Preliminary & Main Examination for RRB 2012
RRB Applications are invited in the prescribed format as enclosed ( on a good quality A – 4 size bond paper of 80 GSM using one side only ) from eligible Indian Nationals for the Common Preliminary Examination for following posts of Non Technical Popular Category ( Graduate ), Assistant Station Master and Traffic Assistant. Railway Recruitment Board Applications complete in all respects along with required enclosures should be sent by Ordinary Post Normally to the concerned Railway Recruitment Board as mentioned in RRB notification, so as to reach on or before 11.06.2012 up to 17.30 Hrs.
The RRB Exam applications can also be dropped in the box kept at the premises of concerned RRB offices, till the closing date. For candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti districts and Pangi sub – division of Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman, Nicobar and Lakshwadeep islands and for candidates residing abroad, the closing date for receipt of RRB Preliminary Examination 2012 applications by posts will be 26.06.2012 up to 17.30 Hrs.
Date of RRB Preliminary Examination 2012 : 28.10.2012.
Candidates Please Note :
1) Stages of RRB Preliminary Exam 2012 :
a) RRB Common Preliminary Examination ( i.e. stage I ) for all the notified categories.
b) RRB Main ( Second stage ) Exam for Cat No. 1&2 – followed by Verification of documents.
c) Railway Recruitment Board Main ( Second stage ) Exam for Cat No. 3&4 – followed by verification of documents.
d) RRB Main ( Second stage ) Exam for Cat. No. 5 & 6, qualifying typing test followed by Verification of documents.
e) RRB Main ( Second stage ) Exam for Cat No.7&8, aptitude test followed by Verification of documents.
2) Railway Recruitment Board Preliminary Examination ( i.e. stage I ) will be held on the same day by all participating RRBs.
3) Candidates should refer para 15 of General Instructions for submission of single ( i.e. common ) RRB application for Preliminary Exam for all the notified categories to the concerned RRB. Candidates who qualify in the RRB Preliminary ( stage I ) Exam will again have to apply separately for RRB Main ( second stage ) Examinations for notified categories as Grouped in para given below.
4) Candidates may refer to para 12 of General Instructions regarding RRB Online submission of applications.
5) Participating RRBs have given choice of regional Languages. Candidates have got the option to choose any one of the regional languages at the time of applying.
6) RRB Examination Fee for Preliminary Exam application 60/- ( UR & OBC Male Candidates only wherever applicable as per para 3 of General Instructions ).
7) No RRB examination fee for SC / ST / Ex – Servicemen / Physically Handicapped / Women / Minorities / Economically backward classes candidates having annual family income less than 50,000/-.
- RRB Vacancy Details & Qualifications 2012
- RRB Exam Fee & How to Apply 2012
- General Instructions for RRB Recruitment 2012
- RRB Exam Contact Address 2012
Table I :
|Cat No.||Name of the Post||Pay Band & GP in ( )||Name of RRB||Indenting Rly||No. of vacancies in RRB 2012|
|UR||SC||ST||OBC||Total||Ex – SM||PH|
|1||Commercial Apprentice||9300 – 34800 GP 4200||Ahmedabad||WR||33||8||6||20||67||7||1||1||0|
|2||Traffic Apprentice||9300 – 34800 GP 4200||Ahmedabad||WR||57||21||8||31||117||12||**||**||**|
|3||ECRC||5200 – 20200 GP 2800||Allahabad||NR||2||0||0||0||2||0||1||0||1|
|4||Goods Guard||5200 – 20200 GP 2800||Ahmedabad||WR||2||1||2||0||5||0||**||**||**|
|5||Jr. Accounts Assistant cum Typist||5200 – 20200 GP 2800||Bangalore||SWR||36||11||5||19||71||7||0||1||1|
|Jammu – Srinagar||DMW||3||0||1||4||8||1||0||1||0|
|6||Sr. Clerk cum Typist||5200 – 20200 GP 2800||Allahabad||NR||0||0||1||0||1||0||1||0||0|
|Jammu – Srinagar||RCF||2||0||0||2||4||0||0||0||0|
|7||Assistant Station Master||5200 – 20200 GP 2800||Allahabad||NCR||97||38||12||41||188||19||**||**||**|
|8||Traffic Assistant||5200 – 20200 GP 2000||Kolkata||MR||00||00||00||12||12||04||**||**||**|
|Total for All Categories||3017||1214||834||1562||6829||629||92||84||100|
Table II :
|Cat No.||Name of the Post||Medical Std||Normal Age on 01.07.12||Minimum Educational Qualification||Suitability for person with disability VH / OH / HH|
|1||Commercial Apprentice||C – 1||18 – 33||Degree from recognized University or its equivalent. Diploma in Rail Transport and Management from the Institute of Rail Transport will be an additional desirable qualification.||Suitable for OH – ( OA,OL,BL, OAL ,MW ) & HH|
|2||Traffic Apprentice||A – 2||18 – 33||Degree from recognized University or its equivalent. Diploma in Rail Transport and Management from the Institute of Rail Transport will be an additional desirable qualification.||**3% of the vacancies have been kept reserved against Physically Handicapped quota pending further orders.|
|3||ECRC||C-1||18-33||Degree from recognized University or its equivalent.||VH – ( B, LV ), OH – ( OA,OL,BL, BLA, OAL ) & HH|
|4||Goods Guard||A – 2||18 – 33||Degree from recognized University or its equivalent.||**3% of the vacancies have been kept reserved against Physically Handicapped quota pending further orders.|
|5||Jr. Accounts Assistant cum Typist||C – 1||18 – 33||Degree from recognized University or its equivalent. Preference being given to persons with I & II Divisions, Honours & Master Degree. Typing proficiency in English / Hindi on Computer / Typewrit er is essential.||Suitable for VH( B, LV ), OH ( OL, BL ) & HH|
|6||Sr. Clerk cum Typist||C – 1||18 – 33||Degree from recognized University or its equivalent. Typing proficiency in English / Hindi on Computer / Typewriter is essential.||Suitable for VH ( B, LV ), OH ( OA, OL, OAL, BL ) & HH|
|7||Assistant Station Master||A – 2||18 – 33||Degree from recognized University or equivalent. Diploma in Rail Transport & Management, Transport & Economics, Multimodal Transport ( Containerization ) awarded by Institute of Rail Transport, Rail Bhawan, New Delhi will be additional desirable qualification.||**3% of the vacancies have been kept reserved against Physically Handicapped quota pending further orders.|
|8||Traffic Assistant||A-2||18 – 33||Degree from recognized University or equivalent. Diploma in Rail Transport & Management, Transport Economics, Multimodal Transport ( Containerization ) awarded by Institute of Rail Transport, Rail Bhawan, New Delhi will be additional desirable qualification.||** 3% of the vacancies have been kept reserved against Physically Handicapped quota pending further orders.|
* OBC Vacancies includes quota for minorities as notified vide Government of India , Ministry of Personnel , Public Grievances and Pension ( Department of Personnel and Training )’s OM No. 41018 / 2011 – Estt ( Res. ) dated 22nd December , 2011.
