TNPSC Departmental Examinations May 2013
TNPSC Applications are invited from candidates through “ Online ” Only for admission to the Departmental Examinations to be held in May 2013 ( Application Forms will not be supplied by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission ).
|Name of the TNPSC Examination||Date of Tamil Nadu PSC Notification||Date & Time of Closing||Date of TNPSC Examination|
|TNPSC Departmental Test May 2013||15.03.2013||15.04.2013 5.45 pm||24.05.2013 to 31.05.2013|
(i) The TNPSC Departmental Examinations ( except General Educational Test of the S.S.L.C. Standard ) are open to all persons, whether in Government Service or not, on payment of the prescribed fees. Persons in Government Service who are eligible under the existing rules to apply without paying the TNPSC examination fee, should also pay the fee and may claim reimbursement of the Tamil Nadu PSC application fee from their offices.
(ii) The candidates who apply for any of the TNPSC Departmental Examinations should have completed the age of 16 years on the date of TNPSC Notification viz. 15.03.2013. Registering TNPSC Online application includes Generation of Tamil Nadu PSC Recruitment application No. after data entry and uploading of scanned image with photograph and signature.
1. The TNPSC Examination Fee should be paid by postal receipt only. Candidates should make use of the facility of applying ‘ Online ’ through the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission’s Website with cost of TNPSC Registration fee of 30/- and Examination Fee 50/- for each test, except the candidate opting for New Delhi as centre.
(a) Candidates should make sure that he / she has acquired the Postal Receipts obtained from anyone of the post offices listed in to the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission’s Notification for the requisite number of tests that he / she is applying for, before registering Online. “ Candidates should note that TNPSC Registration Fee of 30/- along with postal charge of 12/- also will have to be included to the Total Amount of TNPSC Examination Fee prescribed for the tests applied for and should be paid through postal receipt only, except the candidates opting New Delhi as Centre ’’.
(b) As regards New Delhi candidates, the TNPSC examination fee should be paid only by crossed “ Account Payee ” Demand Draft obtained from any of the Scheduled / Nationalised Bank payable to the Secretary, Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission, Chennai – 600 003 at Chennai only.
Instructions to candidates for applying through TNPSC Online :
1. Approach the internet browsing centres which has scanning facility also or NIC having image scanners.
2. Keep the Postal receipt for payment of fee obtained on or after the date of TNPSC Notification i.e. 15.03.2013 and your passport size photograph ready, before going in for Tamil Nadu PSC Online Registration.
3. The TNPSC Examination fee, the Test code details, name of the Post Officers etc. are available in the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission’s website.
4. Duly fill the relevant columns of TNPSC Departmental Exam online application form 2013.
5. The postal receipt particulars should be furnished, while filling up the TNPSC Departmental Exam May 2013 application clearly. ( The Receipt No. entries made by the candidate will be matched with the data base received from the Post Office before admitting the application. Discrepancies found if any, will lead to rejection of TNPSC Departmental Exam application ).
6. Make a note of the auto – generated unique TNPSC Departmental Exam online Application No. displayed in the screen immediately on generating the TNPSC Departmental Exam May 2013 Online Application Form.
7. Take a printout of the auto generated duly filled in TNPSC Departmental Exam 2013 Application form and Identification Certificate by presenting the Application No. and date of birth.
8. After verifying the particulars for correctness tear off the blank portion of the Identification Certificate.
9. Paste your recent passport size photograph and affix signature in the respective boxes provided in the Identification Certificate.
10. Scan the Identification Certificate with Photo and signature and store it in a folder as a single image in JPG format.
11. Please ensure the size of the image not to exceed 20 kbs and within the resolution of 300 x 600 pixels with reasonably good quality image.
12. If the file size exceeds 20 kb, adjust the scanner settings suitably such as DPI resolution, Colours etc. during the process of scanning so as to reduce the file size (or) Ms Paint may also be used to resize the scanned image.
13. Upload the image in the website to complete the TNPSC Departmental Exam 2013 Online Registration.
14. The TNPSC Departmental Exam May 2013 application submitted without the photo and / or signature through online will be summarily rejected.
15. The Identification Certificate in original with photo and signature should get attested by immediate Superior Officer of your department along with the postal receipt pasted on the reverse should be taken to the TNPSC Departmental examination hall and handed over to the Invigilator on the last day of the TNPSC examination, you are appearing for.
