Written Examination for RRB 2012
RRB & RRC Railway Exams Online Practice Tests :
Railway Recruitment Board ( RRB ) Applications are invited in the prescribed format as enclosed ( on a good quality A – 4 size bond paper 80 GSM using one side only ) from eligible Indian Nationals for the following posts. RRB Exam Applications complete in all respects along with required enclosures should be sent by post to the concerned Railway Recruitment Board, as mentioned in Para – 15 of General Conditions, so as to reach on or before 21.05.2012 upto 17.30 hrs.
Date of Railway Recruitment Board Written Exam : 29.07.2012
- Railway Recruitment Board Exam 2012
- RRB Exam Qualification
- RRB Recruitment
- RRB Exam Online Registration 2012
The RRB Vacancy applications can also be dropped in the box kept at the premises of RRB offices concerned , till the closing date. For candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti districts and Pangi sub – division of Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman, Nicobar and Lakshwadeep islands and for candidates residing abroad, the closing date for receipt of applications by posts will be 05.06.2012 upto 17.30 hrs.
Candidates Please Note :
(1) Railway Recruitment Board Written examination will be held on the same day by all participating RRBs.
(2) Participating RRBs have given choice of regional languages, candidates have got the option to choose any one of the regional languages at the time of applying.
(3) No RRB examination fee for SC / ST / Ex – Servicemen / Physically Handicapped / Women / Minorities / Economically backward classes candidates having annual family income less than 50,000/-.
General Instruction for Railway Recruitment Board Written Examination 2012:
1. Before applying for any post, the candidates should ensure that he / she fulfills all the eligibility norms. The candidate should have the requisite Educational / Technical qualifications from recognized University / Institute as on the dosing date of submission of the application. Those awaiting results of the final examination need not apply. The requisite technical qualification ( Degree, Diploma etc as the case may be ) obtained through Distance learning mode, except AMIETE, is not considered eligible. RRB may reject the applications of candidates at any stage of recruitment process in case the candidate is not fulfilling the requisite criteria, and if appointed, such candidates are liable to be removed from service summarily.
2. The candidates who have been debarred for life from all RRB Single Stage examinations or the candidates who have been debarred for a specified period which is not yet completed, need not apply in response to Centralized Employment Notice. Their candidature will be rejected during any stage of RRB recruitment as and when detected.
3. Candidates should fill up the RRB Exam application in prescribe format in his / her own handwriting and must sign as well as put their left hand thumb impressions at the prescribed places. Railway Recruitment Board Single Stage Written Exam Applications should be filled either in English or in Hindi. RRB Written Exam Application should be on a good quality A4 size bond paper ( 80 GSM ) using one side only. Newspaper cuttings should not be used as application. The candidates purchasing printed Railway Recruitment Board Exam application from the market should ensure that it conforms to the prescribed format published in the Centralised Employment Notice.
The candidates can also make photocopy of the RRB Exam application format as given in the Employment News / Rozgar Samachar and then fill up the details. They can also download the RRB Single Stage Written Exam application format from the website of the RRBs. The detailed centralised employment notice has also been displayed on the notice board in the offices of RRBs. The candidates should send their application sufficiently in advance before the closing date. RRBs will not be responsible for any postal delay / wrong delivery at any stage of the selection process.
4.The candidates are required to sign in English or in Hindi in the prescribed places provided in RRB Exam Application Form and Information Sheet. The signatures on RRB Written Exam Application Form, Information sheet, Answer Sheet, Question Booklet and other places should be identical. The signatures must be in running hand and not in block capital or disjointed letters. Signatures at the time of application, Railway Recruitment Board written examination and document verification in different style or language may result in cancellation of candidature.
5. Candidates submitting more than one Railway Recruitment Board Exam application for the same category to the same RRB will be summarily rejected, and Also debarred from RRB examination as per Para 14.3 given below.
6. Candidates should note that the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation / High School Examination Certificate or an equivalent Certificate as on the date of submission of Railway Recruitment Board Exam applications will only be accepted by the RRB.
7. Serving Defence Personnel likely to be released within one year of the closing date ( i.e. 21.05.2013 only ) can also apply against Ex – Servicemen RRB vacancies.
8. Railway Recruitment Board vacancies of Ex – Servicemen and Persons with Disability ( PWD ) wherever given in the above table are not separate but included in the total number of RRB vacancies. In case of Persons with Disability ( PWD ), if any RRB vacancies which reserved for them cannot be filled due to non – availability of suitable candidates under that category of disability or for any other sufficient reason such vacancy / vacancies shall not be filled and shall be carried forward as ” backlog reserved vacancy “.
9. The number of Railway Recruitment Board vacancies indicated in this Centralised Employment Notice is provisional and may increase or decrease or even become nil depending upon the actual needs of the Railway Administration. The Administration also reserves the right to cancel the notified RRB vacancies at its discretion and such decision will be final and binding on all. In the events of cancellation of notified RRB vacancies, the examination fee paid by the candidates will not be refunded.
