|DMRC Non Executive Online Practice Test 2014|
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Recruitment 2014 :
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation ( DMRC ), a joint venture company with equity participation from Govt. of India and Govt. of National Capital Territory of Delhi has been entrusted with the responsibility of implementation of the rail based Mass Rapid Transit System for Delhi, NCR & other metros.
DMRC Non Executive Important Dates 2014 :
|Delhi Metro Rail Online Registration Starts From||11th March, 2014 ( 18 hrs )|
|Delhi Metro Rail Application Fee to be paid between:||From 13th March, 2014 to 15th April, 2014|
|Bank Challan will be generated upto, through DMRC website : www.delhometrorail.com||13th April, 2014 ( 23.59 hrs )|
|Last Date for Registration of Delhi Metro Rail Online Applications :||15th April, 2014 ( 23: 59 hrs )|
|Last Date for Receipt of printed Registration||22nd April, 2014|
|N. B. First, Candidates have to apply online, and then send the registration slip, with ink signature, photograph, thumb impression, declaration etc. through ordinary post only, to reach DMRC post bag by 22nd April, 2014.|
DMRC Eligibility Criteria 2014 :
|Post Code||Name of Post||Grade ( IDA ) in ‘||No of vacancies** including
|Education Qualification||Age between as on 1st January, 2014||Medical Standards as per Indian Rly. Medical Manual.( Brief details of medical standard are available at DMRC’s Web site )|
|01||Station Controller / Train Operator( SC / TO )||13500 – 25520||98
( UR – 51, OBC – 26, SC – 14, ST – 07, ExS – 14 * )
|Three years Engineering Diploma in Electrical / Electronics or equivalent or BSC Hons ( Physics / Chemistry / Maths ) or BSc ( Physics / Chemistry / Maths ) from a Govt. recognized University / Institute.||18 to 28 Years ( i.e. born not earlier than 2.1.1986 and not later than 1.1.1996||Aye – One|
|02||Customer Relations Assistant ( CRA )||10170 – 18500||234( UR – 120, OBC – 63,SC – 34, ST – 17, ExS -33* )||Three / Four years Graduation course in any discipline from a Govt. Recognized University, and computer literacy ( Certificate in Computer Application Course of a minimum 6 weeks duration )|
|03||Jr.Engineer / Electrical||13500 – 25520||89( UR – 46, OBC – 24, SC – 13, ST – 06, ExS – 12* )||Three years Engineering Diploma in Electrical / equivalent trade from a Govt. recognized University / Institute.||18 to 28 Years ( i.e. born not earlier than 2.1.1986 and not later than 1.1.1996||Aye -one ( A – 1 ) category, not below Aye – three ( A3 )|
|04||Jr.Engineer / Electronics||13500 – 25520||136( UR – 70, OBC – 36, SC – 20, ST – 10, ExS – 19 * )||Three years Engineering Diploma in Electronics / Electronics & Communication / equivalent trade from a Govt. recognized Univers ity / Institute.|
|05||Jr.Engineer / Mechanical||13500 – 25520||35( UR – 19, OBC – 09, SC -05, ST – 02, ExS – 05* )||Three years Engineering Diploma in Mechanical / equivalent trade from a Govt. recognized University / Institute.|
|06||Jr.Engineer /Civil||13500 – 25520||32( UR – 18, OBC – 08, SC – 04, ST – 02, ExS – 04 * )||Three years Engineering Diploma in Civil / equivalent trade from a Govt. recognized University / Institute.|
|07||Maintainer||8000 – 14140||570 #||ITI ( NCVT / SCVT ) in specific trade# ( Listed below )||18 to 25 years ( i.e. born not earlier than 2.1.1989 and not later than 1.1.1996||Bee – One( B – 1 )|
a) All vacancies are provisional and subject to increase / decrease.
b) Details of Trade & the vacancies ( Trade wise ) of Maintainers ( post code – 07 ) is given below in the table.
c) Candidates can apply for more than one post as per their qualifications. However, they must note that the written test for post codes 03, 04, 05 & 06 may be held on one single day. Written examination of remaining posts will be held on different dates. As such candidates applying for more than one post must keep this combination in mind.
d) Candidates must have ITI ( NCVT / SCVT ) in specific trades only, to be eligible for the post of Maintainer ( Post Code – 07 ).
e) Candidates after selection are likely to be posted at Delhi or any other projects of DMRC, anywhere in India.
f) All the posts are technical posts and there is no reservation for persons with disability in this selection. In – take for PWDs in identified categories, wherever applicable, to the extent admissible, will be processed separately.
g) The result of reserved category posts will be subject to the final outcome of the WRIT Petition No. 7878 / 2010 ( Sarv Rural & Urban Welfare Vs UOI & others ).
