COD Recruitment 2011
Ministry of Defence,
Central Ordnance Depot COD Applications from eligible candidates are invited for the posts as indicated below.
COD Recruitment Application Forms duly completed should reach the Commandant COD Chheoki within 25 days from the date of publication (Employment Newspaper 11-17 December 2010).
1. Details of posts as under :
Name of Post
No. of posts
Pay Band and Grade Pay
Categories Physically Handicapped
|1.||Lower Division Clerk (LDC)||02||5200 - 20200 and Grade Pay 1900||1. Matriculation or equivalent examination of recognized University / Board.|
2. Speed of not less than 30 words per minute in typewriting in English or 25 words per minute in typewriting in Hindi. Physically Handicapped will be relaxed subject to production of certificate of Civil Surgeon or equivalent that the said handicapped person is not in a condition to be able to type.
|-||01||-||01 (for Visually / Hearing handicapped only)||-||01|
|2.||Fireman||23||5200 - 20200 and Grade Pay 1900||1. Matriculation or equivalent examination of recognized University / Board.|
2. Must be physically fit and capable of performing strenuous duties and must have passed the test specified below :
(i) Height without shoes - 165 cms
(ii) Chest - 81.5 cms (un-expanded)
(iii) Chest - 85 cms (on-expansion)
(iv) Weight - 50 Kg
Min. Endurance Test :
(a) Carrying a man (Fireman lift) of 63.5 Kgs to a distance of 183 meter within 96 seconds.
(b) Clearing 2.7 meter wide ditch landing on both feet (long jump)
(c) Climbing 3 meters vertical rope using hands and feet.
Note : This post is purely for Male candidates. Physical fitness is essential instead of certificates of any institutions.
|3.||Civilian Motor Driver (Ordinary Grade)||05||5200 - 20200 and Grade Pay 1900||Essential for Civilian Motor Driver Jobs : |
(a) Must possess the civilian driving license,
(b) 2 years experience of driving of such vehicles
Desirable for Civilian Motor Driver Vacancies 2011 :
Matriculation or equivalent.
2. COD Recruitment Age Limit :
(a) The post of LDC and Fireman
- Un-reserved : 18 years to 25 years,
- OBC : 18 years to 28 years
- SC : 18 years to 30 years.
- Ex-Servicemen : Present age minus (period of service rendered in the Army plus three years not to exceed 25 years, applicable for the post of Fireman)
- Physically Handicapped : 18 years to 35 years (upto 38 years for OBC) (applicable for the post of LDC)
(b) The post of Civilian Motor Driver (Ordinary Grade)
- Un-reserved : 18 years to 27 years,
- OBC : 18 years to 30 years
- SC : 18 years to 32 years
3. Place of Examination : Central Ordnance Depot, Chheoki, Allahabad
4. Normal Conditions :
(a) Selection will be made as per existing rules and regulations applicable in the Department.
(b) Central Ordnance Depot Vacancies may vary subject to the availability of post or change in PE.
(c) COD Application will be acceptable only by “Registered” or “Speed Post”. No application through courier or by hand or by normal post will be accepted.
(d) Central Ordnance Depot 2011 Application Form received after due date will not be accepted.
(e) Persons with disability will be provided equal opportunity to compete for the unreserved vacancies.
(g) Central Ordnance Depot Admit card of the candidate will be forwarded to the address as mentioned by the candidate on envelope enclosed with application form.
(h) On final selection, the candidate will be liable for All India Service Liabilities.
(i) No extra weightage will be given for any additional higher qualification other than the prescribed rules.
(j) There will be ratio of marks of 60:20:20 for written examination, typing test and interview respectively for LDC and 40:40:20 for written examination, physical / practical test & Interview respectively for Fireman and Civilian Motor Driver.
(k) The number of candidates will be restricted to ten times of number of vacancies for COD Interview.
5. Address and last date for submission of COD Application Form :
- Commandant, Central Ordnance Depot, Chheoki, Allahabad – 212 105.
- Last date for receipt of COD Recruitment Application within 25 days from the date of publication in Employment News dated 11-17 December, 2010.
6. Important Instructions for Central Ordnance Depot Recruitment 2011 :
(a) The candidate should apply only on prescribed format given with this notification, Incomplete / faulty / other than prescribed format application will not be entertained,
(b) On top of envelope post for which the candidate applying should be mentioned in block capital letters. For e.g. for post of Fireman (GEN / OBC / Physically Handicapped),
(c) For correspondence by registry, candidate should attach an envelope with application form on which name and corresponding address along with Pin No. of the candidate should be written and postal stamp worth 24/- should be pasted thereon,
(d) A candidate merely fulfilling the basic selection criterion is not automatically entitled to be called for COD Test / Central Ordnance Depot Interview,
(e) Central Ordnance Depot Syllabus for LDC – General English, General Math and General Knowledge and for technical posts – Practical and written examination of related post,
(f) Meritorious sports persons. Meritorious exports persons should be in possession of certificate of the competition awarded by the following authorities :
- International Competition – Secretary of the Natinal Federation of the game concerned,
- National Competition – Secretary of the National Federation OR Secretary of the State Association’ of the game concerned,.
- Inter University Tournament – Dean of Sports OR Other officer in overall charge of sports of the University concerned,
(g) Mode of Central Ordnance Depot Examination 2011 : The question paper-cum-answer sheet will be bilingual (both in English and Hindi) except the paper of General English. The candidature of candidate will be automatically rejected on using anti-language in written examination other than the language mentioned in COD Recruitment application form.