10. Dates of all examinations and result are published in Employment News / Rozgar Samachar and local dailies. These are also given in the website of the concerned Railway Recruitment Boards. RRB Exam Call letters for written examinations are sent to candidates by business post. The candidates whose Railway Recruitment Board Written Exam applications are rejected are also intimated through post along with the cause of rejection. The details of provisionally eligible as well as ineligible candidates for a particular post are also put on the website of the concerned Railway Recruitment Boards at least one week prior to the RRB written examination for that post. RRB will not be responsible for any postal delay / wrong delivery of call letters / Rejection letters. RRBs do not intimate candidates who are not selected in written examination or any other test.
11. Selection by RRB does not confer upon candidates any right of appointment in Railway. The function of the RRB is to recommend names of suitable candidates to the Chief Personnel Officer of the concerned Zonal Railway / Production Unit who in turn issues the offer of appointment letter subject to the availability of vacancies and candidates being found medically fit and satisfying all eligibility criteria.
12. Selected candidates will have to undergo training wherever training is prescribed for the post.
13. Emoluments on initial appointment will be minimum pay of the Pay band plus Grade pay plus other allowances admissible at that time. During training period only stipend will be paid as applicable. Candidate may have to give security deposit and execute indemnity bond wherever necessary.
14. While all candidates irrespective of community may be considered against UR vacancies, however against the Railway Recruitment Board vacancies earmarked for specific community ( SC / ST / OBC ), only candidates belonging to that community / group will be considered. For this purpose, SC / ST / OBC candidates should furnish Caste Certificate from competent authorities as per the formats given ( for SC / ST candidates ) and ( for OBC candidates ). Further, in case of OBC candidates, the certificates should specially indicate that the candidate does not belong to the Persons / Sections ( Creamy Layer ) mentioned in Col.3 of the Schedule of the Government of India, Department of Personnel and Training O.M. No.3601 2/22/9-Estt. ( SCT ) dated 08.09.93 & its subsequent revision O.M. No. 36033/3/2004-Estt. ( Res. ) dated 09.03.2004. further revision if any received till the closing date of the Notification.
The OBC candidate should enclose self declaration of non – creamy layer status in the proforma as given Candidates who wish to be considered against RRB vacancies reserved and / or seek age relaxation must submit requisite certificate from the competent authority and self declaration of non – creamy layer status in case of OBC’s in the prescribed format along with the RRB Written Exam application form itself. Otherwise their claim for reserved status will not be entertained and the candidature / application of such candidates fulfilling all eligibility condition for General ( UR ) category will be considered under general ( UR ) category only.
15. Candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC who fulfill required educational qualification / technical qualifications can also apply against UR vacancies. They will, however, have to compete with the UR candidates. No age relaxation will be allowed to such SC / ST / OBC candidates applying against UR Railway Recruitment Board vacancies.
16. Free Second Class Railway Pass as and when admissible will be issued to the candidates belonging to SC / ST communities when they are called for Railway Recruitment Board written examination or submit document verification provided they valid caste certificate.
17. Selected male candidates who are finally appointed are liable for active service in Railway Engineer’s Unit of Territorial Army.
18. Female candidates are also eligible. However, it may be noted that some categories involve duties which are arduous in nature and call for working in shifts at odd hours, at road side station also away from headquarters.
19. Any subsequent changes in the terms and conditions of this Centralised Employment Notice as per extant rules will stand good. RRBs reserve the right to consider / incorporate any subsequent changes / modifications / additions in the terms & conditions to recruitment under this Centralised Employment Notice necessitated and applicable.
20. Candidates belonging to Andaman & Nicobar Islands may be allotted examination centre by RRB / Kolkata at Port Blair provided sufficient number of eligible candidates apply. Such candidates should enclose a certificate of domicile in Andaman & Nicobar Islands from a competent officer of the Andaman & Nicobar Administration or a certificate from the Head of the School / college last attended in Andman and Nicobar island certifying that the candidate had pass his/her examination from the school / college situated at Andman and Nicobar island.
21. A candidate shall be free to apply to more than one RRB but he / she will be doing so at his / her own risk as the examination will be held by all RRBs on the same date. RRB Examination for more than one Category may also be held simultaneously based on administrative convenience.