Discipline / Trade wise distribution of vacancies of Maintainers ( Post code – 07 ) ( Including reserved categories )
|# Discipline / Trade||Post Code||No. of vacancies||
Reservation of posts
|UR||OBC||SC||ST||Ex – Servicemen
( On horizontal basis )
|Electrician||07 ( A )||
|Fitter||07 ( B )||
|Electronic Mechanic||07 ( C )||
|Ref & AC Mechanic||07 ( D )||
DMRC Qualification 2014 :
1. As prescribed above. Candidates who are appearing at the qualifying exam, passing of which would make them educationally
eligible for these posts but have not yet been informed of the results, will also be eligible for applying for these posts.
2. Such candidates will be admitted to the examination, if otherwise eligible, but their candidature would be deemed to be provisional and subject to cancellation, if they do not produce proof of having passed the eligibility qualification on the date of Psycho Test / Interview / declaration of Written Test result for the post of Maintainers, which is likely to be held / declared tentatively by June / July 2014.
3. Since, there is no interview for the post of Maintainers; the final result of ITI must be published / declared in public domain by / on the date of publication of result of written test for the post of Maintainers by DMRC. The proof of passing / result should have been declared in public domain through newspapers / websites etc.
DMRC Job Profile :
The job of Station Controller/Train Operator is inter-changeable in nature as per the requirement of the Corporation and it includes operating the trains, looking after the affairs of Metro Stations including CCC, Depot Control Centres, Operation Control Centres etc. in shift duty including night shift. The job requires highest standard of medical fitness, including naked vision of 6 / 6, the details of which are also available at DMRC’s website : www.delhimetrorail.com. So, the candidates meeting the required medical standard may only apply.
The job profile of Customer Relations Assistant ( CRA ) entails interaction with the commuters at Customer Care Centres ( CCC ) and catering to their needs & problems, looking after the affairs of Metro Stations including operation control centres in shift duty including night shift. Their career progression will be towards Station Controller / Train Operator.
The job requires highest standard of medical fitness, including naked vision of 6 / 6, the details of which are also available at DMRC’s website : www.delhimetrorail.com. So, the candidates meeting the required medical standard may only apply.
The duty hours of Station Controller / Train Operator ( SC / TO ) & Customer Relations Assistant ( CRA ) may depend on the ridership / footfall of the stations / CCC and may range from 8 to 12 hours daily.
DMRC Jr.Engineers Job :
The job of Jr.Engineers include maintenance of various Electrical ( Rolling Stock / Lift / Escalators / Power supply,stores etc ), Electronics ( Signaling & Telecom, Automatic Fair Collection, Rolling Stock, E & M, Scada, Stores etc ), Civil ( P.Way & Works ) & Mechanical systems and train maintenance, handling / operating Tower Wagon / Shunting etc. in shift duty including night shift.
DMRC Maintainer Job :
The Job profile of Maintainer pertains to maintenance of various Maintenance Systems & processes, in connection with operation & maintenance of Metro Trains, and also for installation / execution of various systems like Lifts, Escalators, Track, Structure, Traction / OHE, E&M, Signaling, Telecom / Automatic Fare Collection, Train Coaches, P. Way, works, Stores Depots etc., in shift duty including night shift.