Abbreviations Stands for :
- A – 2 & C – 1 : Various levels of Medical Standards which the candidates will have to qualify before appointment in Railways,
- B : Blind,
- BL : Both Leg,
- BLA : Both Leg & Both Arm,
- Cat. No. : Category Number,
- CR : Central Railway,
- CWP : Cast Wheel Plant,
- DD : Demand Draft,
- DLW : Diesel Locomotive Works,
- DMW : Diesel Loco Modernization Works,
- ER : Eastern Railway,
- ECR : East Central Railway,
- ECoR : East Coast Railway,
- EN : Employment Notice,
- Ex.SM : Ex – Servicemen,
- GP : Grade Pay,
- HH : Hearing Handicapped,
- ICF : Integral Coach Factory,
- IPO : Indian Postal Order,
- LV : Low vision,
- MR : Metro Railway / Kolkata,
- MW : Muscular Weakness,
- NOC : No Objection Certificate,
- NR : Northern Railway,
- NCR : North Central Railway,
- NER : North Eastern Railway,
- NFR : North East Frontier Railway,
- NWR : North Western Railway,
- OA : One Arm,
- OAL : One Arm & one Leg,
- OBC : Other Backward Classes,
- OH : Orthopaedically Handicapped,
- OL : One Leg,
- PH : Physically Handicapped,
- PWD : Persons With Disability,
- Rly : Railway,
- RRB : Railway Recruitment Board,
- RSC : Railway Staff College,
- RWF : Rail Wheel Factory,
- SC : Scheduled Caste,
- ST : Scheduled Tribe,
- SR : Southern Railway,
- SCR : South Central Railway,
- SER : South Eastern Railway,
- SECR : South East Central Railway,
- SWR : South Western Railway,
- UR : Unreserved ( General ),
- VH : Visually Handicapped,
- WPM : Words Per Minute,
- WR : Western Railway,
- WCR : West Central Railway.
Age Limit for Railway Recruitment Board Exam 2012 :
The lower and upper age limit indicated will be reckoned as on 01.07.2012. The upper age limit is relaxable as under subject to submission of requisite certificate.
1. By 5 years for SC / ST candidates.
2. By 3 years for OBC candidates.
3. For Ex – Servicemen, up to the extent of service rendered in defence plus 3 years provided they have put in more than 6 months service after attestation.
4. By 5 years to candidates who have ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989.
5. By 10 years for Physically Handicapped candidates ( 15 years for Physically Handicapped SCs / STs and 13 years for Physically Handicapped OBCs ).
6. For the serving Group ‘ C ’ and Group ‘ D ’ Railway Staff and casual labours / substitutes, the relaxation in upper age limits will be up to 40 years for Unreserved candidates, 45 years for SC / ST candidates and 43 years for OBC candidates, provided they have put in a minimum of 3 years service ( continuous or in broken spells ). For those working in Quasi – Administrative offices of the Railway organization such as Railway Canteens, Co – operative Societies and Institutes, the relaxation in upper age limits will be up to the length of service rendered subject to maximum of 5 years.
7. Upper age limit in case of widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from the husband but not remarried shall be relaxed up to 35 years for Unreserved, 38 for OBC and 40 years for SC / ST candidates.
8. No age relaxation is allowed to SC / ST / OBC candidates applying against unreserved RRB vacancies.
9. The date of birth for the candidates for the different age group should be between the dates given below ( Both dates inclusive ) :
|Sl.No||Age Group||Upper Date of Birth||Lower Date of Birth for all||Remarks|
|UR||OBC||SC / ST|
|1||18 to 33||02.07.1979||02.07.1976||02.07.1976||01.07.1994||For categories listed in para 2.03 to 2.08 Age relaxation as indicated will be applicable.|
Railway Recruitment Board Examination Fee 2012 :
1. No RRB examination fee for SC / ST / Ex – Servicemen / Physically Handicapped / Women / Minorities / Economically Backward classes candidates having annual family income less than 50,000/-.
2. For Unreserved Male / OBC Male candidates ( who is not coming within the purview of minority / economically backward communities ) examination fee of 60/- for each RRB application. Candidates should send separate Railway Recruitment Board application for each RRBs.
3. The RRB examination fee is non – refundable. It should be paid in the form of a crossed Demand Draft valid for a period of three months to be drawn at the main branch of any of the Nationalized Banks, or in the form of Crossed Indian Postal Order drawn in favour of ‘ Assistant Secretary or Secretary or Member Secretary or Chairman, Railway Recruitment Board ‘ of concerned RRB as mentioned in the para 15 given below. The Bank Drafts / Indian Postal Orders should be payable at the place where the Railway Recruitment Board is situated as mentioned in the para 15 given below. The Indian Postal Order / Bank Drafts should not be obtained earlier to the date of issue of this Employment Notice or after the closing date of receipt of Railway Recruitment Board Exam application form 2012.
4. The candidates should write the Centralised Employment Notice No., Name of the post/s applied for, Category Number of the post/s and their name and postal address on the reverse side of the Bank Draft / Front side at the space provided in the Indian Postal Order.
5. Remittance of examination fee in any other form except Bank Draft / Indian Postal Order will not be accepted ( except incase of Online applications wherever this facility is provided, RRB examination fee can be remitted through Bank Challan / Credit Card / Debit Card as provided for ).
6. The particulars of Bank Draft / Indian Postal Order submitted as examination fee should also be indicated at the prescribed place in the RRB Exam Application Form 2012. ( Item No. 6 (a) of Information Sheet ).
7. An RRB Preliminary & Main Exam application not accompanied with Bank Draft / IPO of requisite amount wherever required towards Railway Recruitment Board examination fee will be summarily rejected.
8. Minorities mean Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists and Zorastrians ( Parsis ). For claiming waiver of RRB examination fee, Minorities candidates should furnish ‘self declaration’ as mentioned in annexure – 08 along with RRB Preliminary Exam Application Form 2012. At the time of document verification such candidates claiming waiver of RRB examination fee will be required to furnish ‘minority community declaration’ affidavit on non – judicial stamp paper that he / she belongs to any of the above minority community. If the affidavit is not produced during document verification, the candidature will be rejected.
9. Economically backward classes mean the candidates whose annual family income is less than 50,000/-. They have to submit income certificate in the prescribed format as given in the annexure -7 on the letter head of the issuing authority at the time of applying for RRB Preliminary Exam 2012.
Railway Recruitment Board Exam Application Form 2012 :
1. The RRB Preliminary and Main Exam Application Form as per Annexure 1 & 2 should be filled up by the candidate in his / her own handwriting, with blue or black ball point pen ( not in pencil, fountain pen or gel pen ) dated and signed. Only international form of numerals i.e. 1, 2, 3 etc. should be used. The Railway Recruitment Board Preliminary & Main Exam 2012 Application Form should be filled up in English or in Hindi only, strictly observing all the instructions given in this Centralised Employment Notice. The candidates should affix his / her normal signature in English or in Hindi in the RRB Examination Application Form 2012. Applications signed in capital letters / spaced out letters will be treated as invalid.
2. The candidate’s Name, Address with Pin Code, Date of Birth, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name and nearest Railway Station should be written legibly in English in bold capital letters, even if the candidate fills up the RRB Preliminary & Main Exam Application Form in Hindi.
