Eligibility Conditions for ITB Police Recruitment 2012
4. (I) Age Eligibility for ITBP Sub Inspector 2012 : Between 20 to 25 years ( Cut off date for determining the age will be 29.02.2012 ).
- Upper age limit is relaxable for SC / ST by 5 years and for OBC by 3 years.
- The upper age limit shall be relaxed by the length of military service increased by 3 years in case of Ex – servicemen.
- Upper age limit is relaxable up to 5 years in case of Government servant with the instructions or orders issued by the Central Government.
- Upper age limit is relaxable upto 5 years in case of the children and dependent family members of those killed in 1984 riots and riots of 2002 in Gujarat. SC / ST / OBC relaxation as per Govt. instructions will be in addition. Children and dependent family members should produce a Certificate to that effect from the Collector of the concerned District where the victim was killed.
- Upper age limit is relaxable upto 5 years in case of all persons who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st day of January 1980 to the 31st day of December 1989.
(II) Educational and Professional Qualifications for Indo Tibetan Border Police SI Vacancies 2012 : Matriculation or equivalent with a Diploma in Civil Engineering from an Institute recognized by the Central Government.
5. ITBP Sub Inspector Physical Standards 2012 :
|Description||Height||Chest ( minimum 5 Cm expansion )||Weight|
|Minimum height for all candidates belonging to the Scheduled Tribes.||162.5 cms||77 cms||82 cms||Proportionate to height and age as per medical standards.|
|Minimum height for candidates falling in the categories of Garhwalis, Kumaonis, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas and Candidates belonging to the States of Sikkim, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Assam, Himanchal Pradesh, Kashmir and Leh & Ladakh regions of Jammu and Kashmir.||165 cms||80 cms||85 cms|
|All other States and Union Territories||170 cms||80 cms||85 cms|
Note : Candidate who intends to avail relaxation in Height / Chest measurement will have to submit certificate.
6. ITB Police SI Medical Standards 2012 :
- Minimum distant vision should be 6 / 6 and 6 / 9 of both eyes without correction ( i.e. without wearing glasses ).
- Must pass high grade colour vision test.
- Must not have knock – knee, flat foot, varicose veins or squint in eyes.
- Must not have any defect / deformity likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties.