Latest Recruitment in WCR Railway 2011
Government of India,
Ministry of Railways,
Railway Recruitment Cell,
Nehru Railway Colony, Howbagh
Jabalpur (MP) – 482 001,
Website : www.wcr.indianrailway.gov.in.
Date of Issue of WCR Railway Recruitment 2011 is 15.12.2010.
Closing Date & Time of WCR Railway Recruitment 2011 Application form is 14.02.2011 18.00 hrs.
Name of posts and vacancies for which recruitment is to be conducted along with community wise breakup is as follows :
|1.||Trackman / Keyman||B-1||727||389||216||108||1440|
|2.||Gateman / Trolleyman||A-3||27||14||8||4||53|
|5.||Helper-S & T||B-1||32||17||10||5||64|
|6.||Trolleyman-S & T||A-3||3||1||1||0||5|
|9.||Parcel Porter / D / Porter / Scale Porter||C-1||15||8||4||2||29|
|13.||Call Boy / Box Boy||C-1||3||2||1||1||7|
|15.||Running Room Baira / WRA / RRA||C-2||3||2||1||0||6|
Note : The physically handicapped candidates will be posted against the posts suitable for such candidates as identified by Railway Ministry. The description of posts reserved for PH candidates as given above may not be exhaustive.
- The vacancies indicated above are tentative and may be changed category / community wise at any stage of recruitment.
- The vacancies shown above for PH categories are not separate but included in the total number of vacancies.
- This notification does not include vacancies for Ex-Serviceman, because a separate notification No. 4/10 dated 04/12/2010 for 956 vacancies has already been issued for Ex-serviceman.
- SC – Scheduled Caste
- ST – Scheduled Tribe
- OBC -Other Backward Classes
- UR – Unreserved
- Ex-SM – Ex Serviceman
- RRC – Railway Recruitment Cell
- WCR – West Central Railway
- AF – Application Form
- PET – Physical Efficiency Test
- W/S – Workshop
- PH- Physically Handicapped
- OH – Orthopaedically Handicapped.
- HH – Hearing Handicapped.
- SRE – Serving Railway Employee
- S & T – Signal & Telecom.
3. Educational Qualification : Minimum 10 th Class Pass or ITI or equivalent. Those candidates who are appearing in and/or awaiting results of final examination of class 10th or ITI or equivalent are not eligible. Academic qualification must be from recognized Educational Institution / Board, otherwise candidature will be rejected. Candidates having higher
educational qualification may also apply.
4. Age Limit Including Relaxation Provisions :
4.1 For all the above vacancies, the age limit will be 18 to 33 years and will be reckoned as on 01.01.2011.
4.2 The upper age limit will be relaxed as under, subject to the production of requisite certificates.
i) By five years for SC / ST and by Three years for OBC candidates in possession of valid certificate issued by the appropriate authority.
ii) By Ten years (15 years for SC / STs and 13 years for OBCs) for persons with disability in possession of valid disability certificate issued by medical board duly constituted by the central or state government.
iii) Serving Railway Employees including Casual laborers or substitutes, if any, working in Railways who have put in a minimum of Three years service will be given age relaxation upto overall age limit of 40, 43 & 45 years in case of General, OBC and SC / ST candidates, respectively.
iv) In case of staff of Quasi Administrative Offices of Railway Organisation such as Railway Canteens, Railway Institutes and Railway Co-operative societies who have put in 3 years service, relaxation of age will be given to the extent of service rendered by them subject to a maximum of 05 years.
v) Widows and Divorced women who have judicially separated from their husbands and not remarried, will be given relaxation in age up to 35, 38 and 40 years in case of General, OBC and SC / ST candidates, respectively.
vi) Relaxation of FIVE years will be given to the candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the Kashmir division of the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from the 1 st day of Jan.,’80 to the 31 st day of Dec.,’89, subject to production of a residential certificate from the competent authority of the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
vii) The upper age limit is relaxable for Ex-servicemen up to the extent of service rendered in Defence Forces plus 3 years provided they have put in a minimum of 6 months attested service. Ex-Servicemen who have already joined the Govt. service on civil side after availing of other benefits given to them as Ex-servicemen for further employment cannot claim Ex-Servicemen status for the purpose of this recruitment and such a person will be deemed to be civil employee and will accordingly be entitled to only such of the benefits like relaxation of age etc. as admissible to Civil Employees. Sons / Daughters / Wards of Ex-servicemen are not eligible to apply for the posts reserved for Ex-servicemen.
viii) No age relaxation is allowed to SC / ST / OBC candidates applying against unreserved posts. They will have to compete with UR candidates.
4.3 Proof of Age
- Birth Certificate issued by appropriate authority or
- A certificate issued by educational authority for VIII standard or
- Matric certificate issued by recognized Board or equivalent or
- School leaving certificate counter signed by Inspector of Schools / District Educational Officer etc.
Physically Handicapped Persons :
(A) Definition of the Physically Handicapped Person for the purpose of this recruitment.
(i) Hearing Handicapped (HH) - Loss of 60 (sixty) decibels or more in the better ear in the conversation range of frequencies.
(ii) Orthopaedically Handicapped (OH)
- Locomotor Disability : Disability of the bones, joints or muscles leading to substantial restriction of the movement of the limbs or any form the cerebral palsy.
- Cerebral palsy : A group of non-progressive condition of a person characterized by abnormal motor control posture resulting from brain insult or injuries occurring in the prenatal, peri-natal or infant period of development.
(iii) Visually Handicapped (VH)
Blindness : Blindness refers to a condition where a person suffers from any of the following conditions, namely :
- Total absence of sight or
- Visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 (snellen) in the better eye with correcting lense.
- Limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of 20 degrees or worse.
Low Vision : “Person with low vision” means a person with impairment of visual functioning even after treatment or standard refractive correction but who uses or is potentially capable of using vision for the planning or execution of a task with appropriate assistive device.
(B) Degree of Disability : Only such persons would be eligible for recruitment under vacancies reserved for PH candidates who suffer from not less than 40% of relevant disability. If the disability is less than 40%, the candidate will be treated as normal candidate provided he / she fulfills all other conditions of this employment notice. Candidate should submit disability certificate issued by the competent authority (i.e. medical board duly constituted by Central Government or a State Government.).
(C) The physically handicapped Persons are eligible for appointment in the categories identified suitable for physically handicapped Persons.