3. Photographs :
One recent ( not earlier than three months from the date of RRB Exam application ) colour photograph of size 3.5cm x 3.5 cm with clear front view of the candidate without cap and sunglasses should be pasted on the Railway Recruitment Board Exam Application Form in the space provided. Xerox copy of photographs is not permitted. The candidates should sign in the space provided in the box below the photograph. One identical extra colour photograph should be enclosed with the RRB Preliminary & Main Exam application, indicating candidate’s name and category number on the reverse of the photograph. Candidates may note that the RRB may reject the candidature at any stage for pasting old / unclear photograph on the Railway Recruitment Board Examination application or for any significant variations between photograph pasted in the RRB Exam 2012 application and the actual physical appearance of the candidate.
4. In item No.11 of RRB Preliminary & Main Exam 2012 Application Form, the candidates should indicate any clear visible marks of identification on their body like a mole on the nose, cut – mark on the forehead in the left side or a scar mark below the left arm, etc as the case may be . Incase there is no such visible identification mark on body, then “ Nil ” should be written in the place provided . The RRB Exam Application Form of the candidate is liable to be rejected if identification mark column is not filled up.
5. The candidate should put their Left Hand Thumb impression at the designated places in the Railway Recruitment Board Preliminary and Main Exam Application Form and in the Information Sheet. The Thumb impressions must be clear and complete. Ridges of the Thumb impressions must be clearly visible.
6. The candidate should copy the paragraph at item No. 12 of the Information Sheet in English / Hindi in their own running handwriting ( Not in capital / spaced out letters ), otherwise their RRB Exam applications will be rejected.
7. Railway Recruitment Board Preliminary & Main Exam 2012 Applications which are illegible, incomplete, unsigned, signed in capital letters, not in prescribed format, without colour photo of candidate, not having IPO / DD or having IPO / DD purchased before date of issue of and after closing date of Centralised Employment Notice are liable to be rejected.
8. The envelope containing the application should be clearly super – scribed “ Application for the Preliminary Examination for the notified categories of CEN No 03/2012 of RRB—– & Community ( SC / ST / OBC / PWD / Ex – SM ) ” failing which the RRB Preliminary Exam 2012 application will not be entertained.
1. (A) Enclosures for RRB Preliminary Exam Application Form 2012 :
The following enclosures as applicable to each individual candidate should be firmly stitched along with the Railway Recruitment Board Preliminary Exam application in the given order :
1. RRB Exam 2012 Application Form in the prescribed format.
2. Information Sheet in the prescribed form.
3. A valid Indian Postal Order or the Bank Draft for the amount as prescribed in the Centralised Employment Notice, wherever required.
4. One copy of identical colour photograph of size 3.5cm x 3.5 cm firmly stitched to the RRB Preliminary & Main Exam 2012 application ( apart from one copy pasted on the form ).
5. Self Attested Photostat copy of caste certificate from competent authority in the case of SC / ST candidates.
6. Disability Certificate in prescribed format by persons with disabilities.
7. Declaration from the visually handicapped candidates / those candidates whose writing speed is affected by cerebral palsy and scribe to be engaged for writing the RRB Preliminary & Main examination 2012.
8. Ex – Servicemen candidates should submit self attested Photostat copy of the discharge certificate.
9. Income certificate in the prescribed format as shown in annexure – 7 for Economically Backward classes candidates for waiver of the RRB examination fee on the letter head of issuing authorities.
10. ” Minority self declaration ” for waiver of the Railway Recruitment Board examination fee for minority community candidates.
1. (B) Enclosures for detailed RRB application form for Main ( Second Stage ) Examinations :
1. Detailed Railway Recruitment Board Exam Application Form ( Format will be available on the websites of the concerned RRBs after declaration of result of RRB Preliminary Examination ).
2. One copy of identical colour photograph of size 3.5cm x 3.5 cm firmly stitched to the RRB Main Exam application ( apart from one copy pasted on the form ).
3. Self Attested Photostat copy of Matriculation / High school examination certificate indicating date of birth.
4. Self Attested Photostat copy of Educational and / or Professional Qualification prescribed for the post being applied.
5. Self Attested Photostat copy of caste certificate from competent authority in the case of SC / ST candidates ( as given in annexure-3 ) and in the case of OBC candidates ( as per annexure – 4, format of which will be available on the websites of the concerned RRBs after declaration of result of Preliminary Examination ). Self declaration from OBC candidates regarding non creamy layer status in the proforma as per annexure 5, format of which will be available on the websites of the concerned RRBs after declaration of result of Preliminary Examination.
6. Ex – Servicemen candidates should enclose the appropriate certificate issued by the competent authority for the equivalence of their educational / technical qualification.
7. No objection certificate from the competent authority, if already employed in Railways or any Government department / public sector undertakings.
8. Self attested Photostat copy of requisite certificates incase of candidates claiming any other type of age relaxation under para 2.04, 2.06 & 2.07 above.
2. Invalid Railway Recruitment Board Exam Applications :
Candidates are requested to read all instructions thoroughly before sending their RRB Preliminary and Main Exam applications to the RRB. Otherwise, their Railway Recruitment Board Exam applications are likely to be rejected on one or more of the following reasons. In case the RRB application is rejected, the candidate will be intimated by business post ( ordinary ) regarding the reason of rejection.
1. RRB Preliminary & Main Exam Application received before the date of publication of the Notification & Applications received after the closing date of Centralised Employment Notification.
2. Passage not copied in the information sheet (or) copied in capital letters.
3. RRB Recruitment Application without signatures (or) signatures done in capital letters ( or different type of signatures at different places of the RRB application ).
4. Left hand thumb impression not affixed / blurred / smudged on the Application Form & Information Sheet.
5. Copies of requisite certificates not enclosed. ( (i) Community Certificate for SC / ST, (ii) Discharge certificate for Ex – Servicemen candidates, (iii) Disability certificate for Persons with disabilities, (iv) Income certificate by Economically backward classes candidates for waiver of examination fee, (v) ‘Minority self declaration’ by minority candidates for waiver of Railway Recruitment Board examination fee etc ).
6. Fee – postal order / DD not enclosed or less fee enclosed or invalid IPO / DD i.e. IPO / DD purchased before date of issue of and after closing date of Centralised Employment Notice.
7. Identification marks column not filled up.
8. Do not possess the prescribed qualification for the post on the closing date of Centralised Employment Notification.
9. Over aged or under aged or Date of Birth not filled or wrongly filled.
10. Double or multiple applications submitted for the same post in same RRB.
11. Railway Recruitment Board Exam Application without colour photo (or) photo with cap, wearing goggles, disfigured, unrecognizable, or scanned or Xerox copy.
12. More than one RRB Exam application in single envelope.
13. Candidate’s name is figuring in the debarred list.
14. Incomplete / illegible Railway Recruitment Board Preliminary & Main Exam application form 2012.
15. RRB Preliminary & Main Exam 2012 Application not in the prescribed format.
16. Application addressed to other RRBs.
17. RRB Application filled in a language other than English / Hindi.
18. Any other irregularities which are considered invalid by RRB.
3. Recruitment Process for Railway Recruitment Board 2012 :
1. The candidate who has selected one of the regional languages as the medium of RRB examination in item no. 04 of Information Sheet of the Railway Recruitment Board Exam Application Form ( Annexure 2 ) will be supplied question booklet in English, Hindi, Urdu and regional language of the RRB concerned. Those who have not opted regional languages, as medium of RRB examination will be supplied question booklet in English, Hindi and Urdu only.
