CISF Assistant Sub Inspector Recruitment Selection Procedure 2013
Sequence of Recruitment for the post of ASI / Fitter / Motor Mechanic / Auto Electrician
Physical Efficiency Test :
- The Physical Efficiency Test ( PET ) will consist of 1.6 Kms.
- Run to be completed within 6.5 minutes.
- The PET will be qualifying in nature and no marks will be awarded for PET.
- Those who fail in PET will be eliminated and will not be allowed to appear in further test.
Physical Standard :
Physical Standards laid down for Direct candidates which are as under :
i) Height : General candidates 170 Cms.
Candidates belonging to Hill areas of the Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Sikkimies, Leh and Ladhakh, Kashmir Valley and North Eastern States 165 Cms.
( Subject to production of certificate as per Appendix – I Tribals / Adivasis including Mizos and Nagas 162.5 Cms.
ii) Chest : General Candidates 81 – 86 Cms.
Tribals / Adivasis including Mizos and Nagas 77-82 Cms.
iii) Weight : Corresponding to height and age as per medical standard.
iv) Eye Sight :
Distant Vision Better eye corrected Vision 6 / 6 OR 6 / 9
Near Vision Worse eye corrected Vision 6 / 12 OR 6 / 9 J.I J.II
(a) The minimum distant vision should be 6/6 and 6/9 of two eyes without correction i.e., without wearing of glasses.
(b) Candidates for appointment are required in pass colour vision test.
v) Medical Standard :
The candidates must not have knock-knees, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes and any other obvious deformities. They must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of the duties.
Written Examination :
The written examination shall consist of only one objective type paper containing 100 questions and carrying 100 marks with following composition.
|Subject||Duration / Time Allowed|
|Part A||General Intelligence and Reasoning||Two Hours|
|Part – B||General Knowledge and General Awareness|
|Part – C||Elementary Mathematics|
|Part – D||English / Hindi|
|All questions will be Objective Multiple Choice Types. Questions will be set bilingually in Hindi and English to Part – A, B and C. Candidates are required to attempt either Hindi or English section of Part – D of the question paper|
- Category : Qualifying marks in Written Examination
- General : 35%
- SC / ST / OBC : 33%
7. a) Documentation :
The eligibility criteria i.e. Age, Height, Chest, Educational Qualification, Diploma / Technical Qualification Certificate, experience Certificate etc., for the respective posts will be verified by the Recruitment Board from the original certificates produced by the candidates in accordance with the standards prescribed in the advertisement. Those who do not confirm to the eligibility criterion as advertised will not be considered
b) Skill Test :
After qualify in written examination Chairman of Recruitment Board will carry out skill Test of qualified candidates to assess the suitability through the Skill Test as prescribed for each post as under :
ASI ( Fitter )
i) General Knowledge / test of Fitter work etc.
ii) Welding, cutting, repair and maintenance work of fire vehicle etc.
ASI ( Motor Mechanic )
i) General Knowledge / test of Motor vehicle etc.
ii) Vehicle maintenance, repair and servicing test / knowledge etc.
ASI ( Auto Electrician )
i) General Knowledge test of Electrical work etc.
ii) Repair and maintenance work of electrical equipments run on Alternative Current ( AC ) / Direct Current ( DC ) and vehicles.
c) Medical Examination :
After preparation of merit list, the candidates selected in order of merit ( equal to the allotted number of category wise vacancies) will be put through a detailed medical examination to assess their fitness.
d) Final Selection :
Final selection of candidates will be made according to availability of vacancies and subject to their declaring “FIT” in the medical examination.
