Group D Recruitment in East Central Railway 2013 – 4655 Porter, Trackman, Helper-II Vacancies
Opening Date for Submission of ECR Railway Application Form 2013 : 02.09.2013
Closing Date for submission of East Central Railway Application Form 2013 : 14.10.2013 upto 18.00 Hrs.
Closing Date for Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti districts and Pangi sub-division of Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar and Lakshadweep Islands : 29.10.2013 upto 18.00 Hrs.
|RRC / RRB Group D Exam Online Practice Test – Special Discount Available !!!|
Open Recruitment to posts in Pay Band – 1 of 5200-20200 with Grade Pay of 1800/-.
Candidates should note that all the Zonal Railways are likely to issue separate Notifications for recruitment to the posts in Grade Pay 1800/-. East Central Railway Selection Process shall be conducted simultaneously by all the Railways and the date of Written Test will be same for all Railways. Candidates should keep this in mind before applying for any particular Notification.
Railway Recruitment Cell, Patna invites applications from citizens of India and such other candidates declared eligible by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India to fill up the following posts in Pay Band-1 of 5200-20200 with Grade Pay of 1800/- in East Central Railway.
1. Name of Posts and ECR Railway Vacancies for which recruitment is to be conducted :
RRC Hajipur Vacancy Details :
Total No. of Posts : 4655
Name of the Post :
1.Porter : 184 Posts
2. Trackman : 323 Posts
3. Helper-II (Mech) : 195 Posts
4. Helper-II (S&T) : 73 Posts
5. Helper-II (Elect) : 58 Posts
6. Gr.’D’ (Engg.) : 94 Posts
7. Gr.’D’ ( Store) : 04 Posts
Important Note :
(i) The number of ECR Railway Vacancies is provisional. This may vary across categories and communities as per administrative requirements and directives of Railway Board.
(ii) East Central Railway Vacancies for Ex-Servicemen have also been included in this notification.
(iii) The above vacancies include the 3% PH Quota @ 1% each for OH, VH and HH. However, the posts against which selected PH Quota recruits will be finally appointed will be confined to the list of specified categories circulated by Railway Board.
Eligibility Criteria for ECR Railway Recruitment 2013 :
Minimum Educational Qualification for East Central Railway Jobs 2013 :
Candidates should possess the qualification of 10th Pass or ITI / Centre of Excellence (COE) or equivalent. Candidates appearing at and/or awaiting results of the final examinations of 10th / ITI / COE or equivalent on the date of application are not eligible to apply. Educational Qualification must be from Recognized Institutions / Boards, otherwise candidature will be cancelled.
ECR Railway Recruitment 2013 Age Limit :
1. The minimum age limit is 18 years and the upper age limit is 33 year as on 01.01.2014.
2. The upper age limit is relaxable for the following specified categories to the extent indicated below.
i) By 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST communities.
ii) By 3 years for candidates belonging to OBC communities.
iii) By 5 years to candidates who have originally been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989.
iv) For Persons with Disabilities (PWD) – 10 years for UR, 13 years for OBC and 15 years for SC/ST candidates.
v) Relaxation for Ex-Servicemen in the age will be total Military service plus 3 years subject to completion of at least six months regular attested service.
vi) For the serving Railway Staff and Casual Laborers / Substitutes, the relaxation in upper age limits will be up to 40 years for Unreserved candidates, 45 years for SC/ST candidates and 43 years for OBC candidates, provided they have put in a minimum of 3 years service (continuous or in broken spells). For those working in Quasi Administrative offices of the Railway organization such as Railway Canteens, Cooperative Societies and Institutes, the community-wise relaxation in upper age limits will be up to the length of service rendered subject to maximum of 5 years.
vii) Upper age limit in case of widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands but not remarried shall be relaxed up to 35 years for Unreserved, 38 years for OBC and 40 years for SC/ST candidates.
viii) The upper age limit in case of course completed Act Apprentices applying for those posts whose minimum qualification is Course completed Act apprenticeship shall be relaxed to the extent of apprentice training undergone by them under the Apprenticeship Act 1961.
3. There shall be no relaxation in lower age limit.
East Central Railway Application Fees :
(i) 100/- (one hundred only) payable in the form of crossed Indian Postal Order only, drawn in favour of Assistant Personnel Officer(RRC), Railway Recruitment Cell, E.C.Railway, payable at Patna. Remittance of examination fee in any other form will not be accepted and application shall be summarily rejected solely on this ground. Indian Postal Order (s) should not have been issued earlier to the date of issue of ECR Railway Notification 2013.