2. The selection is made strictly as per merit. There will be a RRB common Preliminary Examination for all the notified categories. Those who qualify for the RRB Main ( second stage ) Exams will have the option to appear in the Railway Recruitment Board Main ( second stage ) Examinations as detailed in para above. In addition qualifying Skill Test ( Typing Test ) will also be conducted for the post of Junior Accounts Assistant cum Typist / Senior Clerk Cum Typist.
RRB Aptitude test will also be conducted for the post of Assistant Station Master and Traffic Assistant. Short listed candidates will be called for verification of the original documents according to merit ( incase of ASM & Traffic Assistant, the merit will be drawn only for the candidates qualifying in the aptitude test, with 70 % weightage being given to the marks obtained in the RRB Main ( second stage ) Examination & 30 % weightage being given to the marks obtained in the aptitude test ), availability of vacancies and reservation rules.
3. There shall be negative marking in RRB written examinations and marks shall be deducted for each wrong answer @ 1 / 3 of the allotted marks for each question.
4. The standard of RRB questions for the written examinations will be generally in conformity with the educational standards and / or technical qualifications prescribed for the posts. The RRB Questions will be of objective type with multiple answers and likely to include questions pertaining to General Awareness, Arithmetic, General Intelligence and reasoning. The question paper will be in English, Hindi, Urdu and regional languages as indicated in para 15 given below and the duration of the examination will be 90 minutes with approximately 100 to 120 questions.
5. The Railway Recruitment Board, at its discretion may hold additional written test(s) and / or skill test / aptitude test if considered necessary for all or for a limited number of candidates as may be deemed fit by Railway Recruitment Board.
6. The date, time and venue of the RRB written examination and Skill Test / aptitude test will be fixed by the RRB and will be intimated to the eligible candidates in due course. Request for postponement of the examination / skill test / aptitude test and change of centre / venue will not be entertained under any circumstance.
7. Stages of Railway Recruitment Board Exam 2012 :
a) RRB Common Preliminary Examination ( i.e. stage I ) for all the notified categories.
b) RRB Main ( second stage ) Exam for Cat. No. 1 &2 – followed by Verification of documents.
c) Railway Recruitment Board Main ( second stage ) Exam for Cat. No. 3&4 – followed by verification of documents.
d) RRB Main ( second stage ) Exam for Cat. No. 5 & 6, qualifying typing test followed by Verification of documents.
e) Railway Recruitment Board Main ( second stage ) Exam for Cat. No. 7&8, aptitude test followed by Verification of documents. Based on the performance of candidates in the Main ( second stage ) Examination and skill test for Cat. No. 5&6 / aptitude test for Cat. No. 7&8, the candidates equal to the number of vacancies will be called for document verification in the main list. In addition 50% extra candidates shall also be called as standby candidates. They shall be considered for empanelment only if there is shortfall in empanelment from the main list. During document verification, the candidates will have to produce their original certificates. No additional time will be given and the candidature of the candidates not producing their original certificates on the date of verification is liable to be forfeited.
8. The RRB appointment of selected candidates is subject to his / her passing requisite Medical Fitness Test to be conducted by the Railway Administration, final verification of educational and community certificate and verification of antecedent / character of the candidate.
4. Medical Fitness Test for Railway Recruitment Board Jobs 2012 :
The candidates recommended for RRB appointment will have to pass requisite medical fitness test(s) conducted by the Railway Administration to ensure that the candidates are medically fit to carryout the duties connected with the post. Visual Acuity Standard is one of the important criteria of medical fitness of railway staff. The medical requirements against different medical standards for different categories are outlined below :
a. A-2 : Physically fit in all respects. Visual Standards — Distance vision: 6/9, 6/9 without glasses. Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 without glasses and must pass test for Colour Vision, Binocular Vision, Field of Vision & Night Vision.
b. C-1 : Physically fit in all respects. Visual Standards — Distance Vision: 6/12, 6/18 with or without glasses. Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses when reading or close work is required.
(i) The above medical standards ( Criteria ) are indicative and not exhaustive and apply to candidates in general.
(ii) For Ex – Servicemen & PWD candidates different standards will apply.
(iii) Candidates qualifying in RRB examination (s) / for these post but failing in prescribed medical examination(s) will not any case be considered for any alternative appointment.
(iv) Candidates who do not fulfill the prescribed medical standards need not apply.
5. Ex – Servicemen Candidates :
This Centralised employment notice contains some RRB vacancies reserved for ex-servicemen irrespective of their community. However, ex – servicemen may also apply against other vacancies not earmarked for them for which they will be granted age relaxation and fee exemption as indicated in para’s given below respectively.
1. The term Ex – Servicemen means a person who has served in any rank ( whether as a Combatant or non – Combatant ) in the regular Army, Navy or Air Force of the Indian Union but does not include a person who has served in the Defence Security Corps., the General Reserve Engineering Force, the Lok Sahayak Sena and the Para Military Forces; ( and )
2. Who has retired from such service after earning his / her pension ( or )
3. Who has been released from such service on medical grounds attributable to military service or circumstances beyond his control and awarded medical or other disability pension ( or )
4. Who has been released otherwise than on his own request as a result of reduction in such establishment ( or )
5. Who has been released from such service after completing the specific period of engagement otherwise than on his own request or by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency and has been given a gratuity and includes persons of the Territorial Army of the following categories :
- Pension holders for continuous embodied service.
- Pensioner with disabilities attributable to military service and
- Gallantry award winner.
6. For vacancies reserved for Ex – servicemen, an Ex – serviceman with 15 years active service in the armed forces with matriculation will be considered eligible to apply for the posts for which the minimum qualification is an University Degree provided the relevant certificate issued by the military authority is attached with the Detailed RRB Recruitment Application Form 2012.
The persons serving in the Armed Forces of the Union, who on retirement from service would come under the category of Ex – Servicemen may be permitted to apply for re – employment one year before the completion of the specific terms of engagement and avail themselves of all concessions available to Ex – Servicemen but shall not be permitted to leave the uniform until they complete the specific terms of engagement in the Armed Forces of the Union. Ex – Servicemen candidates who have already secured employment under Central Government in Group ‘C’ / ’D’ will be permitted the benefit of age relaxation as prescribed for Ex – Servicemen for securing another employment in a higher grade or cadre in Group ‘C’ / ’D’ under Central Government. However, such candidates will not be considered against the vacancies reserved for Ex – Servicemen in the Central Govt. jobs.
7. Ex – Servicemen are required to clearly indicate all required particulars including community in the Railway Recruitment Board Application Form and enclose all documentary proof including Community certificates in the prescribed format, as required.
