Latest Recruitment in BMRCL 2013
Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL), a Joint Venture of Government of India and Government of Karnataka, is the Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) entrusted with the responsibility of implementation of Bangalore Metro Rail system.
BMRCL invites applications online from eligible candidates for the following posts :
|SI.No.||Name of Post||No. of posts||Educational Qualification||Experience|
|1.||Executive Assistants (Gen)||14||1. Graduate from a recognized University. 2. Sr. English Shorthand. Preference will be given to those who have both English & Kannada Shorthand and among them those who have done Sr. Shorthand. 3. Sr. English & Sr. Kannada Typewriting 4. Expertise in MS Office, Internet & Email OR Diploma in Commercial Practice with English Shorthand. Preference will be given to those who have done Kannada Shorthand also Desirable : Diploma / Certificate in Computer Applications / Office Management / Secretarial Practice, from a reputed Institute||3 years as Personal Secretary / Personal Assistant or Secretarial Assistant or in similar capacity in Govt. Department / reputed Company.|
|2.||Executive Assistant (IT)||2||Graduate from a recognised University with Diploma in IT or BCA.||Three years relevant experience in Maintenance of LAN, Website, Database and day-to-day troubleshooting in computer related matters.|
|3.||Executive Assistant (IT – Animation)||2||1) Diploma in IT or BCA 2) Degree in Animation from a reputed Animation Institute.||Three years relevant experience in 3 D imagery, visuals and animations for different software applications, website and training course modules.|
|4.||Executive Assistant (Finance & Accounts)||7||Graduate in Commerce / BBM / BBA from a reputed University Working knowledge of MS Office, Tally, internet & e-mail||Minimum 3 years experience in maintenance of Books of Accounts, Finalization of Accounts and/or audit of (i) Books of Accounts of Firm / Company / Corporate body / Board|
|5.||Executive Assistant (Property Development)||2||Graduate or BBM from a recognized University. Expertise in MS Office, internet & e-mail||3 years experience in Retail Marketing, Vendor Management, and Retail Operations, real estate. Should possess good knowledge of real estate and retail market in Bangalore. Desirable : 1) Hands on exposure in research & analysis. 2) Knowledge of the pulse of the local market with an eye on the international trends. 3) Candidates shouldering responsibility / having experience in developing relationships with key decision-makers in target organizations for business development in retail outlets, advertising, memorabilia, event, brand management and related activities for generating revenue, would be preferred.|
|6.||Executive Assistant (Vigilance)||1||Graduate from a recognized University. Expertise in MS Office, internet, e-mail||3 years experience in handling disciplinary matters / and vigilance and legal matters. departmental enquiries in any Govt. / reputed Company.|
|7.||Executive Assistant (HR)||2||1. Graduate from a recognized University. 2. Sr. English Shorthand. Preference will be given to those who have both English & Kannada Shorthand and among them those who have done Sr. Shorthand. 3. Sr. English & Sr. Kannada Typewriting. 4. Expertise in MS Office, Internet & Email OR Diploma in Commercial Practice with English Shorthand. Preference will be given to those who have done Kannada Shorthand also. Desirable : Diploma / Certificate in Computer Applications / Office Management / Secretarial Practice, from a reputed Institute.||3 years experience in handling HR / Labour matters in any Government Department / reputed organization.|
|8.||Executive Assistant (Primavera)||1||Diploma in Civil / Electrical / Electronics / IT / Computer Science from a recognized Institution. Working Knowledge in the usage of Primavera software. Expertise in MS Office, internet & e-mail||3 years experience in Primavera usage in construction industry.|
|9.||Executive Assistant (Admn & Finance)||2||Graduate in Commerce / BBM/ BBA from a reputed University. Working knowledge of MS Office, Tally, internet & e-mail.||Minimum 3 years experience in maintenance of Books of Accounts, Finalization of Accounts and/or audit of (i) Books of Accounts of Firm / Company / Corporate body / Board.|
|10.||Executive Assistant (Training)||-||Graduate from a reputed University. Working knowledge of MS Office, internet & e-mail||Minimum 3 years experience in reputed Training Institute in handling training programmes, preparation of training calendar etc.|
|11.||Data Entry Operator||19||PUC (10 + 2) with Sr. Typewriting in English and Sr. Typewriting in Kannada. OR Graduate with Expertise in MS Office, internet, e-mail usage and speed in PC keyboard usage. OR Diploma in Commercial Practice with English Shorthand and Expertise in MS Office, internet, e-mail usage.||3 years experience in Govt. / reputed company in maintenance of data base on Computer, assisting in day to day office functions of the senior officers.|
Essential Requirement :
Knowledge of Kannada to read, speak and write is mandatory. Should be able to independently work on MS Word, Excel, Power Point. Other details in respect of posts sought to be filled up :
