Northeast Frontier Railway Group D Recruitment 2013 Eligibility
Closing date for submission of NFR Railway Group D Recruitment 2013 application 21st October, 2013.
Employment notice for filling up posts in Pay Band – 1 of 5200 – 20200 with Grade Pay 1800.
1. Northeast Frontier Railway Group D Vacancy 2013 Applications on plain paper, in the given format are invited from the citizens of India and from such other persons declared eligible by Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India for filling up posts in Pay Band – 1 of 5200 – 20200 with Grade Pay 1800 in Northeast Frontier Railway.
|Northeast Frontier Railway Group D Online Practice Test 2013 – Special Discount Available !!!|
2. The NFR Railway Group D Job applications in prescribed format may be sent by ordinary post to the following address or dropped in the NFR recruitment application Drop room at Railway Recruitment Cell, N.F Railway, Station Colony, Guwahati, Assam up to 17.30 hrs of the closing date on all working days except Saturday, Sunday and Holidays.
Railway Recruitment Cell,
N.F Railway, Station Colony,
Pan Bazar, Guwahati,
Assam – 781 001.
3. For candidates staying in the Andaman and Nicobar Lakswadeep Islands closing date will be 05th November, 2013 up to 17.30 hrs.
4. NFR recruitment applications received after the closing date and time will not be entertained under any circumstances.
5. Physically handicapped persons and Ex-serviceman candidates should mention “PHYSICALLY HANDICAPPED CANDIDATE” and ” EX – SERVICEMAN CANDIDATE” at the top right of the envelope.
6. A candidate should submit only one NFR recruitment application form.
7. Date and time of examination will be fixed based on administrative feasibility. No request of change of time, date or centre of examination will be entertained.
8. Candidate trying to use influence or unfair means would be disqualified.
9. The Recruitment will be conducted by Railway Recruitment Cell, Northeast Frontier Railway ( hereinafter referred to as RRC / NFR ).
10. Selected candidates are likely to be posted anywhere on NFR after successful completion of training wherever prescribed. They will be allotted categories as per administrative requirement and subject to their medical fitness.
11. Candidate should send his / her NFR recruitment application sufficiently in advance before the closing date to the RRC / NFR. RRC / NFR will not be responsible for any postal delay /wrong delivery what so ever, at any stage of the recruitment process.
Name and Number of Posts to be Recruited in Northeast Frontier Railway 2013 :
|Name of the Post||UR||OBC||SC||ST||Physically Handicapped||ESM||Total number of posts|
|Group D in Pay Band – 1 of 5200 – 20200 with Grade Pay 1800||479||256||142||71||( OH – 12, HH – 12 & VH – 12 )||246||1230|
NFR Railway Group D Vacancies indicated above are only tentative and are subject to change. This does not include vacancies for ex – servicemen. Northeast Frontier Railway Group D Recruitment Notification for recruitment of ex – servicemen will be issued separately.
Abbreviations Stands for :
- SC : Scheduled Caste,
- ST : Scheduled Tribe,
- OBC : Other backward classes,
- UR : unreserved,
- RRC : Railway Recruitment Cell,
- NFR : Northeast Frontier Railway,
- PET : Physical Efficiency Test,
- AF : Application Form,
- PH : Physically Handicapped,
- OH : Orthopaedically Handicapped,
- HH : Hearing Handicapped,
- VH : Visually Handicapped.
Educational Qualification for Group D Jobs in NFR Railway 2013 :
i) Minimum 10th class pass or ITI or equivalent. Academic qualification must be from recognized educational institution / Board, otherwise candidature will be rejected even after appointment to Railway Service.
ii) Age Limit including Relaxation Provision.
iii) The age limit will be 18 to 33 years and will be reckoned as on 01st January, 2014.
iv) The upper age limit will be relaxed as under subject to the production of requisite certificates.
|2. (i) For SC / ST and OBC Candidates||OBC upto 36 years, SC / ST upto 38 years.|
|(ii) Staff of Quasi Administrative Offices of Railway Organizations such as Railway Canteens, Railway Institutes, and Railway Co – operatives.||Relaxation of age will be to the extent of 5 years or service rendered by them in such organizations, whichever is less.|
|(iii) Widows & Divorced or Judicially Separated Women||UR Up to 35 years, OBC Up to 38 years, SC / ST Up to 40 years,|
|(iv) Persons with disability||UR Up to 43 years, OBC Up to 46 years, SC / ST Up to 48 years.|
|(v) Residents of Jammu & Kashmir who have ordinarily domiciled in the Kashmir Division of State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989.||UR Up to 38 years, OBC Up to 41 years, SC / ST Up to 43 years.|
|(iv) Ex – serviceman||Maximum age should be as under UR – 33 years +extent of military service + 3 years, OBC-36 years + extent of military service + 3 years, SC / ST- 38 years + extent of military service + 3 years. Relaxation will be admissible only if the military service before discharge ( in case of disability etc.) is not less than six months.|
3. No age relaxation is allowed to SC / ST / OBC candidates applying against unreserved posts.
4. Proof of age Matriculation / 10th pass certificate issued by recognized Education Boards.
Physically Handicapped Persons :
A. Definition of Physically Handicapped Persons for the purpose of NFR Railway Group D recruitment.
(i) Visually Handicapped ( VH ) :
(a) a total absence of sight or (b) visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 ( or ) 20/200 ( snellen ) in the better eye with correcting lenses or (c) limitation of field of vision subtending an angle of 20 degree or worse. Low vision – A person with impairment of the field of vision functioning even after treatment or standard refractive correction but who uses or is potentially capable of using vision for the planning of execution of a task with assistive device.
