South Western Railway Mysore Recruitment 2014
South Western Railway,
Chief Workshop Manager,
Mysore – 570008.
Applications are invited from ITI candidates in relevant trade who desire to undergo training as Act Apprentice at Central Workshops, South Western Railway, Mysore South.
The engagement of trainees will be made on the basis of the following designated trades.
SWR Central Workshop Mysore Vacancy 2014 :
No. of Slots
Training period as per Apprentice Act 1961
Reservation break up
|07||PASAA *||020||01 year||010||05||03||02||020|
* Programming and System Administration Assistant.
Note 1 : There are 08 candidates having “ SCVT “ certificate and have been engaged for two years training. Hence notification is for 278 duly deducting 08 slots out of allotted slots of – 286.
Note 2 : Out of 278 slots, 3% slots are reserved for Person with Disability candidates & 3 % for wards of Ex – Servicemen Respectively. The eligibility conditions for PWD & Ex – Serviceman Quota candidates are indicated at Para (1) on page – 2.
Eligibility for Person with Disability :
a) 3 % of total No. of Apprentices to be trained is reserved for Person with Disability Quota. Person with Disablity under the following physical standards as per the provisions of Schedule – II of Apprenticeship manual and Railway Board’s letter No. E ( MPP ) 2003 / 6 / 14 dated 09th December, 2003.
b) Standards of fitness for the Persons with Disability Candidates : Only Loco motor or Cerebral palsy ( OH ) who suffers from not less than 40% of relevant disability and Hearing Handicapped having 60 decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequency are eligible to apply.
c) (i) For Loco motor or Cerebral palsy ( PWD ) :
- Fitter : Lower limb partially damaged from one side can join.
- Turner : Lower limb partially damaged from one side can join.
- Machinist : Only small finger damaged can join.
- Welder : A person without leg and without three finger of one hand can be accommodated.
- Electrician : Partially lower limb can be accommodated.
- Painter : One upper and Lower limb partially damaged.
- PASAA : Both lower limbs damaged.
(ii) Low Vision : “Person with low vision” means a person with impairment of visual functioning even after treatment or standard refractive correction but who uses or is potentially capable of using vision for the planning or execution of a task with appropriate assistive device , as envisaged in para 511 (7) (ii) (a), (b) & (c) of IRMM – 2000.
d) A Person with Disability who wants to avail the benefit of reservation would have to submit a disability certificate issued by a competent authority ( i.e. Medical Board constituted by the Central or State Government ).
e) Eligibility for wards of Ex – Servicemen :
- Children of deceased / disabled Ex – Servicemen including those killed / disabled during peace time.
- Children of Ex – Servicemen.
- Children of serving jawans.
- Children of serving officers.
- Ex – Servicemen.
SWR Central Workshop Vacancies Age Limit 2014 :
Candidate should have completed 15 years of age and should not to have completed 24 years of age as on 14th July, 2014.
- OC : Candidates should born between 14th July, 1990 and 13th July, 1999.
- SC / ST : Candidates should born between 14th July, 1985 and 13th July, 1999.
- OBC : Candidates should born between 14th July, 1987 and 13th July, 1999.
There will be an Upper age relaxation of 05 years for SC / ST & 03 Years for OBC candidates.
SWR Mysore Recruitment Educational Qualification 2014 :
“Matriculation ( Class 10 ) pass on 10 + 2 system or its equivalent with ITI approved by NCVT / SCVT in the relevant trade”.
Training period & rate of stipend :
Rate of Stipend
|All other Trades - NCVT||One year||2800/- per month|
|For Welder & PASAA Trade - NCVT||One Year||2400/- per month|
|All other Trades||Ist Year||2400/- ( SCVT ) Per Month|
|IInd Year||2800/- ( SCVT ) Per Month|
|Weld and PASSA||Ist Year||2100/- ( SCVT ) Per Month|
|IInd Year||2400/- ( SCVT ) Per Month|
SWR Central Workshop Mysore Application Form 2014 :
- The SWR Central Workshop Mysore Recruitment Applications in the prescribed Proforma should be filled in the relevant columns with ball point pen in foolscap paper.
- The SWR Central Workshop Mysore Recruitment Application Form 2014 should be accompanied with two self addressed covers – size 11” x 5” ( SC / ST and PH candidates are exempted from enclosing self addressed cover ).