|SI. No.||Name of Post||No. of posts||Age as on 1.1.2013 should not exceed||BMRCL Job description|
|1.||Executive Assistant (General)||14||40||Shall assist Directors / GMs / Chief Engineers in their day to day functions in file and tappal management, follow up with concerned inhouse as well as outside, taking dictation and transcription, attending to telephone calls. They should be capable of managing databases, retrieval of information from data bases, managing files and papers in accordance with the instructions of the concerned officers as issued from time to time.|
|2.||Executive Assistant (IT)||2||40||Should be able to independently look after maintenance of LAN, Website, Database and day-to-day troubleshooting in computer related matters. Will be responsible for basic management work related to software installation, configuration of mail servers and maintenance of hardware etc.|
|3.||Executive Assistant (IT) (Animation)||2||40||Should be able to develop 3 D imagery, visuals and animations for different software applications, website and training course modules.|
|4.||Executive Assistant (F & A)||7||40||Shall report to the Manager (Finance & Accounts), should be capable of taking the responsibility of any part of Finance and Accounts Division which includes handling imprest and processing files for payment to contractors / suppliers, preparation of salary bills, maintenance of Bank Guarantees and related work thereof, participating in / assisting in the tender opening committees, attending to statutory compliances in respect of Income Tax, VAT, Service Tax etc., fund management, and above all maintenance of accounting-data-bases on Tally upto date and generation of MIS reports therefrom and preparation of final accounts and attending to audit queries – under the guidance of Senior officers.|
|5.||Executive Assistant (Property Development)||2||40||Shall report to the Manager (Property Development) / GM (F). Should be able to shoulder responsibility in developing relationships with key decision- makers in target organizations for business development in retail outlets. Should be capable of handling issues relating to advertisements, tenders, event / brand management and related activities for generating revenue to the Company.|
|6.||Executive Assistant (Vigilance)||1||40||Shall report to Chief Vigilance Officer / Manager (Vigilance) and assist in vigilance matters, maintenance of files and related correspondence thereof. The job involves extensive running around specially throughout the Metro network, gathering information, interacting with personnel working for Metro, prepare reports analyse them.|
|7.||Executive Assistant (HR)||2||40||Shall report to DGM (HR) / AGM (HR) in handling routine HR functions like recruitment, appraisals, promotions, annual increments, pay and perks including DA and HRA, conveyance, general office administration like procurement & issue of stationery maintenance of records. Handling of labour issues and correspondence with various statutory authorities like PF , Labour Dept. and other Government Departments, employee grievances and issues relating to terminal benefits like Superannuation, Gratuity etc.|
|8.||Executive Assistant (Primavera)||1||40||Shall be incharge of and responsible for the usage and maintenance of Primavera software. Shall assist the officer incharge of Project Management / Contract Management through optimum utilization of Primavera software including status updation, coordination with company officers for obtaining information for such updation and generation of MIS reports.|
|9.||Executive Assistant (Admin & Finance)||1||40||Shall assist the Training Institute in maintenance of relevant accounts, files, papers. Liaison with Accounts Dept. handling petty cash, coordination with Internal Audit etc.|
|10.||Executive Assistant (Training)||1||40||Shall assist the Principal / Vice Principal, BMR Training Institute in conducting regular induction training classes. Assist in preparation of training schedule / plans, issue of competency certificates, develop feedback formats and analyse the feedback from trainees, maintenance of data bases on the computer, looking after receipt / dispatch of tappals etc.|
|11.||DEO||19||40||Shall assist Senior and Middle level officers in day to day functions. Assist in typing, making notes in respective files, maintenance of database and retrieval thereof.|
I. BMRCL Pay Scale :
a. Deputation : As drawn in the Parent Department., plus Allowances as admissible under BMRCL Rules.
b. Pay on Contract :
|SI. No.||Name of Post||CDA Pay Scale||CTC (Excluding Medical & PA insurance)|
|1.||Executive Assistants (Gen)||9300 – 34800 + 4200 GP||28150 + 1620 = 29770|
|2.||Executive Assistants (IT, F & A, PD, Vigilance, HR, Primavera, Admn & Finance , Training)||9300 – 34800 + 4200 GP||28150 + 1620 = 29770|
|3.||Data Entry Operator||Consolidated pay of 18000/- p.m.||18000 + 1512 = 19512|
Besides the above monthly salary, medical and personal accident insurance cover and Superannuation contribution will be provided as ad missible under BMRCL rules for all the above positions.
