Latest Recruitment in HWB 2011
Government of India,
Department of Atomic Energy
V.S. Bhavan,4th Floor,
Mumbai – 400 094.
Last Date of Receipt of HWB Recruitment 2011 Application Form is 31.01.2011.
Heavy Water Board HWB Applications are invited for the following posts :
Post No 1 : Category – I Trainees :
|Sr. No.||Discipline||Location of Vacancy & No. of vacant posts||Educational Qualification|
|1.||Chemical||HWP [Manuguru], AP – 06 (UR-3, OBC-2 & SC-1)
HWP [Kota], Rajasthan – 05 (OBC-1 & SC-4)
HWP [Talcher], Orissa – 02 (UR)
TDP, Mumbai – 01 (UR)
HWB, Mumbai (RMR) – 04 (UR-1, OBC-2 & SC-1)
|Diploma / Licentiate (3 years after SSC) in Chemical / Mechanical / Electrical / Instrumentation with minimum of 60% marks.|
|2.||Mechanical||HWB, Mumbai (RMR) – 03 (UR-1, OBC-1 & SC-1)
HWP [Talcher], Orissa – 03 (UR-2 & ST-1)
|3.||Electrical||HWP [Talcher], Orissa – 04 (UR-2 & ST-1 )|
|4.||Instrumentation||HWP [Talcher], Orissa – 02 (UR-2)|
|5.||Chemistry (Laboratory)||HWP [Talcher], Orissa – 02 (UR-1 & SC-1)
HWP [Manuguru], AP – 05 (OBC-1, SC-1 & ST-1)
|B.Sc. with Chemistry as Principal and Physics & Mathematics as subsidiary with not less than 60% Marks in aggregate.|
Note : For Category – I Trainees : The candidates who have passed M.Sc. / Degree in Engineering / AMIE / equivalent will not be considered. Similarly, candidates who have taken up / are studying / have appeared or appearing the final year of the Examination of the above course will not be considered and hence need not apply.
Post No 2 : Category – II Trainees :
|Sr. No.||Discipline||Location of Vacancy & No. of vacant posts||Educational Qualification|
|1.||Mechanical [Fitter]||HWP [Manuguru], AP – 01 (UR)
HWP [Kota], Rajasthan – 01 (ST)
HWP [Talcher], Orissa – 03 (OBC-1, SC-1 & ST-1)
|Minimum 60% marks in SSC with Science and Maths PLUS ITI certificate in Fitter/ Turner/ Electrical/ Instrument-Mechanic of not less than 2 years duration / NCTVT of not less than 3 years of duration.|
|2.||Mechanical [Turner]||HWP [Manuguru], AP – 02 (UR-1 & OBC-1)|
|3.||Electrical||HWP [Talcher], Orissa – 01 (ST)|
|4.||Instrument – Mechanic||HWP [Talcher], Orissa – 01 (ST)
HWP [Manuguru], AP – 01 (UR)
|5.||Crane Operator||HWP [Manuguru] – 03 (UR-2, OBC-1)||1) Minimum 60 % marks in SSC with Science and Maths PLUS Trade Certificate in Crane Operation of one year duration recognized by the Competent Authority.
2) Knowledge in Operation and Maintenance of Coles / Grove / Escorts type mounted, Tata P&H Crawler Crane, 35 MT Tractor Trailor and Forklifts (Electrical & Diesel operated) is essential.
Candidates should possess valid Heavy Vehicle driving licence.
|6.||Lab Technician||HWP [Talcher] – 01 (ST)||Minimum of 60% marks in SSC with Science and Maths PLUS ITI certificate in Laboratory of not less than 2 years duration / NCTVT of not less than 3 years of duration. OR Minimum 60% marks in HSC with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.|
|7.||Process / Plant Operator||HWP [Manuguru] – 08 (UR-3 & OBC-5)
HWP [Kota] – 03 (ST)
HWP [Talcher] – 06 (SC-1 & ST-5)
|Higher Secondary or equivalent examination (10+2 or 12 years schooling duration) with minimum 60% marks in aggregate with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.|
Note : For Category – II Trainees : The candidates who have passed B.Sc. / Diploma in Engg. / AMIE / Degree in Engg. equivalent or appearing for B.Sc. / Diploma in Engg. / AMIE/ Degree in Engg. equivalent shall not be considered. Similarly, candidates who have taken up / are studying / have appeared or appearing the final year of the Examination of the above course also will not be considered and hence need not apply.
