Group D Recruitment in NE Railways 2011
Railway Recruitment Cell,
Deputy Chief Personnel Officer (Recruitment),
Railway Recruitment Cell,
CCM Annexe Building,
Railway Road No. 14.,
Gorakhpur (U.P.) – 273 012.
NE Railway Application on plain A-4 size paper, in the given format are invited from the citizens of India and from such other persons declared eligible by Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India for filling up 4708 Group ‘D’ posts in Pay Band 1 of 5200-20200 with grade pay 1800 in the Divisions and Workshops of North Eastern Railway and DLW / Varanasi.
North Eastern Railway Application in prescribed format may be sent by post to the following address upto 18.00 hrs on the closing date i.e. 16.03.2011. Alternatively, applications received after closing date and time will not be entertained.
The Assistant Personnel Officer (Recruitment),
Railway Recruitment Cell,
North Eastern Railway Headquarters,
CCM’s Annexe Building,
Railway Road No. 14,
Gorakhkpur. Uttar Pradesh – 273 012.
For candidates staying in Andaman-Nicobar-Lakshdweep islands. Closing date will be 31.03.2011 upto 18.00 hrs.
North Eastern Railway Applications received after closing date and time will not be entertained.
The envelope containing the application should be clearly superscribed “Application for Group ‘D’ post-North Eastern Railway”. Physically handicapped persons should mention ‘Physically Handicapped Candidate’ at the top right of envelope.
A candidate should submit only one application form, even if he / she intends to be considered for more than one or all categories. Candidates submitting more than one application form will not be considered and even if such a candidate gets selected inadvertently, he/she will not be offered appointment. North Eastern Railway Administration reserves the right to allot the successful candidates any of the posts/place ;in North Eastern Railway & DLW / Varanasi.
Date and Time of North Eastern Railway Examination will be fixed by Railway Board. North Eastern Railway Written examination will be held on the same day simultaneously by all the Railways. Similarly Physical Efficiency Test (PET) will also be held during the same period simultaneously by all the Railways. No request for change of time, date and centre of examination will be entertained on any account.
Candidates trying to use influence or unfair means would be disqualified.
Name of Posts and NE Railway Vacancies for which Group D Recruitment is to be conducted :
|SI. No.||Category of Posts||Medical Standard||Recruitment Unit / Division / Workshop||UR||SC||ST||OBC||Total||PH Quota|
|1.||Group - D / DLW|
|Helper Khalasi||C-1||DLW / Varanasi||65||19||10||34||128||-||-||-|
|2.||Coupling Khalasi (Optg.)||A-2||DRM / Lucknow||3||6||3||-||12||-||-||-|
|L-C Porter (Optg.)||A-2||DRM / Izzatnagar||83||25||12||46||166||-||-||-|
|Box Porter (Optg.)||A-2||DRM / Lucknow||3||3||5||-||11||-||-||-|
|L.C. Porter (Optg.)||A-2||DRM / Varanasi||48||42||21||103||214||-||-||-|
|Kantawala / Shunt Man (Optg.)||A-2||DRM / Lucknow||56||38||29||46||169||-||-||-|
|3.||Gate Man (Optg.)||A-3||DRM / Lucknow||-||20||8||-||28||-||-||-|
|Helper / Trolleyman (Sig.)||A-3||DRM / Izzatnagar||3||1||-||2||6||-||-||-|
|4.||Hamal (Comml.)||B-1||DRM / Lucknow||16||8||4||15||43||-|
|Hamal (Comml.)||B-1||DRM / Izzatnagar||20||6||3||10||39||-||-||-|
|Helper Khalasi (Mech.)||B-1||DRM / Izzatnagar||145||43||22||78||288||-||-||-|
|Helper (Elect.)||B-1||DRM / Izzatnagar||71||22||11||40||144||-||-||-|
|Helper (Elect. TRD)||B-1||TRD||109||33||16||59||217||-||-||-|
|Helper (Mech.)||B-1||DRM / Lucknow||104||31||15||56||206||-||-||-|
|Helper Khalasi (Elect.)||B-1||DRM / Lucknow||33||17||9||31||90||-||-||-|
|Helper (Tele.)||B-1||DRM / Lucknow||10||4||2||6||22||-||-||-|