II. Contract Appointment :
1. The Contract Appointment will be for 3 years. 2. The contractual period of appointment may be terminated by either side by giving 30 days notice or by paying the contractual remuneration of one month in lieu of notice period, if the circumstances so warrant.
III. Conditions for BMRCL Recruitment 2013 :
1. Prescribed qualifications are the minimum requirements and mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview.
2. The experience is post qualification and the minimum required. Mere possession of minimum experience does not confer any right for BMRCL interview / selection.
3. Any canvassing by or on behalf of the candidates or to bring political or other outside influence with regard to selection / appointment shall be a disqualification.
4. BMRCL Selection process will consist of written test followed by Interview. BMRCL Written test will consist of questions on General English / Kannada, Passage writing, drafting in Kannada / English, computer literacy and typing. In case of EA (Finance) the test will be on Accounts & Finance and will include working on Tally and for EA (IT / Animation) there will be a separate test on IT / Animation.
5. Employees working in BMRCL may also apply provided they fulfill the prescribed qualification and experience. Such employees will be entitled to age relaxation by no. of years of service they have put in the Company and they will be considered for the BMRCL written test irrespective of the marks scored in the qualifying examination.
6. If sufficient number of qualified candidates are not available for the post of Executive Assistants (General) then to that extent the number of posts of Data Entry Operators will get enhanced.
IV. BMRCL Recruitment 2013 Application Form :
1. BMRCL Job Applications should be submitted online.
2. Candidates desirous of applying for more than one post shall submit separate applications for each post.
3. The certificates in support of educational qualification and experience should be scanned and uploaded along with the BMRCL Recruitment 2013 application.
V. Procedure for shortlisting conditions for BMRCL Written Test 2013 :
1. Based on the percentage of marks scored in the qualifying examination (degree / diploma) prescribed for the post the eligible applications will be shortlisted in the ratio of 1 : 5 in order of merit for BMRCL Written Test 2013. This will be subject to III (5) above. In respect of posts for which Typing & Shorthand qualification is prescribed then 50% weightage will be given to educational qualification and 50% weightage to the technical qualification i.e. typing / shorthand. While considering the technical qualification, highest marks scored by the candidate (English or Kannada, Typing or Shorthand whichever is beneficial to the candidate) will be taken for calculating the weightage.
2. While shortlisting, the experience as declared by the candidate will be accepted subject to verification of the same at the time of BMRCL Interview 2013. The candidates shortlisted will only be called for BMRCL Written Test to be conducted by BMRCL Office, at the venue and on a date to be intimated to shortlisted candidates separately by post / email.
3. The candidates shortlisted for BMRCL 2013 Written Test shall attend the same at their own cost.
4. No request for change of date of Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited written test will be entertained at any cost.
5. BMRCL Written Test will consist of the following :
i. Kannada drafting / English drafting – common for all posts (on paper by hand)
ii. English / Kannada Typing – common for all posts (on PC)
iii. Computer Literacy Test – common for all posts (on PC)
iv. Test on Finance & Accounts including Tally / ERP for EA (F) (partly on paper by hand and partly on PC)
v. Test on IT (on PC)
vi. Test on Animation (on PC)
6. Candidates shortlisted for the Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited Recruitment 2013 Written Test shall bring the call letter in original. Non production of original bmrcl call letter will entail rejection of the candidature.
7. Based on the marks scored in the Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited Written Test 2013, candidates in the ratio of 1:2 will be called for BMRCL Interview 2013. The candidates shortlisted for Interview shall bring all original documents with one set self attested Xerox copies in support of education al qualification and experience for verification.
8. Selection list will be prepared by taking 85% weightage of BMRCL Written Test marks and 15 marks of the Interview.
9. Selected candidates will have to produce Medical Fitness Certificate in accordance with the norms of the Company.
VI. Miscellaneous :
1. Documents in support of qualification and relevant experience shall be scanned and uploaded along with the BMRCL Recruitment 2013 application.
2. BMRCL Recruitment 2013 shall not be liable for any damage / injury / loss to the individual, if any, sustained during the entire recruitment process and journey.
3. Any candidate found guilty of impersonation or submitting fabricated documents or making statements, which are false or incorrect or attempts to use unfair means for the purpose of Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited Recruitment 2013, will be liable for rejection.
