Latest Recruitment in BARC 2011
Government of India,
Yelwal, Mysore – 571 130.
Last date for receipt of BARC Mysore Applications : 28.01.2011
Applications are invited for the following Posts in BARC, Mysore.
Name of the Post : Upper Division Clerk in BARC
Number of posts: : 04 ( ST-01, UR- 03)
Upper Division Clerk Qualification & Experience : A Degree in Arts, Science or Commerce of recognized university or equivalent with an aggregate of 50 % marks.
Desirable Qualification :
- Minimum speed of 30 w.p.m. in typewriting in English.
- Knowledge of Computer Application, Data Entry & Data Processing.
Age Limit for UDC Jobs : Minimum 18 years but not more than 27 years, 32 years for ST candidates as on 28.01.2011.
Selection Process for BARC Recruitment 2011 :
1) Screened in candidates will have to qualify in the written test. Composition of the question paper will be as follows :
- Paper I – General English
- Paper II – General Knowledge & Elementary Arithmetic
2) The candidates who qualifies in written test will be called for personal interview.
Name of the Post : Driver (Ordinary Grade)
Number of posts : 04 (Existing: 01, Anticipated: 03) (UR-02, SC-01, ST-01)
BARC Driver Qualification & Experience :
Must have passed X Standard (SSC or equivalent) and must hold a clean and valid Driving License to drive Heavy Vehicle and 3 years experience on driving Light Vehicle / Heavy Vehicle. Graduates need not apply. (Graduates would be treated as overqualified, but XII standard and/ or diploma holders would be acceptable)
Ability to read and fill up routine forms in English / Hindi, desirable. Must be able to attend to minor repairs of Petrol and Diesel driven vehicles such as the following :
a) General day-to-day maintenance of the vehicle.
b) Tyre, battery maintenance and lubrication of vehicle.
c) Accelerator, brake, clutch pedal and fan belt adjustments.
d) Removal of air lock and oil block.
e) Engine tune up, brake adjustments, wheel alignment and observation of dash board meters.
Age Limit for Driver Jobs 2011 : Minimum 18 years but not more than 30 years, 35 years for SC and ST candidates as on 28.01.2011.
Selection Process for BARC Driver Vacancies 2011 : Eligible candidates will be issued with call letters to appear for Driving test. The candidates who qualifies in the Driving test will be called for personal interview.
Name of the Post : Attendant/A
Number of posts : 15 (UR-08, OBC-02, SC-02, ST-03)
Qualification for Attendant Jobs in BARC 2011 : Xth Standard (SSC or equivalent)
Age Limit for Attendant Vacancies 2011 : Minimum 18 years but not more than 27 years, 30 years for OBC & 32 years for SC and ST candidates as on 28.01.2011.
Duties of Attendant/A :
a) Cleaning and decontamination of plants / machinery assistance in plants / workshops / stores and other utility areas. Te duties may also involve working in round-the-clock sifts.
b) Miscellaneous office work etc.
Selection Process for Attendant in BARC 2011 : Eligible candidates will be issued with call letters to appear in the competitive written examination. After qualifying in the Written examination they have to appear for personal interview.
Note : The selected candidates shall undergo an induction programme of 3 months.
Name of the Post : Security Guard
Number of posts : 06 (UR-03, OBC-01, SC-01, ST-01)
Qualification for Security Guard Jobs in BARC Mysore :
a) Xth Standard, for Ex-Servicemen, Ex-police & Ex-Central Para military personnel: X th Standard pass or equivalent certificate from Armed forces.
b) Minimum height : 167 Cms. (Relaxable fro ST & Hillmen as per Government orders)
c) Chest : 80-85 Cms. (Relaxable for ST & Hillmen as per Government orders)
Age Limit for BARC 2011 Recruitment : Minimum 18 years but not more than 27 years, 30 years for OBC & 32 years for SC and ST candidates as on 28.01.2011. Maximum age limit for Exservicemen and ex-constables is 30 years (after deducting the period of service from the actual age).
Ex-servicemen and ex-constables shall be eligible to apply only within three years of discharge or retirement from the Armed Forces or Police.
Selection Process for BARC Security Guard Vacancies 2011 :
1. Screened in candidates will have to qualify in the Physical test under Constituted Board as follows :
a) Physical Test Events :
(i) 100 meters run – Time 16 Seconds
(ii) Long jump – 3.65 meters in 3 chances
|Chin ups||Upto 30 Years||08-09|
|Push ups||40-45 Years||16-17|
|Above 45 Years||12-13|
|Sit ups||Upto 30 Years||25-29|
|Above 45 Years||10-14|
b) Written Test for Security Guard Jobs :
The candidates who qualify in the physical test will be allowed to appear for a written test for 75 marks in the allotted time of 90 minutes. Composition of the question paper will be as per the following pattern :
|b)||General Awareness (Objective Type)||25 Marks|
|c)||Analytical or Basic Mats(Objective Type)||25 Marks|
c) Security Guard Interview : 25 Marks
Nature of Security Guard Duties : Work under supervision of Assistant Security Officers and assist him in access control duty at every point, collect intelligence and perform vigilance (watch and ward duties) & patrolling duty. Candidates recruited are required to perform round-the-clock shift duties.
The Scale of pay and the Total Emoluments at the minimum of the scale are as follows :
Corresponding Pay Bands
Corresponding Grade Pay
Corresponding Pay in Pay Bands
Total min. Emoluments with out House Rent Allowance (Approx)
|1||Upper Division Clerk||5200-20200||2400||7510||9910|
Plus allowances as admissible under Central Government Rules.
