Odisha Power Transmission Corporation Limited
Recruitment for the post of Junior Maintenance & Operator Trainee is open at Odisha Power Transmission Corporation Limited.
1. Vacancy of OPTCL Recruitment 2017
The details of post / category wise vacancies are as under :
|Name of the Post||SC||ST||SEBC||UR||Total|
|Junior Maintenance & Operator Trainee (JMOT)||24 (W-8)||33 (W-11)||16 (W-5)||77 (W-26)||150|
Vacancies 4 (Four) vacancies are reserved for Persons with Disability (PWD) candidates, 4 (Four) for Ex-Serviceman & 1 (one) for Sports Persons. The number of vacancies in any discipline may increase or decrease by the Corporation without any notice. (SC-Scheduled Caste, ST-Scheduled Tribe, SEBC-Socially and Educationally Backward Classes, UR-Unreserved, W: Women, PWD: Persons with Disability)
Type of disability
- The candidates belonging to PWD category shall be adjusted against the category which she / he belong.
- The physical requirement and functional classification of PWD suitable for the job is as follows :
Physical Requirement : ST, W, SE, BN, PP Functional classification : HI (with suitable aid)
|ST||Work performed by standing|
|W||Work performed by walking|
|SE||Work performed by seeing|
|BN||Work performed by bending|
|PP||Work performed by pulling & pushing|
The PWD certificate is subject to verification of the candidate by the prescribed medical board.
Selected candidates have to undergo training for a period of 1 (one) year at field units of OPTCL including Induction training program at Power Training Centre Chandaka. The training will be for 1 (one) year duration, unless and otherwise extended further. During the training period, the trainees may be terminated without any notice or without assigning any reasons thereof. After successful completion of training, there shall be no obligation on the part of the Corporation to offer regular appointment.
The JMOT shall be paid a consolidated stipend of 7,000/- per month during the period of training. The training will be for a period of 1 (one) year unless and otherwise extended further. On successful completion of the training, the candidates will be appointed as Junior Technician (Electrical) in Semi-Skilled-A category on probation for 1 (one) year in the Scale of Pay of 5200- 20,200/- plus Grade Pay 2130/- . Besides the Basic Pay & Grade Pay, DA, HRA and other allowances and benefits such as monthly conveyance reimbursement, medical facilities, various insurance coverage etc shall be paid as per rules of the Corporation in force from time to time.
2. Eligibility for the Odisha Power Transmission Corporate Limited Recruitment 2017
a. Essential Qualification for OPTCL Recruitment Online Exam
|Name of the Post||Essential Qualification|
|Junior Maintenance & Operator Trainee (JMOT)||HSC pass from recognized Board or equivalent and National Trade Certificate in Electrician Trade from Institution recognized by SCTE&VT/ NCVT with minimum 60% marks for General & SEBC candidates and 50% for SC/ST/PWD candidates.|
b. Age Limit for OPTCL Recruitment 2017
- Candidate must not be under 20 (twenty years of age and must not be above 32 (thirty two) years as on 1st January, 2017 i.e. she/he must not have been born earlier than 1st January, 1985, and not later than 1st January, 1997.
- The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 (five) years in case of SC, ST and SEBC candidates.
- The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 (five) years in case of Woman candidates.
- The upper age limit is relaxable by 10 (ten) years in case of PWD Candidates.
- Every Ex-serviceman who has put in not less than six months continuous service in Armed Forces of the Union shall be allowed to deduct the period of such service from his actual age and if the resultant age does not exceed the maximum age limit shall be deemed to satisfy the conditions regarding age limits.
- Provided that a person who comes under more than one category mentioned above, shall be eligible for only one benefit of upper age relaxation, which shall be considered most beneficial to her/him.
- The date of birth entered in the High School Certificate Examination or equivalent Certificate issued by the concerned Board/Council will only be accepted.
c. Reservation for OPTCL Recruitment 2017
- Reservation of posts including reservation for Women will be as per the ORV and other applicable Acts and Rules of Government of Odisha.
