Latest Recruitment in BARC 2011
Government of India,
Yelwal, Mysore – 571 130.
Last Date for Receipt of BARC Recruitment Applications : 28.01.2011
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre Applications are invited for the following post :
Name of the Post : Scientific Officer (D) / Technical Officer (D) (Structural Engineer)
No. of post : 1 (one) (UR)
Essential Qualification & Field of Experience :
B.Tech / B.E (Civil) with minimum 60% marks in the last examination with a minimum 4 years of experience or M.Tech / M.E (Civil) with minimum 60% marks in the last examination after B.Tech / B.E (Civil) with a minimum 2 years of experience in design & analysis of RCC framed structure industrial buildings with knowledge of computer aided design is essential. Construction experience will not be considered for eligibility criteria.
Important Notes :
1. The selected candidates may be appointed as either Scientific officer (D) / Technical officer (D) based on their educational qualifications and work experience.
2. The candidates recruited will have to undergo an orientation course during the probation period.
3. BARC Technical officers can take up the specified induction training as approved by the Competent Authority. On successful completion of the training they may be considered for track change to “Scientific Officer” at the time of next promotion.
Age Limit for BARC Recruitment 2011 : Maximum 35 years for scientific officer / D or Technical Officer / D as on 28.01.2011.
Relaxation in Upper Age Limit :
Relaxation in upper age limit of five years shall be admissible to all persons who had ordinarily been domiciled in Kashmir division of the state of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from the 1st day of January 1980 to 31st December 1989 as per rules subject to production of certificates from authorities designated.
Any person intending to avail this relaxation of age limit shall submit a certificate from
(a) The District Magistrate in the Kashmir Division Within whose jurisdiction he / she had ordinarily resided or
(b) any other Authority designated in the behalf by the Government of Jammu and Kashmir to the effect that he / she had ordinarily been domiciled in the Kashmir division of the state of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from 1st day of January 1980 to 31st day of December 1989.
Age relaxation in case of departmental candidates who are working in the same line / allied cadres and heaving substantial or extraordinary working knowledge as rules.
Age relaxation in the upper age limit will be admissible to children / family members of those who died in the 1984 riots. Age relaxation to Ex-servicemen will be as per govt. orders.
Selection Procedure for BARC Recruitment 2011 :
Only the screened-in applicant will be called for BARC interview, which will be held at BARC, Mysore. Appointment of selected candidates will be subject to their being declared medically fit by Medical Officer, BARC, Mysore.
Scale of pay and the Total Emoluments at the minimum of the scale are as follows :
Corresponding Pay Bands
Corresponding Grade Pay
Corresponding Bands Pay
Total Emoluments including DA / HRA / Transport Allowance etc. (Approx)
|Scientific Officer (D) / Technical officer (D)||15600-39100||6600/-||18750/-||40,335/-|
Candidates with additional relevant experience and good performance at the recruitment interview may be considered for grant of up to a maximum of 5 advance increments (Each increment is equal to 3% of Pay + Grade Pay).
In addition to pay indicated above, the selected candidates will be entitled for other allowances as admissible under Central Government Rules.
Additional Financial Benefits :
In addition to the normal pay and allowances, the employees of this department are entitled to attractive financial benefits under various incentive schemes. These benefits are provided in view of special S&T status of the Department and reviewed by the Government from time to time.
- This Research Centre reserve the right to restrict the number of candidates to be called for Interview depending upon the number of application received. In case the response is more, the screening will be restricted to those with higher percentage of marks. The decision of the Research Centre will be final and binding.
- The BARC Vacancies shown above are provisional and subject to the approval of Competent Authority and may not be filled up if decided otherwise in terms of the orders issued from Government from time to time. This Bhabha Atomic Research Centre Recruitment 2011 reserve the rights to fill up all the posts or alter the number of posts or even cancel the whole process for recruitment without assigning any reasons.
- Government strives to have a workforce, which reflects gender balance, and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Period of experience as prescribed in the advertisement will be determined with reference to the last date of receipt of application.
- Candidates selected against this advertisement are likely to be posted at Mysore but are liable to serve in any part of India and in any constituent units of the Department of Atomic Energy.
- Persons working under the Central / State Govt. / Public Sector Undertakings should submit their applications through proper channel. They may, however, send one advance copy of the application along with enclosures as detailed above to the address given below.
- Candidates who will be appointed against this advertisement will be governed by the New Contributory Pension Scheme, which has come in to effect from 01.01.2004.
Traveling Allowance :
The candidates called for BARC Interview from outstations will be eligible for to and fro rail fare by II sleeper class by shortest route or actual fare paid whichever is less.
Application Form for BARC Recruitment 2011 :
1. BARC Application should be submitted in the proforma given overleaf.
2. BARC Recruitment Application should preferably be type written on thick foolscape paper. (Size 34 cms x 22 cms.
3. The BARC application should be accompanied by non-refundable crossed Indian Postal order / Demand Draft of Rs. 200/- (Two Hundred) payable at Mysore drawn in favour of Pay & Accounts officer, BARC, Mysore. Candidate belonging to SC / ST communities, disabled Defence Service personnel and dependents of Defence Service personnel killed in action and ex-Servicemen and Physically handicapped are exempted from this requirement. Women candidates are also exempted from payment of the application fee.
4. The BARC Application and the outer cover should be super scribed as “BARC Application for the post of Scientific Officer (D) / Technical Officer (D) (Structural Engineer) against advertisement no. 02/2011”.
5. Candidates must fill the application forms in capital letters in his / her own handwriting in English or Hindi and should use as far as possible only international form of Indian numerals.
6. Photograph : A recent passport size photograph should be affixed on the right hand top corner of the application. One additional copy of the passport size photograph should also be sent along with the application.
7. Copies of the Certificates : Candidates should submit along with their application attested single copy of certificates of :
a) Educational qualifications / experience and technical qualifications (supported by appropriate marks sheet indicating the subjects offered at the examination).
b) Date of Birth.
c) Their claim that they belong to SC / ST community.
d) Non-creamy Layer Certificate in the case of OBC candidates.
e) Certificate issued by the Competent Authorities regarding their claim that they belong to Ex-Servicemen / Physically Handicapped.
f) Domicile certificate (applicable for candidates, who domiciled in J & K during the period from 01.01.80 to 31.12.89.
Applications which are not in conformity with the requirements indicated, filled in languages other than English or Hindi and which are not in the prescribed form size in full scape (size: 34 cms x 22 cms) or are not accompanied by the attested copies of certificates, photographs will be strictly rejected.
Mere fulfilling of requirements as laid down in the advertisement does not qualify a candidate for an interview. No correspondence will be entertained with candidates not selected for an BARC Interview / appointment.
Completed BARC applications should be sent to the following address so as to reach not later than 28.01.2011 by ordinary post only. Application by registered post / Speed post / Courier or any other mode will not be accepted.
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre,
Post Bag No. 01, Yelwal Post,
Mysore – 571 130.
Canvassing in any form shall be a disqualification.