Application Form for North Western Railway 2010
8. Procedure for submission of NWR application, including Personal Data Sheet :
8.1 North Western Railway Gangman Recruitment 2010 Application Form (including Personal Data Sheet) should be made on a good quality white paper of A4 size (210 mm x 297 mm) using one side only. The candidates are required to fill up all desired information with Blue Ink Pen / Blue Ball Point pen in his / her own handwriting. The application should be written either in English or Hindi, not in any other language.
The NWR application form should be submitted under clear signatures of candidate applying. Application received in any language other than Hindi / English, and by any person other than the applicant, or with any correction / errasing in application or any change in the format will be rejected summarily.
8.2 Candidate should mention “NWR Application Form for NWR Vacancies against Ex Servicemen quota in PB-I 5200-20200/- of Grade pay 1800/- North Western Railway” on the top of the envelope containing the application. Each candidate should submit his / her application in separate envelope.
8.3 The candidate should send NWR application form duly filled in along with required documents by Ordinary Post, at address mentioned above within the closing date positively. Application received after due date, for any reason whatsoever, will not be considered. Speed post / Courier / Registered envelopes will not be acknowledged / accepted.
8.4 Candidates who have already been debarred for applying / appearing in exams by any of the Railway Recruitment Board / Railway Recruitment Cell or other Government Recruiting agency, need not apply unless their debarration period expires before the last date of submission of NWR application form.
8.5 Ex-Servicemen Candidates :
The term Ex-Servicemen means a person :
- Who has served in any rank (whether as a combatant or non-combatant) in the regular Army, Navy or Air Force of the Indian Union but does not include a person who has served in the Defence Security Corps, the General Reserved Engineering Force, the Lok Sahayak Sena and the Para Military Forces and who has retired from such services after earning his / her pension. (or)
- Who has been released from such service on medical grounds attributable to military service or circumstances beyond his control and awarded military service or other disability pension. (or)
- Who has been released otherwise than on his own request as a result of reduction in such establishment.
- The persons serving in the Armed Force of the Union, who on retirement from service would come under the category of Ex-Servicemen, may be permitted to apply for re-employment one year before the completion of the specific terms of engagement and avail themselves of all concessions available to Ex-Servicemen, but shall not be permitted to leave the Uniform until they complete the specified terms of engagement in the Armed Forces of the Union. Such service Personnel who are to be discharged from military service on or before 20.12.2010.
8.6 Andaman, Nicobar & Lakshadweep Candidates :
For Ex Servicemen belonging to Andaman, Nicobar & Lakshadweep Islands, closing date would be 30.12.2010, Time Upto 17.00 hrs. Such Ex-Serviceman should enclose a certificate of domicile in Andaman, Nicobar & Lakshadweep Islands from an appropriate authority of the Andaman & Nicobar / Lakshadweep Islands administration or a certificate from a school or college last attended in Andaman, Nicobar & Lakshadweep certifying that the candidate has passed his examination from the School / College situated in Andaman Nicobar / Lakshadweep.
8.7 Enclosures :
The following enclosures only are to be firmly stitched along with the NWR application form. All enclosed certificates which are in language other than in Hindi or English should be translated in Hindi or English along with Xerox copies of originals duly attested by gazetted officer.
i. One coloured passport size photograph (not older than 3 months without wearing cap & goggles / coloured glasses etc). required and to be pasted on the Persnol Data Sheet. The other Photograph paste on NWR Application Form in uniform. Please do not put any mark or signature on these photograph. No attestation of photograph is required. The photographs should be neatly pasted and not stapled or pinned.
ii. SC / ST / OBC candidates are required to submit zerox copy of certificate in prescribed format issued by the appropriate authority for their belonging to particular categories duly attested by gazetted officer. Draft format for certificate for SC / ST.
List of Authorities empowered to issue certificates of verification for SC / ST / OBC Status :
- District Magistrate / Additional District Magistrate / Collector / Deputy Commissioner / Additional Deputy Commissioner / Deputy Collector / Ist Class Stipendiary Magistrate / City Magistrate / Sub Divisional Magistrate / Taluka Magistrate / Executive Magistrate / Extra Assistant Commissioner (Not below the rank of Ist Class Stipendiary Magistrate).
- Chief Presidency Magistrate / Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate / Presidency Magistrate.
- Revenue Officers not below the rank of Tehsildar.
- Sub Divisional Officer of the area where the candidate and / or his family ordinarily resides.
- Administrator / Secretary to Administrator / Development Officer (Lakshadweep islands).
iii. Ex-servicemen are required to submit attested copies of Certificates from the appropriate authority giving their length of regular service and Army Class-I certificate or equivalent.
iv. Attested copy of educational qualification certificate containing proof of age.
v. NWR Application Form received without above enclosures or with extra enclosures shall be rejected summarily.
vi. Only attested copies of educational qualification certificate, proof of age and Caste Certificate for SC / ST / OBC, Certificate of Army Class-I certificate or equivalent should be enclosed. Copies of Certificate should be attested by a Gazetted Officer. Self attested certificates / documents shall not be considered valid.
vii. Original Certificates should not be enclosed with the NWR application form.
viii. Any certificate, photograph etc. not attached with NWR application form but received separately, subsequent to the receipt of NWR application form will not be entertained.
8.8 Invalid North Western Railway Applications :
The North Western Railway applications having any of the following deficiencies, discrepancies or irregularities will be summarily rejected :
- North Western Railway Applications not submitted in prescribed format as given in this employment notice.
- Incomplete or illegible applications, or applications not filled with blue ink / blue ball point pen, or applications with overwriting, cutting or erasing marks.
- Unsigned / undated North Western Railway applications / applications without clear and un-smudged thumb impressions and / or without Marks of Identification.
