Various Recruitment in COD 2011
Govt of India,
Ministry of Defence,
Post Box No. 20,
Jabalpur (MP) – 482 001.
Last date for submission of Central Ordnance Depot Application Form : 21 February, 2011.
Applications are invited from eligible candidates (Indian Nationals) for the following Group ‘C’ posts. The pay band and specifications of the post are as under :
1. Number of Central Ordnance Depot Vacancies 2011 :
|SI. No.||Designation of Post||No. of Categories||Pay Band|
|Group ‘C’||Gen||SC||ST||OBC||ESM||PHC||Total||Pay Band + Grade Pay|
|(a)||Fireman||06||-||03||02||01||-||11||5200-20200 + 1900|
|(b)||CMD||01||-||-||-||01||-||01||5200-20200 + 1900|
|(c)||LDC||03||01||-||01||-||01 (OH)||05||5200-20200 + 1900|
|(d)||SK||03||02||-||-||-||-||05||5200-20200 + 1900|
(i) COD Vacancies reserved for Ex Service Man and physically handicapped (PHC) will be filled and adjusted against respective categories.
(ii) Gen / SC / ST / OBC / ESM / PHC means General / Schedule Caste / Schedule Tribe / Other Backward Class / Ex Service Man / Physically handicapped respectively.
2. Place of Work : Central Ordnance Depot, Jabalpur (MP) PIN – 908 772 C/O 56 APO, subject to All India service liability for the post at SI. No. (a) (b) (C) & (d).
3. General Conditions for COD Recruitment 2011 : All appointments are initially on temporary basis but likely to be permanent.
4. Central Ordnance Depot Jabalpur Eligibility : COD Recruitment rules specify the following eligibility Criteria :
|SI. No.||Trades||Compulsory Qualifications||Recruitment for PHC (Physically Handicapped)|
(b) Must be physically fit and capable of performing strenuous duties and mandatory to pass the test specified below :
Fireman Physical Test :
Endurance Test :
|(b)||CMD (OG)||Essential : Must possess civilian driving license for heavy vehicles and have two years experience of driving such vehicles.
Desirable : Matriculation or equivalent.
|(c)||LDC||(a) Matriculation or equivalent exam of recognized University / Board.
(b) Minimum Speed of 30 words per minute in English typewriting.
(c) Knowledge of Computer will be preferred.
|Recruitment for PHC (Phvsicallv Handicapped”)
Category of OH
BL – Both legs affected but not arms
Phvsical Requirement B.ST.W.F.L.
B – Work performed by bendingS
|(d)||Store Keeper||Essential for Store Keeper Jobs : Matriculation or equivalent.
Desirable : Graduate of a recognized University.
5. Age limit for Central Ordnance Depot Recruitment 2011 :
(a) For all the posts age limit is between 18 to 25 years. The SC / ST / OBC candidates who apply against General Posts will not be given any age and other concession meant for SC / ST / OBC. (The upper age limit is relaxable for SC/ST upto 5 years and for OBC upto 3 years)
(b) Physically handicapped (PHC) between 18 to 35 years.
(c) Age should not be more than maximum i.e. 25 years and less than the minimum prescribed age i.e. 18 years on the last date of receipt of application.
(d) Age limit for ex-serviceman will be determined as under : Present age minus (period of service rendered in Armed Force plus three years) not to exceed 25 years.
For example : Present Age 45 yrs minus(Army Service 20+03 yrs relaxation) = 45-23=22 yrs(should not exceed 25 yrs)
6. Nature of Test :
(a) LDC – Written Test, Typing Test and thereafter Interview.
(b) Store Keeper – Written Test and thereafter interview.
(c) CMD (OG) – Written Test, skills test and thereafter interview. @
(d) Fireman – Written Test, Physical Test, Skills Test and thereafter interview.
@ Candidates have to score minimum passing marks in each test to qualify for appearing in subsequent tests.