- Two recent passport size photographs should accompany the SWR Central Workshop Mysore Recruitment Application Form 2014 duly signed across by the candidate and attested by the Gazetted Officer.
- One Photograph should be affixed on the SWR Central Workshop Mysore Recruitment Application Form 2014 in the space provided and another on the Call letter.
- All Certificates i.e. Birth Certificate, Educational / Technical qualification, Caste Certificate etc. should be signed and attested by the Gazetted Officer of Central or State Government with their Office Seal, Otherwise SWR Central Workshop Mysore Recruitment Application Form 2014 will be rejected.
Submit SWR Central Workshop Application Form 2014 :
The SWR Central Workshop Mysore Recruitment 2014 Applications filled in all respects can either be dropped in the Box kept in the Personnel Branch, Office of the Chief Workshop Manager, South Western Railway, Mysore South in all the working days i.e. from Monday to Saturday between 10:00 to 17:00 hrs ( Saturday upto 13:00 hrs ) or send by Ordinary Post to the address of : The Chief Workshop Manager, Central Workshops, South Western Railway, Manandawadi road, Mysore – 570008. duly super scribing on the Cover as “Application for engagement as Act Apprentices ( Ex. ITI ). The SWR Central Workshop Mysore Recruitment Application Form 2014 received through SPEED / REGISTERD Post will not be accepted.
South Western Railway Mysore Applicaton Form Last Date 2014 :
The last date for submission of SWR Central Workshop Mysore Recruitment Application Form 2014 is 18th August, 2014 up to 17:00 hrs. SWR Central Workshop Mysore Recruitment 2014 Applications received after the due date are liable to be rejected.
Mode of Engagement :
- The Engagement of Act Apprentices will be done in favor of the candidates who have passed Matriculation or 10th Class under 10 + 2 system or its equivalent with ITI passed certificate in the relevant trade. The SWR Central Workshop Mysore Recruitment Application Forms 2014 received with other than the prescribed educational qualifications will not be entertained.
- The final eligibility list will be prepared based on the percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in Metric or 10th standard in 10 + 2 examination system.
- The candidates who are found eligible will be sent for medical examination. If the candidates found unfit in the prescribed medical examination he / she will not be engaged for training or given any compensation.
South Western Railway Mysore General Instructions :
- The candidates whose SSLC / ITI results are awaited need not apply. The Candidates attending this office for verification will not be given any TA / DA.
- No Hostel facility will be provided and the selected candidates should make their own arrangements for stay during their training. There is no job assurance in Railways to an Apprentice who completes the Apprenticeship successfully.
- The candidates shall have to execute a contract of Apprenticeship under the Apprentices Act 1961 under the prescribed contract format.
- The candidates will have to be registered with a local Employment Exchange falling in the state of Karnataka and adjoining districts of States served by the S.W.Railway i.e. Tamilnadu, Andhra Pradesh, Maharastra and Goa. ( with upto date renewal ) Otherwise application will be rejected.
- For the wards of Railway Employees such Registration however will not be required. But service certificate / Declaration form of the employee should be attached by the Gazetted Officer of the unit concern Employee is working.
- No permission will be granted for submission of SWR Central Workshop Mysore Recruitment Application Form 2014 after the last date and for verification of documents due to sick and etc. The candidate possessing SCVT + ITI Qualification are required to undergo Apprenticeship training for 02 years ( 01 + 01 ).
- In case the candidate is medically unfitted / temporary observation, they will not be redirected for medical due to delay in medical examination, since the engagements in only for the purpose of training for a period of one year and not for appointment.
- The decision of the Administration is final and binding in the selection of candidates for training. If the declaration submitted by the candidate is found to be false at a later date the candidature will be cancelled without any notice at any level.
- A check list is enclosed along with the SWR Central Workshop Mysore Recruitment Application Form 2014 for self verification. It is the responsibility of the applicant to confirm themselves that they have fulfilled all the conditions stipulated in the notification before submitting the SWR Central Workshop Mysore Recruitment Application Form 2014.
- No correspondence will be entertained by the candidate nor by any Association in relation to the SWR Central Workshop Mysore Recruitment Application Form 2014 nor any reply will be given by the Administration in this regard.
- SWR Central Workshop Mysore Recruitment Application Forms received after due date will not be entertained.
- Chief Workshop Manager, Central Workshop, Manandawadi Road, Mysore South is not responsible for any delay in Postal transit & wrong delivery of SWR Central Workshop Mysore Recruitment Application Forms 2014 etc.