6. Persons with Disabilities ( PWD ) :
1. 3% of the vacancies has been kept reserved against Physically Handicapped quota pending further orders except the Categories wherever indicated as suitable under the column, “ suitability for persons with disability ” . If decision is taken to fill up these vacancies for PWD candidates, a separate notification will be issued later. However those candidates coming under Persons with Disabilities can submit RRB Exam application for the post indicated as suitable under the column “ suitability for persons with disability ”. However, persons with disabilities indicated as suitable, may also apply as normal candidates against the vacancies earmarked for their respective community i.e. UR / SC / ST / OBC, for those posts, which have been identified suitable for persons with disabilities, even if no separate vacancies are earmarked for them.
2. Concessions :
i) Persons with disabilities are exempted from payment of examination fee irrespective of the fact whether the post is reserved or identified as suitable for PWDs.
ii) Relaxation of 10 years in upper age limit – applicable irrespective of the fact whether the post is reserved or not, provided the post is identified as suitable for PWDs. In addition, the candidates belonging to OBC and SC / ST are eligible for normal relaxation of 3 and 5 years respectively.
3. Definitions of Disabilities :
Definitions of categories of disabilities for the purpose of recruitment are given below :
(a) Blindness :
‘ Blindness ’ refers to a condition where a person suffers from any of the following conditions, namely :
- total absence of sight; or
- visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 ( snellen ) in the better eye with correcting lense ;
- limitation of the field of vision subtending an angle of 20 degrees or worse ;
(b) Low vision :
“ Person with low vision ” means a person with impairment of visual functioning even after treatment or standard refractive correction but who uses or is potentially capable of using vision for the planning or execution of a task with appropriate assistive device.
(c) Hearing impairment :
“ Hearing Impairment ” means loss of sixty decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies.
(d) Locomotor disability : “ Locomotor disability ” means disability of the bones, joints or muscles leading to substantial restriction of the movement of the limbs or any form of cerebral palsy.
(e) Cerebral Palsy: “ Cerebral Palsy ” means a group of non – progressive conditions of a person characterized by abnormal motor control posture resulting from brain insult or injuries occurring in the pre – natal, peri – natal or infant period of development (f) All the case of orthopaedically handicapped persons would be covered under the category of “ Locomotor disability or cerebral palsy. ”
4. Degree of Disability for Reservation :
Only such persons would be eligible for reservation in services / posts who suffer from not less than 40 per cent of relevant disability. A person who wants to avail the benefit of reservation will have to submit a Disability Certificate issued by a competent authority as given.
5. Competent Authority to Issue Disability Certificate :
The competent authority to issue Disability Certificate shall be a Medical Board duly constituted by the Central or a State Government. The Central / State Government may constitute Medical Board (s) consisting of at least three members out of which at least one shall be a specialist in the particular field for assessing locomotor / cerebral / visual / hearing disability, as the case may be.
6. Visually Handicapped candidates / those candidates whose writing speed is affected by Cerebral Palsy can avail the assistance of scribe for writing answers on their behalf. For engaging the scribe, the candidate will have to suitably inform the RRB in advance.
The engagement of scribe will be subject to the following conditions :
(a) The candidates will have to arrange their own scribes at their own cost during the examination. Separate Admit Cards will be issued to the scribes accompanying the Visually Handicapped candidates. RRB Admit cards should contain the particulars and photograph of the scribe duly signed by him/her.
(b) The academic qualification of the scribe should be one grade below the qualification prescribed for the post for which recruitment is being made.
(c) The scribe can be from any academic discipline different from that of the candidate. He / She should not have secured more than 60% marks in the qualification mentioned at (b) above.
(d) The candidates as well as the scribe will have to give a suitable undertaking along with the Railway Recruitment Board Exam application conforming that the scribe fulfills all the stipulated eligibility criteria for a scribe as mentioned above. In case it transpires later that he / she did not fulfill any of the laid down eligibility criteria or there has been suppression of material facts, the candidature of the applicant will stand cancelled irrespective of the result of the RRB examination 2012. The Visually Handicapped candidate shall be responsible for any misconduct on the part of the scribe brought by him / her. The undertaking, as given in the, should be submitted by the Visually Handicapped candidates / candidates whose writing speed is affected by Cerebral Palsy, along with his / her RRB Exam application form 2012.
7. All one eyed candidates and VH candidates whose visual degree of disability is less than 40% shall not be considered as Visually Handicapped persons and the provision for engaging scribe shall not be applicable to them.
8. All selected candidates will be subjected to RRB medical examination by Railway Medical Authority at the time of appointment and only those conforming to the medical standards as laid down in the Indian Railway Medical Manual and other extant provisions, as the case may be, will be eligible for RRB appointment 2012. Selection does not imply appointment in Railways.
7. Serving Employees :
Shortlisted candidates for RRB Main ( second stage ) Examination, serving in any Central / State Government Department including Railways or Public Sector Undertaking should apply through proper channel or should apply directly to the RRB, with No Objection Certificate from the employer to avoid delay. The last date of receipt of Detailed RRB Exam Application Forms for the Main ( second stage ) Examination in the office of Railway Recruitment Board will not be extended on account of any delay in transmitting the application by the concerned office. Advance copy of the Detailed Application Form without NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE will not be entertained. Detailed Applications Forms received after closing date and time will also not be accepted.
8. Online Submission of Application :
1. Candidates have the option to fill up their application online, wherever such facility is provided by respective RRB. For this, they should visit the website of the RRB concerned and fill up their detailed Bio-data in the Application Form and upload the applicable scanned documents on the website.
9. Miscellaneous :
1. The entire employment notice along with all Annexures will also be available on the website of RRBs. Candidates can print the Application Forms and Information Sheets along with annexures and use for sending applications to RRBs.
2. All Enclosures should be either in English or in Hindi only. Where certificates are not in English / Hindi, self attested translated version ( In Hindi / English ) should be enclosed. The applications without the requisite enclosures will be rejected. Any of the above enclosures sent separately will not be entertained.
3. RRB reserves the right to reject the candidature of any applicant at any stage in the process of recruitment if any irregularity / deficiency is noticed in the application.
4. RRB may hold written examination anywhere in the country. The Centres allotted by RRB will be final and binding.
5. RRB reserves the right to conduct additional written examination / typing skill test / document verification at any stage. RRBs also reserves the right to cancel part or whole of any recruitment process at any stage for any of the categories notified in this Centralised Employment Notice without assigning any reason thereof.
6. The decision of RRBs in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the applications, issue of free Rail Passes, penalty for false information, mode of selection, conduct of written examination, Skill test / aptitude test, allotment of examination centre, selection, allotment of posts to selected candidates etc will be final and binding on the candidates and no enquiry or correspondence will be entertained by the Railway Recruitment Board in this regard.
7. Candidates finally selected are liable to be posted anywhere on Indian Railways, if required.
8. The Railway Recruitment Boards are not responsible for any inadvertent error.
9. Any legal issues arising out of this Centralised Employment Notice shall fall within the legal jurisdiction of respective Central Administrative Tribunals under which the concerned RRB is located.
10. In the event of any dispute about interpretation, the English version will be treated as final.
10. Impersonation / Suppression of Facts / Warning :
01. No Candidate should attempt impersonation or take the help of any impersonator at any stage of the selection process. Otherwise the candidates will be debarred for life from appearing in all RRB examinations as well as debarred from any appointment in Railways, in addition, legal action will be taken against the candidate.
