BARC Driver Recruitment 2011
Government of India
Last Date for Receipt of BARC Application Form 2011 : 01.01.2011
BARC Application Forms are invited for the post of driver (Ordinary Grade) from Candidates fulfilling the eligibility conditions thereof :
Post : Driver (Ordinary Grade)
Scale of pay : Pay Band 1 : 5200-20200 + Grade Pay 1900/-plus DA, HRA & Transport Allowances as admissible under Central Government rules.
No. of existing BARC Vacancies : 50
(Reservations including backlog) :
- SC : 08
- ST : 07
- OBC : 05
- UR : 30, (includes 01 post to be filled at ApSD, NRL / HARL, Srinagar, J&K).
Anticipated BARC vacancies and new posts created for new projects may also be filled through this Advertisement.
Age limit as on 01.01.2011 : 30 years
Maximum age limit is relaxable upto 5 years in case of SC / ST candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates. Maximum age limit for Ex-servicemen is 33 years (after deducting the period of service from the actual age). Upper age limit is also relaxable for Central Government servants as under:
|SC / ST||45 years|
The crucial date for determining the BARC age limit shall be the closing date for receipt of applications from candidates in India (other than those in Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep).
Relaxation in the upper age limit of 5 years shall be admissible to all persons who had ordinarily been domiciled in Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from the 1st January 1980 to the 31st December 1989.
Any person intending to avail of this relaxation of age limit shall submit a certificate from the District Magistrate within whose jurisdiction he had ordinarily resided or any other authority designated in this behalf by the Government of Jammu & Kashmir.
Relaxation in the upper age limit will be admissible to children / family members of those who died in the 1984 riots.
Minimum qualifications & experience :
Must have passed X standard (SSC or equivalent) and must hold a clean and valid driving licence to drive Heavy Vehicle and three years experience in driving Light Vehicle / Heavy Vehicle. Graduates need not apply. (Graduates would be treated as overqualified).
Ability to read and fill up routine forms in English / Hindi, desirable. Must be able to attend to minor repairs of petrol and diesel driven vehicles such as the following :
- General day-to-day maintenance of the vehicle.
- Tyre, battery maintenance and lubrication of vehicle.
- Accelerator, brake, clutch pedal and fan belt adjustments.
- Removal of air lock and oil block.
- Engine tune up, brake adjustments, wheel alignment and observation of dash board meters.
Selection will be made on the basis of the performance of the candidate in the driving test followed by an oral interview. Only screened-in candidates will be called for BARC driving test / interview. In case large number of BARC applications are received against the Advertisement, screening / shortlisting will be done, based on the following or all of :
- Objective Screening test on General English, General Knowledge, Arithmetics and Driving knowledge.
- Longer experience in driving Light / Heavy vehicle.
- Higher percentage of marks in SSC.
- Ex-servicemen (drivers from Defence service).
The Drivers so recruited will have to drive Light or Heavy Vehicle as per need in round the clock shifts.
Candidates selected against this advertisement are likely to be posted initially in Mumbai but they are liable to serve in any part of India and in any of the constituent Units of the Department of Atomic Energy.
SC / ST candidates called from outstation for the BARC test / interview which will be held in Mumbai, will be paid Travelling Allowance of II class railway fare by the shortest route(subject to production of tickets).
However, Travelling Allowance is not admissible to those SC / ST candidates who are already employed in Central / State Government Services, Central / State Government Corporations, Public Undertakings, Local Government institutions and Panchayats. Travelling allowance is also not admissible to Ex-Servicemen (Pensioners) belonging to SC / ST Category as per rules.
The eligibility criteria as prescribed in the BARC Advertisement will be determined with reference to the last date for receipt of applications.
Application for BARC Recruitment 2011 :
1. BARC Application Form should be submitted in the proforma given below and the outer cover should be superscribed as “Application for the post of Driver (Ordinary Grade) against Advertisement No. 1/2010-R-III”.
2. BARC Application 2011 should preferably be type-written on thick foolscap paper. (size 34 cms. x 22 cms.).
3. Photograph : A recent passport size photograph should be affixed on right hand top corner of the BARC application 2011. One additional copy of the same photograph should be sent along with the application. The name and address of the candidate should be written on the backside of the additional photograph.
4. Envelope : A self-addressed unstamped envelope (size 24 cms. x 10 cms.) should be attached to the application.
5. Copies of certificates :
Candidates should submit alongwith their applications attested single, good and legible copy each of certificates of :
- Educational qualifications supported by appropriate Mark-sheets / Certificates.
- Date of birth (certificate issued by SSC / HSC – 10th or 12th Board or Municipal Corporation).
- SC / ST / OBC(non-creamy layer certificate in the prescribed proforma applicable to Central Government Employees), if applicable.
- Jammu & Kashmir residents / Proof to the effect that they have been affected by the 1984 riots in the appropriate proforma (if applicable).
- Driving Licence.
- Discharge Certificate from Defence Service ( in case of Ex-servicemen).
- Check List attached.
6. Note :
I) Persons working under the Central / State Government / Public Sector Undertakings should submit their applications through proper channel. They may, however, send one advance copy of the application alongwith the enclosures as detailed above to the address given below.
II) Completed BARC applications should be sent to the following address, so as to reach on or before 01.01.2011.
The Deputy Establishment Officer (R-III),
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre,
Mumbai – 85.
Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.