Meghalaya Police Recruitment 2012
1. Applications are invited from eligible candidates who are Indian citizens and who are domiciled in the State of Meghalaya to fill up the under mentioned 3 categories of vacancies in the Meghalaya Police.
Meghalaya Police Recruitment 2012 Application forms will be available with effect from 15th October 2012 onwards, through offices of all District Superintendents of Police and Commandants of MLP Battalions and Principal, PTS Mawroh Shillong on payment of 50/- ( Rupees Fifty Only ).
2. Meghalaya Police Recruitments shall be carried out to fill up the following posts carrying scales of pay as indicated against each :
Category 1 Posts ( Meghalaya Police UB Group Constables ) :
Meghalaya Police UB Group Constable Pay Scale 2012 :
8300 – 210 – 9770 – EB – 270 – 12200 – 370 – 16270/- plus other allowances as admissible under the Rules from time to time.
|Sl. No||Name of the Post||No.of Vacancies in Meghalaya Police|
|1.||Unarmed Branch Constables||598 ( five hundred ninety eight )|
|2.||Firemen||15 ( fifteen )|
|3.||Driver Firemen||3 ( three )|
|4.||MPRO Operator Constables||60 ( sixty )|
|5.||Signals Operators of IRBN||63 ( sixty three )|
Category 2 Posts ( Meghalaya Police AB Group Constables ) :
Meghalaya Police AB Group Constables Pay Scale 2012 :
Matriculates : 8300 – 210 – 9770 – EB – 270 – 12200 – 370 – 16270/-.
Non matriculates : Class IX Passed – 7700 – 190 – 9030 – EB – 250 – 11280 – 340 – 15020/- plus other allowances as admissible under the Rules from time to time.
|Sl. No||Name of the Post||No.of Vacancies in Meghalaya Police 2012|
|1.||Armed Branch Constables||258 ( two hundred fifty eight )|
|2.||State Battalion Constables||170 ( one hundred seventy )|
|3.||IRBN Constables||170 ( one hundred seventy )|
|4.||Handyman Constables||8 ( eight )|
|5.||Rider Constables||2 ( two )|
|6.||MPRO ( General Duty ) Constables||5 ( five )|
|7.||Mechanics||1 ( one )|
|8.||Driver Constables||59 ( fifty nine )|
Category 3 Posts ( Meghalaya Police Follower Group Constables ) :
Meghalaya Police Followers Group Constable Pay Scale 2012 : 6500 – 160 – 7620 – EB – 210 – 9510 – 290 – 12700/- plus other allowances as admissible under the Rules from time to time.
|Sl. No||Name of the Post||No.of Vacancies in Meghalaya Police 2012|
|1||Followers of DEF / State Battalions including IRBN||56 ( fifty six )|
However exact number of vacancies in Meghalaya Police may vary from the above.
3. Candidates can Apply only for one category of Posts I.E. UB Group or AB Group or Follower Group as Indicated in the Meghalaya Police Constable Recruitment Application Form 2012.
4. The Last Date for Receipt of Meghalaya Police Constable Vacancy Application is 15th November, 2012.
Meghalaya Police UB / AB Group Constable Recruitment 2012 Applications Received After the last date will not be entertained. Only one application per candidate will be allowed. Incomplete and / or Defective Meghalaya Police Constable Vacancy Applications will be rejected summarily.
5. On the spot temporary admit cards with bar codes and names of candidates and post applied for and dates and venue of Meghalaya Police Constable recruitment will be given to the applying candidates.
Meghalaya Police Constable Recruitment shall take place only at 2nd Battalion, MLP Goeragre and at 1st Battalion, MLP Mawiong for which candidates will have to indicate their choice at the time of applying. Dates and venue for Meghalaya Police Personal Interviews will be indicated later.
6. Eligibility for Constable Recruitment in Meghalaya Police 2012 :
The following shall be the eligibility criteria for recruitment to various posts in Meghalaya Police :
1. Only Indian Citizens domiciled in Meghalaya are eligible to apply.
2. Candidates should be able to speak read and write at least one of the regional languages of the State.
3. Other Meghalaya Police Constable Job Qualifications are as follows :
|Rank||Age Limit for Meghalaya Police Recruitment 2012||Educational Qualification for Meghalaya Police Jobs 2012||Physical Measurements for Meghalaya Police Constable Vacancy 2012|
|Unarmed Branch Constable / Fireman / Driver FM / MPRO Operator / IRBN Signal Operators / Mechanics||18 to 21 years||10, +2 ( Passed ) ( Twelve )||Height :
1. Male ( ST including Other tribes of Meghalaya ) : 157 Cm.
2. Male ( Others ) : 162 Cm.
3. Female ( ST including Other tribes of Meghalaya ) : 152 Cm.
4. Female ( Others ) : 157 Cm.
Note : There shall be no measurement of weight and chest.
|Armed Branch Constable / Driver Constables, Handymen, Battalion Constables including IRBN Constables.||18 to 21 years.||Class IX ( passed ) ( Nine ).|
|Followers||18 to 27 years.||Class V ( passed ) ( Five ).|
There will be a relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit for candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes / Scheduled Castes.