HWB Recruitments Physical Standards :
- No deformity.
- Night or Colour blindness shall be a disqualification for CHEMICAL, CHEMISTRY (Laboratory) disciplines and persons involved in Production and Operation.
- Those who are having perforated ear drums need not apply. However, the candidates, who had perforated ear drum earlier and got rectified by surgery, are eligible to apply.
- Height : Minimum height for male and female candidates shall be 152 cm and 148 cm respectively.
- Weight : Minimum / maximum weight of candidate should be corresponding to the height of the person within BMI range from 18.5 to less than 25. Candidate with BMI of 17 to 18.5 (mild thinness) and 25 to 27.5 (pre obese) can be considered, subject to otherwise being healthy and further medical examination, if necessary.
- Vision : Distant Vision : 6/18 or better (without wearing glasses or any other aid), correctable to 6/6. Near Vision : N8 (without wearing glasses or any other aid), correctable to N6.
Candidates who are not meeting the above physical standards will not be interviewed.
Further Information for Category I and Category – II Trainees on HWB :
|1.||Selection||An objective type written test of two hour duration with negative marking shall be conducted for both Category-I and Category-II applicants. Each correct answer will carry 1 (one) mark and each wrong answer will carry negative half (1/2) mark. The written examination shall include questions pertaining to aptitude / general awareness and day to day science in addition to the test of their professional knowledge (for CAT-I : Questions pertaining to the discipline of the candidates, for CAT-II (10+2) : Questions pertaining to Physics, Chemistry & Maths of 12th standard and for CAT-II (10+ITI) : Questions pertaining to Science & Maths of 10th standard + ITI). Trade test is applicable to Category-II candidates with educational qualification of (10+ITI). Those candidates qualifying in the Written Examination shall be short-listed for Interview.
(Candidates applying for the above post will be given an option to answer in Hindi / English at the time of Written Exam / Interview).
|2.||Stipend During Training||For Category I Trainee : 9,300/- p.m. (consolidated and no allowances are admissible) plus Book Allowance of 1,500/- (as one time grant).
For Category II Trainee : 6,200/- p.m. (consolidated and no allowances are admissible) plus Book Allowance of 1,500/- (as one time grant).
|3.||Duration of Training||One year|
|4.||Post / Grade after Successful Completion of Training||On completion of the training, the Trainees will be considered for absorption in one of the following grades depending on the performance during the period of training and interview to be held at the end of the training.
For Category I Trainees – Scientific Assistant / B
However, Trainees who secure less than the marks prescribed for absorption will not be absorbed and will be discharged from training. Absorption of the Trainees is further subject to availability of vacancies and also subject to the actual requirements. The empanelled Trainees will be offered appointment as and when vacancies occur if they could not be absorbed immediately on completion of training.
|5.||Pay Band and Grade Pay after absorption of Category-I / Category-II Trainees as Scientific Assistants/B; Technician-B/C :||Category I Trainees : Scientific Assistant/B – Pay Band of 9300-34800 and Grade Pay of 4200 (PB-2).
Category II Trainees : Technician/B – Pay Band of 5200-20200 with Grade Pay of 2000 (PB-1).