02. Any material suppression of facts or submitting forge certificate / caste certificate by a candidate for securing eligibility and / or obtaining privileges including free travel for appearing in the examination shall lead to rejection of his / her candidature for the particular recruitment for which he / she has applied. Further, he / she will also be debarred from all examinations conducted by all RRBs all over the country for a period of 2 years and legal action can be initiated, if warranted.
03. A candidate will be debarred from examinations of all RRBs for a specified period / life time if (i) the candidate submits multiple applications for the same post and category; (ii) the candidate submits multiple applications with different community for the same post & category; (iii) the candidate submits multiple applications with different photo (face) for same post & category and (iv) the candidate submits multiple applications with different documents for the same post & category.
04. Any candidate found using unfair means in the examination or sending someone else in his/her place to appear in the examination will be debarred from appearing in all the examinations of all the RRBs for lifetime. He/she will also be debarred from getting any appointment in the Railways. Such candidates are liable to be prosecuted by lodging FIR.
05. Furnishing of any false information to the RRB or deliberate suppression of any information at any stage will render the candidate disqualified and debarred from appearing at any selection or examination for appointment on the Railways or to any other Govt. service and if appointed the service of such candidate is liable to be terminated.
06. Warning :
Beware of Touts and job racketeers trying to deceive you by false promises of securing job in Railways either through influence or by use of unfair and unethical means. RRB has not appointed any agent(s) or coaching center(s) for action on its behalf. Candidates are warned against any such claims being made by persons/agencies. Candidates are selected purely as per merit. Please beware of unscrupulous elements and do not fall in their trap. Candidates attempting to influence RRB directly or indirectly shall be disqualified and legal action can be initiated against them.
General Instructions for Railway Recruitment Board Examination 2012 :
1.01 ( A ) Candidates Should Note That :
(i) Their admission to all the stages of the RRB examination will be purely Provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions.
(ii) Mere issue of call letter to the candidate will not imply that his / her candidature has been finally cleared by the RRB.
(iii) RRB conducts verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents only after the candidate has qualified in all the required stages of Railway Recruitment Board examination 2012.
1.01 (B) Prima facie, eligibility at the RRB Preliminary Examination stage shall be adjudged on the basis of self declaration of the candidate. No documentary proof is being called for at this stage except the SC / ST caste certificate for the purpose of issuing free Railway passes for such candidates. Candidates are therefore advised to ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility norms as on the closing date of this notification. RRB may reject the application of candidates at any stage of RRB recruitment process in case the candidate is not fulfilling the requisite criteria, and if appointed, such candidates are liable to be removed from service summarily.
1.01 (C) The candidate should have the requisite Educational / Technical qualifications from recognized University / Institute as on the closing date of submission of the RRB Preliminary & Main Exam application form 2012. Those awaiting results of the RRB final examination need not apply.
1.02 The candidates who have been debarred for life from all RRB examinations or the candidates who have been debarred for a specified period which is not yet completed, need not apply in response to this Centralized Employment Notice. Their candidature will be rejected during any stage of recruitment as and when detected.
1.03 Candidates should fill up the application in his / her own handwriting and must sign as well as put their left hand thumb impressions at the prescribed places. RRB Preliminary and Main Examination Applications should be filled either in English or in Hindi. Railway Recruitment Board Exam 2012 Application should be on a good quality A4 size bond paper ( 80 GSM ) using one side only.
Employment News or Newspaper cuttings should not be used as RRB Exam application form 2012. Candidates purchasing printed Railway Recruitment Board Application Form from the market should ensure that it conforms to the prescribed format published in the Centralized Employment Notice / available on the website of RRBs. The candidates can also make photocopy of the Application Form as given in the Employment News / Rozgar Samachar and then fill up the details.
They can also download the RRB Preliminary & Main Exam 2012 Application Form from the website of the RRBs. The detailed centralised employment notice has also been displayed on the notice board in the offices of RRBs. The candidates should send their Railway Recruitment Board Job application sufficiently in advance before the closing date. RRBs will not be responsible for any postal delay / wrong delivery at any stage of the RRB selection process 2012.
1.04 The candidates are required to sign in English or in Hindi in the prescribed places provided in RRB Preliminary & Main Exam 2012 Application Form and Information Sheet. The signatures on Railway Recruitment Board Application Form, Information sheet, Answer Sheet, Question Booklet and other places should be identical. The signatures must be in running hand and not in block capital or disjointed letters. Signatures at the time of RRB Vacancy 2012 application, written examination and document verification in different style or language may result in cancellation of candidature.
1.05 a) There shall be one common RRB Preliminary Examination for all the notified eight categories. Only one single application ( i.e. common for all the eight notified categories ) is required to the submitted by the candidate.
b) Candidates submitting more than one RRB application for Preliminary Exam to the same RRB will be summarily rejected & also debarred from RRB examinations as per para given below.
c) Based on the performance of candidates in the RRB Preliminary Exam, the candidates equal to 15 times of the number of vacancies will be shortlisted for second stage Railway Recruitment Board written examinations subject to obtaining the prescribed minimum qualifying marks in their respective community.
1.06 (a)There shall be four RRB Main ( second stage ) Examinations on different dates / shifts for the Category Groupings as indicated in the table below i.e. one Main ( second stage ) Exam for each Group. Candidates who shall qualify the RRB Preliminary Examination ( stage I ) will have the option to apply for one or all or any of the four Railway Recruitment Board Main ( second stage ) Examinations provided they fulfill the prescribed medical standards as given in the vacancy table. For Group IV, candidates will be required to submit a medial certificate obtained from an Eye Specialist as per proforma given at the time of submission of Detailed RRB Preliminary & Main Exam Application Form 2012.
|Grouping for Main ( Second Stage )||Name of Main ( Second Stage ) Exam||Single Detailed Application Form for Main ( Second Stage ) Exam ( to be submitted after declaration of result of Preliminary Exam )|
|Group I||Main ( Second Stage ) Exam for CA / TA||Single Detailed Application Form for category no. 1 & 2|
|Group II||Main ( second stage ) Exam for ECR / Goods uard||Single Detailed Application Form for category no. 3 & 4|
|Group III||Main ( second stage ) Exam for JAA / Senior Clerk||Single Detailed Application Form for category no. 5 & 6.|
|Group IV||Main ( second stage ) Exam for ASM / Traffic Assistant||Single Detailed Application Form for category no. 7 & 8|
(b) Format of Detailed RRB Exam Application Form will be available on the websites of the RRBs after declaration of the result of Preliminary Examination.
(c) Candidates will have to submit separate Detailed Railway Recruitment Board of Application Forms for each group of combined categories as above, duly indicating their order of preference for the categories within that group. It is compulsory for the candidates to give the priority of categories. Once the choice is made, it shall be final & cannot be changed. If the candidate does not give any priority in the RRB Detailed Application Form, the RRB shall reserve the right to allot any category depending upon the vacancy position which shall be treated as final.