The Scheme of Meghalaya Police Constable Recruitment Tests 2012 :
Meghalaya Police UB Group Constable Recruitment Test 2012 :
UB Category for Meghalaya Police Constable recruitment to the posts of UB Constables, Firemen, Driver Firemen, Mechanics, IRBN Signal Operators and MPRO Operators :
|Sl. No||Scheme of Meghalaya Police UB Group Constable Exams||Marks|
|1.||Meghalaya Police Physical Efficiency Tests||100 Marks|
|2.||Meghalaya Police Written Examination||300 Marks|
|3.||Meghalaya Police Interview||50 Marks|
Meghalaya Police AB Group Constable Recruitment Test 2012 :
AB Category for Meghalaya Police Constable recruitment to the Posts of AB Constables, Battalion Constables, Handyman Constables, Driver Constables, Mechanics and MPRO General Duty constables :
|Sl. No||Scheme of Meghalaya Police AB Group Constable Exam||Marks|
|1.||Physical Efficiency Tests for Meghalaya Police 2012||200 Marks|
|2.||Written Examination for Meghalaya Police 2012||200 Marks|
|3||Interview for Meghalaya Police 2012||50 Marks|
8. Meghalaya Police Physical Measurement Tests ( PMT ) for Constables 2012 :
Candidates should bring the temporary admit cards to appear for the PMT. Candidates who do not meet the standards of minimum Height requirement as prescribed will be rejected and further test events of such rejected candidates will not be conducted.
9. Registration and Authentication of Candidates :
After the Meghalaya Police Physical Measurement Test, the candidates with temporary admit cards will be required to register themselves at the PET registration counters at the venue of Meghalaya Police recruitment for biometric data such as candidate’s finger prints in respect of each candidate which will be captured by the bio – metric application software.
The candidate’s biometric profile will be verified before the Meghalaya Police Physical Efficiency Test. Only candidates successfully verified will be allowed for Meghalaya Police Physical Efficiency Test ( Race ) for Constables.
10. 10 km race for male and 5.5 km race for female candidates and Timing Equipment 2012 :
Each Candidate will be issued with a lockable Radio Frequency Identification ( RFID ) tag, to be tied to His / her leg. The automated timing equipment based on RFID technology will be geared to record start time, finish time and net time of all runners individually.
Those who do not finish the race within the minimum prescribed time will be issued a rejection letter and they are not allowed to participate in other subsequent recruitment events. 10 KM race for male candidates will have to be completed within 60 minutes and 5.5 KM race for female candidates will have to be completed within 40 minutes. This is applicable to all AB, UB and Follower Group Constable Recruitment in Meghalaya Police 2012.
Candidates who are not physically fit should not attempt this race. Candidates are advised to consult a physician about their state of health before preparing themselves to participate in the running test. The Central Recruitment Board will not be responsible for any injury sustained by a candidate during the 10 KM or 5.5 KM race.
11. Conduct of Meghalaya Police Constable Written Examination 2012 :
Before Meghalaya Police Constable written tests, candidates who qualified in the PET will be given a Final Admit Card and also uploaded to Meghalaya Police website for downloading.
Only those candidates who qualify in the Meghalaya Police Physical Efficiency Tests will be allowed to appear at the Meghalaya Police Constable Written Examination which will be conducted at the time, venue and date to be notified by the Central Recruitment Board. The dates and venues shall be published in Newspapers and on the departmental website.
The Meghalaya Police Constable Recruitment written examination for the UB posts shall comprise of 3 papers comprising of :
(i) English Grammar and usage,
(ii) Arithmetic / Elementary Science and
(iii) General Knowledge.
Each paper shall carry 100 marks and the maximum marks for all the written papers together shall be 300 marks. All Meghalaya Police UB Group Constable Exam question papers will be set on multiple choice basis and OMR pattern.
The Meghalaya Police Constable written examination for AB Constables and other AB posts shall consist of one paper only, comprising of elementary and basic knowledge of English, Basic Arithmetic and Basic General Awareness.
Meghalaya Police AB Group Constable Question paper will be on multiple choice / OMR based basis and will carry a maximum of 200 marks.
There shall be no Meghalaya Police written test for Followers. For Followers, a trade test of 50 marks will be conducted by Meghalaya Police.
12. Meghalaya Police Medical Test for Constable Recruitment 2012 :
Meghalaya Police Medical Tests will be conducted only in respect of Candidates who have qualified in the Meghalaya Police Constable Written Test. No fees will be paid by any candidate for Medical Examination.
13. Test for Meghalaya Police Specialized Jobs 2012 :
The Central Recruitment Board wild conduct specific trade tests of qualifying nature for the selection of drivers, mechanics, handymen etc. Only those candidates who have come within the qualifying zone as per the merit list will be subjected to these tests.
14. Bonus Marks for Meghalaya Police Constable Recruitment 2012 :
The following categories of candidates shall be awarded 5 bonus marks which will be added to their total score :
(i) Home Guards Volunteers
(ii) Holders of a ‘B’ ‘C’ certificate of National Cadet Corps
(iii) Children of Non – Gazetted police personnel of Meghalaya Police.
(iv) Sports persons who have represented the State at the national level. All claims for bonus marks should be indicated in the Meghalaya Police Constable Vacancy application form and supported with copies of documents in support of such claims. Original certificates from the competent authority shall be produced by the candidates claiming bonus marks, to verify the eligibility of candidates to these claims.
15. Canvassing directly or indirectly will disqualify a candidate and any candidate found offering bribe to anyone involved in the Meghalaya Police Constable recruitment process or in a position of authority shall be disqualified and / or be prosecuted.
16. Members of the public and candidates can address their grievances and pass confidential information regarding any irregularity or corrupt practice by any police personnel or touts by email to email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
17. The entire Meghalaya Police Constable recruitment process will be conducted as per the new policy of Transparency in Recruitment Process ( TRP ). The marks obtained by candidates in each event will be communicated to him / her on the spot and the daily results will also be published on the Departmental website. Candidates are also advised to refer to the Recruitment Policy Document on the Police Departmental website.