(ii) Candidate should write his name and address on the place provided on the Indian postal order (IPOs). East Central Railway Exam Fees is not refundable and it cannot be adjusted for another examination under any circumstances.
1. The following categories are exempted from payment of East Central Railway Examination Fees 2013 :
(i) Candidates belonging to SC/ST communities.
(ii) Women candidates.
(iii) Candidates belonging to minority (described below) communities.
(iv) Candidates belonging to economically backward class having annual family income of less than 50,000/-.
(v) Persons with Disabilities (PWD) or Physically Handicapped (PH) candidates.
2. Minorities mean Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists and Zorastrians (Parsis). For claiming waiver of examination fee, candidates belonging to Minority community should furnish “self declaration” as mentioned in Annexure-7 along with application form. At the time of document verification such candidates claiming waiver of examination fee will be required to furnish “minority community declaration” affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper that he/she belongs to any of the above minority community. If the affidavit is not produced during document verification, the candidature will be rejected.
3. Economically backward classes means the candidates whose annual family income is less than 50,000/-. Such candidates have to submit Income Certificate in the format at Annexure-8 on the letter head / pad of the issuing authority and enclose with the application. If the original Income Certificate is not produced during document verification, the candidature will be rejected.
East Central Railway Application Form 2013 :
1. Candidates should submit the applications either in Hindi or in English in the format annexed as Annexure-1 to ECR Railway Notification 2013. East Central Railway Job Application having any change in the format will be rejected.
2. The ECR Railway job application should be on good quality A-4 size bond white paper using one side only. News paper cuttings should not be used as applications.
3. Candidates should ensure that application is on a single sheet conforming to the above specifications. Applications in more than one sheet shall be rejected. Candidates using printed application form from any other source should ensure that it conforms to the prescribed format. The East Central Railway Recruitment 2013 Application Form (Annexure-1) can also be downloaded and printed from RRC’s website www.rrcecr.gov.in.
4. Candidates should fill up the ecr railway application form in his/her own handwriting either in Hindi or in English with blue or black ball point pen only.
5. Candidates belonging to SC/ST communities should enclose a community certificate in the format given in Annexure-2 of this Notification.
6. Candidates belonging to OBC community should enclose a community certificate in the format given in Annexure-3 of East Central Railway Notification. In addition the OBC candidates should enclose self declaration of non-creamy layer status in the proforma given in Annexure-4.
7. Candidates who have already been debarred for life from appearing in all the examinations conducted by the Railway Recruitment Boards / Railway Recruitment Cells or those who have been debarred for a specified period, which is yet to be over, are not eligible to apply.
8. In item number 1, 2 & 3 of the ecr railway application form 2013, candidate should fill up his/her Name, Father’s name and Date of Birth which should match with those mentioned in his / her 10th / Matric certificate.
9. Candidates should send their applications sufficiently in advance to reach this office on or before the closing date. Railway Recruitment Cell / East Central Railway shall not be responsible for any postal delay or wrong delivery of applications.
10. Candidates are required to copy the following para (Declaration), in his / her own running handwriting, in space providing at column 19 in the Application format.
“I hereby declare that all the particulars given above by me are true and correct to the best of my knowledge. I am aware that in the event of any information furnished by me being found false / incorrect at any stage, my candidature will be rejected summarily and I will also liable for criminal action. I will abide by the instructions given in the notification.”
If the candidate copies the above para in English CAPITAL letters only or does not copy the above para at all or copies the para partially and leaves blank the major portion of the space provided in column 19 of the application form, his application shall be rejected summarily solely on this ground. Visually Handicapped candidates are exempted from writing the declaration.
11. Candidate should put Signature, Place and date of filling of application at the bottom of the East Central Railway Application Form at the assigned place. Signature of the applicant must be specific so that the same may not be copied easily. Signature in Capital letters or open letters will not be accepted and the applications having such type of signatures will be rejected summarily (VH candidates exempted from signature). Undated or predated applications will also be rejected summarily.
12. Candidate should put clear and readable Left Thumb Impression (LTI) in the specified box of the ECR Railway Application Form 2013. If the candidate does not put his LTI at all or puts partial LTI or blurred / smudged LTI or such LTI which is not readable, his application shall be rejected summarily solely on this ground. Clear and readable LTI can be given by taking sufficient ink on the whole left thumb and then putting the impression with soft hand without pressing hard on the paper.
Whom to Apply for East Central Railway Recruitment 2013 :
1. The duly filled up ECR Railway application along with the required documents should be addressed to the following address.