4. BMRCL Recruitment 2013 reserves the right to assess fitness or otherwise of the candidates selected.
VII. Last date for submission of BMRCL Applications Online : 12th August, 2013.
Shortlisted candidates only will be called for bmrcl written test followed by Interview.
Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited invites application from eligible Ex-military personnel for the following posts ( Total 237 Posts ) in the Operation & Maintenance Wing of BMRCL. While the details are available on the BMRCL website, following may be noted :
Name of the Post
Essential Educational Qualification
Maximum Age Limit ( As on 1st January, 2013 )
|Vacancy from earlier recruitments||Fresh recruitment||Vacancy from earlier recruitment||Fresh recruitment||Vacancy from earlier recruitment||Fresh recruitment||Vacancy from earlier recruitment.||Fresh recruitment|
|Section Engineer ( SE )|
|Section Engineer ( Signalling / Telecommunication / Automatic Fare Collection )||16000 - 30770/-.||1||Four years Engineering Degree in Electrical / Electronics / Telecommunication / Computer Science Engineering or equivalent qualification declared by Armed Forces.||GM - 50 years, SC / ST - 55 years, OBC - 53 years.||3||1||2||0||2||0||1||0||9|
|Section Engineer ( Electric Traction / Electrical Maintenance / Lift & Escalator )||16000 - 30770/-.||2||Four years Engineering Degree in Electrical / Electronics / Telecommunication / Computer Science Engineering or equivalent qualification declared by Armed Forces.||GM - 50 years SC / ST - 55 years OBC - 53 years.||4||00||0||0||0||0||0||0||4|
|Section Engineer ( Rolling Stock Maintenance )||16000 - 30770/-.|
|Section Engineer ( Civil Structure Works )||16000 - 30770/-.||3||Four years Engineering Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification declared by Armed Forces.||GM - 50 years SC / ST - 55 years OBC - 53 years.||4||1||0||0||0||0||1||0||6|
|Section Engineer ( JE )|
|Junior Engineer ( Signalling / Telecommunication / Automatic Fare Collection ).||14000 - 26950/-.||4||Matriculation plus three years Engineering Diploma in Electrical / Electronics / Telecommunication Engineering or equivalent qualification declared by Armed Forces in any one of the "Trades viz. i) Engine Fitter ii) Air Frame Fitter iii) Workshop Fitter iv) Plant Maintenance Fitter v) Instrument Fitter vi) Electrical Fitter vii) ADSO viii) AFSO||GM - 50 years SC / ST - 55 years OBC - 53 years.||3||0||0||0||0||0||5||0||8|
|Junior Engineer ( ET / EM / L & E / Rolling Stock Maintenance )||14000 - 26950/-.||5||Matriculation plus three years Engineering Diploma in Electrical / Electronics / Telecommunication Engineering or equivalent qualification declared by Armed Forces in any one of the "Trades viz. i) Engine Fitter ii) Air Frame Fitter iii) Workshop Fitter iv) Plant Maintenance Fitter v) Instrument Fitter vi) Electrical Fitter vii) Active Duty Service Obligation ( ADSO ) viii) AFSO||GM - 50 years SC / ST - 55 years OBC - 53 years.||7||6||1||2||4||1||2||3||26|
|Maintainers ( Signalling & Telecommunication / Automatic Fare Collection )||10170 - 18500/-.||7||Matriculation plus two years ITI in Electrician or equivalent trade issued by Armed Forces in any one of the following : Electrician Operator Radio Engine Artificer Fitter Radio Technician||GM - 50 years SC / ST - 55 years OBC - 53 years.||9||4||4||2||3||1||4||3||30|
|Maintainers ( ET / EM/ L & E / Rolling Stock )||10170 - 18500/-.||8||Matriculation plus two years ITI in Electrician or equivalent trade issued by Armed Forces in any one of the following : Electrician Machinist Engine Artificer Engine Fitter Airframe Fitter Instrument Fitter Plant Maintenance Fitter||GM - 50 years SC / ST - 55 years OBC - 53 years.||11||33||8||10||1||6||8||20||97|
|Maintainers ( Civil Structure Works )||10170 - 18500/-.||9||Matriculation plus two years ITI in Masonary, Carpentry, Building or equivalent trade issued by Armed Forces in any one of the following : Artisan ( construction ) Artisan ( Wood Work ) Welder Artisan ( Metallurgy ), Painter Decorator and Fitter||GM - 50 years SC / ST - 55 years OBC - 53 years.||3||0||2||0||0||0||1||0||6|
|Customer Relation Manager|
|Customer Relation Manager ( Operations )||14000 - 26950/-.||11||Matriculation, plus 2 and 3 years Graduate Degree in BA / BSc / BCom / BBM / BBA or Equivalent qualification declared as such by the Armed Forces. Instructional ability in any Defence institute for minimum two years is prefered.||GM - 50 years SC / ST - 55 years OBC - 53 years.||14||2||3||0||1||0||5||1||26|