RRB Exam Details 2012 :
|Cat. No.||Name of the Posts||Pay Scale with G.P. ( 6th PC in )||Name of RRB||Indenting Rly.||No. of RRB Vacancies||Med – std||Normal Age Limit As on 01.07.2012|
|01||Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant||9300 – 34800 GP 4200||Allahabad||DLW||2||1||0||0||3||0||-||B – 1||22 – 35|
|02||Junior Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant||9300 – 34800 GP 4200||Allahabad||DLW||1||2||1||3||7||1||0||B – 1||18 – 33|
|03||Metallurgical Supervisor GR. II ( Research )||9300 – 34800 GP 4600||Gorakhpur||RDSO||7||1||1||4||13||1||0||B – 1||18 – 35|
|04||Scientific Supervisor Gr. II ( Research )||9300 – 34800 GP 4600||Gorakhpur||RDSO||2||0||0||0||2||0||0||B – 1||18 – 35|
|05||Scientific Assistant GR. I ( Training )||9300 – 34800 GP 4200||Gorakhpur||RDSO||1||1||0||0||2||0||0||B – 1||18 – 35|
|06||Scientific Supervisor PSYCHO||9300 – 34800 GP 4600||Gorakhpur||RDSO||1||0||1||0||2||0||0||B – 1||18 – 35|
|07||Chemical Supervisor GR. II ( Research )||9300 – 34800 GP 4600||Gorakhpur||RDSO||3||1||0||5||9||0||0||B – 1||18 – 35|
|08||Artist ( Psycho )||5200 – 20200 GP 2800||Gorakhpur||RDSO||1||0||0||0||1||0||-||B – 1||18 – 33|
|09||Lab Assistant – III ( Mechanical )||5200 – 20200 GP 1900||Kolkata||SER||4||1||2||3||10||1||0||B – 1||18 – 30|
|Total for All Categories||104||33||26||59||222||16|
|Cat. No.||Name of the Posts||Minimum Educational Qualification||Suitability of PWD||Exam Fees Rs.||Stages of Recruitment|
|01||Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant||Degree in Metallurgy / Chemical Engg. from Recognized institution approved by AICTE or M.Sc. Degree in Chemistry / Applied Chemistry from Recognized University.||No||60 /-||Single Stage written Examination followed by verification of Documents|
|02||Junior Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant||Bachelor’s Degree in Science with Physics and Chemistry with a minimum of 45% marks from recognised University.||No||60 /-||Single Stage written Examination followed by Verification of Documents.|
|03||Metallurgical Supervisor GR. II ( Research )||Degree or its Equivalent in Metallurgical Engg. from a Recognised Institution approved by AICTE Knowledge of Any computer Language will be essential.||No||60 /-||Single Stage written Examination followed by Verification of Documents|
|04||Scientific Supervisor Gr. II ( Research||Essential ( A ) IInd Calss Master Degree in Psychology or Physiology and (B) Two years experience in administration of Psychological test and / or development of training programmes or research in work physiology. Desirable : Specialisation in Industrial Psychology / Ergonomics / Counselling.||Single Stage written Examination followed by Verification of Documents|
|05||Scientific Assistant GR. I ( Training )||Essential (A) IInd Class Master Degree in Psychology (B) One year experience in administration of Psychological test Desirable : (A) Knowledge of computer and statistics (B) Specialisation in Industrial / Organizational Psychology.||No||60/-||Single Stage written Examination followed by Verification of Documents.|
|06||Scientific Supervisor PSYCHO||Essential: (A) IInd Calss Master Degree in Psychology (B) Two years experienc in adminstration of psychological test of mental abilities and personality. Desirable : (A) Specialisation in Industrial / Clinical / Organisational Psychology (B) Knowledge of Statistics and Computers (C) Experience in Organizing counselling / guidance programmes.||No||60/-||Single Stage written Examination followed by Verification of Documents.|
|07||Chemical Supervisor GR. II ( Research )||Degree or its equivalent in Chemical Technology from a recognised Institution approved by AICTE covering any one or more of the following fields : (a) Petroleum products (b) Paints & Corrosion Prevention (c) Polymers, Knowledge of any Computer Language will be essential.||No||60/-||Single Stage written Examination followed by Verification of Documents|
|08||Artist ( Psycho )||(A) Bachelor Degree with either Psychology or Statistics as one of the subjects (B) One year experience in Multi – Media application and Desk Top Publishing.||No||60/-||Single Stage written Examination followed by Verification of Documents|
|09||Lab Assistant – III ( Mechanical )||Matriculation with Science from recognized board and Diploma in Medical Lab Technology. DMLT or 10 + 2 with Science from a Recognized Educational Board.||No||40/-||Single Stage written Examination followed by Verification of Documents|
*OBC Vacancies includes quota for minorities as notified vide Government of India, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pension ( Department of Personnel and Training )’s OM No 41018/2/2011 -Estt(Res) dated 22nd December 2011.
Abbreviations Stands for :
- CR : Central Railway,
- ER : Eastern Railway,
- ECR : East Central Railway,
- SR : Southern Railway,
- SCR : South Central Railway,
- SER : South Eastern Railway,
- WR : Western Railway,
- WCR : West Central Railway,
- CLW : Chittaranjan Locomotive Works,
- DLW : Diesel Locomotive Works,
- ICF : Integral Coach Factory,
- RCF : Rail Coach Factory,
- RDSO : Research Design and Standard Organization,
- RWF : Rail Wheel Factory,
- UR : Unreserved ( General ),
- SC : Scheduled Caste,
- ST : Scheduled Tribe,
- OBC : Other Backward Classes,
- E.SM : Ex-Servicemen,
- AICTE : All India Council for Technical Education,
- NCVT : National Council of Vocational Training,
- SCVT : State Council of Vocational Training,
- NOC : No Objection Certificate,
- OMR : Optical Mark Reader answer sheet,
- RRB : Railway Recruitment Board,
- IPO : Indian Postal Order,
- DD : Demand Draft,
- GP : Grade Pay,
- OBC – M : Other Backward Classes Minorities,
- PWD : Persons with Disabilities.
