TNPSC Punch Operator Recruitment 2013 Selection Process
|TNPSC Punch Operator Recruitment Online Practice Test 2013 – Try Now !!|
Selection Process for TNPSC Punch Operator Recruitment 2013 :
TNPSC Selection will be made in two successive stages i.e.,
- Written Examination and
- Oral Test.
Scheme of TNPSC Written Examination ( Objective Type ) and Oral Test :
|Subject||Duration of TNPSC Examination||Maximum Marks||Minimum Qualifying Marks for Selection|
|SCs, SC ( A )s, STs, MBCs / DCs, BCs and BCMs.||Others|
|( Computer Based Test ) Single Paper in General Knowledge ( H.Sc. Standard ) (100 Items) + General Tamil / General English ( S.S.L.C. Standard ) ( 100 Items ) ( Objective Type ).||3 Hours||300||102||136|
|Interview and Record||40|
(i) The TNPSC Exam question papers will be set in two types ( i.e. ) 1) General Knowledge ( 100 items ) with General Tamil ( 100 items ) and 2) General Knowledge ( 100 items ) with General English ( 100 items ). Candidates are given the option to choose either General Tamil or General English for answering the second 100 items apart from answering the first 100 items on General Knowledge.
(ii) The TNPSC Punch Operator Exam questions on “ General Knowledge ” will be set both in Tamil and in English and the questions on General Tamil and General English will be set in the respective languages.
(iii) The syllabi for the said subjects are published in the TNPSC Bulletin as follows :
|Subject and Code No.||Page No.||TNPSC Bulletin No. and Date|
|General Knowledge ( H. Sc Standard )||490||No. 16, dated 01.08.2004|
|General Tamil ( S.S.L.C standard )||721||No. 11, dated 16.05.2001|
|General English ( S.S.L.C Standard )||722||No. 11, dated 16.05.2001|
The syllabi are also available in the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission’s Website ‘ www.tnpsc.gov.in ’.
Computer Based Test ( CBT ) :
The candidate has to appear for the examination where he has been allotted to the examination. Change of centre or venue is not permitted. He has to carry the TNPSC Exam Hall Ticket ( Admission Card ) and same has to be produced at the examination venue. Each Candidate will be assigned a Computer to take up the TNPSC Punch Operator examination 2013. Candidates will be provided with a user name and password to login the system. Necessary instructions will be displayed on screen. Kindly read all the instructions carefully.
1. Candidates are not permitted to carry any electronic and / or communication device into the examination hall. They are advised not to bring the electronic gadgets with them.
2. Computer Based Test ( CBT ) is similar to paper pen shading test.
3. In CBT, questions with four options each will be displayed in the computer screen.
4. Candidate has to click the best answer to the question.
5. Candidates can proceed to the next question by clicking next button. Or previous question by clicking previous button.
6. Candidates can review any question and the answers, and the answers can be changed at any time before the closure of TNPSC examination. They can skip the questions also, if they desire so.
7. Candidate can use only the mouse to select the correct answers and proceed with answering the questions.
8. The Question and optional answers will be shuffled randomly and displayed to the candidate.
9. Candidate can submit their answers at any time during the TNPSC examination 2013.
10. Once the answers are submitted, the candidates have no option to proceed further.
11. If the candidate fails to submit their answers, the system will automatically submit the answers to the server, at the closure of the TNPSC Punch Operator examination 2013.
12. No computer knowledge is required to take up the CBT. Knowledge in Mouse operation is suffice to take up the CBT.
13. The question and answers can be zoomed to the required level for the candidates with visual impairment. Candidates will be admitted to the examination till 30 minutes from the commencement of the examination. Candidates have to sign the attendance sheet and affix thumb impression for verification of his identity. All the activities of the candidates with the mouse will be recorded in the server and a log file will be created for future reference. The TNPSC Examination Hall will be under camera surveillance.
To acquaint with the operation of Mouse and the CBT, the candidates can take up the mock test available in the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commissions website ( www.tnpsc.gov.in ) and they can practice the usage of mouse in the mock test. Mock test is similar to the CBT to be held on the day of TNPSC examination. In the Mock test, all the steps are given similar to the CBT. Candidate can practice the mock test as many times as he / she likes.
Centre for TNPSC Examination 2013 :
TNPSC Examination will be held at Chennai Centre ( Code No. 001 ) only.
The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission reserves the right to increase the number of Examination Centre and to re – allot the candidates.
Concessions in the matter of age and / or qualification and / or fees allowed to SCs, SC(A)s, STs, MBCs / DCs, BCs, BCMs, Destitute Widows, Ex – Servicemen, Differently Abled persons, other categories of persons etc., are given in para 12 to 14 of the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission’s ‘ Instructions to candidates ‘.