|Station Controller & Train Operator|
|Station Controller ( Operations ).||14000 - 26950/-.||12||Matriculation plus three years Diploma in Electrical Engineering /Bachelor of Science with Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics or Equivalent Qualification in trade issued by Armed Forces in any one of the following trades :- (i) Machinist (ii) Engine Artificer (iii) Driver Special Vehicle (iv) AFV Drivers (v) Engine Fitter (vi) Mechanical Transport Fitter (vii) Special Vehicle Operator||GM - 50 years SC / ST - 55 years OBC - 53 years.||10||2||2||1||0||0||3||1||19|
|Train Operator ( Operations ).||14000 - 26950/-.|
|Assistants ( Finance )|
|Assistant ( Finance / Stores )||10170 - 18500/-.||13||Matriculation, plus 2 and 3 years Bachelor Degree in Commerce or equivalent declared as such by Armed Forces.||GM - 50 years SC / ST - 55 years OBC - 53 years.||3||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||4|
|Assistant ( HR )||10170 - 18500/-.||14||Matriculation, plus 2 & 3 years Bachelor Degree in Arts / Science / Commerce or equivalent declared as such by Armed Forces.||GM - 50 years SC / ST - 55 years OBC - 53 years.||1||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||2|
1) Please see detailed instructions for applying BMRCL online as given at ‘B’ – “Instructions for filling up the BMRCL Application Form” at Annexure-I to BMRCL Notification. BMRCL Recruitment Applications will be received online only. No paper BMRCL Job applications or applications through email etc. will be accepted.
2) Possession of Essential Educational Qualification prescribed in Col. No. 4 is must.
3) The candidate should have scored minimum 50% marks, in the essential educational qualification prescribed.
4) The said 50% should be computed by averaging marks of all the examinations in the entire course like Degree / Diploma / ITI as the case may be i.e. total marks obtained in all examinations divided by maximum marks of all examinations.
5) In case, instead of marks, Grades have been given, the middle figure of the range that the Grade covers should be taken as marks obtained for each subject and total percentage computed as per above prescribed procedure. Eg: If Grade ‘A’ range is 80 – 100, middle figure : 90 should be taken as marks obtained.
6) The degree should be from recognised University. The Engineering Degree / Diploma should be from an Institute / organisation recognised by AICTE.
7) The ITI Certificate should be recognised by NCVT / SCVT. Candidates possessing qualification equivalent to the relevant Engineering Degree / Engineering Diploma may apply subject to the condition that they should produce documentary proof obtained from Association of Indian Universities in respect of Engineering degree and from Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Karnataka in respect of Engineering Diploma certifying the said equivalence. Such document needs to be produced at the time of BMRCL Interview. If such document is not produced at the time of BMRCL Interview, the candidate shall be disqualified irrespective of his / her position in the merit list prepared on the basis of the BMRCL Written Test 2013.
8) In respect of 6 non technical posts viz. Assistant ( Finance / Stores ) under category 13 and Assistant ( HR ) under category 14, one post is reserved for persons with disabilities, provided they fulfill the criteria prescribed for the post. The BMRCL job involves reading and working on Computers and also listening, which should be satisfactory to enable discharge of the duties.
9) Candidates with qualification higher than prescribed need not apply and if it is found at any time that the candidate has not disclosed his higher qualification, BMRCL Recruitment 2013 may take necessary action for non disclosure / suppression of information and also shall reject forthwith the claim of the candidate for appointment in BMRCL or if already appointed shall be terminated forthwith.
10) As on 1st January, 2013 age of the candidate should not exceed the maximum age prescribed for the post. Age relaxation of 5 years for SC / ST candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates is available.
Abbreviation used :
AICTE : All India Council for Technical Education NCVT : National Council for Vocational Training SCVT : State Council for Vocational Training ITI : Industrial Training Institute SC : Schedule Caste ST : Schedule Tribe OBC : Other Backward Classes GM : General Merit
Last date for submission of BMRCL applications online is 17.07.2013 upto 6.00 PM.