Latest Recruitment in COD Jabalpur 2013
Central Ordnance Depot
Post Box No.- 20,
Jabalpur (MP) – 482 001.
1. Central Ordnance Depot applications in prescribed format are invited from eligible candidates (Indian Nationals) for the following posts. The last date of submission of Central Ordnance Depot application will be 21 days after publication of this advertisement in Employment News (dated on 08-14 June 2013). The Central Ordnance Depot Pay Band and specifications of the posts are as under :
|SI. No.||Designation of post||No. of Categories||Total||Pay Band|
|1.||LDC||14||04||04||04||02||-||01||26||5200-20200 + 1900|
|2.||SK||07||03||04||-||01||-||-||14||5200-20200 + 1900|
|3.||Fireman||03||01||01||-||-||-||-||05||5200-20200 + 1900|
|4.||Cook||02||01||-||-||-||-||-||03||5200-20200 + 1900|
|5.||Safaiwala||03||-||01||01||-||-||-||05||5200-20200 + 1800|
|6.||Messenger||03||01||-||01||-||-||-||05||5200-20200 + 1800|
|07||Labourer||17||-||-||16||03||01 (Deaf / Deaf & Dumb)||02||33||5200-20200 + 1800|
|8.||Viewer 'D' (Semi-Skilled)||03||01||-||01||-||-||-||05||5200-20200 + 1800|
|9.||Upholster (Skilled}||05||-||-||01||-||-||-||06||5200-20200 + 1900|
|10.||Turner (Skilled)||01||-||-||-||-||-||-||01||5200-20200 + 1900|
|11.||Tailor (Skilled)||01||-||-||-||-||-||-||01||5200-20200 + 1900|
|12.||Cycle Fitter (Semi-skilled)||01||-||-||-||-||-||-||01||5200-20200 + 1800|
|13.||Tent Mender (Skilled)||01||-||-||-||-||-||-||01||5200-20200 + 1900|
2. The Central Ordnance Depot Vacancies of Ex-serviceman, physically handicapped and meritorious sports person (WjSP) will be filled up first from any category and then be adjusted horizontally against respective categories.
Note : Gen / SC / ST / OBC / ESM / PHC means General / Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe / Other Backward Classes / Ex-Service Man / Physically handicapped respectively.
3. Place of Work : Central Ordnance Depot, Jabalpur (MP), subject to all India service liability.
4. General Conditions for Central Ordnance Depot Recruitment 2013 : All appointments are initially on temporary basis but likely to be permanent.
|1.||Labourer||(a) Matriculation or equivalent|
|2.||Viewer 'D' (Semi Skilled)||(a) Matriculation or equivalent|
|3.||Upholster (Skilled)||(a) Matriculation or equivalent.
(b) ITI Certificate in Trade or 3 years training or experience of actual work in the trade.
|4.||Turner (Skilled)||(a) Matriculation or equivalent.
(b) ITI Certificate in Trade or 3 years training or experience of actual work in a Govt, workshop or a Private Firm of repute.
|5.||Tailor (Skilled)||(a) Matriculation or equivalent.
(b) ITI Certificate in Trade or 3 years training or experience of actual work in the trade.
|6.||Cycle fitter (Semi Skilled)||(a) Matriculation or equivalent.|
|7.||Tent Mender (Skilled)||(a) Matriculation or equivalent|
|8.||Fireman||(a) Matriculation or equivalent.
(b) Must be phySically fit and capable of performing strenuous duties and mandatory to pass the test specified below
Physical Tests :
(i) Height without shoes - 165 cms provided that a concession of 2.5 cms in height shall be allowed for members of the Scheduled
(ii) Chest (Unexpanded) - 81.5 cms
(iii) Chest (on expansion) - 85 cms
(iv) Weight - 50 kgs (minimum)
Endurance Tests :
(i) Cafrying a man (Fireman lift of 63.5 kgs to a distance of 183 mtrs within 96 seconds,
(ii) Clearing 2.7 mtrs wide ditch and landing on both feet (long jump) at other end of ditch,
(iii) Climbing 3 mtrs of vertical rope using both hands and feet.