DMRC Application Form 2014 :
DMRC Application Fee 2014
Payment of DMRC application fee ( including postage charges ) ( non – refundable ) :
1. UR & OBC ( including Ex – servicemen ) candidates are required to pay a Non – refundable fee of
400/- ( inclusive of bank charges plus service tax ) and SC / ST candidates are required to pay a non – refundable fee of
150 ( for processing fee only, inclusive of bank charges plus service tax ) for each post
2. Written Examination Fee including Bank transaction charges once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances. Candidates are therefore requested to verify their eligibility, the closing date for submission of DMRC online application before paying the application fee plus bank transaction charges. If a candidate wishes to apply for more than one post, he / she will have to remit the fee separately for each post.
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Application Form 2014 :
1. Candidates are required to apply online through website : www.delhimetrorail.com only. No other means / mode of DMRC application will be accepted.
2. Candidates are required to have a valid personal e – mail ID. It should be kept active during the currency of this recruitment process. In case a candidate does not have a valid personal e – mail ID, he / she should create his / her new e – mail ID before applying online. Under no circumstances, he / she should share / mention e – mail ID to / of any other person.
3. Candidates are first required to go to the DMRCs website : www.delhimetrorail.com and click on the link “Career”.
4. Thereafter, he / she may open the recruitment notification titled “DMRC / OM / HR / I / 2014”.
5. He / she may thoroughly go through the vacancy notification first to let him / her know the eligibility, age criteria etc.
6. Candidates are required to click the link “generation of the BANK CHALLAN” ( fee payment voucher ) and enter necessary details like Name, Date of Birth, Mobile No. and Amount.
7. A bank Challan with Bank Reference Number ( the reference number will be unique ) will be generated.
8. The Bank Challan will be generated only upto 13th April, 2014 ( upto 23.59 hrs ) from the date of issue of advertisement.
9. The system generated Bank challan will be in triplicate ( 1st copy – Bank Copy, 2nd copy – Candidates Copy and 3rd
copy – DMRCs Copy ).
Candidates are required to take a print out of this system generated Bank Challan and deposit the requisite Written Examination Fee ( for fee details see para “Payment of application fee” ) per post in any branch of State Bank of India ( SBI ) after a minimum of 24 hrs of generation of the Bank Challan. Only, State Bank of India ( SBI ) has been authorized by DMRC to collect the DMRC application fee, in a specially opened DMRC Account No. 33700092265.
i) For payment of fees, candidate has to approach the nearest SBI branch with the system generated bank challan only, with a unique „Bank Reference Number” in triplicate ( 1 st copy – Bank Copy, 2nd copy – Candidates Copy and 3rd copy – DMRCs Copy ) downloaded from DMRC website : www.delhimetrorail.com.
ii) The system generated challan printed from the DMRC website should only be used for depositing the fee for proper crediting amount in the allocated account.
iii) On receipt of the money, the bank will issue a unique Journal Number and a Branch code of the bank collecting the money. Candidates are required to collect the “Candidates Copy” and “DMRC Copy” from the bank. They are also required to ensure themselves that these bank challans contain i) SBI Journal number ii) Branch Name iii) Branch code No. iv) Date of deposit v) Amount.
iv) DMRC will not be responsible in case the candidate deposits the fee in a wrong account. There will not be any other mode of payment of DMRC application fee. If selected for Psycho Test / Interview, candidate will have to show the original copy of the challan meant for the candidate.
v) DMRC Application fee is to be paid between 13th March, 2014 to 15th April, 2014 only.
vi) Demand Drafts, Cheques, Money Orders, Postal Orders, Pay Orders, Banker’s Cheques, postal stamps, etc., will not be accepted,
towards application fee.
10. Candidates are now ready to apply Online by re – visiting the career link i.e. “DMRC / OM / HR / I / 2014” on DMRCs website : www.delhimetrorail.com and by going to sub link titled “Apply Online” and follow the instructions given therein carefully for Online Registration.
11. The Online registration will remain active from 18.00 hrs of 11th March, 2014 to 23.59 hrs of 15th April, 2014 only. In order to avoid last minute rush, the candidates are advised to apply early enough. DMRC will not be responsible for network problems or any other problem of this nature in submission of DMRC online application during last days due to heavy rush etc.
12. Select the post applied and fill in the requisite details in the DMRC online application format. All the fields in the online application format should be filled up carefully. There will be a pre – view of the applications filled in by the candidate before submitting the application, so that it can be edited. After submission of the application, no modification will be permitted.