- PWD candidates, whose disability is not less than 40% (forty percent), are required to attach Disability Certificate indicating percentage of disability & type of disability issued by the concerned Medical Board for consideration as per Rules.
- Ex-Servicemen are required to attach copy of Discharge Certificate issued by the Competent Authority.
- Sports Persons are required to attach copy of Identity Card issued by the Director of Sports, Odisha.
- Concession meant for SC, ST and SEBC by birth are admissible to the Scheduled Castes, Schedules Tribes and Socially and Educationally Backward Classes of Odisha State only.
- The Competent Authorities to issue the caste certificate are : District Magistrate / Collector or Additional District Magistrate or Sub-Divisional Magistrate / Sub-Collectors or Executive Magistrates or Revenue Officers, not below the rank of Tahasildar / Additional Tahasildar of Government of Odisha.
- Candidates belonging to PWD, Ex-serviceman and Sports Person shall be adjusted against the categories to which they belong.
- In the event of non-availability or insufficient number of eligible / suitable women candidates belonging to any particular category, the vacancies or the remaining vacancies shall be filled up by male candidates of the same category.
- Exchange of reservation between Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe will not be considered.
- Candidates belonging to SEBC category shall submit their SEBC certificate validated/renewed by the Competent Authority on or after 01st January 2014, failing which they shall be treated as unreserved category candidates.
- Women candidates belonging to SC/ST/SEBC are required to submit Caste Certificate by birth showing “daughter of……..”. Caste Certificate obtained by virtue of marriage (i.e. showing “wife of…”) is not acceptable.
- OBC Certificates will not be accepted in lieu of SEBC Certificates.
- Community (Caste status) once mentioned by the candidates shall not be changed under any circumstances.
Departmental candidates (OPTCL regular employees only) fulfilling the eligibility criteria may apply against through proper channel to DGM-HRD (Recruitment), Hqrs Office, OPTCL so as to reach within the stipulated time period. They shall also submit the online application form. There shall be no age bar for them and they are exempted from payment of application fees. Note: The children of the employee and the candidates engaged through outsourced agency will not to be considered as Departmental candidates.
e. Provisions for outsourced candidates
- The persons provided by the man power service providers / outsourcing agencies, for similar nature of jobs in OPTCL, who shall be less than 45 years of age and shall have completed at least 1 (One) year of continuous service as on 1st January, 2017, in case they apply, shall be allowed relaxation of upper age limit for entry, provided they satisfy all other eligibility criteria for the post as laid down in the relevant recruitment rules.
- They shall be allowed one percent extra marks on the total marks of the CBT for each completed year of continuous service subject to a maximum of fifteen percent, which shall be added to the marks secured by them in CBT.
f. Other Eligibility Conditions for OPTCL Recruitment 2017
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- She/he must be able to read, write and speak Odia fluently; and must have;
- Passed Middle School examination with Odia language subject; or
- Passed Matriculation or examination with Odia as medium of examination in non language subject ; or
- Passed in Odia as language subject in the final examination of class VII from a school or educational institution recognized by the Government of Odisha or the Central Government.
- Passed a test in Odia in Middle English School Standard conducted by the School and Mass Education Department.
- A candidate who has more than one spouse living will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his / her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons.
- The candidates must have a good character.
- Candidates, who full fill the prescribed eligibility criteria, may apply for the post.
3. How to Apply for Odisha Power Transmission Corporate Limited Recruitment Exam 2017
- Before filling up Online Application, candidates are advised to go through carefully and understand the contents of the Advertisement, Instructions to fill up Online Application and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) documents available on the OPTCL website www.optcl.co.in.
- On successful registration of the online application form, a unique Registration Number will be displayed on the screen as well as top of the application form and a message will be send to your registered mobile number. Candidates are required to retain the unique Registration Number and use it for future correspondence.
4. Application Fee and Mode of Payment for OPCTL Online Recruitment Exam 2017
|Unreserved / SEBC Category||SC/ST/PWD|
- UR and SEBC candidates are required to pay a non-refundable fee of 500/- (Rupees Five Hundred) only and Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST) of Odisha only, PWD candidates are required to pay a non-refundable fee of 250/- (Rupees Two Hundred Fifty) only. OPTCL departmental candidates are exempted from payment of this fee.