2. Age Limit for Railway Recruitment Board Written Exam 2012 :
The lower and upper age limit indicated will be reckoned as on 01.07.2012. The upper age limit is relaxable as under subject to submission of requisite certificate.
a. 01 By 5 years for SC / ST candidates.
b. 02 By 3 years for OBC candidates.
1. For Ex – Servicemen, up to the extent of service rendered in defence plus 3 years provided they have put in more than 6 months service after attestation.
2. By 5 years to candidates who have ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989.
3. By 10 years for Physically Handicapped candidates ( 15 years for SCs / STs and 13 years for OBCs ).
4. For the serving Group ‘C and Group ‘D’ Railway Staff and casual labours / substitutes, the relaxation in upper age limits will be up to 40 years for Unreserved candidates, 45 years for SC / ST candidates and 43 years for OBC candidates, provided they have put in a minimum of 3 years service ( continuous or in broken spells ). For those working in Quasi – Administrative offices of the Railway organization such as Railway Canteens, Co – operative Societies and Institutes, the relaxation in upper age limits will be up to the length of service rendered subject to maximum 5 years.
5. Upper age limit in case of widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from the husband but not remarried shall be relaxed up to 35 years for Unreserved, 38 for OBC and 40 years for SC / ST candidates.
6. No age relaxation is allowed to SC / ST / OBC candidates applying against unreserved Railway Recruitment Board vacancies.
7. The date of birth for the candidates for the different age group should be between the dates given below : ( Both dates inclusive )
|Sr.||Age group||Upper date of birth||Lower date of birth for all||Remarks|
|UR||OBC||SC / ST|
|1||18 to 30||2.7.82||2.7.79||2.7.77||1.7.94||For categories listed in para 2.03to 2.07, Age relaxation as indicated will be applicable|
|2||18 to 33||2.7.79||2.7.76||2.7.74||1.7.94|
|3||18 to 35||2.7.77||2.7.74||2.7.72||1.7.94|
|4||22 to 35||2.7.77||2.7.74||2.7.72||1.7.90|
RRB Written Examination Fee 2012 :
1. No examination fee for SC / ST / Ex – Servicemen / Physically Handicapped / Women / Minorities / Economically Backward classes candidates having annual family income less than 50,000/.
2. For Unreserved Male / OBC Male candidates ( who is not coming within the purview of minority / Economically backward communities ) Examination fee of 60/- for each Railway Recruitment Board Written Exam application. Candidates should send separate RRB Exam application for each category with separate IPO / DD as examination fee. Candidates should send separate RRB Written Exam application for each RRBs.
3. The RRB examination fee is non – refundable. It should be paid in the form of a crossed Demand Draft valid for a period of three months to be drawn at the main branch of any of these Nationalized Banks or in the form of Crossed Indian Postal Order drawn in favour of ‘Chairman or Member Secretary or Assistant Secretary Railway Recruitment Board’ of concerned RRB as mentioned in the para 15 given below. The Bank Drafts / Indian Postal Orders should be payable at the place where the Railway Recruitment Board is situated. The Indian Postal Order / Bank Drafts should not be obtained earlier to the date of issue of this Centralised Employment Notice or after the Closing date of receipt of RRB Job application.
4. The candidates should write the Centralised Employment Notice No., Name of the posts applied for, Category Number of the posts and their name and postal address on the reverse side of the Bank Draft / Front side at the space provided in the Indian Postal Order.
5. Remittance of Railway Recruitment Board examination fee in any other form except Bank Draft / Indian Postal Order will not be accepted.
6. The particulars of Bank Draft / Indian Postal Order submitted as examination fee should also be indicated at the prescribed place in the RRB Written Exam application form. ( item No. 6a of information sheet )
7. An RRB Exam application not accompanied with Bank Draft / Indian Postal Order of requisite amount wherever required towards examination fee will be summarily rejected.
8. Minorities mean Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists and Zorastrians ( Parsis ). For claiming waiver of Railway Recruitment Board examination fee., Minorities candidates should furnish ‘self declaration’ as mentioned along with RRB Exam application form. At the time of document verification such candidates claiming waiver of RRB examination fee will be required to furnish ‘minority community declaration’ affidavit on non – judicial stamp paper that he / she belongs to any of the above minority community. If the affidavit is not produced during document verification, the candidature will be rejected.
9. Economically backward classes mean the candidates whose annual family income is less than 50,000/-. They have to submit income certificate at the time of applying in the prescribed format as shown and on the letter head of the issuing authority as mentioned.
Application Form for Railway Recruitment Board Exam 2012 :
1. The RRB Written Exam application should be filled up by the candidate in his / her own handwriting, with blue or black ball point pen ( not in pencil, fountain pen or gel pen ) dated and signed. Only international numerical i.e. 1,2,3 etc. should be used. The RRB Exam application form should be filled up in English or in Hindi only, strictly observing all the instructions given in this Centralised Employment Notice. The candidates should affix his / her normal signature in English or in Hindi in the Railway Recruitment Board Recruitment application form 2012. Application Signed in Capital Letters / Spaced out Letters will be Treated as Invalid. The RRB Written Exam application format can also be downloaded from the website of the respective RRB.
2. The candidate’s Name, Address with Pin Code, Date of Birth, Father’s Name and nearest Railway Station should be written legibly in English in bold capital letters, even if the candidate fills up the Railway Recruitment Board Exam application form in Hindi.