16. Answer papers will be invalidated if you fail to handover the Identification Certificate at the TNPSC Departmental examination hall.
17. No need to send the TNPSC Departmental Exam May 2013 application printout or any other documents to the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission’s Office. Only TNPSC Online submission of application is enough ( except the candidates those who are applying for the II & III class language tests and SAS II(a), II(b), & II(c) tests ).
18. TNPSC Departmental Exam Hall ticket can be downloaded from the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission’s website from 17.05.2013 to 31.05.2013, by presenting the unique TNPSC Departmental Exam 2013 Online Application No. and date of birth.
19. No physical TNPSC Departmental Exam 2013 Hall tickets will be sent to the candidates by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission individually by post.
20. Candidate’s coming without downloaded hall ticket and physical Identification Certificate will not be permitted to write the TNPSC Departmental examination.
Candidates have to confirm the submission of their application to the TNPSC. They can check the status of the application by giving their unique TNPSC Departmental Exam Online Application number.
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission is not responsible for any data transmission loss.
Candidate should preserve their unique TNPSC Departmental Exam May 2013 Online Application No.
Any doubt in TNPSC Departmental Exam 2013 online application can get clarified with the Commission’s GRC (1800 425 1002) and any other Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission’s phone numbers also.
2. Centres of TNPSC Departmental Examinations 2013 :
The TNPSC Departmental Examinations will be held at the following Centres :
|Name of Centre||Code||Name of Centre||Code||Name of Centre||Code|
(i) The candidates should write the TNPSC examination only at the Head quarters of the District in which they are working, unless or otherwise they are specifically permitted by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission to write the Examination in any other Centre. This condition will not apply to the unemployed candidates and candidates employed in private concerns.
(ii) Change of Centre.
The candidate will appear for the TNPSC Departmental examination at the centre where he is employed. Only in exceptional circumstances, ( i.e., transfer, training, deputations ) candidates will be allowed for change of centre, provided requests for such changes are received in the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission’s Office on or before 30.4.2013. Such requisition for the change of centre will have to be routed through the Head of Office or a certificate to that effect obtained from the competent authority should be attached. TNPSC Departmental Exam May 2013 Applications for change of centre received in the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission’s Office after the date referred to above or not sent through the Head of Office or sent without proper certificate, will not be considered.
(iii). A Candidate changing his place of TNPSC examination without permission of the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission shall have his examination annulled.
3. Days and Dates of TNPSC Departmental Written Examinations 2013 :
The Forenoon session will commence from 9.00 a.m. and the afternoon session will commence from 2:30 p.m.
|Code Numbers of the Test||Day of the TNPSC Examination||Date of the Tamil Nadu PSC Examination|
|001 – 011||Friday||24.05.2013 FN|
|015 – 023||Friday||24.05.2013 AN|
|027 – 039 ( Except 028 )||Saturday||25.05.2013 FN|
|044 – 054||Saturday||25.05.2013 AN|
|058 – 063||Sunday||26.05.2013 FN|
|067 – 075||Sunday||26.05.2013 AN|
|079 – 090||Monday||27.05.2013 FN|
|093 – 098||Monday||27.05.2013 AN|
|102 – 115||Tuesday||28.05.2013 FN|
|119 – 132||Tuesday||28.05.2013 AN|
|135 – 148||Wednesday||29.05.2013 FN|
|152 – 164||Wednesday||29.05.2013 AN|
|168 – 176||Thursday||30.05.2013 FN|
|177 – 190||Thursday||30.05.2013 AN|
|194 – 206||Friday||31.05.2013 FN|
|208 only||Friday||31.05.2013 AN|
|209 – 215||Purely VIVA – VOCE – The dates of Oral Test will be intimated to the candidates individually.|
4. TNPSC Departmental Exam Application Fee 2013 :
The TNPSC Departmental Exam fee payable for each of the tests included in the Tamil Nadu PSC Departmental Examinations are given.
(i) Candidates are at liberty to apply for as many tests as the time table allows. If a candidate applies for two or more tests which are held at one and the same time, he / she will be permitted to write only one of the test which may be decided by him / her, even though all the opted tests appear in the Memorandum of admission.
(ii) If, for any reason, the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission is not satisfied as to the trustworthiness of a candidate’s result, the candidate will be required to undergo examination in one or more of the subjects of the TNPSC examinations for which he appeared and his success or failure will be determined on the result of such re – examination.
