Recruitment in Northern Railway 2011
Railway Recruitment Cell,
New Delhi – 1,
Phone : 011-23385106.
Northern Railway Recruitment against Ex-Servicemen Quota
Closing Date for Receipt of Northern Railway Application Form 2011 : 10.01.2011 till 17:00 hrs.
Northern Railway Applications are invited from eligible Ex-Servicemen who fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned below for filling up vacancies in Pay Band-1 5200-20,200/- Grade Pay 1800/- in Northern Railway.
1. Eligibility for Northern Railway Ex-Servicemen Quota Recruitment : Ex-Servicemen who have retired after putting in 15 years of service and have passed Army Class-I Certificate or equivalent.
2. Age as on 01.01.2011 :
1. For UR candidate : 33 Years + extent of military service + 3 years.
2. For SC / ST candidate : 38 Years + extent military service + 3 years.
3. For OBC candidate : 36 Years + extent of military service + 3 years.
Only those ESM who have put in not less than six months continuous service will be given relaxation in age limit to the extent of period of service plus 3 years.
3. Northern Railway Exam Fee : There is no examination fee.
4. Mode of Ex-Servicemen Quota Job Selection : The recruitment shall be on the basis of scrutiny of applications and there will be no physical efficiency test or Northern Railway Written Test. The panel will be formed on the basis of the length of military service subject to medical fitness.
5. Extant instructions regarding reservation of SC / ST / OBC / PH will be applicable. Ex-servicemen belonging to these categories will be adjusted against the SC / ST / OBC vacancies in the respective categories.
6. Northern Railway Medical Examination : All candidates will undergo Medical Examination on the basis of Category being considered for appointment.
7. Filling up of Northern Railway Application Form 2011 : Eligible Ex-Servicemen should submit their Application as per format given below. Application should be made on good quality A4 size (210mm x 297mm) white paper to be used one side only. Northern Railway Applications in any other format will not be accepted.
8. Northern Railway Vacancies and Division / Units :
|SI. No.||Category||Category Code||Med. Class.||Vacancies||Division / Unit|
|2.||Gateman||B||A-3||62||Moradabad-15, Ambala-11, Firozpur-17 & Delhi-19|
|3.||Khalasi / Helper||C||B-1||456||CAO / Consl (Delhi)-40, Bridget, Delhi-73, Firozpur-137, TMC/HQ-12, Lucknow-26, Moradabad- 29 & Ambala-76|
|Cleaner||D||139||Moradabad-23, Lucknow-24 & Delhi-92|
|Gangman / Trackman||E||1041||Moradabad-148, Lucknow-228, Firozpur-266, Ambala-112, Delhi-247 & CAO/Const.-40|
|4.||Helper||F||C-1||278||Amritsar / Workshop-29, Jagadhari Workshop-115, Charbagh-Lucknow-35 & Alam Bagh-Lucknow-99|
|Safaiwala||G||41||Moradabad-10, Lucknow-12, Delhi-6, Norther Railway Centaral Hospltal-10 & Jagadhari Workshop-3|
|5.||Khalasi||H||C-2||39||Jagadhari Workshop-19, Alam Bagh-Lucknow-11 & Shakurbasti / Store-9|
9. Northern Railway Ex-Servicemen Quota Vacancies are at the following Divisions / Units :
|SI. No.||Location||Location Code No.||Posts available as per Cat. Code|
|1.||LKO||Lucknow Division / Alambagh Workshop / Charbagh Workshop||01||A, C, D, E, F, G & H|
|2,||MB||Moradabad Division||02||B, C, D, E & G|
|3.||LIMB||Ambala Division||03||B, C & E|
|4.||FZR||Firozpur Division||04||B, C & E|
|5.||DLI||Delhi Division / CAO (Const.) Delhi / Bridge / NRCH / TMC (HQ) / Shakurbasti (Stores)||05||B, C, D, E, G & H|
|7.||JUDW||Jagadhari Workshop||07||F, G & H|
10. The Candidates will give options to select (a) Division / Units and (b) Category therein which will be allotted subject to its availability as per Seniority and Medical fitness indicated against it. An attempt will be made to allot divisions / categories as per option however the Railway reserves the right to post a candidate against any post on Northern Railway.
11. Northern Railway Application Form 2011 : The filled-in Northern Railway applications along with the required documents should be addressed to :
Assistant Personnel officer (Recruitment),
Room No. 334, Annexe-I,
Northern Railway, Headquarters Office,
New Delhi – 110 001.
A Candidate should send application duly filled in along with required photo-stat documents by an ordinary post only. Northern Railway Application received after due date, for any reason whatsoever, will not be considered.
Speed Post / Courier / Registered AD envelopes will not be acknowledged / accepted. However, Northern Railway Recruitment application can be dropped in person at the Drop Box provided at RPF Post Entry Gate, Baroda House, New Delhi.
The envelope containing the application should be super-scribed on the top- ‘Employment Notice No. P/NR/RRC/Ex.SM/01/2010. Northern Railway Recruitment for Ex-Servicemen”.