(d) Common examination will be conducted for such combined categories, i.e. the candidate will be writing a single examination for all the categories within such group as per his choice of priority. A single Roll No. will be allotted to such candidates in a Group covering all the categories he / she has applied for.
(e)After the Railway Recruitment Board selection process, the category allotted by RRB to the candidates shall be final. Request for change in category allotted will not be entertained.
1.07 Candidates should note that only the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation / High School Examination Certificate or an equivalent Certificate as on the date of submission of applications will only be accepted by the RRB.
1.08 Serving Defence Personnel likely to be released within one year of the closing date ( i.e. 11.06.2013 only ) can also apply against Ex – Servicemen vacancies.
1.09 Vacancies of Ex – Servicemen and persons with disability given in the above table are not separate but included in the total number of RRB vacancies 2012. Incase of Persons with Disability ( PWD ), if any vacancies which are reserved for them cannot be filled due to non availability of suitable candidates under that category of disability or for any other sufficient reason such vacancy / vacancies shall not be filled.
1.10 The number of Railway Recruitment Board vacancies indicated in this Centralized Employment Notice is provisional and may increase or decrease or even become nil depending upon the actua1 needs of the Railway Administration. The Administration also reserves the right to cancel the notified RRB vacancies at its discretion and such decision will be final and binding on all. In the event of cancellation of notified vacancies, the RRB examination fee paid by the candidates will not be refunded.
1.11 Dates of all RRB examinations and results are published in Employment News / Rozgar Samachar and also indicated in local dailies. These shall also be notified on the website of the concerned Railway Recruitment Boards. RRB Exam Call letters for Preliminary Examination are sent to candidates by business post ( ordinary ). Railway Recruitment Board Call letters to the shortlisted candidates for the RRB Main ( second stage ) Exam / aptitude test / skill test / typing test / documents verification / information for empanelment will be sent by registered post / speed post.
The candidates whose RRB Exam applications are rejected shall be intimated through business post ( ordinary ) along with the cause of rejection. The details of eligible as well as ineligible candidates for a particular post shall also be put on the website of the concerned Railway Recruitment Boards at least one week prior to the RRB written examination for that post. RRBs will not be responsible for any postal delay / wrong delivery of call letters / Rejection letters. RRBs do not intimate candidates who are not selected in RRB written examination or any other test.
1.12 Selection by RRB does not confer upon candidates any right of RRB appointment in Railway. The function of the RRB is to recommend names of suitable candidates to the Chief Personnel Officer of the concerned Zonal Railway / Production Unit who in turn issues the offer of appointment letter subject to the availability of Railway Recruitment Board vacancies and candidates being found medically fit and satisfying all eligibility criteria.
1.13 Selected candidates will have to undergo training wherever training is prescribed for the post.
1.14 Emoluments on initial appointment will be minimum pay of the Pay band plus Grade pay plus other allowances admissible at that time. During training period only stipend will be paid as applicable. Candidate may have to give security deposit and execute indemnity bond wherever necessary.
1.15 a) While all candidates irrespective of community may be considered against UR vacancies, however against the vacancies earmarked for SC / ST community, only candidates belonging to that community / group will be considered. For this purpose, SC / ST candidates should furnish Caste Certificate from competent authorities as per the format given ( for SC / ST candidates ). Candidates who wish to be considered against vacancies reserved for SC / ST and / or seek age relaxation must submit requisite certificate from the competent authority in the prescribed format along with the RRB Preliminary Exam Application Form itself. Otherwise, their claim for SC / ST status will not be entertained and the candidature / Railway Recruitment Board applications of such candidates fulfilling all RRB eligibility conditions for General (UR) category will be considered under General ( UR ) category only.
b) While all candidates irrespective of community may be considered against UR vacancies, however against the vacancies earmarked for OBC community, only candidates belonging to that community / group will be considered. For this purpose, OBC candidates should furnished Caste Certificate at the time of submission of Detailed Application Form for RRB Main ( second stage ) Examinations 2012.
The caste certificate shall be issued from the competent authorities as per the format given ( for OBC candidates for appointment to post under the Government of India ). Further, in case of OBC candidates, the certificates should specially indicate that the candidate does not belong to the Persons / Sections ( Creamy Layer ) mentioned in Col.3 of the Schedule of the Government of India, Department of Personnel and Training O.M. No.3601 2/22/9-Estt. ( SCT ) dated 08.09.93 & its subsequent revision through O.M.No.36033/3/2004-Estt. ( Res. ) dated 09.03.2004, further revision if any received till the closing date of the RRB notification 2012.
The OBC candidates should also enclose self declaration of non – creamy layer status in the proforma as given at the time of submission of Detailed Railway Recruitment Board Application Form for Main ( second stage ) Examination. Candidates who wish to be considered against vacancies reserved for OBC and / or seek age relaxation must submit requisite certificate from the competent authority and self declaration of non creamy layer status, in the prescribed format along with the Detailed RRB Application Form for Main ( second stage ) Examination. Otherwise, their claim for OBC status will not be entertained and the candidature / applications of such candidates fulfilling all eligibility conditions for RRB General ( UR ) category will be considered under General ( UR ) category only.
1.16 Candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC who fulfill required educational qualification / technical qualifications can also apply against UR vacancies. They will, however, have to compete with the UR candidates. No age relaxation will be allowed to such SC / ST / OBC candidates applying against UR vacancies.
1.17 Free Second Class Railway Pass as and when admissible will be issued to the candidates belonging to SC / ST communities when they are called for RRB written examination or Skill test / document verification provided they submit valid caste certificate at the time of submission of RRB application for Preliminary Exam itself.
1.18 Selected male candidates who are finally appointed are liable for active service in Railway Engineer’s Unit of Territorial Army.
1.19 Female candidates are also eligible for all categories . However, it may be noted that some categories involve duties which are arduous in nature and call for working in shifts at odd hours, at road side station also away from headquarters.
1.20 Any subsequent changes in the terms and conditions of this Centralized Employment Notice as per extant rules will stand good. RRBs reserve the right to consider / incorporate any subsequent changes / modifications / additions in the terms & conditions to recruitment under this Centralized Employment Notice necessitated and applicable.
1.21 A Candidate shall be free to apply to more than one RRB but he / she will be doing so at his / her own risk as the examination will be held by all RRBs on the same date.