Technician/C – Pay Band of 5200-20200 with Grade Pay of 2400 (PB-1).
|6.||Bond||The selected candidates will have to execute a bond in the prescribed form to complete the training and serve Heavy Water Board / Heavy Water Plants or any other constituent Unit of DAE, if offered appointment after the training, for a period of 4 years after absorption. A trainee who fails to complete the training or serve the Government for 4 years if offered appointment will be liable to pay to the Government a sum equivalent to entire aggregate amount of stipend received by him during the period of training alongwith interest thereon.|
|Note : During the period of training and thereafter, the candidates will be required to attend to round-the-clock shift duties. The place of initial Training will be at Heavy Water Plant (Manuguru), Andhra Pradesh. Suitable accommodation will be provided to the Trainees by Heavy Water Plant (Manuguru).|
Post No 3 : Station Officer/A :
|No of Posts||02 [OBC-1 for Heavy Water Plant (Talcher), Orissa / SC-1 for Heavy Water Plant (Kota), Rajasthan]|
|Qualification||i) Passed SSC or equivalent + Certificate of Station Officer’s course of the National Fire Service College or from CISF Fire Training Centre.
Graduate of the Institute of Fire Engineering, India / London.
ii) B.E. (Fire Engineering).
|Experience||Minimum experience of 5 years in a post not below the rank of Sub-Officer in a well established whole time fire services organisation is essential.|
|Note : Not withstanding the above experience, the candidate must have 3 years of relevant experience after obtaining the requisite qualification of Station Officer/A for candidates without B.E. (Fire) qualification.|
Candidates should possess a valid Heavy Vehicle Driving Licence and be fully conversant with the Operation and Maintenance of Fire Engines Fire Pumps and Other Fire Fighting Equipments.
Physical Standards for HWB Recruitment :
- No deformity.
- Height : 165 cms (Minimum)
- Weight : 50 kgs (Minimum)
- Chest : 81 cms (normal) & 86 cms (expansion)
- Vision : 6/6, without wearing glasses or any other aid.
Night or colour blindness shall be a disqualification.
1A). Age Limit (as on 01.07.2010) : For Category – I & II Trainees :
|Post No.||Name of the Post||Age Limit|
|1.||Cat I Trainees||Min 18 Yrs and Max 25 Yrs.|
|2.||Cat II Trainees||Min 18 Yrs and Max 22 Yrs.|
1B). Age Limit (as on 01.07.2010) : For Station Officer/A :
|Post No.||Name of the Post||Age Limit||Pay Band||Entry Pay|
|Pay in the Pay Band||Grade Pay||Total|
|3.||Station Officer/A||Min 18 Yrs and Max 40 Yrs.||Pay Band of 9300-34800 with Grade Pay of 4800 (PB-2).||13350||4800||18150|
|Plus allowances as admissible under Central Government Rules.|
|Additional Financial Benefits : In addition to the normal pay and allowances viz. House Rent Allowance, Transport Allowance etc. as admissible under the Rules, the Department of Atomic Energy employees are entitled to attractive financial benefits under various incentive schemes. These benefits are provided in view of special S&T status of the Department and reviewed by the Government from time to time.|
2) Age Relaxation for HWB Recruitment :
- Relaxation upto 5 years against reserved posts for SCs/STs.
- Relaxation upto 3 years against reserved posts for OBCs.
- Reservation for Ex-servicemen will be provided as per rules.
- Age Relaxation for Departmental candidates : Station Officer/A– 50 Years.
3) Relaxation in the upper age limit of 5 yrs shall be admissible to persons who had ordinarily been domiciled in Kashmir division of the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st day of January 1980 to 31st day of December, 1989 provided that the relaxation in the upper age limit for appearing at any examination shall be subject to the Max number of chances permissible under the relevant rules.
Certificate regarding proof of residence – Any person intending to avail of this relaxation of age limit admissible under rule 3 shall submit a certificate from :
- the district magistrate in the Kashmir division within those jurisdiction he had ordinarily resided; or
- any other authority designated in this behalf by the government of Jammu & Kashmir to the effect that he had ordinarily been domiciled in the Kashmir division of the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 1st day of January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989.