Recruitment in Central Ordnance Depot 2010
Commandant Central Ordnance Depot PIN-900483,
Ministry of Defence,
C/O 56 APO Dehu Road,
Pune – 412 101.
Applications are invited from Indian Nationals for the following posts. The scale of pay and specifications of the posts are given below :
|SI. No.||Designation of post||No. of COD Vacancies 2010||Central Ordnance Depot Pay Scales|
|(a)||LDC||07||04||-||02||01||02||13@||Rs.5200-20200 + Grade Pay Rs.1900|
|(b)||Storekeeper||05||04||-||01||01||01||10#||Rs.5200-20200 + Grade Pay Rs.1900|
|(c)||Painter||02||01||-||-||-||-||03||Rs.5200-20200 + Grade Pay Rs.1900|
|(d)||Fitter||01||01||-||01||-||-||03**||Rs.5200-20200 + Grade Pay Rs.1900|
|(e)||Carpenter||01||-||-||-||-||-||01||Rs.5200-20200 + Grade Pay Rs.1900|
|(f)||Sawyer||-||01||-||-||-||-||01||Rs.5200-20200 + Grade Pay Rs.1900|
|(g)||Packer||-||01||-||-||-||-||01||Rs.5200-20200 + Grade Pay Rs.1900|
[@ - Vacancies reserved for Ex-Servicemen (02) and Physically Handicapped (Visually Handicapped) (VH) (01) will be filled first and adjusted against respective categories.]
[# - Vacancies reserved for Ex-Servicemen (01) and Physically Handicapped (Hearing Handicapped) (HH) (01) will be filled first and adjusted against respective categories.]
[** - Fitter post includes 02 Fitter of Gen Mech trade and 01 Fitter of Auto Elect trade.]
2. Central Ordnance Depot Recruitment 2010 Eligibility : As per COD Recruitment rules qualification for these posts are as under :
|SI. No.||Trades||Qualification for COD Pune Recruitment 2010|
|(a)||LDC||(i) Matriculation or equivalent.
(ii) Minimum speed of 30 WPM in English typewriting provided that a person not possessing the said qualification in typing may be appointed subject to the conditions that he / she will not be eligible for drawing increment in the pay scale or confirmation in the grade till acquiring speed 30 WPM in typewriting.
|(b)||Storekeeper||lntermediate / HSC / 10 + 2.|
|(c)||Painter||Matriculation or equivalent and ITI in the trade or three years experience in the trade.|
|(d)||Fitter||Matriculation or equivalent and ITI in the trade or three years experience in the trade.|
|(e)||Carpenter||Matriculation or equivalent and ITI in the trade or three years experience in the trade.|
|(f)||Sawyer||Matriculation or equivalent and ITI in the trade or three years experience in the trade.|
|(g)||Packer||Matriculation or equivalent and ITI in the trade or three years experience in the trade.|
Note : For Preliminary test for above mentioned posts, requirement given below.
3. Age Limit for Central Ordnance Depot Jobs 2010 :
(a) For all posts : Between 18 yrs to 25 years (upper ape limit is relaxable for OBC up to 03 years, for SC / ST 05 years and for PH 10 years).
(b) Age limit for Ex-Servicemen of Armed Forces will be determined as under : “Present age minus (period of service rendered in Armed Forces plus 03 years) not to exceed 25 years”.
(c) Candidates who applied for the post of LDC earlier in response to the COD advertisement notice published in Employment News and local news Lokmat, Indian Express and Times of India dated 30 Aug., 2008, may also report for the test / interview on the date and place given hereunder directly along with testimonials. No separate call letters will be issued. Age criteria in this case will be the last date prescribed for receipt of Central Ordnance Depot Application in the original advertisement.
4. The crucial date for determination of age will be 06 Sep 2010 (first day of commencement of central ordnance depot recruitment process) for all categories / posts.
5. Commandant, COD, Dehu Road will not be responsible for any injury which may occur during the process of tasting / selection.