- Candidates shall be required to make the payment of fee while filling up online application either in on-line mode or in off-line mode i.e. through ICICI Bank Challan.
- For On-line payment mode (Through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking): In case of On-line payment mode, an applicant will be redirected to payment gateway page under Tech Process. After completing the On-line payment, she/he shall take hard copy of the application form along with Fee Receipt. She / He will retain the hard copy and proof of payment for future reference/record which shall be required at the time of verification of original certificates/testimonials as and when necessary. The candidate shall bear the online transaction charges extra as applicable.
- For Offline payment mode by ICICI Bank Challan: The applicant shall print the challan format in on-line application and submit the challan in any ICICI Bank. She/he shall keep the OPTCL copy of challan for her/his reference / record which shall be required at the time of verification of original certificates/testimonials as and when necessary. However, the applicant shall login to revisit the site after 24 hours of making the challan payment and take print out of the online application.
- Application fee once paid shall not be refunded in any case.
- The candidate has to retain the print out / hard copy of the online application for future reference
5. Centre of Examination for Odisha Power Transmission Corporate Limited Online Recruitment Exam 2017
- The Computer Based Test (CBT) will be held at Angul, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Berhampur, Rourkela, Balasore, Sambalpur, Jeypore etc. depending on the number of candidates from the respective zone. The candidates are to mention their choice of Examination Zone at appropriate place in the Online Application Form.
- The number of Examination Centre will be decided as per the availability of the candidates in a particular zone.
- The request for change of centre shall NOT be entertained. Allotment of the Test Centre is at the discretion of the Corporation.
6. Important Dates for Odisha Power Transmission Corporate Limited Online Recruitment Exam 2017
|Sl No||Description||Date & Time|
|1.||Opening Date of OPTCL online submission of Applications||25th March, 2017, 11 AM|
|2.||OPTCL Start date of depositing Fee through ICICI Challan||27th March, 2017|
|3.||Closing Date of OPTCL online submission of applications||24th April, 2017, 7 PM|
|4.||OPTCL Exam Last date of remittance of applications process charges/Fee in Bank through Challan (for already registered candidates only)||24th April, 2017|
|5.||OPTCL Recruitment Exam Online Test||To be notified subsequently|
- All the important notification & updates regarding this recruitment shall be hosted in the OPTCL website in the Recruitment Section and accordingly all applicants are advised to visit the site regularly.
- In order to avoid last minute rush, the candidates are advised to apply early enough. OPTCL will not be responsible for network problems or any other problem in submission of online Application.
7. Selection Procedure for OPTCL Recruitment for Junior Maintanance & Operator Trainee
The selection process involves Computer Based Test (CBT), Skill Test and Career Marking
- Eligible candidates will be called for Computer Based Test, comprising 200 number of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), out of which Subject knowledge (60%), Numerical / logical reasoning (15%), General knowledge (15%) & English (10%). The CBT will be of Three (3) hours duration.
- There shall be no negative marking.
- Candidates who qualify in CBT and shortlisted shall be called for Skill Test in 1:3 ratio in each category.
- Since the job involves climbing of Towers / Structures, manual closing / opening of isolators and other Electrical Operation & Maintenance related activities, Skill Test shall be conducted on the above activities.
- The skill test will only be of qualifying nature.
- The qualified candidates in the Skill Test shall be called for document verification for career marking.
- The merit list of the qualified candidates will be drawn purely on the basis of Performance in the CBT and Career Marking.
- The offer of appointment shall be issued to the selected candidates on the basis of merit. However the final appointment of selected candidates will be subject to their medical fitness as per the prescribed standard.
- On selection, candidates will be posted at any of the existing / future offices of OPTCL throughout Odisha.
8.Minimum Qualifying Marks for the OPTCL Online Exam 2017
|Test||Unreserved / SEBC Category||SC/ST/PWD|
|Skill Test||Qualifying in nature|
|Career Marking||For ITI Qualification: 60% & For HSC: 40%|