13. Once you submit your DMRC application form 2014, the system will generate a unique Registration No. and generate a Registration Slip, which will have unique Registration number, your basic details like name, category, and post applied for
14. Important Notes :
i) Candidates are advised to take 2 ( two ) print outs of the Registration slip. One copy of registration slip, duly filled, should be sent to us and the other copy should be kept with the candidate for future reference.
ii) Paste his / her recent passport size colored photograph ( 3.5 cm X 3.5 cm ) at appropriate place.
iii) Put his / her signature, in blue ink only, at the allocated place and put his / her left thumb impression on the relevant space allocated in the Registration slip. The thumb impression must be clear and complete. Ridges of the thumb impression must be clearly visible.
iv) Fill in the declaration given on the registration slip in your own handwriting. Handwriting should be in free flow and not
in capital letters.
v) Candidates must ensure that the photograph must in be colour, not more than 03 months old from the date of the publication of this notification and it should be of good quality with fine print. DMRC Applications with mutilated or deformed photographs will summarily be rejected by DMRC. The other copy of the registration slip should be kept with the candidate for future reference.
15. Documents to be sent with the duly filled registration slip ( as explained in para 14 ) :
i) Original copy of the system generated challan meant for DMRC.
ii) Candidates belonging to SC / ST categories must attach an attested copy of their SC / ST certificates with the registration slip. OBC candidates ( central list ) are also required to attach the attested copy of their certificate.
16. The candidate will now send one copy of “Registration Slip” duly completed as explained above so as to reach the address given hereunder latest by 22nd April, 2014, positively via Ordinary Post only. Candidates must ensure that their duly filled DMRC applications reach the under mentioned address by 22nd April, 2014 at the following address : Dmrc Limited, Post Bag No. 9, Lodhi Road Post Office New Delhi – 110003.
In case of non receipt of filled in registration slips by post, the candidature will not be acceptable. A sub – link will be provided, after the closing date for receipt of DMRC applications by post, wherein a candidate can track the status of his / her submitted applications.
17 The envelope should be properly sealed and super scribed with
a. Name of the post & post code. and
b. Category – UR / OBC / SC / ST / Ex – Servicemen ( as the case may be ).
Imp : one envelop should carry only one DMRC application only.
DMRC Selection Process 2014 :
For the post of Station Controller / Train Operator ( post code – 01 ) and Customer Relations Assistant ( post code – 02 ), the selection methodology will comprise four – stage process – Written Test ( two papers ), Psycho Test & Personal Interview followed by Medical examination in Aye – one category.
For the post of Jr.Engineers ( Electrical / Electronics / Mechanical / Civil ), ( post codes 03,04,05 & 06 ) the selection methodology will comprise three – stage process – Written Test ( two papers ), Personal Interview followed by Medical examinations in Aye – one category not below Aye – three. For the post of Maintainer, ( post codes 07 ) the selection methodology will comprise two – stage process – Written Test ( one paper ), followed by Medical examination in Bee – One category. There will be no interview for Maintainers’ category of post.
Medical Examination :
All candidates shall have to undergo the medical fitness test ( s ) and meet the medical standards prescribed by DMRC for various posts. Expenses for the first time medical examination of the candidate will be borne by DMRC. However, in case a candidate seeks
extension for joining, then for the second time medical examination, if need so arises, the expenditure for the medical test / s will be borne by the candidate himself / herself. Candidates having undergone lasik surgery are not suitable for all posts.
The selection process would judge different facets of knowledge, skills, comprehension, aptitude and physical fitness. Candidates will have to pass through each stage successfully ( including Medical examination ), before being adjudged as suitable for selection. Candidates, who fail in the prescribed medical test, will not be given any alternative employment and decision of the Corporation is final on this issue. Dates of written examination, result of written examination and all recruitment related information shall be available only on Website : www.delhimetrorail.com and candidates must remain in constant touch with it.