|Helper (Sig.)||B-1||DRM / Lucknow||23||-||4||10||37||-||-||-|
|Diesel Khalasi (D. Shed)||B-1||DRM / Lucknow||48||17||8||29||102||-||-||-|
|6.||Helper - II (Mech.)||C-1||CWM / Mech. / Izzatnagar||48||19||25||34||126||-||-||-|
|Helper - II (Elect.)||C-1||CWM / Mech. / Izzatnagar||13||5||7||9||34||-||-||-|
|Helper - II (Mech.)||C-1||CWM / Mech. / Gorakhpur||81||24||12||43||160||-||-||-|
|Peon (Optg.)||C-1||DRM / Lucknow||2||1||1||2||6||-||1||-|
|Running Room (Bearer)||C-1||DRM / Izzatnagar||4||1||-||2||7||-||-||-|
|Helper Khalasi (Depo)||C-1||Depo / Gorakhpur||71||-||27||-||98||-||-||-|
|Khalasi (Elect.)||C-1||CEE / Gorakhpur||5||-||-||-||5||-||-||-|
|Helper-II (Bridge)||C-1||Bridge Open Line / Gorakhpur||27||13||7||17||64||-||-||-|
|Helper (Signal)||C-1||CWM / SWS / Gorakhpur Cantt.||52||15||8||28||103||-||-||-|
|Helper (Bridge Workshop)||C-1||CWM / Bridge Workshop / GKP. Cantt.||23||19||21||21||84||-||-||-|
|7.||Safaiwala (Comml.)||C-1||DRM / Lucknow||9||3||2||7||21||-|
|Safaiwala (Medical)||C-1||DRM / Lucknow||21||7||3||12||43||-||-||-|
|Safaiwala (Medical)||C-1||DRM / Izzatnagar||22||7||3||12||44||-||-||-|
|Safaiwala (Mech.)||C-1||DRM / Izzatnagar||4||1||-||2||7||-||-||-|
|Safaiwala (Comml.)||C-1||DRM / Izzatnagar||6||1||-||2||9||-||-||-|
|Safaiwala (Depo)||C-1||Depo / Gorakhpur||1||-||1||-||2||-||-||-|
|Safaiwala (Mech.)||C-1||DRM / Lucknow||10||3||2||5||20||-||-|
(i) The Panel shall be formed on the basis of the merit of written examination subject to their document verification & Medical fitness for that category. The decision of RRC / GKP shall be final.
(ii) Ex-casual labourers of NE Railway, who fulfill the requisite eligibility conditions as laid down in this notification, may also apply.
Note : The physically handicapped candidates will lbe posted against the post identified by Railway Ministry suitable for such candidates. The description of posts reserved for PH candidates as given above may not be exhaustive.
(a) North Eastern Railway Vacancies / categories indicated above are oly tentative and are liable to change.
(b) The NE Railway Vacancies shown above for PH persons are not separate but included in the total vacancies itself.
|SC||Schedule Caste||PET||Physical Efficiency Test|
|OBC||Other Backward Classes||PH||Physically Handicapped|
|Ex. SM||Ex Serviceman||HH||Hearing Handicapped|
|RRC||Railway Recruitment Cell||VH||Visually Handicapped|
|NER||North Eastern Railway||SRE||Serving Railway Employee|
|AF||Application Form||DLW||Diesel Locomotive Workshop, Varanasi|
Educational Qualification for North Eastern Railway Recruitment 2011 : Minimum 10th pass or ITI or equivalent. Those candidates who are appearing in and/or awaiting results of final examination of class 10th are not eligible. Academic qualification must be from recognized Educational Institution / Board, otherwise candidature will be rejected.
Age Limit including Relaxation Provisions :
- For all the above vacancies, the age limit will be 18 to 33 years and will be reckoned as on 01.01.2011.
- The upper age limit will be relalxed as under, subject to the production of requisite certificates.
- Five years for SC / ST and by three years for OBC candidates in possession of valid certificates issued by appropriate authority as per Annexure-II.
- By Ten years (15 years for SC / STs and 13 years for OBCs) for persons with disability in possession of valid disability certificate issued by medical board duly constituted by the central or state government.
- Casual labourers or substitutes, if any, who have put in a minimum of three Years service will be given age relaxation to the extent of length of service rendered by them, subject to the age limit not exceeding 40, 43 & 45 years in case of General, OBC and SC / ST candidates, respectively.