- Without photograph or affixing / attaching Xerox copy of Photograph.
- Different / No signatures in NWR Application form and Personal Data Sheet.
- North Western Railway Applications not filled in English or Hindi or not filled by candidate in his own hand writing.
- Without proper certificates, in respect of SC / ST / OBC and / or Ex-servicemen.
- Over aged candidates.
- Not having the requisite Educational Qualification at the time of submitting NWR application form.
- North Western Railway Applications received after 17.00 hrs. of last date of submission of application by any means / modes.
- Photo copies of the certificates not attested by Gazetted officer.
- Any other deemed irregularity.
- NWR Application Form received before the date of Notification.
9. Recruitment Procedure :
9.1 Panel will be framed on the basis of length of military service.
9.2 No physical efficiency test / Written test for this recruitment.
9.3 The recruitment shall be on the basis of scrutiny of North Western Railway applications and the ex-serviceman should be medically fit for the job being considered for.
9.4 Ex serviceman who has retired after putting in 15 years of service and has passed Army Class-I certificate or equivalent will be considered eligible.
9.5 SC / ST / OBC category of ex serviceman so appointed shall be adjusted against their quota. However, if their number exceeds, the prescribed quota of reservation, the number in excess shall be adjusted against unreserved category. Being a direct recruitment quota, in future SC’s / ST’s / OBC’s appointed against unreserved slots shall not be reverted back to reserved slots.
9.6 The appointment of the candidates will be subject to their being found suitable after antecedent verification and medical fitness as per rules.
9.7 Mere finding place on panel through scrutiny by RRC-NWR does not confer any right on the candidate for appointment.
9.8 RRC-NWR shall not be held responsible for any inadvertent error or mistake. Railway administration reserves all rights in untoward circumstances.
10. Instructions for candidates :
10.1 The number of NWR vacancies shown are tentative and are liable to be increased or decreased.
10.2 Female candidates are also eligible. They may however note that the nature of duties may be arduous and may involve outdoor duties.
10.3 Selected candidates are likely to be posted anywhere on North Western Railway after successful completion of training wherever prescribed.
10.4 Candidate should send his / her NWR application form sufficiently in advance, before the last date as detailed in notification, to given address for RRC-NWR. Railway Recruitment Cell will not be responsible for any postal delay / wrong delivery, whatsoever reason, at any stage of the selection / recruitment process.
10.5 All candidates (within age limit as laid down for UR candidates), irrespective of community, will be considered for UR NWR vacancies. However, against vacancies of specific Community quota, only candidates of that particular community will be considered, and any subsequent representation for change of community status will not be entertained under any circumstances.
10.6 Before applying for any post, the candidate should ensure that he / she fulfils the eligibility and other criteria. The RRC-NWR shall have all rights to reject North Western Railway applications not fulfilling the requisite criteria, at any stage of recruitment process, and in case some candidates find erroneously place on the panel or gets appointed, and discrepancy comes to knowledge at later stage then such candidate shall be liable to be summarily terminated from service without any notice or assigning reasons.
10.7 Free Journey Railway Pass :
A free Second Class Railway pass, from nearest railway station to Jaipur and back, will be issued to the candidates belonging to SC / ST communities for attending documents verification. All other candidates will have to bear their expenses for attending documents verification.
10.8 Date for documents verification will be fixed by RRC-NWR and intimated to eligible candidates by post.
Note : Mere issue of call letter for documents verification by RRC-NWR does not confer any right for subsequent stages of recruitment process or placing names on the Panel.
11. Action against candidates found guilty of Misconduct :
11.1 Candidates are warned that they should not furnish any particulars that are false or suppress any material information while filling in the NWR application form. Candidates are also warned that they should in no case attempt to alter or otherwise tamper with any entry in a document or its attested / certified copy submitted by them nor should they submit a tampered / fabricated document. If there is any inaccuracy or any discrepancy, an explanation regarding such discrepancy should be submitted.
11.2 A candidate found by the Recruitment Cell (or found earlier by any Railway Recruitment Board), to be guilty of :
- Canvassing support for his candidature by any means. (or)
- Submitting fabricated / tampered documents. (or)
- Making statements which are incorrect or false, or suppressing material information. (or)
- Resorting to any other irregular or improper means for furtherance of his candidature for the selection. (or)
- Harassing or inflicting bodily harm to the staff employed by the RRC-NWR during recruitment process. Shall in addition to action taken for cancellation of candidature / termination of service render himself liable to criminal prosecution under relevant provisions of defined Laws / Rules, and further :
- Be disqualified by the RRC-NWR from selection for which he is a candidate. (and)
- Be debarred, either permanently or for a period decided by the RRC-NWR, from any examination or selection conducted by any of the Railway Recruitment Cells / Railway Recruitment Boards.
12. All male candidates are liable for active Territorial Army Service in Railway Units or such other units as may be laid down in this behalf from time to time.
13. Selected candidates may be required to undergo training, wherever necessary, with stipend, for specified period, and to deposit the security amount and execute an indemnity bond or agreement.
14. The candidates shall be considered, in due course, for acceleration / promotion to higher grades in hierarchy according to rules / orders in force from time to time.
15. Posting of the selected candidates may be made as per requirement of the Indian Railways at the appropriate time. No particular place or Department or Division of posting can be assured or assumed.
16. For any legal dispute, the Jurisdiction will be at Central Administrative Tribunal, Jaipur only.
17. In case of any dispute, English version of the Employment News will be treated as valid.
18. Decision of Railway Recruitment Cell shall be Final :
The decision of RRC-NWR in all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the North Western Railway applications, issue of free rail passes, penalty for false information, mode of selection, allotment of posts / places to selected candidates and all other matters related with conduct of recruitment process will be final and binding on the candidates and no enquiry or correspondence will be entertained in this connection.