Written Test :
For post codes 01, 02, 03, 04, 05 & 06, the written test will consist of two papers ( Paper – I and Paper – II, to be held on the same day in the same centre ). Paper – I will consist of multiple – choice objective type questions, bilingual ( Hindi / English ), on General Awareness, Logical Ability, Quantitative Aptitude and / or knowledge of the discipline / trade. There will be a total of 120 questions, each carrying equal marks. There will be negative marking. For every wrong answer 1 / 3 marks will be deducted. The Paper – I shall be of 1.5 hours duration.
Paper – II :
will consist of objective type questions on General English to judge the knowledge of English language. There will be a total of 60 questions, each carrying equal marks. There will be negative marking. For every wrong answer 1 / 3 marks will be deducted. The Paper – II shall be of 45 minutes duration.
Candidates who qualify in Paper – I and rank high on the merit list within the zone of consideration, as decided by the DMRC, will only be evaluated for Paper – II. Successful candidates based on the Written Test ( Both Paper – I & Paper – II put together ) shall be called for Personal Interview / Psycho, at Delhi.
For post code 07, the written test will consist of multiple – choice objective type questions, bilingual ( Hindi / English ), on General Awareness, Reasoning, Numerical Ability, English Language and specific ITI trade / discipline carrying a total of 120 questions. There will be negative marking. For every wrong answer 1 / 3 marks will be deducted. The Paper shall be of 1.5 hours duration. There will not be any interview for the post of Maintainers. Candidates who qualify in Written Test and rank high on merit list to the extent of vacancies, as per reservation roster, shall be called for medical examination in Bee – one standard.
Candidates ( for all category of posts ) to be called for Personal interview / Psycho Test and Medical examination, as the case may be, at Delhi and shall be paid to & fro sleeper class Railway fare for journey by the shortest route between Railway Station nearest to hometown & Delhi. No reimbursement shall be made to the candidates appearing for the written examination.
Character & Antecedents: The success in the examination does not confer any right to appointment unless the corporation is satisfied after such an inquiry, as may be considered necessary, that the candidate having regard to his / her character and antecedents is suitable in all respects for appointment to the service.
DMRC Surety Bond : The candidates selected for posts of Station Controller / Train Operator, Jr.Engineers ( Electrical / Electronics / Mechanical / Civil ) will have to execute a surety bond of
75,000/- & Cost of training (
22,000/- ) to serve the corporation for a minimum period of three years ( exclusive of the period in which one remained on LWP or EOL ) and also a three months prior notice, will be required before seeking resignation from the corporation.
The candidates selected for posts of Customer Relations Assistant, Maintainers will have to execute a surety bond of
75,000/- & Cost of training (
15,000 ) to serve the corporation for a minimum period of three years ( exclusive of the period in which he remained on LWP or EOL ) and also a three months prior notice, will be required before seeking resignation from the corporation.
Training & Probation :
The selected candidates on appointment will be on Probation for a period of two years ( including period of training ), where they will undergo intensive training for prescribed duration. The Corporation has the right to enhance or reduce the training period at its discretion for any or all the trainees. During the probation period, candidates shall be required to pass various examinations.
The service of the candidate during probation period can be terminated by the corporation if the performance of candidate is found to be unsatisfactory, in accordance with the terms & conditions of offer of appointment. Pay & Emoluments: The pay & emoluments for direct recruits shall be as per pay scales under the IDA ( Industrial DA ) as applicable from time to time and other benefits which include Perks, HRA, Medical benefit, EPF, Gratuity, and Insurance etc. as per extant rules of the Corporation.
Concessions & Relaxations :
Upper age relaxation by 5 years for SC / ST and 3 years for OBC candidates ( of Central List ) ( Formats are available on DMRC’s website ), for reserved posts. Upper age relaxations by 5 years for candidates belonging to Jammu & Kashmir who had ordinarily been domiciled in that state between 01.01.1980 and 31.12.1989.
Upper age for Ex – servicemen will be length of service + 3 years, subject to a maximum age of 40 years. The Ex – servicemen are those who are covered in the definition, as per extant rules of Ministry of Defence / Govt of India. Reservation for Ex – Servicemen shall be treated as horizontal reservation, i.e., reservation to Ex – Servicemen belonging to any category ( UR / SC / ST / OBC ) will be adjusted within the category to which the selected Ex – Serviceman candidate belongs.