The Assistant Personnel Officer (RRC), Railway Recruitment Cell, East Central Railway, Polson Complex, Digha Ghat, Patna – 800 011, Bihar.
Or dropped in the Application Box / Room at Railway Recruitment Cell office, East Central Railway, Polson Complex, Digha Ghat, Patna – 800011 Bihar upto 18.00 hours of the closing date i.e 14.10.2013 on all working days i.e except Saturday, Sunday and Gazetted Holidays.
2. On the envelope containing the application, “East Central Railway Application for Recruitment to the Posts in Pay Band-1 + Grade Pay 1800/-, Employment Notice No. RRC/ECR/GP 1800/1/2013″, should clearly be written. Physically Handicapped candidate should mention “Physically Handicapped Candidate” at the top right side of the envelope.
3. The candidate should send application duly filled in along with required documents by ORDINARY POST, so as to reach the above mentioned office within the closing date and time. East Central Railway Application received after closing date and time, for any reason whatsoever, will not be considered. Speed post / Courier / Registered AD envelopes will not be acknowledged and will be treated as received by ordinary post.
Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu & Kashmir, Lahaul & Spiti districts and Pangi sub-division of Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar and Lakshadweep Islands candidates :
For candidates belonging to the above mentioned places closing date would be 29.10.2013 time upto 18.00 hrs. Such candidates should enclose a domicile certificate from an appropriate authority certifying that the candidate has passed his/her examination from the school / College situated in the above mentioned places.
Only one East Central Railway Application 2013 :
Each candidate should send only one ecr railway application form. Candidature of candidates submitting multiple applications will be rejected. Even if such a candidate gets selected inadvertently, he/she will not be offered appointment once it is detected that he/she had submitted more than one application.
East Central Railway Selection Process 2013 :
1. East Central Railway Written Exam 2013 : Candidates whose applications are summarily found in order after initial scrutiny will be called for a East Central Railway Written Test 2013. A separate call letter indicating date of examination, time and venue will be sent to all such candidates.
|RRC / RRB Group D Exam Online Practice Test – Special Discount Available !!!|
2. ECR Railway Written Examination consists of objective type multiple choice ( 4 options) question paper based on 10th class standard to assess the general knowledge / awareness / mathematics / reasoning etc. There will be 100 Questions and the duration of East Central Railway Written Examination will be 90 minutes.
3. The ECR Railway Question Paper will be printed in Hindi, English, Urdu and Maithili.
4. Negative Marking : There will be negative marking for marking wrong answers. 1/3 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
5. Physical Efficiency Test (PET) : Based on merit position of the candidates in the written examination, PET shall be conducted for short-listed candidates who qualify written examination. The entire PET process will be videographed.
Passing the Physical Efficiency Test (PET) is mandatory and the same will be qualifying in nature. The criterion for the PET is as under :
|For male candidates||For female candidates|
|Should be able to run for a distance of 1000 (one thousand) meters in 4 (four) minutes & 15 (fifteen) seconds in one chance.||Should be able to run for a distance of 400 (four hundred) meters in 3 (three) minutes & 10 (ten) seconds in one chance.|
6. Number of candidates to be called for PET shall be equal to the number of community-wise vacancies or as per present instructions, it will be 3 times the number of community-wise vacancies. A separate call letter indicating date of PET, time & venue will be sent. The persons with disabilities are exempted from appearing in PET.
7. Document and candidature verification : Out of PET qualified candidates, based on the merit position in the ecr railway written examination, short-listed candidates will be called for documents and candidature verification. Number of candidates to be called at this stage shall be equal to the number of ecr railway vacancies 2013 or as per present instructions, it will be 1.2 times the number of community-wise vacancies. Thus, it may be possible that some earlier short-listed candidates may not be called for at this stage due to their lower merit position in the written examination despite being successful in PET.
8. Medical Examination : Candidates found eligible after document and candidature verification shall be referred for medical examination. Number of candidates to be referred for medical examination shall be equal to the number of community-wise vacancies. Thus, it may be possible that some candidates who are found eligible upto the previous stage, may not be medically examined due to their lower merit position in the East Central Railway Written Exam.
9. Railway Recruitment Cell / East Central Railway will not be liable / responsible for any loss / injury / damage, whether direct or consequential, suffered / incurred by any candidate during the selection, including PET. Candidates are advised in their own interest, therefore, to ensure that they are physically and otherwise fit to undertake the selection and observe due care to avoid injury / loss / damage to either themselves or others during the process of selection.
10. Final recruitment panel will be strictly based on merit position obtained in ECR Railway Written Exam 2013.