- In case of staff of Quasi Administrative Offices of Railway Organization such as Railway Canteens, Railway Institutes and Railway Cooperative societies who have put in 3 years service, relaxation of age will be given to the extent of service rendered by them subject to a maximum of 05 years and upper age limit of 35 yerars.
- Widows and Divorced women who have judicially separated from their husbands and not remarried, will be given relaxation in age up to 35, 38 and 40 years in case of General, OBC and SC / ST candidates respectively.
- Relaxation of five years will be given to the candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu and Kashmir during the period from the Ist day of Jan, 80 to the 31st of December, 89, subject to production of a residential certificate from the appropriate authority of the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
- No age relalxation is allowed to SC / ST / OBC candidates applying against unreserved posts.
Proof of Age :
(a) Birth Certificate issued by Board Or
(b) A certificate issued by educational authority for 10th standard Or
(c) Matric certificate issued by Board.
North Eastern Railway Examination Fee :
- The NE Railway Examination fee for unreserved and OBC candidates is Rs 40/- (Rs Forty only). Candidates belonging to SC / ST / Women / Minority Community and Economically Weaker Section and PH category are exempted from payment of examination fees.
- The Examination fee should be paid in the form of Account Payee Demand Draft from any Nationalised Bank or Indian Postal Order from any Post Office drawn in favour of ‘Asstt. Personnel Officer (Recruitment), RRC, N.E. Railway’ and payable at Gorakkhpur. Validity of Bank Draft / Pay order should be of at least six months.
- North Eastern Railway Recruitment Applications received with cash / cheque / Central Recruitment stamps and Money orders will be rejected and amount forfeited.
- Postal Orders / Bank Drafts issued before the date of issue of Employment Notice (i.e. 15.12.2010) will not be accepted and such application forms will be rejected and amount forfeited.
- The candidates are advised to write their Names and Address on the backside of the Original Bank Draft / IPO and enclose it with the North Eastern Railway application form. The complete details of examination fee should be written in column no. 21 of application form Examination fee is not refundable and it cannot be adjusted for another examination under any circumstances.
North Eastern Railway Application Form 2011 :
- Candidate should carefully read the instructions in this Employment Notice for filling up NE Railway Application Form.
- North Eastern Railway Application should be made on a good quality white paper of A4 size (210 mm x 297 mm) using one side only.
- The candidate should use the format published in the Employment Notice. Application having any change in the format will be rejected.
- The candidates have to fill up required information with Blue / Black Gel Pen / Ball Point Pen in his / her own handwriting.
- The application should be written either in English or Hindi and not in any other language. The application has to be duly dated and signed by the candidate. North Eastern Railway Recruitment Application filled in any language other than Hindi / English and by any person other than the applicant will be rejected summarily, even if, it is detected at a subsequent stage of the North Eastern Railway Recruitment 2011.
- Candidate should mention “Application for Group ‘D’ posts – North Eastern Railway” on the top of the envelope containing the application. Each cover should contain one application only. In case more than one application is sent in one cover, all such applications will be rejected.
- The candidate should send application duly filled in along with required documents by post, so as to reach RRC / NER office within the closing date positively. North Eastern Railway Application received after due date, for any reason whatsoever, will not be considered.
- Candidates who have been debarred from appearing in any of the Railway Recruitment Board Examination need not apply unless their debarration period expires by the Closing date.
Ex-Servicemen Candidates : Separate Employment Notification No. NER/RRC/ESM/01/2010 dt. 15.11.2010 has been issued for North Eastern Railway recruitment against Ex. Servicemen quota.
Physically Handicapped persons :
(a) Definition of the Physically Handicapped Person for the purpose of this recruitment.
(i) Visually Handicapped (VH) :
(a) total absence of sight Or
(b) visual acuity not exceeding 6/60 or 20/200 (snellen) in the better eye with correcting lenses Or
(c) Limitation of field of vision subtending an angle of 20 degree or worse.
Low Vision : A person with impairment of the field of vision functioning even treatment or standard refractive correction but who uses or is potentially capable of using vision for the planning or execution of a task with assistive device.
(ii) The Hearing Handicapped (HH) Loss of 60 (sixty) decibels or more in the better ear in the conversation range of frequencies.
(iii) The Orthopaedically Hadicapped (OH) Disability of the bones, joints muscles leading to substantial restriction of the movement of the limbs or any form the cerebral palsy.
Cerebral Palsy : A group of non-progressive condition of a person characterized by abnormal motor control posture resulting from brain insult or injuries occurring in the prenatal, peri-natal or infant period of development.