The details regarding Railway Recruitment Board applications to be addressed to, Grouping of categories for submission of single RRB application for Preliminary Exam, IPOs / DDs to be Drawn in favour of & regional language options are indicated below :
Table I :
|Name of RRB||Website Address & Phone Numbers||Application to be addressed to||Single ( i.e. common ) application for Preliminary Exam.||DDs / IPOs to be drawn in favour of|
|Ahmedabad||www.rrbahmedabad.gov.in 079 – 22940858||Assistant Secretary , Railway Recruitment Board, First Floor, Meter Gauge Railway Station Building, Ahmedabad – 380 002.||Single application for Cat. no. 1, 2 & 4||Assistant Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board, Ahmedabad payable at Ahmedabad.|
|Ajmer||www.rrbajmer.org 0145 – 2423292||Assistant Secretary , Railway Recruitment Board, 2010, Nehru Marg, Ambedkar Circle, Ajmer – 305 028.||Single application for Cat. no. 2 & 4||Assistant Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board, Ajmer payable at Ajmer|
|Allahabad||www.rrbald.nic.in 0532 – 2430472||Member Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board, Opp. to GMNCR office Building , Near Subedarganj Rly. Hospital, Subedarganj, Allhabad – 211 033.||Single application for Cat. no. 1, 2,3,4,6 & 7||Member Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board, Allahabad payable at Allahabad.|
|Bangalore||www.rrbbnc.gov.in 080 – 23330378||Member Secretary , Railway Recruitment Board, 18, Millers Road, Bangalore – 560 046||Single application for Cat. no. 1, 3, 5, 6 & 7||Chairman, Railway Recruitment Board, Bangalore payable at Bangalore.|
|Bhopal||www.rrbbhopal.gov.in 0755 – 2746660||Assistant Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board, East Railway Colony, Bhopal – 462 053.||Single application for Cat. no. 1, 2,3,4,6 & 7||Assistant Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board, Bhopal payable at Bhopal.|
|Bhubaneswar||www.rrbbbs.gov.in 0674 – 2303015||Assistant Secretary , Railway Recruitment Board, D – 79 / 80, Rail Vihar, Chandrasekharpur, Bhubaneswar ( Orissa ) – 751 023.||Single application for Cat. no. 1,2, 3, 4, 6 & 7||Assistant Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board, Bhubaneswar payable at Bhubaneswar.|
|Bilaspur||www.rrbbilaspur.gov.in 07752 – 247291||Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board, Beside office of General Manager SEC Railway Head Quarter, Office Complex, Bilaspur ( C.G. ) – 495 004.||Single application for Cat. no. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7||Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board, Bilaspur payable at Bilaspur.|
|Chandigarh||www.rrbcdg.gov.in 0172 – 2793414||Assistant Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board, SCO No 34, 2 Floor, Sector 7 – C, Madhya Marg, Chandigarh – 160 019.||Single application for Cat. no. 2, 4 & 5||Assistant Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board, Chandigarh payable at Chandigarh.|
|Chennai||www.rrbchennai.net 044 – 28275323||Assistant Secretary , Railway Recruitment Board, 5, Dr. P.V. Cherian Cressent Road Behind Ethiraj College, Egmore, Chennai – 600 008.||Single application for Cat. no. 3, 4,5, 6 & 7||Assistant Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board, Chennai payable at Chennai.|
|Gorakhpur||www.rrbgkp.gov.in 0551 – 2201209||Assistant Secretary , Railway Recruitment Board, Station Road, Gorakhpur – 273 012.||Single application for Cat. no. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 & 7||Chairman, Railway Recruitment Board, Gorakhpur payable at Gorakhpur .|
|Guwahati||www.rrbguwahati.gov.in 0361 – 2540815||Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board, Station Road, Pan Bazar, Guwahati – 781 001||Single application for Cat. no. 1, 3, 4, 5 & 7||Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board Guwahati payable at Guwahati .|
|Jammu – Srinagar||www.rrbjammu.nic.in 0191 – 2476757||Assistant Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board Jammu – Srinagar, Railway Colony ( West ), Jammu – 180 012.||Single application for Cat. no. 2, 3, 4,5, 6 & 7||Assistant Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board Jammu – Srinagar, Jammu payable at Jammu .|
|Kolkata||www.rrbkolkata.org 033 – 25432004, 033 – 32017928.||Assistant Secretary , Railway Recruitment Board, Metro Railway, A.V. Complex, Chitpur ( Opp. to R.G. Kar Medical College & Hospital ), R.G. Kar Road, Kolkata – ( W.B. ) 700 037.||Single application for Cat. no. 1, 2, 3,4,6, 7 & 8||Assistant Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board, Kolkata payable at Kolkata .|
|Malda||www.rrbmalda.gov.in 03512 – 264567||Assistant Secretary , Railway Recruitment Board, Kalibari Railway Colony, PO – Jhaljhalia, Malda – ( W.B. ) 732 102.||Single application for Cat. no. 2||Assistant Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board, Malda payable at Malda .|
|Mumbai||www.rrbmumbai.gov.in 022 – 23090422||Assistant Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board, Divisional Office Compound, Mumbai Central, Mumbai – 400 202.||Single application for Cat. no. 1, 2, 3, 5, 6 & 7||Assistant Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board, Mumbai payable at Mumbai .|
|Patna||www.rrbpatna.gov.in 0612 – 2677680||Assistant Secretary , Railway Recruitment Board, Mahendrughat, Patna – 800 004.||Single application for Cat.no. 3, 5 & 6||Assistant Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board, Patna payable at Patna .|
|Ranchi||www.rrbranchi.org 0651 – 2462429||Member Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board, Railway Office complex, Chutia, Ranchi ( Jharkhand ) – 834 027.||Single application for Cat. no. 2 & 6||Member Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board, Ranchi payable at Ranchi.|
|Secunderabad||www.rrbsecunderabad.nic.in 040 – 27821663||Assistant Secretary , Railway Recruitment Board, South Lallaguda, Secunderabad – 500 017.||Single application for Cat. no. 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 & 7||Assistant Secretary , Railway Recruitment Board, Secunderabad payable at Secunderabad|
|Siliguri||www.rrbsiliguri.org 0353 – 2525431||Assistant Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board, Siliguri, Shubash Pally, Bagrakot, Dist-Darjeeling – Siliguri – 734001 ( W.B. ).||Single application for Cat. no. 1, 4 & 7||Assistant Secretary , Railway Recruitment Board, Siliguri payable at Siliguri|
|Thiruvananthapuram||www.rrbthiruvananthapuram.net 0471 – 2323357||Assistant Secretary , Railway Recruitment Board, Thampanoor, Thiruvananthapuram – 695 001.||Single application for Cat. no. 4,5,6 & 7||Assistant Secretary, Railway Recruitment Board, Thiruvananthapuram payable at Thiruvananthapuram .|
Table II :
|Name of RRB||Tentative Exam Towns||Regional Language choice ( in addition to Hindi, English & Urdu )|
|Ajmer||Ajmer, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota & Bikaner||Gujarati, Punjabi|
|Allahabad||Allahabad & Lucknow||-|
|Bangalore||Bangalore||Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Konkani|
|Bilaspur||Bilaspur, Raipur & Nagpur||Marathi, Oriya|
|Gorakhpur||Gorakhpur & Lucknow||-|
|Guwahati||Guwahati||Assamese, Bengali, Manipuri|
|Jammu – Srinagar||Jammu||Punjabi|
|Mumbai||Mumbai||Marathi, Gujarati, Kannada|
|Secunderabad||Secunderabad & Hyderabad||Telugu, Marathi, Kannada, Oriya|
|Siliguri||Siliguri||Bengali & Assamese|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Thiruvanthapu ram||Malayalam, Tamil, Kannada|
The RRB Preliminary Exam for the notified categories is tentatively scheduled to be held on 28.10.2012 at the locations as indicated against each RRB. However RRBs reserve the right to change the exam date without any notice. RRBs also reserve the right to change or add or delete exam towns based on the response and exigencies and may hold the RRB written examinations any where in the country. The centres allotted by RRBs to the candidates will be final and binding.