5. The TNPSC Departmental Exam syllabus, the maximum number of marks, the minimum number of marks required for a pass and the duration of the test are published in Part II – Section 2 ( Supplement ) of the Tamil Nadu Government Gazette, dated 18th December 1991 and dated 28th December 1997 and also in the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Bulletins, dated 16th July 1992, 16th November 1997 and dated Ist February 2002. The Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Administration Department Test will be conducted as per the orders issued by the Government in G.O.Ms. No.243, T.D. Culture & R.E. Department, dated 27th July 2000.
6. Candidates are allowed the option to answer the paper in all the tests either in English or in Tamil or partly in English and partly in Tamil, except the test on translation and the language test which have to be answered only in the language chosen by them in their TNPSC Departmental Exam applications.
7. General Educational Test of the S.S.L.C. Std. The classes of persons mentioned in column (2) of Table below are eligible to apply for admission to the TNPSC Departmental Examination for the purpose specified in the corresponding entry in column (3) subject to production of the certificate obtained from the authorities mentioned in column (4) thereof :
|Sl. No||Classes of Person||Purpose||Competent authority to issue the certificate|
|1.||Typists and Steno Typists who possess the Minimum General Educational Qualification, employed in the Tamil Nadu Secretariat Service recruited on the results of the Competitive examination held on or after 1942.||To qualify for promotion as Assistant Section Officer in the Tamil Nadu Secretariat Service.||Certificate not necessary.|
|2.||Typist and Steno Typists who possess the Minimum General Educational Qualification, employed in the Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service and in the Tamil Nadu Judicial Ministerial Service and in the Tamil Nadu State Electricity Board recruited by the Commission on the results of the Competitive Examination held on or after 1942 and Typists in the Tamil Nadu State Electricity Board recruited after 1st July 1957.||To qualify for transfer to other posts or for promotion as Assistant in the Services to which they belong.||Certificate not necessary.|
|3.||Members, who do not posses the Minimum General Educational Qualification, employed in any of the Subordinate Services.||To qualify for promotion or for transfer to other posts, for which the service rules prescribe M.G.E.Q||Head of the Department concerned.|
|4.||Employees of Local Bodies, Corporations, Panchayats, Panchayat Unions, Municipalities and Town Panchayats.||To qualify for promotion or transfer to other posts for which Minimum General Educational Qualification is prescribed.||District Collector ( P.D. Unit ) or Commissioners / Divisional Development Officers concerned.|
|5.||Employees of Board High Schools and Higher Secondary Schools.||To qualify for promotion or transfer to other posts for which Minimum General Educational Qualification is prescribed.||Chief Educational Officer, District Educational Officer of the District concerned.|
|6.||Employees of Agricultural Marketing Committees.||To qualify for promotion or transfer to other posts for which Minimum General Educational Qualification is prescribed.||Secretary, Agricultural Marketing Committee.|
|7.||Executive Officers, who do not posses the M.G.E.Q., employed in Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Institutions.||Commissioner, Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Administration Department.|
|8.||Employees, who do not possess the M.G.E.Q., employed in the Tamil Nadu State Electricity Board.||Chief Engineer, Tamil Nadu Electricity Board.|
|9.||Employees, who do not possess the M.G.E.Q., employed in the National Cadet Corps Units.||Director, National Cadet Corps, Chennai.|
|10.||Employees, who do not posses the M.G.E.Q., employed in Local Library Authorities.||Chairman, Local Library Authority, Chennai.|
|11.||Typists and Steno Typists, who do not possess the M.G.E.Q., employed in the Tamil Nadu Khadi and Village Industries Board.||The Secretary, Tamil Nadu Khadi and Village Industries Board, Chennai.|
|12.||Employees of State owned Corporations.||Appointing authority concerned.|
1. The authority competent to issue the certificate in respect of persons employed in the Revenue Department, Commercial Taxes Department and Survey and Land Records Department shall be the Collector of the District, the Deputy Commissioner of Commercial Taxes concerned and the Deputy Director of Survey and Land Records, respectively.
2. The candidates who apply for General Educational Test ( SSLC Standard ) should furnish the particulars along with certificate of eligibility duly attested by their Head of the Department in the format furnished below and handover the same to the Invigilator on the last day of the TNPSC examination. Failure to do so will be liable for rejection of their TNPSC Departmental Exam May 2013 application.