3. Photographs : One recent ( not earlier than three months from the date of Railway Recruitment Board Written Exam application ) 3.5cm x 3.5cm size colour photograph with clear front view of the candidate without cap and sunglasses should be pasted on the RRB Exam application form in the space provided. Xerox copy of photographs is not permitted. The candidates should sign in the space provided in the box below the photograph. One identical extra 3.5cm x 3.5cm size colour photograph should be enclosed with the RRB Written Exam application, indicating candidate’s name and category number on the reverse of the photograph. Candidates may note that the RRB may reject at any stage for pasting old / unclear photograph on the application or for any significant variations between photograph pasted in the application and the actual physical appearance of the candidate.
4. In item No. 11 of Railway Recruitment Board Written Exam application form, the candidates should indicate any clear visible marks of identification on their body like a mole on the nose, cut – mark on the forehead in the left side or a scar mark below the left arm, etc. The RRB Exam application form of the candidate is liable to be rejected if he / she does not indicate clear identification marks or identification mark column not filled up. If no visible remark of identification on body, then write NIL.
5. The candidate should copy the paragraph at item No. 12 of the information sheet in English / Hindi in their own running handwriting ( not in capital / spaced out letters ), otherwise their Railway Recruitment Boar Exam applications will be rejected.
6. The candidate should put their Left Hand Thumb impression at the designated places in the RRB Written Exam Application Form and in the Information Sheet. The Thumb impressions must be clear and complete. Ridges of the Thumb impressions must be clearly visible.
7. Railway Recruitment Board Written Exam Applications which are illegible, incomplete, unsigned, signed in capital letters, not in prescribed format, without colour photo of candidate, not having IPO / DD or having IPO / DD purchased before date of issue of and after closing date of Centralised Employment Notice are liable to be rejected.
8. The envelope containing the RRB Exam application should be clearly super – scribed ” Application for the Post/s of _Category No/s._Centralised Employment Notice No___________ & Community ( SC / ST / OBC / PWD / Ex – SM )”. If the post and category number is not indicated on the top of the envelope containing Railway Recruitment Board Job application, the same will not be entertained.
Invalid Railway Recruitment Board Exam Application :
Candidates are requested to read all instructions thoroughly before sending their applications to the RRB. Otherwise, their RRB Written Exam applications are likely to be rejected on one or more of the following reasons. In case the Railway Recruitment Board Exam application is rejected, the candidate will be intimated by business post regarding the reason of rejection. The list of rejected candidate along with reason shall also be displayed on website.
1. Railway Recruitment Board Written Exam Application received before the publication of notification & application received after the closing date of Employment notification.
2. Passage not copied in the information sheet ( or ) copied in capital letters.
3. RRB Exam Application without signatures (or) signatures done in capital letters or different type of signature at different places of Railway Recruitment Board Recruitment application.
4. Left hand thumb impression not affixed / blurred / smudged on the Railway Recruitment Board Written Exam application form & information sheet.
5. Copies of requisite certificates not enclosed.
(i) Certificate for date of birth i.e. Matriculation / High school exam or equivalent certificate,
(ii) Educational and / or professional certificate,
(iii) Community Certificate for SC / ST / OBC,
(iv) Discharge certificate for Ex – Servicemen candidates,
(v) Income certificate by Economically backward classes candidates for waiver of RRB examination fee,
(vi) ‘Minority self declaration’ by minority candidates for waiver of examination fee etc.
6. OBC certificate not in the prescribed format or without self declaration of creamy layer, ( for consideration of relaxation for OBC ).
7. Fee – postal order / DD not enclosed or less fee enclosed or invalid IPO / DD i.e. IPO / DD purchased before date of issue of and after closing date of Employment Notice.
8. Identification marks column not filled up.
9. Do not possess the prescribed qualification for the post on date of Railway Recruitment Board Written Exam application.
10. Over aged or under aged or Date of Birth not filled or wrongly filled.
11. Double or multiple applications submitted for the same post in same RRB.
12. RRB Exam Application without colour photo (or) photo with cap, wearing goggles, disfigured, unrecognizable, or scanned or Xerox copy.
13. More than one RRB Written Exam application in single envelope.
14. Candidate’s name is figuring in the debarred list.
15. Incomplete / illegible Railway Recruitment Board Exam application.
16. RRB Exam Application not in the prescribed format.
17. Category / post notfilled up or incorrectly filled.
18. RRB Written Exam Application addressed to other RRBs.
19. Application filled in a language other than English / Hindi.
20. Any other irregularities which are considered invalid by RRB.
RRB Recruitment Process :
1. The candidates who have elected one of the regional language as the medium of examination will be supplied question booklet in English, Hindi, Urdu and regional language of RRB concerned. Those who have not opted regional languages, as medium of examination will be supplied question booklet in English, Hindi and Urdu only.
2. The selection is made strictly as per merit, on the basis of Railway Recruitment Board written examination. Short listed candidates will be called for verification ofthe original documents according to merit, availability of RRB vacancies and reservation rules.