7. Date of COD Test / Interview :
(a) Will be intimated to eligible candidates individually. No TA / DA will be admissible to the candidate for appearing in the Test / COD Interview.
(b) If a large number of applications are received for any post, Commandant COD Jabalpur reserves the right to restrict the number of applicants for any of the post by fixing a cut of percentage of marks obtained in required minimum qualification or any other criteria as fixed in case no minimum educational qualification is prescribed. Commandant COD Jabalpur reserves the right to shortlist the applications on the basis of available vacancies and number of eligible applicants.
(c) Knowledge of computer is desirable for the post of LDC & Storekeeper.
(d) A select panel equal to the number of vacancies notified and based on the performance of candidates in physical test, interview will be drawn up. All candidates on the select panel will be offered an appointment subject to medical examination and other satisfactory requirements before actual appointment. The reserve panel will be drawn strictly as per merit only.
In case, if a candidate from the select panel refuses appointment or is disqualified. The reserve panel will not be prepared for any subsequent requirement i.e. additional vacancies in the same year or next year.
8. Central Ordnance Depot Jabalpur Application Form 2011 : Desirous candidates fulfilling the required terms and conditions may fwd application by post as per details given below :
(a) Applications to, be fwd only as per format published.
(b) Photocopies of birth, caste, educational certificates duly attested by Gazetted Officer be attached.
(c) Photocopy of Discharge certificate (if the candidate is an Ex-Serviceman)duly attested by a Gazetted Officer.
(d) Attach one passport size recent photograph duly attested by a Gazetted Officer with applicants name and fathers name written on reverse. One photo to be affixed on top of application (in photo column) duly attested by the Gazetted Officer.
(e) One envelope (self addressed) duly affixed with postage stamp of Rs. 5/-.
(f) Character certificate issued by a Gazetted Officer (the date of Character. certificate must not be earlier than 6 (six) months.
(g) Documents in support of claim for age relaxation.
9. Note :
(a) COD Recruitment Applications which are not in format as per annexure will be rejected.
(b) Unsigned / incomplete application will be rejected.
(c) In the event of their failure to produce original / essential documents after physical test the candidature is liable to be rejected. Documents relating higher / tech qualifications / experience certificate will be checked after physical test.
(d) If a candidate produces false certificates then he will be disqualified / dismissed from service if appointed.
(e) Application should be made in either Hindi or English only.
(f) Separate application for each post should be applied for.
(g) Candidates may apply for only one category or reservation. In case candidate submits more than one application for the same post, the candidature is liable to be rejected.
(h) Overwriting / erasure / incorrect / incomplete information in application form will result in rejection of the COD application.
(j) All copies of documents to be attested by a Gazetted Officer, (k) Registration of application does not guarantee of employment.
10. Last date of submission of COD Recruitment application is 21 Feb 2011 (Application recd after 21Feb 2011 will not be entertained.)
11. Commandant COD Jabalpur, will not be responsible for any postal delay, any injury which may occur during the physical test / endurance test and any other injury, which may occur during the process of testing / selection.
12. Central Ordnance Depot Application alongwith the above supporting documents are to be fwd by post at the following address :
“Recruitment Cell”, C/o CCME,
Central Ordnance Depot
Post Box No : 20, PIN – 908 772,
C/O 56 APO Jabalpur (MP) – 482 001.
13 The envelope enclosing the application forms is to be boldly enfaced on top with “GEN / SC / ST / OBC / ESM / PHC Candidate Application for Fireman / CMD(OG) / LDC / SK” as the case may be in capital letters only.
14. The number of posts / Central Ordnance Depot vacancies are tentative. The Central Ordnance Depot Recruitment process can be cancelled / suspended / terminated by the Commandant COD Jabalpur without assigning any reasons at any stage. The decision of the Commandant, COD Jabalpur is final and no appeal will be entertained.
15. Any attempt by any candidate to influence the selection process will result in disqualification of the candidate from taking any further part in the Central Ordnance Depot selection process.