e) Appeal Against Medical Unfitness :
In all cases a candidate, who has been declared UNFIT for appointment in CISF in the Medical Examination will be communicated the grounds for rejection in broad terms by the Examining Medical Officer. The candidate, if not satisfied with the findings of the Medical Examination, can submit an appeal within 15 days from the date on which the candidate has been declared unfit, with a proof of his fitness in the prescribed form as per Appendix – ‘H’ The Medical certificate will not be taken into consideration unless it contains a note by the medical practitioner concerned to the effect that it has been given in full knowledge of the fact that the candidate has already been declared unfit for appointment by a Medical Officer. The appeal will also not be taken into consideration unless it contains Review Medical Examination Fee of 25/- ( Rupees twenty five only ) through Demand Draft. ( The details of authority to whom the appeal should be submitted and DDO concerned and payable branch
etc will be mentioned in the rejection slip itself to be issued by the Examining Medical Officer / Chairman of the Recruitment Board ).
Application form for CSIF Recruitment 2013 :
CISF Assistant Sub Inspector Recruitment Application on the proforma as per Appendix – ‘A’ should be sent to any of the authorities prescribed below along with requisite application fees of 50/- (Rupees fifty only) in the form of Postal Order drawn in favour of the officer mentioned under column 2 below and payable at the post office. SC / ST and Ex – Servicemen candidates are exempted from CISF Assistant Sub Inspector Recruitment application fee.
|Name of the Officer to whom application should be sent||Postal Order on account of application fee required to be drawn in favour of||Name of the post office where postal order will be payable|
|Dy. Inspector General, CISF Unit, BSL, Bokaro, Bokaro Steel City, District -Bokaro, Pin -827001, Jharkhand||Assistant Commandant/DDO CISF Unit, BSL, Bokaro||GPO Bokaro|
|Dy. Inspector General, CISF Unit, BSP, Bhilai, Sector-3, PO-Sector 01, District -Durg, Pin -491001, Chattisgarh||Assistant Commandant/DDO CISF Unit, BSP, Bhilai||GPO Durg|
|Dy. Inspector General, CISF Unit, GBS, 16/11, Jamnagar House, New Delhi -110011||PAO CISF New Delhi||GPO New Delhi|
|Dy. Inspector General, CISF Unit, NLC, Neyveli, G-14, J.N.Salai, Block-16, Neyveli, District -Cuddalore, Pin -627801, Tamil Nadu||Assistant Commandant/DDO CISF Unit, NLC, Neyveli||GPO,Neyveli-1|
|Dy. Inspector General, CISF Unit, DSP, Durgapur, Post -Durgapur, District -Burdwan, Pin -713203||Assistant Commandant/DDO CISF Unit, DSP, Durgapur||GPO Durgapur|
Closing Date for CISF Vacancy 2013 :
CISF Recruitment 2013 Application should be sent so as to reach the concerned DIG of CISF as shown in the para – 8 above by 05.02.2013 and in case of residents of North East region by 12.02.2013. No CISF Assistant Sub Inspector Recruitment application will be entertained which is received after the due date.
Important Instructions for CISF Recruitment 2013 :
- 1. Only eligible candidates may apply for one post only in the prescribed proforma. Candidates should minutely go through all the provisions in the notification to ensure that he is eligible for the post for which he is applying in terms of requirement of Age, Educational qualification etc.
- Name & Father’s Name should be exactly as mentioned in the Matriculation certificate. In case of change the same must be supported by necessary documents otherwise the candidature will be rejected.
- The CISF Assistant Sub Inspector Recruitment application form must be filled by the candidate in his own handwriting Correction, if any, should be legible and attested by the candidate.
- CISF Assistant Sub Inspector Recruitment Application may be filled up either in English or Hindi only.
- CISF Assistant Sub Inspector Job Application form duly filled in the prescribed proforma as per Appendix – ‘A’ and affixed with recent passport size photograph duly self attested may be sent to concerned DIG as mentioned in para-5 above alongwith the following documents. One similar photograph will also be affixed on the Admit Card.