3. There shall be negative marking in RRB written examinations and marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer @1/3 of the allotted marks for each Railway Recruitment Board Exam question.
4. The RRB Exam syllabus for the written examination will be generally in conformity with the educational standards and / or technical qualifications prescribed forthe posts. The Railway Recruitment Board Exam Questions will be of objective type with multiple answers and likely to include questions pertaining to General Knowledge, General Arithmetic, Analytical and Quantitative Skills and those subjects covered as part of minimum educational / technical qualifications for the post. The question paper will be in local languages as indicated in para 15 given below in addition to Hindi, Urdu and English, the duration ofthe examination will be 90 to 120 minutes with approximately 100 to 150 questions.
5. The Railway Recruitment Board, at its discretion may hold additional written test(s) and / or interview if considered necessary for all or for a limited number of candidates as may be deemed fit by Railway Recruitment Board.
6. The date, time and venue of the RRB written examination and Verification will be fixed by the RRB concerned and will be intimated to the eligible candidates in due course. Request for postponement of the examination and change of center / venue will not be entertained under any circumstance. Candidates may note that Railway Recruitment Board written examination will be held on the same day by all participating RRBs.
7. Stages of RRB examination are given against each post. Based on the performance of candidates in the examination, the candidates equal to the number of Railway Recruitment Board vacancies will be called for document verification in the main list. In addition 30% extra candidates are also called as standby candidates and they are considered for empanelment only if there is shortfall in empanelment from the main list. During document verification, the candidates will have to produce their original certificates. No additional time will be given and the candidature ofthe candidates not producing their original certificates on the date of verification is liable to be forfeited / cancelled.
8. The appointment of selected candidates is subject to his / her passing requisite Medical Fitness Test to be conducted and final verification of educational and community certificate an verification of antecedent / characterofthe candidate by the railway administration.
Medical Fitness Test :
The candidates recommended for appointment will have to pass requisite medical fitness test(s) conducted by the Railway Administration to ensure that the candidates are medically fit to carry out the duties connected with the post. Visual Acuity Standard is one of the important criteria of medical fitness of railway staff. The medical requirements against medical standards for different categories are outlined below :
a. B – 1 : Physically fit in all respects.
Visual Standards – Distance Vision : 6/9,6/12 with orwithout glasses ( power of lenses not to exceed 4D ).
Near Vision : Sn : 0.6,0.6 with orwithout glasses when reading or close work is required and must pass test for Colour Vision, Binocular Vision, Field of Vision & Night Vision.
i) The above medical standards ( Criteria ) are indicative and not exhaustive and apply to candidates in general.
ii) For Ex – Servicemen different standards apply.
iii) It may be noted that candidates qualifying in examination(s) for these post but failing in prescribed medical examination will not in any case be considered for any alternative appointment.
iv) Candidate who do not fulfill the prescribed medical standards need not apply.
Ex – Serviceman Candidates :
This employment notice contains some RRB vacancies reserved for ex – servicemen irrespective of their community, However, ex – servicemen may also apply against other Railway Recruitment Board vacancies not earmarked for them for which they will be granted age relaxation and fee exemption as indicated in paras 2.03 & 3.01 respectively.
1. The term Ex – Servicemen means a person who has served in any rank ( whether as a Combatant or non – Combatant ) in the regular Army, Navy or Air Force of the Indian Union but does not include a person who has served in the Defence Security Corps., the General Reserve Engineering Force, the Lok Sahayak Sena and the Para Military Forces; and
2. Who has retired from such service after earning his / her pension or
3. Who has been released from such service on medical grounds attributable to military service or circumstances beyond his control and awarded medical or other disability pension or
4. Who has been released otherwise than on his own request as a result of reduction in such establishment or
5. Who has been released from such service after completing the specific period of engagement otherwise than on his own requestor byway of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency and has been given a gratuity and includes persons of the Territorial Army of the following categories :
(a) Pension holders for continuous embodied service.
(b) Pensions with disabilities attributable to military service and
(c) Gallantry award winner.
6. For Railway Recruitment Board vacancies reserved for Ex – servicemen, an Ex – serviceman with 15 years active service in the armed forces with matriculation will be considered eligible to apply for the posts for which the minimum qualification is an University Degree provided the relevant certificate issued by the military authority is attached with the application.
The persons serving in the Armed Forces of the Union, who on retirement from service would come under the category of Ex – Servicemen may be permitted to apply for re – employment one year before the completion of the specific terms of engagement and avail themselves of all concessions available to Ex – Servicemen but shall not be permitted to leave the uniform until they complete the specific terms of engagement in the Armed Forces of the Union. Ex – Servicemen candidates who have already secured employment under Central Government in Group ‘CTD’ will be permitted the benefit of age relaxation as prescribed for Ex – Servicemen for securing another employment in a higher grade or cadre in Group ‘CTD’ under Central Government. However, such candidates will not be considered against the RRB vacancies reserved for Ex – Servicemen in the Central Govt. jobs.