8.(i). The Second Class Language Test ( Tamil ), is conducted for persons in Government Service and for persons aspiring for Government service, who have passed S.S.L.C. Public Examination, but have not studied Tamil as one of the Languages, or not studied the high school course in Tamil medium of instruction.
The candidates who have passed the Second Class Language Test should bring and submit a copy of SSLC Mark List / T.C during the Viva.
(ii). The Third Class Language Test ( VIVA VOCE ) in Tamil / Telugu is conducted only for Assistant Curators in the Government Museum and in Hindi / Kannada / Malayalam / Telugu / Urdu for Probationary Sub – Registrars and Probationary District Registrars in the Registration Department. Hence the above candidates are directed to inform the details of their employment in the applications.
(iii) The candidates, who are applying for the II and III class language test should send the downloaded copy of TNPSC applications with Identification Certificate immediately after uploading without fail to the Commission’s office. ( Test Codes. 001 & 209, 210, 211, 212, 213, 214 & 215 ).
The candidates who satisfy the above conditions alone need apply for these tests and those who are not covered under the above categories are not eligible to apply for the test. The TNPSC Departmental Exam 2013 Applications if any, received from candidates other than that of the two categories mentioned above will be rejected summarily / or made ineligible for the said tests, as the case may be.
9. The candidates who are applying for Subordinate Account Service Part II(a), II(b) and II(c) are eligible only after passing SAS-Part I(a) and I(b). They should register the particulars regarding their status of the result. Failure to do so the TNPSC Departmental Exam May 2013 application will be summarily rejected. ( Test Codes.No.131, 148, 85, 115 & 164 ).
10. A candidate submitting an application to the TNPSC Departmental Examinations will abide by all the rules in force.
11. (a) Differently Abled candidates should indicate specifically the nature of disability and the need for scribe to assist.
(i) Differently Abled candidate will be seated in the Ground Floor in a separate room under the direct supervision of the Chief Invigilator. They will be allowed an hour extra time for writing the TNPSC Departmental examination.
(ii) The Chief Invigilator have to arrange for the scribes and the scribes will be paid remuneration by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.
(iii) Before the closure of the examination, the scribe will read what he has written in the answer book so as to ensure the correctness of the dictation.
A declaration to this effect should be given by such candidates with thumb impression / signature.
The applicant who fails to comply with the instructions 10 (a) above will not be considered as a Physically Handicapped candidate.
(b) Candidates who are unable to make use of their own hands due to any infirmity to hold the answer book or turn the pages for answering the questions are allowed the assistance of a mazdoor subject to the following conditions :
(i) The candidate has to engage an uneducated mazdoor to hold the book and turn the pages at his own cost.
12. Any candidate who does not behave properly towards the Chief Invigilator / Invigilators of the Examination Halls / any other inspecting authority or any candidate resorting to malpractice of any kind will have his / her answer book invalidated. He / She is also liable to be debarred from appearing again for any of the TNPSC examinations either permanently or for such term of years as the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission may decide as fit. The same penalty will be imposed on any candidate who personally or by letter attempts to canvas or bring influence to bear on an examiner or Member of the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission or its staff, in connection with the TNPSC Departmental examination or on whose behalf such attempt is made by any relative, friend, patron / official or other persons.
The above penalty will be imposed also in case where candidates make an appeal in their answer papers invoking sympathy of examiners in connection with their result.
13. Any communication intended for the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission must be made in writing with the particulars of TNPSC Application Number assigned to him, the centre chosen by him / her and the name of the test for which he / she has applied and the Register Number, if any assigned to him / her and addressed only to the Secretary. If a reply is sought, a self – addressed and sufficiently stamped envelope should be sent so as to comply with his / her request.
14. The results of TNPSC Departmental Examinations ( i.e. ) detailed list containing the Register Numbers, Name, Address of the successful candidates, will be published in the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Bulletin, dated 7th August 2013 and 16th August 2013.
The copies of the TNPSC Bulletin can be obtained from the Director of Stationery and Printing, Publication Depot, Anna Salai, Chennai – 600 002, on payment.
The copies of TNPSC Bulletin will not be supplied from the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission’s Office.
The results can also be accessed at the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission’s website, which is updated periodically.