SER Railway Recruitment 2010
South Eastern Railway Recruitment against Ex-Servicemen Quota in Erstwhile Group ‘D’.
Closing date and time for the receipt of South Eastern Railway application form is 27.12.2010 at 18.00 hrs.
1. South Eastern Railway Applications are invited from eligible Ex-Servicemen who fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned below for filling up the following provisional erstwhile Group ‘D’ vacancies against Ex-servicemen quota in Pay Band-1 of 5,200-20,200/- with Grade Pay of 1,800/- in South Eastern Railway on the prescribed format enclosed :
|Cat. No.||Category||Department||No. of posts||Standard of medical fitness|
|1.||Trackman / Gangman||Engineering||500||B-1|
|2.||Helper-II / Khalasi||Electrical, Mechanical, Sig & Tele||150||B-1|
The last date of receipt of South Eastern Railway applications is up to the 18.00 hrs. of 27/12/2010. While there are no posts exclusively reserved for SC / ST / OBC communities, Ex-Servicemen belonging to these communities will be adjusted against the SC / ST / OBC vacancies in the respective categories.
2. Eligibility Criteria for South Eastern Railway Jobs 2010 :
Ex-Serviceman who have retired after putting in 15 years of service in the Armed force of the Union of India and have passed Army Class-I certificate or equivalent are eligible to apply.
|For UR candidates||33 years + extent of military service + 3 years|
|For SC / ST candidates||38 years + extent of military service + 3 years|
|For OBC candidates||36 years + extent of military service + 3 years|
3. SER 2010 Exam Fee : There is no examination fee.
4. Mode of selection for SER Recruitment 2010 :
The names of eligible candidates will be arranged in the order of merit on the basis of total length of military service and ex-Servicemen to the extent of vacancies will be called for verification of original documents. After verification of document a final panel will be prepared from this list. There will be no Written Examination / Interview or Physical Efficiency Test.
5. Medical Examination :
The candidate selected for a particular category of post will be medically examined in the medical classification mentioned. Only those candidates who are found medically fit would be offered appointment. Candidates recommended for a particular category of post with a higher medical classification will not be considered for any alternative post with lower medical classification in the event of their medical unfitness.
6. Filling up of South Eastern Railway applications 2010 :
Eligible Ex-Servicemen should submit their applications in the format enclosed to the notification. South Eastern Railway Applications should be made on good quality A4 size (210 mm x 297 mm) white paper using one side only. Applications in any other format would be rejected. The applications should be filled in by the candidates in their own handwriting either in English or in Hindi and not in any other language.
7. South Eastern Railway Application Form 2010 :
The filled-in South Eastern Railway applications along with the required documents should be send to the following address.
Deputy Chief Personnel Officer (Recruitment),
Railway Recruitment Cell,
11, Garden Reach Road,
South Eastern Railway,
Kolkata – 700 043,
The SER application form should be sent by post so as to reach this office before the closing date and time mentioned above or should be dropped in the box provided at the Railway Recruitment Cell / HQ / Kolkata before closing date (Up to 18.00 hrs. of 27.12.2010).
The envelope containing the recruitment in Group-D against “Ex-Servicemen Quota”. South Eastern Railway Applications received after the closing time and date will not be considered.
8. Enclosures :
- A Xerox copy of the discharge certificate / book.
- Proof of possessing Army Class–I Certificate.
- Proof of Date of Birth.
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST community should produce a community certificate. Candidates belonging to OBC community should also produce a community certificate.
- One passport size photograph (not older than 3 months) without wearing cap & goggles / coloured glasses has to be pasted in the SER application form format.
Note : The Applicants are requested to se the detailed information of the said advertisement including Application Format, etc in the mployment News / Rozgar Samachar-Delhi, dated 11.12.2010. The detailed notification including application form etc may be downloaded from the South Eastern Railway website http://www.serailway.gov.in.
9. General Instructions for South Eastern Railway Recruitment 2010 :
- South Eastern Railway Vacancies shown are provisional and are liable to be increased or decreased.
- Selected candidates are liable to be posted anywhere in South Eastern Railway.
- Before applying for the post, candidate should ensure that he fulfils the eligibility criteria.
- South Eastern Railway Applications of candidates not fulfilling the requisite criteria are liable to be rejected at any stage of recruitment and if appointed erroneously, their services are liable to be terminated.
- Decision of South Eastern Railway in all matters relating to above recruitment according to extant Rules and regulation are final.