7. Ex – Servicemen are required to clearly indicate all required particulars including community in the RRB Written Exam application form and enclose all documentary proof including Community certificates in the prescribed format, as required,
Persons with Disabilities ( PWD ) :
1. 3% of RRB vacancies have been kept reserved against Physically Handicapped quota pending further orders except the Categories wherever indicated as suitable under the column ‘Suitability for Persons with Disability’. If decision is taken to fill up these vacancies for PWD candidates, a separate notification will be issued later.
2. All selected candidates will be subjected to medical examination by Railway Medical Authority at the time of appointment and only those conforming to the medical standards as laid down in the Indian Railway Medical Manual and other extant provisions, as the case may be, will be eligible for appointment. Selection does not imply appointment in Railways.
Serving Employees :
Candidates serving in any Government Department or Public Sector Undertaking including Railways should apply through proper channel or should apply directly to the RRB.with No Objection Certificate from the employer to avoid delay. The last date of receipt of RRB Exam applications in the office of Railway Recruitment Board will not be extended on account of any delay in transmitting the application by the concerned office. Advance copy of the application without no objection certificate will not be entertained. Applications received after closing date and time will also not be accepted.
Online Registration for Railway Recruitment Board Written Exam 2012 :
Candidates have the option to fill up and submit their RRB Exam application online, wherever such facility is provided by the respective RRB. For this, they should visit the website of the RRB concerned and fill up their detailed Bio – data in the application format & information sheet and upload the applicable scanned documents on the website. Wherever the facility of only online registration is available the candidate should take a print of filled in Railway Recruitment Board Written Exam Application Form and Information Sheet, paste their 3.5cm x 3.5 cm size colour photograph, put their signature and left hand thumb impressions at the relevant places, copy the passage given at item no 13 of Information Sheet and send it to the concerned RRB along with the RRB examination fee ( wherever applicable ), copy of date of birth certificate, educational and / or professional qualification certificate, SC / ST / OBC certificate, self declaration for OBC as given in Annexure 5, discharge certificate in case of Ex – Servicemen, disability certificate in case of persons with disabilities, Minority self declaration by minority candidates and Income certificate for Economically Backward Classes candidates. In case the above mentioned printed copy of RRB Exam online application along with necessary annexure does not reach the concerned RRB within the closing date, the online registration will become invalid.
1. The entire Centralised Employment Notice along with all Annexure will also be available on the website of RRBs. Candidates can print the Railway Recruitment Board Exam application forms and information sheets along with annexure and use for sending applications to RRBs.
2. All Enclosures should be either in English or in Hindi only. Where certificates are not in English / Hindi, self attested translated version ( In Hindi / English ) should be enclosed. The applications without the requisite enclosures will be rejected. Any of the above enclosures sent separately will not be entertained.
3. RRBs reserves the right to reject the candidature of any applicant at any stage in the process of RRB recruitment if any irregularity / deficiency is noticed in the Railway Recruitment Board Job application.
4. RRB may hold written examination anywhere in the country. The Centers allotted by RRB will be final and binding.
5. RRB reserves the right to conduct additional Railway Recruitment Board written examination / document verification at any stage. RRBs also reserves the right to cancel part or whole of any RRB recruitment process at any stage for any of the categories notified in this Employment Notice without assigning any reason thereof.
6. The decision of RRBs in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the RRB Exam applications, issue of free Rail Passes, penalty for false information, mode of selection, conduct of written examination, Skill test, allotment of examination center, selection, allotment of posts to selected candidates etc will be final and binding on the candidates and no enquiry or correspondence will be entertained by the Railway Recruitment Board in this regard.
7. Candidates finally selected are liable to be posted anywhere on Indian Railways, if required.
8. The Railway Recruitment Board is not responsible for any inadvertent error.
9. Any legal issues arising out of this Centralised Employment Notice shall fall within the legal jurisdiction of respective Central Administrative Tribunals under which the concerned RRB is located.
10. In the event of any dispute about interpretation, the English version will be treated as final.
Impersonation / Suppression of Facts / Warning :
1. No Candidate should attempt impersonation or take the help of any impersonator at any stage of the Railway Recruitment Board selection process. Otherwise the candidates will be debarred for life from appearing in all RRB examinations as well as debarred from any appointment in Railways, in addition, legal action will be taken against the candidate.
2. Suppression of any material facts or submitting forged certificate / caste certificate by a candidate for securing eligibility and / or obtaining privileges including free travel for appearing in the examination shall lead to rejection of his / her candidature for the particular recruitment for which he / she has applied. Further, he / she will also be debarred from all examinations conducted by all RRBs all over the country for a period of 2 years and legal action can be initiated, if warranted.
3. A candidate will be debarred from examinations of all RRBs for a specified period / life time if
(i) the candidate submits multiple applications for the same post and category ;
(ii) the candidate submits multiple applications with different community for the same post & category;
(iii) the candidate submits multiple applications with different photo ( face ) for same post & category and
(iv) the candidate submits multiple applications with different documents for the same post & category.
4. Any candidate found using unfair means in the Railway Recruitment Board examination or sending someone else in his / her place to appear in the examination will be debarred from appearing in all the RRB examinations of all the RRBs for lifetime. He / she will also be debarred from getting any appointment in the Railways. Such candidates are liable to be prosecuted by lodging FIR.
