the application. The documents / mark – sheets / certificates submitted at a later date will not be entertained.
(c) Community Certificate for SC / ST & OBC in the prescribed form from the competent authorities. Certificates submitted in any other form or from authorities not competent to issue the same will be ignored.
(d) Physically handicapped candidate should provide prescribed certificate as perform I or II as the case may be as furnished in Appendix IV.
(e) The Department of Posts Recruitment 2013 applications should be sent through Speed Post / Registered Post only. Those received through courier or delivery in person will not be accepted.
(f) Department of Posts Job 2013 Applications wrongly address or received after due date are liable to be rejected, whatever may be the reason for delay. Department of Posts Vacancy Application without required certificate and incomplete applications are liable to be rejected. No intimation will be sent in this regard.
(g) The nature of work in the Railway Mail Service require rotation of duties including night shifts / detention on Overtime duty in the exigencies of service. The PAs in SBCO are liable to be posted to any Head Post office in the Gujarat Postal Circle.
(h) The selected candidates are candidates are required to undergo Induction Training at any one of the Postal Training Centre or any other place as directed by the appointing authority.
(i) The Department reserves the right either to revise the number of vacancies or to cancel the recruitment, if so warranted and the Department will not be liable to return the fee or pay any compensation on the applicant’s Department of Posts application.
Details of Enclosures :
( List of attested Xerox copies of certificates and documents to be sent ).
(a) All marks – sheets of Educational Qualifications ( Std. X, XII, or higher educational qualifications ).
(b) Proof for Date of Birth.
(c) Caste / Community certificate in the prescribed form for SC / ST and OBC candidates issued by competent authority ( Please see Appendix II & III ).
(d) Physically handicapped certificate from the competent authority in case of PH candidates as per Appendix IV.
(e) Two Pass Post size photographs ( one to be pasted on the application and the other sent loose with name & address written on the reverse ).
(f) Discharge certificate in case of Ex.- serviceman or prescribed certificate in case serving in Armed Forces Personnel, if any.
(g) Duly filled in Department of Posts Application Form itself.
(a) Original Certificate should not be submitted. Only certified copies should be submitted.
(b) If the prescribed / required documents are not submitted alongwith the Department of Posts Recruitment 2013 application application will be rejected and no request for revivals will be considered.
(c) Incomplete or unsigned application or application without photographs / late application will be rejected.
(d) Before submitting his / her application, the candidate must carefully read the eligibility conditions and satisfy himself that he / she fulfills all the eligibility conditions for the post for which he / she has applied.
Instruction relating to submission of Department of Posts Recruitment 2013 Application :
(j) Write the required information in English or Hindi.
(ii) One envelope should contain application of one candidate only.
(iii) The envelope containing the application must be super scribed in bold letters as “ Application For Recruitment Of PA / SA, POSTMAN / MTS Against Sports Quota”
(iv) Department of Posts Recruitment 2013 application will be rejected at any stage of recruitment process for not having been submitted in the official format / having incomplete information / wrong information / Mis Representation of facts / unsigned / without photographs / not accompanied by attested copies of required certificates or received late.
(v) If a candidate has changed his / her name or dropped / added part of his / her name after Matriculation / SSC / Higher Secondary or he / she has changed his / her name after metric etc. proof for the change in name such as Affidavit, Gazette Notification etc. should be enclosed.
1. The selection of candidates is based on field trial and educational qualification. If the candidate who applied for PA / SA cadre post could not be selected for the said post may opt and give his willingness for the Postman or MTS.
2. Likewise the candidate who applied for the post of Postman but could not be selected for the said post may opt and give his willingness for the post of MTS. This option of willingness should invariably given in the Department of Posts Recruitment 2013 application form by the candidate.
3. A self addressed envelope duly affixed postage stamp worth 5/- stamp should invariably attached with the Department of Posts Jobs 2013 application form.
4. Only certificates issued by the competent authorities for example, the University / concerned Boards would be accepted as proof for having possessed the minimum education qualification or Date of Birth.
5. Only those certificates issued by the competent authorities and in the prescribed form would be considered.