(ii) Hearing Handicapped ( HH ) :
Loss of 60 ( sixty ) decibels or more in the better ear in the conversational range of frequencies.
(iii) Orthopaedically Handicapped ( OH ) :
(a) Locomotor disability means disability of the bones, joints muscles leading to substantial restriction of the movement of the limbs or any form of the cerebral palsy.
(b) Cerebral palsy :
A group of non – progressive conditions of a person characterized by abnormal motor control posture resulting from brain insult or injuries occurring in the prenatal perinatal or infant period of development.
B. Degree of disability :
Only such persons should be eligible for NFR Railway Group D recruitment under vacancies reserved for PH candidates who suffer from not less than 40% of relevant disability. If the disability is \ less than 40%, the candidate will not get any relaxation of PH quota and will be treated as normal candidates provided he / she fulfills all other conditions of this employment notice. Candidate should submit disability certificate issued by the competent authority.
C. The Physically Handicapped persons are eligible for appointment in the categories identified suitable for physically handicapped Persons.
D. Scribes :
Visually impaired Candidates / those candidates whose writing speed is affected by Cerebral palsy can avail the assistance of Scribe for writing answers on their behalf. For this purpose they will have to suitably inform RRC / NFR in advance as per (d) below. In all such cases engagement of Scribes will be subject to the following conditions :
(a) The candidates will have to arrange their own Scribes at their own cost during the Northeast Frontier Railway Group D examination 2013. Separate Admit Cards will be issued to the Scribes accompanying the visually handicapped candidates.
(b) The academic qualification of the Scribe should be one grade below the qualification prescribed for the post for which recruitment is being made.
(c) The Scribe can be from any academic discipline if the recruitment is for general post. If the Northeast Frontier Railway Group D recruitment is for a specialist post, he / she should be from a discipline different from that of the candidate. He / she should not have secured more than 60% marks in the qualification mentioned at (b) above.
(d) The candidates as well as the Scribe will have to give a suitable undertaking confirming that the Scribe fulfills all the stipulated eligibility criteria for the Scribe as mentioned above. In case it transpires later that he / she did not fulfill any of the laid down eligibility criteria or there has been suppression of material facts, the candidature of the applicant will stand cancelled irrespective of the result of the examination. The Visually Handicapped candidate shall be responsible for any misconduct on the part of scribe brought by him / her. The undertaking, as given in the enclosed proforma, should be submitted by the Visually Handicapped candidate along with his / her Northeast Frontier Railway Group D Exam NFR vacancy application form 2013.
(e) Candidates availing the assistance of a Scribe shall be eligible for extra time of 20 minutes for every hour of NFR Railway Group D examination.
(f) The scribe will read out the questions to the candidates and on the candidate stating clearly answer against each question, the scribe will write / indicate the same. An invigilator shall exclusively be posted with every VH candidate who have opted to avail the assistance of a scribe. The invigilator shall sit along side the scribe who will sit opposite the VH candidate so that conversation between the scribe and VH candidate could be overheard by the invigilator who shall ensure that only the answers spelt out by the candidate are written / indicated by the scribe on the answer book.
(g) The scribe will not make any gesture, sound or any other forms of communication designed to indicate to the candidate the correctness or otherwise of an answer being recorded by him. Any such attempt would entail disqualification of candidate and stringent action will be taken against both the candidate and the scribe.
(h) Conversation between the candidate and the scribe should not disturb in any way the peace in the examination hall or the other candidates seated in the NFR Railway Group D examination hall / room.
(i) The VH candidates may be allowed to use Tailor Frame and Brail Slate with Paper for solving arithmetic problems and they will have to bring their own Tailor Frame and Brail Slate with Paper in the Northeast Frontier Railway Group D examination hall. Partially blind candidates who are able to read normal question paper set for all the candidates and to write / indicate the answer with the help of Magnifying Glass may be allowed to use Magnifying Glass in the examination hall but they shall not be allowed the help of a scribe. Such candidates may bring their own Magnifying Glass in the NFR Railway Group D examination hall.
All the one eyed candidates and VH candidates whose visual degree of disability is less than 40% shall not be considered as Visually Handicapped persons and the provision for engaging Scribe shall not be applicable to them.