Existing DMRC employees who have completed at least 3 years continuous service in DMRC as on 1.1.2014, will be given age relaxation to the extent of 3 years as on the date of reckoning of age limit for i.e. 1.1.2014.
DMRC General Conditions 2014 :
1. While applying for these posts, the applicant should ensure that he / she fulfils the eligibility and other norms mentioned above on the specified dates and that the particulars furnished by him / her are correct in all respects. In case, it is detected at any stage of recruitment that a candidate does not fulfill the eligibility norms and / or that he / she has furnished any incorrect / false information or has suppressed any material fact(s), his / her candidature will stand cancelled. If any of these shortcomings is / are detected even after appointment, his / her services are liable to be terminated.
2. The validity of the Selection Panel is for two years from the date of its approval. The selection of candidate by DMRC does not confer any right to the candidate for appointment. The written test will be held at Delhi / NCR only.
3. Candidates employed in Govt. Dept. / PSU / Autonomous Body must produce „NOC from the present employer on the date of Interview / Medical ( for the post of Maintainers ). In case a candidate wishes to apply for more than one post, she / he may register online separately & fill separate DMRC applications for each post and send them in separate envelop along with the requisite fee for each post as specified in para titled “Payment of application fee”. All applications should be completed in all respect, as each will bear a separate registration number.
4. Attach attested copies of Community / Caste Certificate in Central formats ( SC / ST / OBC ), for seeking age relaxation etc. with the registration slip. ( All these formats are available on DMRCs website : www.delhimetrorail.com. No other format will be acceptable.
5. A candidate who claims to belong to one of the Other Backward Classes has to submit in support of his claim an attested copy of a certificate in the prescribed form issued by the competent authority specified by the Central Govt. in their O.M. No. 36012 / 22 / 93 – Estt. ( SC ) dated 08.09.93. OBC certificate should be current & issued within one year of the closing date of the DMRC application.
6. Candidates should keep sufficient numbers of same Photograph in reserve for future use, which they are using in the registration slip. Incomplete DMRC applications or applications received after the due date will be summarily rejected. Request for change of mailing address or e – mail address will not be entertained under any circumstances.
7. Court of jurisdiction for any dispute will be at Delhi. DMRC reserves the right to fix the minimum standard / qualifying marks for each component of selection for all posts. DMRC shall not be responsible for any postal delay / loss in transit. No request in this regard will be entertained.
8. Candidates must remain in constant touch with DMRCs website : www.delhimetrorail.com for information regarding dates of written test, result of written test, schedule of Interview, standards of Vision for Medical test etc. The eligible candidates, whose DMRC applications are available on the Master list & do not receive the admit card for written examination in time, may check the status of their application and also download the admit card through DMRCs website as per schedule & instructions notified on DMRCs website in advance.
9. The admit card for written test will NOT be sent by post or email. It will only be downloaded from DMRC website : www.delhimetrorail.com. The issue of an Admit Card or result notification to appear in the Written test / Psycho Test / Interview / medical fitness test or the fact of having passed these tests or having been placed on the final merit list, will not be a proof of any candidates eligibility. Candidature will be purely provisional subject to eligibility and other verifications before or after appointment in DMRC.
The onus of ensuring that candidate meets all the eligibility requirements will rest on the candidate himself / herself all through the recruitment process. Candidates will be allowed to appear in written test / psycho test / interview / medical fitness test purely on provisional basis and no candidate will have a right to appointment or any compensation only on the ground of having appeared in or passed the written or any other screening test.
DMRC is not responsible for any printing error that might have inadvertently crept in. Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate. Bringing mobile phone / Communication device in the examination Hall will be deemed GUILTY OF MISCONDUCT & suitable actions including immediate expulsion of candidate from the examination hall will be taken.
N.B. : Candidates should refer to advertisement given in the Employment News or on DMRCs website only, for the purpose of applying for the jobs. DMRC has not authorized any other agency / vendor to publish the instant ad and DMRC application form 2014. The only and accepted mode of submission of application has exhaustively been explained from para 1 to 17 under title “How to apply”. In case of any discrepancy in advertisements published in various newspapers / Employment News etc, the contents as put on DMRCs website i.e. www.delhimetrorail.com, will prevail.