Andhra Pradesh Prohibition & Excise Constable Recruitment 2012 Selection Process
The applicants have to undergo three stages of tests.
Preliminary Qualifying Test for Excise Constable Recruitment in Andhra Pradesh 2012 :
The PQT constitutes a ‘ run ’ of 4 km for men and 2 km for women. The men have to complete the run within 20 minutes and the women within 13 minutes. Since PQT is a qualifying test only, no marks will be awarded. The candidates qualified in PQT will be acknowledged with a date, time and venue to appear for PET.
Constable Physical Efficiency Test for Andhra Pradesh Excise Department 2012 :
PET constitutes two levels of scrutiny and five events of physical tests. The 1st level of scrutiny is Physical Measurement Test and the candidates who possess required physical measurements as illustrated at para 2 will be allowed to the second level of scrutiny i.e., the verification of certificates. After the scrutiny of bonafides, the qualified candidates will be allowed to undergo PET as follows ( 5 events for men and 3 events for women ). They have to clear all the events. If any candidate gets disqualified in any of these events, he / she will not be allowed to participate in rest of events and no request of another chance to participate ’ will be entertained.
|Sl. No||Item / Events||Qualifying Time / Distance for Men ( 5 Events )||Qualifying Time / Distance for Women ( 3 Events )|
|1||100 meters run||15.0 seconds||18.0 seconds|
|2||High Jump||1.20 meters||-|
|3||Long Jump||3.80 meters||2.75 meters|
|4||Shot put||7.26 kgs / 5.60 meters||4 kgs / 4.5 meters|
|5||800 meters Run||2 minutes 50 seconds||-|
Andhra Pradesh Excise Constable Written Test 2012 :
The candidates who qualify in the Constable Physical Efficiency Test will have to appear for a Andhra Pradesh Excise Constable Written Test, which will consist of 100 objective questions ( to be answered in 2 hours ). The breakup of total 100 questions, for the Constable written test is as given below :
|Part – I : General Aptitude|
|A. Numerical Ability||25 marks|
|B. Reasoning Ability||25 marks|
|Part – II : General Knowledge|
|A. Section :
Andhra Pradesh History & Geography
|B. Section :
Civics and Current Affairs
|C. Section :
General Instructions for Andhra Pradesh Prohibition & Excise Constable Recruitment 2012 :
1. The candidates must note that his / her admission to the Andhra Pradesh Excise Constable examination is strictly provisional. The mere fact that the candidate is allowed to write the Andhra Pradesh Constable examination does not imply that his / her candidature has been finally cleared by the District Selection Committee or that the entries made by the candidate in his / her application have been accepted by the District Selection Committee as true and correct.
2. The applicant must compulsorily fill up all the relevant columns of the application and submit Andhra Pradesh Excise Constable application online only.
3. The Andhra Pradesh Constable Recruitment 2012 application received online in the prescribed format shall only be considered. There is no other mode of Andhra Pradesh Excise Constable Vacancy 2012 application than Online. Paper application will not be accepted.
4. The applicants need not upload any certificates.
5. The candidate shall furnish a color pass port size photograph duly signed which he / she submitted online at the time of PET. Failure to produce the same photograph at the time of Andhra Pradesh Constable interview / verification may lead to disqualification. Hence the candidates are advised not to change the photograph till the AP Excise Constable recruitment process is completed.
6. The candidates who are participating in PQT and PET are taking part at their own risk and solely responsible for any consequences arising during such period and after the tests as well.
7. The candidates are advised to get themselves medically examined by a certified doctor, so as to ensure their medical fitness, to participate in PQT and PET.
8. The candidates shall bring original certificates along with one set of attested copies for verification at the time of PMT / PET, failing which he will not be allowed.
9. The candidates should go through the instructions given on the cover page of test booklet and carefully write his / her Registration Number ( Regn. No. ), Centre etc., in the Answer Sheet, which will be provided to him / her in the AP Excise Constable examination hall.
10. Since the answer sheets are to be scanned ( valued ) with Optical Mark Reading system, the candidates have to use Ball Pen ( black or blue ink only ) for marking the answers and bring smooth writing pad to fill up relevant columns on the Answer Sheet. The candidate must ensure encoding the Subject, Regn. No. etc., on the OMR Answer sheet correctly, failing which the answer sheet will be rejected and will not be valued.
11. The Candidates should satisfy the invigilator of his identity with reference to the signature and photograph. The candidates claiming candidature under 2.5.3 must produce the AP Excise Constable hall ticket or interview call letter as an evidence.
12. The candidates should occupy their allotted seats 30 minutes before the commencement of the Andhra Pradesh Constable examination and will not to be allowed into the examination hall after commencement of the AP Constable examination. They should not leave the examination hall till expiry of full time. The candidates will not be allowed to use calculators in the examination hall. Loaning and interchanging of articles among the candidates are not permitted in the Andhra Pradesh Excise Constable examination hall. Cell phones and other electronic gadgets are not allowed in the examination hall and candidates in possession of these will be liable for disqualification.
13. The Candidates are expected to behave in orderly and disciplined manner while writing the AP Constable examination. If any candidate takes away Answer sheet, the candidature will be rejected and in case of impersonation / disorderly / unruly behavior during AP Constable Written Examination, necessary criminal proceedings will be initiated, apart from disqualifying for any recruitment test, current or in future.
Candidates trying to use unfair means shall be disqualified from the selection. No correspondence whatsoever will be entertained from the candidates. The candidature and conditions specified here are subject to latest rules / orders, which may come into force during the process of AP Excise Constable recruitment 2012.
14. The District Selection Committee would be analyzing the responses of a candidate with those of other candidates to detect patterns of similarity. If it is suspected that the responses have been shared and the scores obtained are not genuine / valid, the District Selection Committee reserves the right to cancel his / her candidature and to invalidate the answer sheet.
15. If the candidate noticed any discrepancy printed on Hall ticket as to community, date of birth etc., they must immediately bring the same to the notice of the District Selection Committee Official / Chief Superintendent of the exam centre and necessary corrections be made in the Nominal Roll for being verified by the District Selection Committee Office.
16. The candidates shall attend the tests on the allotted date only. He will not be allowed to participate on any other date.
17. The candidates are advised to be beware of touts.
18. The District Selection Committee reserves the right to create centers for examination and also to call the candidates for the test at any other centre.