Additional Financial Benefits :
In addition to the normal pay and allowances viz., House Rent Allowance, Transport Allowance etc., as admissible under the Rules. The Department of Atomic Energy employees are entitled to attractive financial benefits under various incentive schemes. These benefits are provided in view of special S&T status of Department and reviewed by the Government from time to time.
Relaxation in Upper Age Limit (For all Categories) :
The upper age limit is relaxable for government servants upto 40 years in accordance with the instructions / orders issued by the central government servants and 45 years In case of scheduled caste / scheduled tribes and 43 years for obc Ccentral Government servants. Maximum age limit is relaxable up to 5 years in case of sc/st Candidates and 3 years for obc candidates.
For departmental candidates with 3 years continuous service in the same line or allied cadre applying for upper division clerk & driver (og), upper age limit will be upto 40 years for general candidates and 45 years for sc and st candidates.
Age relaxation in the upper age limit will be admissible to children / family members of those who died in the 1984 riots. Age relaxation to ex-servicemen will be as per govt.orders.
Abbreviations Used :
- SC : Schedule Caste
- ST : Schedule Tribe
- OBC : Other Backward Classes
- UR : Unreserved (General)
- N.A. : Not Applicable.
Note : (For all Categories)
- This Bhabha Atomic Research Centre Mysore Recruitment 2011 reserve the right to restrict the number of candidates to be called for Written Tests / Driving Test / Interview depending upon the number of application received. In case the response is more, the screening will be restricted to those with higher percentage of marks. The decision of the Research Centre will be final and binding.
- The BARC Vacancies shown above are provisional and subject to the approval of Competent Authority and may not be filled up if decided otherwise in terms of the orders issued from Government from time to time. This Research Centre reserve the rights to fill up all the posts or alter the number of posts or even cancel the whole process for recruitment without assigning any reasons.
- The nature of duties to be performed by all the Categories (except Upper Division Clerk) involves working in round the clock shift duties, in operational plants and areas.
- Candidates selected against this advertisement are likely to be posted at Mysore / Mumbai but are liable to serve in any part of India and in any constituent units of the Department of Atomic Energy.
- Persons working under the Central / State Govt. / Public Sector Undertakings should submit their applications through proper channel. They may, however, send one advance copy of the BARC application along with enclosures as detailed above to the address given below.
- Candidates who will be appointed against this advertisement will be governed by the New Contributory Pension Scheme, which has come in to effect from 01.01.2004.
Traveling Allowance :
SC / ST candidates called for written Test / Driving test / interview for all the above Categories will be held in Mysore, will be paid Traveling Allowance as per rules. However, Traveling Allowance is not admissible to those SC / ST candidates who are already in Central / State Government services, Central / State Government Corporation, Public Undertakings, Local Government Institutions and Panchayats.
Reimbursement in the above cases will be restricted to the fare in respect of balance distance exceeding 30 Kms, both ways subject to production of ticket / tickets. If concessional Rail / Bus tickets are available, the reimbursement will be limited to Concessional return fare only.
Application Form for BARC Mysore Recruitment 2011 :
1. BARC 2011 Application should be submitted in the proforma given overleaf.
2. BARC Mysore Application should preferably be type written on thick foolscape paper. (Size 34 cms x 22 cms.
3. The BARC Recruitment Application and the outer cover should be superscribed as “BARC Recruitment Application for the Post of __________________________ against Advertisement No. 01/2011″.
4. Candidates must fill the application forms in Capital letters in his / her own handwriting in English or Hindi and should use as far as possible only international form of Indian numerals.
5. Photograph : A recent passport size photograph should be affixed on the right hand top corner of the application. One additional copy of the passport size photograph should also be sent along with the BARC application.
6. Copies of the Certificates : Candidates should submit along with their BARC Recruitment application attested Single Copy of certificates of :
a) Educational qualifications / experience and technical qualifications (supported by appropriate marks sheet indicating the subjects offered at the examination).
b) Date of Birth.
c) Copy of the Driving Licence (applicable for the candidates applied for the post of Driver).
d) Their claim that they belong to SC / ST / OBC community on the prescribed proforma applicable to Central Government Employees.
e) Valid Non-creamy Layer Certificate in the case of OBC candidates.
f) Certificate issued by the Competent Authorities regarding their claim that they belong to Ex-Servicemen / Physically Handicapped.
g) Domicile certificate (applicable for candidates, who domiciled in J & K during the period from 01.01.80 to 31.12.89.
h) Discharge Book / Certificate from Defence Service (in case of Exservicemen).
Applications which are not in conformity with the requirements indicated, filled in languages other than English or Hindi and which are not in the prescribed form size in foolscape (size: 34 cms x 22 cms) or are not accompanied by the attested copies of certificates & photographs will be strictly rejected. Mere fulfilling of requirements as laid down in the advertisement does not qualify a candidate for BARC Mysore Written Test / Driving Test / BARC Interview. No correspondence will be entertained with candidates not selected for Written test / Driving Test / Interview / appointment.
Completed BARC applications should be sent to the following address so as to reach not later than 28.01.2011.
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre,
Post Bag No. 01, Yelwal Post,
Mysore – 571 130
Government strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women candidates are encouraged to apply. Canvassing in any form shall be a disqualification.