5. Furnishing of any false information to the RRB or deliberate suppression of any information at any stage will render the candidate disqualified and debarred from appearing at any selection or examination for appointment on the Railways or to any other Govt, service and if appointed the service of such candidate is liable to be terminated.
Beware of Touts and job racketeers trying to deceive you by false promises of securing job in Railways either through influence or by use of unfair and unethical means. RRB has not appointed any agent(s) or coaching center(s) for action on its behalf. Candidates are warned against any such claims being made by persons / agencies. Candidates are selected purely as per merit. Please beware of unscrupulous elements and do not fall in their trap. Candidates attempting to influence RRB directly or indirectly, shall be disqualified and legal action can be initiated against them.
In instructions wherever ‘OBC is mentioned it includes OBC Minorities.
The details regarding applications to be addressed to, Grouping of categories for submission of single application, IPOs / DDs to be Drawn in favour of & local language option are indicated below :
|Name of RRB||Website address & Telephone Numbers||RRB Exam Applications to be addressed to||D. Ds & IPOs to be drawn in favour of||Exam Town||Local Language choice ( in addition to Hindi, English & Urdu )|
|Allahabad||www.rrbald.nic.in, www.rrbald.gov.in, Phone : 0532 – 2430472||The Member Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board, opp. GM/NCR office Building, Near Subedargunj Railway Hospital, Allahabad ( UP ) – 211 033.||The Member Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board ” Allahabad ” IPOs – Payable at: ” GPO ” Allahabad ” & D. Ds – Payable at: “Allahabad”||Allahabad Lucknow|
|Bhopal||www.rrbbhopal.gov.in, Phone : 0755 – 2746660||The Assistant Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board, East Railway Colony, Bhopal – 462 053.||” The Assistant Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board Bhopal ” IPOs – Payable at: ” Bhopal ” & DDs – Payable at : ” Bhopal “.||Bhopal||Gujarati|
|Bangalore||www.rrbbnc.gov.in, Phone : 080 – 23330378||The Member Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board, 18, Millers Road, Bangalore – 560 046.||The Chairman, Railway Recruitment Board ” Bangalore ” IPOs – Payable at: ” GPO ” Bangalore ” ( IPO prefer ) & D. Ds – Payable at: ” Bangalore”.||Bangalore||Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Konkani|
|Chennai||www.rrbchennai.net, Phone : 044 – 28275323,||The Assistant Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board, No. 5, Dr. P. V. Cherian Crescent Road, Behind Ethiraj College, Egmore, Chennai – 600 008.||The Assistant Secretary. Railway Recruitment Board ” Chennai ” IPOs – Payable at: ” GPO ” Chennai ” & D. Ds – Payable at: ” Chennai “.||Chennai||Tamil, Telugu|
|Gorakhpur||www.rrbgkp.gov.in, Phone : 0551 – 2201209||The Assistant Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board, Station Road, Gorakhpur – 273 012.||The Chairman, Railway Recruitment Board “Gorakhpur” IPOs – Payable at: ” GPO ” Gorakhpur ” & DDs – Payable at: ” Gorakhpur “.||Gorakhpur Lucknow|
|Jammu – Srinagar||www.rrbjammu.nic.in, Phone : 0191 – 2473427||The Assistant Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board, Jammu – Srinagar, Railway Colony ( West ), Jammu – 180 012.||” The Assistant Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board Jammu – Srinagar ” IPOs – Payable at: ” Jammu ” & D. Ds – Payable at: ” Jammu “.||Jammu||Punjabi|
|Kolkata||www.rrb.kolkata.org, Phone : 033 – 25432004, 32917928||The Assistant Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board, Metro Railway, A. V. Complex, Chitpur, Opp. R.G. Kar Medical College & Hospital, R.G. Kar Road, Kolkata – 700 037. ( West Bengal )||” The Assistant Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board Kolkata ” IPOs – Payable at : GPO ” Kolkata ” & DDs – Payable at: ” Kolkata “.||Kolkata||Bengali|
|Mumbai||www.rrbmumbai.gov.in, Phone : 022 – 23090422||The Assistant Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board, Divisional Office Compound. Mumbai Central, Mumbai – 400 202.||” The Assistant Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board Mumbai ” IPOs – Payable at: ” GPO Mumbai ” & DDs – Payable at: ” Mumbai “||Mumbai||Marathi, Gujarati, Kannada|
|Muzaffarpur||www.rrbmuzaffarpur.bih.nic.in, www.rrbmuzaffarpur.gov.in Phone : 0621 – 2213405||The Assistant Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board, Lichi Bagan, Muzaffarpur, Bihar – 842001.||” The Assistant Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board Muzaffarpur ” IPOs – Payable at : ” GPO Muzaffarpur ” & DDs – Payable at: ” Muzaffarpur “.||Muzaffarpur|
|Secunderabad||www.rrbsec.org,, www.rrb.secunderabad.nic.in Phone : 040 – 27821663, 27789546||The Assistant Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board, Secunderabad, South Lallaguda, Andhra Pradesh – 500 017.||” The Assistant Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board Secunderabad ” IPOs – Payable at: ” Secunderabad ” & DDs – Payable at: ” Secunderabad “.||Secunderabad Hyderabad||Telugu, Kannada, Oriya & Marathi.|