6. Place of Work : Central Ordnance Depot, Dehu Road, Pune – 412 101 (Maharashtra) (Subject to All India Service Liability)
7. General Conditions for Central Ordnance Depot Pune Recruitment 2010 : All appointments are initially on temporary basis but likely to be made permanent.
Conduct of Central Ordnance Depot Test 2010 / COD Interview 2010 :
8. No TA / DA will be admissible to the candidates for appearing in the test / interview.
9. Commandant, COD, Dehu Road reserves right to restrict the number of Central Ordnance Depot Application for any of the posts by fixing a cut off percentage of marks obtained in the minimum required qualification or any other criteria as fixed in case no minimum educational qualification is prescribed.
10. Place of Test / Interview : Central Ordnance Depot, Dehu Road, Pune – 412 101 (Maharashtra).
11. Time : 0800 hours for all categories and posts on all dates. Candidates arriving after 0800 hours will not be allowed to participate in Test / Interview.
12. Date of Short listing / Preliminary Test :
(a) LDC : 06 Sep 2010 at 0800 hours.
(b) Storekeeper : 07 Sep 2010 at 0800 hours.
(c) Tradesmen : 08 Sep 2010 at 0800 hours (Painter, Fitter, Carpenter, Sawyer & Packer).
Candidates qualifying in said test will only be allowed to appear in further written test and practical test to judge efficiency in final test.
13. (a) All eligible candidates for the post of LDC / Storekeeper will be short listed through a screening / written test (Max 10 candidates for one post). Only short listed candidates who fulfill the criteria in terms of upper age limit, Min essential qualification / experience prescribed in the recruitment rules will be called for the final written test as per standard of minimum qualification prescribed in recruitment rules, and only those who have qualified in COD Written Test will be called for personal interview and typing test (Typing test for LDCs only).
(b) A select panel equal to the number of COD Vacancies notified and based on the performance of candidates in the written test, interview and typing (where applicable) will be drawn up. All candidates on the select panel will be offered an appointment subject to medical fitness on medical examination and other satisfactory requirements before actual appointment. The reserve panel will be operated strictly as per merit only in case a candidate from the select panel refuses appointment or is disqualified. The reserve panel will not be operated for any subsequent central ordnance depot recruitment i.e., additional vacancies in the same year or next year.
Procedure for Central Ordnance Depot Recruitment 2010 :
14. Desirous candidates fulfilling the required terms and conditions will report to Commandant, Central Ordnance Depot, Dehu Road or his representative along with two copies of applications (as per format given and the following documents at 08.00 hours at COD, Dehu Road, Pune on the dates given above.
(a) Photocopies of Birth, Caste, and Educational Certificates duly attested by Gazetted Officer and attached with the application.
(b) Photocopy of discharge certificate (if candidate is an Ex-Serviceman).
(c) Bring two passport size recent photographs duly attested by Gazetted Officer and with name and father’s name written on reverse. One additional photo to be affixed on the right top comer of application duly attested by a Gazetted Officer.
(d) Documents in support of claim of age relaxation.
(e) Documents in support of claim of physically handicapped.
(f) Character Certificate issued by a Gazetted Officer on/or after 06 May 2010.
(g) The SC / ST / OBC candidates who apply against UP. vacancies are not eligible for the age and other concessions meant for SC / ST / OBC.
(h) OBC candidates seeking reservations of OBC are required to submit a certificate regarding OBC and Non-Creamy Layer status issued by Civil authorities. ST candidates may submit caste validity certificate.
- Central Ordnance Depot Application Form should be as per the format published in the advertisement,
- Separate COD application be brought for each post candidates wish to compete for.
- Incorrect / incomplete information in the application will render the application invalid,
- All copies of documents to be attested only by a Gazetted Officer.
15. The number of posts / Central Ordnance Depot Vacancies are tentative. The Central Ordnance Depot Recruitment Process can be cancelled / suspended / terminated by Commandant, COD, Dehu Road at any stage and his decision in this regard is final and no appeal will be entertained.
16. Any attempt by any candidate to influence the selection process may result in disqualification of the candidates from taking further part in the Central Ordnance Depot Selection Process.