(b) Degree of Disability : Only such persons would be eligible for recruitment under vacancies reserved for PH candidates who suffer from not less than 40% of relevant disability. If the disability is less than 40%, the candidate will be treated as normal candidate provided he / she fulfills all other conditions of this employment notice. Candidate should submit disability certificate issued by the competent authority ( i.e. medical board duly constituted by Central Government or a State Government).
(c) The physically handicapped Persons are eligible for appointment in the categories identified suitable for physically handicapped Persons.
Andaman, Nicobar Lakshadweep candidates :
For candidates belonging to Andaman, Nicobar & Lakshadweep Islands, closing date would be 31.03.2011, time upto 18.00 hrs. Such candidates should enclose a domicile certificate of Andaman, Nicobar & Lakshadweep Islands from an appropriate authority of the Andaman & Nicobar administration or a certificate from a school or college last attended in Andaman, Nicobar & Lakshadweep certifying that the candidate has passed his examination from the school / college situated in Andaman, Nicobar & Lakshadweep.
North Eastern Railway Recruitment Procedure :
The North Eastern Railway Recruitment Procedure consists of Written Test followed by Physical Efficiency Test (PET) of candidates found successful in Written Test. After which Document Verification and Medical Examination of short listed candidates shall be conducted.
All eligible candidates shall be required to appear in Physical Efficiency Test (PET). Organised in Divisions of N.E. Rly. except PH Candidate. The candidates who have been declared successful in PET shall appear in a written test.
Persons with disabilities may be exempted from PET for recruitment to the posts in Grade ‘D’ categories identified suitable for them and be allowed to appear directly in the written examination after qualifying in the written examination such candidates have to pass the medical examination prescribed for persons with disabilities, so that they can be empanelled.
Candidates to a limited extent, in order of merit, out of those who obtain the prescribed minimum pass marks in the written test will be called for verification of original documents and identity and medical examination of relevant standard. There will be no North Eastern Railway Interview.
Physically Efficiency Test (for all categories) : The candidates should be able to perform the following physical efficiency test :
- Male candidates should be able to run a distance of 1500 meters in 6 minutes in one chance.
- Female candidates should be able to run a distance of 400 meters in 3 minutes in one chance.
1. The above given criterion for PET are only tentative and subject to modification. Changes, if any, would be advised subsequently.
2. Railway administration will not be liable / responsible for any loss / injury / damage, whether direct or consequential, suffered / incurred by any candidate during the selection, including PET. Candidates are advised in their own interest, therefore, to ensure that they are physically and otherwise fit to undertake the selection and observe due care to avoid injury / loss / damage to either themselves or others during the process of selection.
Choice of Division for PET : PET will be conducted in the jurisdiction of the following Divisions : (i) Izatnagar, (ii) Lucknow and (iii) Varanasi.
(i) Candidates may note that they may not be allotted the preferred Division for PET. The venue of PET / Written examination once decided by Railway administration shall be final. No request for change on whatsoever ground shall be entertained.
(ii) The candidates may note that they may be posted anywhere in North Eastern Railway and in DLW / Varanasi irrespective of where the PET is held.
(iii) For PET candidates may be required to stay one or two days more than the appointed day at their own cost. They have to make their own arrangements for lodging / boarding.
(iv) Maintaining discipline by the candidates at the venue of PET is must. Any act of indiscipline will debar the candidate from consideration. The North Eastern Railway Recruitment Cell decision on this by the Committee at the venue will be final and binding.
The appointment of the candidates will be subject to their being found suitable after antecedent verification and medical fitness as per rules.
The selection of candidate by RRC / NER does not confer any right to the candidate for appointment.
RRC / NER shall not be held responsible for any inadvertent error or mistake.
North Eastern Railway Written Examination will be held on the same day simultaneously by all the Railways. Similarly Physical Efficieny Test (PET) will also be held during the same period simultaneously by all the Railways.
Downloading through internet : Candidates can also download and print copy of North Eastern Railway Notification, NE Railway Application Form 2011, and format of SC / ST & OBC certificates etc. from the internet site http://www.nerailway.gov.in. This site may also be referred in future by the candidates for information / updates pertaining to further stages of the North Eastern Railway Recruitment process. No other site belongs to RRC / NER.
Note : Candidates must keep a photocopy of the NE Railway Application Form for further reference.