UPPSC 2013 Preliminary & Main Exam Pattern & Syllabus for Combined Lower Subordinate Services Exam
Plan of UPPSC Lower Subordinate Service Exam 2013 :
The UPPSC 2013 Competitive Examination comprises three successive stages viz :
(1) UPPSC 2013 Preliminary Examination (Objective Type) (2) UPPSC 2013 Main Examination (Objective & Conventional) (3) Interview.
UPPSC Combined Lower Subordinate Preliminary Exam Pattern 2013 :
The UPPSC Combined Lower Subordinate Preliminary Exam will consist of the one paper ( General Studies ) of which answer sheet shall be on OMR sheets. The UPPSC 2013 Combined Lower Subordinate Exam Syllabus is mentioned below of UPPSC 2013 advertisement. The prescribed time for paper is two hours (9.30 a.m. to 11.30 a.m.) and prescribed maximum marks for paper is 300 & No. of questions will be 150.
UPPSC 2013 Combined Lower Subordinate Main (Written) Exam Pattern 2013 :
The UPPSC Combined Lower Subordinate Main Exam will consist two compulsory paper – Ist question paper General Studies (Objective), Maximum marks 200, Time 2 hours (9.30 a.m. to 11.30 a.m.) & no. of question 120 and IInd question paper (Conventional) General Hindi & Hindi Essay, Total marks 200, Time 3 hours (2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m.).
This UPPSC 2013 Question Paper contain two parts (first part General Hindi – 100 marks and Second part Hindi Essay – 100 marks). The UPPSC 2013 Combined Lower Subordinate Main Syllabus whereof is mentioned below.
UPPSC Syllabus for General Studies (Preliminary Examination) – Combined Lower Subordinate Service Exam 2013
M.M. – 300, Time – 2 hrs. No. of Questions – 150
(1) History of India and Indian National movement : In History of India emphasis should be on broad understanding of social economic and politic. aspects of Indian history. In the Indian National movement, the candidates are expected to have synoptic view of the freedom movement, growth of nationalist and attainment of Independence.
(2) Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World : Questions on the Geography of India will relate to Physical, Social & Economic Geography of India. In World Geography only general understanding of the subject will be expected.
(3) Indian Polity and Governance, Constitution, Political system, Panchayati Raj & Public Policy, rights issues etc : Indian polity and Governance questions will test knowledge of country’s constitution, political system including Panchayati Raj and Community Development.
(4) Indian Economy and Social Development : The candidates will be tested with respect to problems and relationship between population, Environment, Urbanisation, broad features of economic policy in India and Indian Culture.
(5) Current Events of National and International Importance : This will also include questions on Games & Sports.
(6)Indian Agriculture : The candidates will be expected to have general understanding of agriculture in India, agricultural produce and its marketing.
(7) General Science : Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of science including matters of everyday observation and special study of any scientific discipline. This will also include questions on role of science and technology in the development of India.
(8) Elementary Mathematics up to class 10th level : Arithmetic, Algebra and Geometry.
Note : The candidates are expected to have general awareness about the above topics with special reference to U.P.
UPPSC 2013 Exam Syllabus for General Studies (Main Examination) – Combined Lower Subordinate Service Exam 2013
M.M. – 200, Time – 2 hrs. No. of Questions – 120
(1) Current Affairs of National and International Importance – This will also include questions on Sports & Games.
(2) Logical and Critical Reasoning and Analytical Ability.
(3) General Mental Ability – Questions as would test candidates result-oriented aptitude.
(4) Statistical Analysis – Graphs and Diagrams, as would test the candidates’ ability to draw common sense conclusions from information presented in statistical, graphical or diagrammatical form.
(5) General Awareness and Knowledge of Indian Constitution and Panchayati Raj system
(6) Computer Knowledge – Introduction to computers, Hardware & Software, Computer Network, Internet & E-mail.
(7) Gandhian Thoughts – Political, Social and Economic spheres.
(8) U.P. specific questions – On Education, Culture, Agriculture, Population, Trade & Commerce, Social Customs, Industries etc.
(9) Interpersonal Skills including Communication Skills, Decision making and Problem-solving.
(10) General Human behaviours – Discipline, Morality, Leadership, Women-empowerment.
(11) General Science – Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of science including matters of everyday observation and special study of any scientific discipline. This will also include questions on role of science and technology in the development of India.
Some Information about UPPSC 2013 Combined Lower Subordinate Main Examination and Interview :
(i) Only such candidates will be admitted to the UPPSC 2013 Combined Lower Subordinate Service Main (written examination) who are declared successful in the Preliminary Examination for which the successful Candidates will have to fill another UPPSC Combined Lower Subordinate Service Exam 2013 application form according to instructions of the Commission and for this application the Examination fees for General, Other Backward Classes and for Candidates of Other States is 200/- and 15/- as Online Processing fees = 215/- and for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe Candidates of U.P. the fees is 80/- and 15/- as Online processing fees = 95/- only.
The Candidates of Physically Handicapped category of U.P. are exempted from fees but they have to pay 15/- only as Online Processing fees, but the candidates of D.F.F./ Ex-Army Personnel and women of U.P. shall deposit their fees according to their original category.
(ii) Candidates should carefully note that they will appear for the UPPSC Combined Lower Subordinate Service main examination against the same Roll No. allotted for the Preliminary Examination.
(iii) The UPPSC 2013 dates and venue of the examination shall be informed by the Commission later on.
(iv) Only such candidates will be called for UPPSC Interview who are declared successful on the basis of the main (written) examination.
(v) Candidates will have to fill up the prescribed uppsc 2013 application forms before the Interview (viva-voce test).
(vi) Preferences for different posts will be taken from the candidates at the time of Interview which will be treated final and no change therein will be worthy of being admitted.
(vii) All original certificates shall be verified at the time of UPPSC 2013 Interview. Candidates will also be required to furnish four passport size Photographs, two unattested (plain) and two attested by their Head of Department or Head of the Institution where they received education or by a Gazetted Officer at the time of UPPSC Interview 2013.
(viii) Candidates serving under the Central or State Government will have to produce ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their employer at the time of interview.
(ix) It is essential for the candidates to appear in the interview who qualify on the basis of UPPSC Combined Lower Subordinate Main Examination under the provisions laid down in relevant Service Rules for service of recruitment where Written Examination and Interview are indicated.
Note : The candidates must enclose all certificates in support of their claims rendered in the UPPSC 2013 application form for main examination. If they do not enclose all certificates in support of their all claims, their candidature shall be cancelled.