(a) Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent exam from recognized Board / university.
(b) Minimum speed of 35 words per minute in English typewriting on computer or 30 words per minute in Hindi typewriting on computer
|10.||Store Keeper||Essential : (a) Higher Secondary exam (10+2) or equivalent from recognized board / university.
Desirable : (b) Graduate of a recognised university.
|11.||Messenger||(a) Matriculation or equivalent.|
|12.||Cook||(a) Matriculation or equivalent.
(b) Must have knowledge of basic principles of Indian Cookery and experience in Cooking.
|13.||Safaiwala||(a) Matriculation or equivalent.
Desirable : Conversant with the duties of Safaiwala trade with one year experience in the trade.
5. Age limit for Central Ordnance Depot Recruitment 2013 :
(a) Gen / Unreserved – 18 to 25 years.
(b) SC / ST – 18 to 30 years.
(c) OBC – 18 to 28 years.
(d) Physically handicapped (PHC) – 18 to 35 years.
(e) Ex-serviceman – Age will be determined as present age, minus period of service rendered in Armed Forces plus three years and not to exceed 25 years.
(f) The crucial date for reckoning of age will be 21 days after publication of this advertisement in Employment News.
6. Nature of Central Ordnance Depot Tests :
- Central Ordnance Depot LDC – Written Test, Typing Test followed by Interview.
- SK – Written Test and Interview.
- Fireman – Written Test, Physical Test, Skill Test and thereafter interview.
- Labour – Written Test, Physical Test and thereafter Interview.
- Messenger / SW – Written Test, Physical Test and thereafter Interview.
- Cook / Viewer ‘D’ / Upholster / Turner / Tailor / Cycle Fitter / Tent Mender – Written Test, Physical Test and thereafter Interview.
Note : Candidates have to score minimum passing marks in each test to qualify for appearing in subsequent test.
7. The ST / SC / OBC candidates who apply against UR vacancies are not eligible for the age and other concessions meant for ST / SC / OBC.
8. Desirous Candidates fulfilling all essential conditions may submit their Central Ordnance Depot application to the following address in the prescribed format herein as under, alongwith following documents :
Central Ordnance Depot,
Jabalpur (NIP) Pincode – 482 001.
(a) Applications, to be fwd only as per prescribed format published. The Newspapers cuttings will not be entertained. Central Ordnance Depot Application to be submitted in A4 size paper.
(b) Photocopies of educational Certificates duly attested by Gazetted Officer. (Mark Sheet of qualifying examination ie Matriculation or others to be attached)
(c) Photocopy of discharge certificate (in case of Ex-serviceman) duly attested by a Gazetted Officer.
(d) Photocopy of documents in support of claim in age relaxation where applicable (ST / SC / OBC / Ex Serviceman / PH).
(e) Photocopy of Caste Certificate duly attested by a Gazetted Officer, (ST / SC / OBC).
(f) Three Coloured Photographs One colour passport size photo to be affixed on top of application (in photo column) duly attested by the Gazetted Officer. One passport size recent photograph to be pasted on acknowledgement card duly attested by the Gazetted Officer. One colour passport size with name and father’s name on the reverse for official use.
(g) A self addressed envelope duly affixed with postage stamp of 25/- to be attached with Central Ordnance Depot Application Form 2013.
(h) Character certificate issued by a Gazetted Officer (the date of Character certificate must not be earlier than six months from the day of publication of this advertisement in the Employment News).
(j) OBC candidates seeking reservation of OBC are required to submit a certificate regarding OBC and non-creamy layer status issued by civil authorities.
(k) Short listing of Central Ordnance Depot application, if required, will be made on the basis of Percentage obtained in essential qualification prescribed for the above posts. No weightage will be given for additional / higher qualifications.
(I) The games / sports which qualify meritorious sports persons for Consideration for appointment to group ‘C’ posts under central government should be covered under lists of games / sports issued by Govt, of India, Deptt of Pers & Trg, OM No. 14034/8/91-Estt-(D) dated Mar 1991.
(m) All meritorious sports persons should attach their sports certificate duly attested by a Gazetted Officer alongwith the Central Ordnance Depot Job application in prescribed format and other documents as applicable.
9. Commandant, Central Ordnance Depot, Jabalpur reserves the right to restrict the number of applicants called for selection process for any of the posts by fixing a cut off percentage of marks obtained in their minimum essential qualification prescribed for the posts.
10. The candidates not fulfilling any of the criteria will be rejected outright and no intimation will be given to them, The candidate who fulfils the criteria and whose application is correct in all respects will only be called for physical / written / interview test. The eligible short / listed candidates will be intimated by the post. No TA/DA will be admissible for the candidates for appearing in the physical / written / interview tests.
11. Central Ordnance Depot Written Examination will be conducted for all the categories commensurate to matriculation qualification.
12. Please note that merely fulfilling the basic selection does not automatically entitle a person to be called for physical / written / interview tests.
13. Commandant, Central Ordnance Depot will not be responsible for any injury, which may occur during the physical / written / interview tests.
14. All appointments are initially on temporary basis but likely to be made permanent.
15. The shortlisted candidates who qualify the physical tests on merit will be called for final written test (as per standard of minimum qualification prescribed in Recruitment Rules), Those who qualify Central Ordnance Depot written test will be called for Interview.
16. The number of posts / Central Ordnance Depot vacancies are tentative. The recruitment process can be cancelled / suspended / terminated by Commandant, Central Ordnance Depot, Jabalpur (MP) at any stage and his decision in this regard is final and no appeal will be entertained.
17. The date of tests will be communicated to all eligible candidates through acknowledgement card.
18. Special Instructions for Central Ordnance Depot Jobs 2013 :
(a) Central Ordnance Depot Recruitment Applications which are not in format as per annexure will be rejected.
(b) Unsigned / incomplete applications will be rejected.
(c) In the event of their failure to produce original / essential documents after physical tests, the candidature is liable to be rejected. Documents relating to essential education / higher education / technical qualifications / experience certificate will be checked after physical tests. The original caste certificate / character certificate / sports certificate / discharge certificate / disability certificate for handicapped as applicable will be checked after the physical tests.
(d) If a candidate produces false certificates then he will be disqualified / dismissed from service, if appointed inadvertently.
(e) Application should be made in either Hindi or English only.
(f) Separate application for each post should be applied for.
(g) Candidates may apply for only one category or reservation. In case candidate submits more than one application for the same post, the candidature is liable to be rejected.
(h) Overwriting / erasure / incorrect / incomplete information in Central Ordnance Depot application form will result in rejection of the application.
(j) Ail supported documents alongwith the application are to be attested by a Gazetted Officer.
(k) Right to accept / reject application rests with Commandant, Central Ordnance Depot, Jabalpur and it is further made clear that mere acceptance of application does not guarantee any appointment or any claim on the post.
(I) This depot will not be responsible for any postal delay.
19. A select panel equal to the number of Central Ordnance Depot vacancies notified and based on the performance of candidates in physical tests, written test and Central Ordnance Depot interview will be drawn up. All candidates on the select panel will be offered an appointment subject to medical examination and other mandatory requirements before actual appointment. The reserve panel will be drawn strictly as per merit only.
In case, if a candidate from the select panel refuses appointment or is disqualified, the reserved panel candidate will be considered only for the vacancies advertised in this publication. Under no circumstances the reserved panel will be carried fwd for the future vacancies in the same year or next year.
20. The envelope enclosing the application forms is to be boldly enfaced on top with CATEGORY ____ POST APPLIED FOR ____as the case may be in capital letters only.
For example CATEGORY – “GENERAL”,
POST APPLIED FOR “LABOURER”
21. Any attempt by any candidate to influence the selection process will result in disqualification of the candidate from taking any further part in the Central Ordnance Depot Selection Process 2013.