(a) A crossed non refundable Indian Postal Order for 50/- ( fifty only ) for General and OBC candidates on account of CISF Assistant Sub Inspector Recruitment application fee drawn in favour of the officers mentioned in Column. 2 the table given at Para 5 above and payable at the post office. No claim for refund of the CISF Assistant Sub Inspector Recruitment application fee will be entertained on the ground that the CISF Assistant Sub Inspector Vacancy application was rejected. Payment of application fee other than Postal Order will not be entertained and candidature will be rejected.
(b) No application fee is applicable for SC / ST candidates and Ex – Servicemen.
(c) Photostat copies of the Educational qualification certificate ( s ) in proof of age and educational qualification etc., issued by a recognized University / Board duly attested by a Gazetted Officer be enclosed.
(d) Photostat copies of SC / ST and OBC certificate on the proforma prescribed by the Central Government as per Appendix – ‘D’, ‘E’ of the Notification.
(e) Candidates falling in the category of Garhwalis, Kumaonese, Gorkhas, Dogras and Marathas shall enclose certified true copy of certificates issued by SDM / Tehsildar or equivalent authority authorized by Central Government for getting relaxation in height and chest as per Appendix – ‘I’ of the Notification.
(f) Candidates belonging to the States of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Himachal Pradesh, Manipur, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura, Kashmir, and Leh & Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir shall enclose either domicile certificate or certified true copy of certificates issued by SDM / Tehsildar or equivalent authority authorized by Central Government for getting relaxation in height and chest as per Appendix – ‘I’ of the Notification.
(g) A self addressed envelopes ( 8 x 19 Cms size ) duly affixing postal stamps for 22/- ( Rupees twenty two only ) thereon.
(h) Two additional self signed ( in the front ) passport size photographs are required to be attached duly clipped alongwith application form.
(i) Questionnaire as per Appendix – ‘B’ duly filled in and signed by the candidate.
(j) Admit Card as per Appendix – ‘C’ duly filled in and signed by the candidate.
(k) Departmental candidates may submit photo copy of service certificate from the Unit Commander.
(l) Photostat copy of Certificate from District Collector / District Magistrate in case of children and dependents of victims KILLED in the 1984 riots & communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat.
(m) Photostat copy of Domicile certificate for those who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of J & K from 01-01-1980 to 31-12-89 for age relaxation.
(l) Photostat copy of the experience certificate is required to be attached alongwith application form.
- Additional Documentation to be Produced by Ex -Servicemen :
a) Photostat copy of Discharge Certificate
b) Certificate for employed officials as per Appendix – “F’
c) Undertaking as per Appendix – “G”
- The envelop containing above documents should be super scribed “Application for the Post of ASI ( Fitter ) or ASI ( Motor Mechanic )or ASI ( Auto Electrician ) which ever is applicable.
- Candidates failing in any of the prescribed tests will be eliminated at that stage.
- During the process of recruitment candidates who are not satisfied with the decision of the Recruitment Board may prefer appeal in writing the same day to the Supervising DIG for the Recruitment Centre and the decision of the Supervising DIG will be final. No representation after completion of recruitment process shall be entertained.
- Selected candidates are required to undergo basic training in our RTC for which they will be informed separately through offer of appointment letter. They will be on probation for a period of two years which can be extended. During the period of probation if found unfit for any reason the services are liable to be terminated.
- CISF will not be responsible for postal delays.
- An application will be summarily rejected at any stage of the recruitment process for not confirming to the official Format / having incomplete information / wrong information / incomplete requisite certificates / misrepresentation of facts / left unsigned / submitted without fee where due / without an attested or self attested photograph pasted at the appropriate place.
- Application must be submitted in the prescribed format published with this advertisement as Appendix – ‘A’. The application Form may be typed out in double space or written in hand neatly but format should be the same as published. No application form will be supplied by this department.
- Persons employed in Government / semi Government / Public Sector Undertakings should apply through proper channel or enclose a “No objection certificate” from their employer. They have to give an Undertaking as per Appendix – ‘J’.
- Any certificate other than in Hindi or English should be enclosed with translation in Hindi or English duly attested, else will not be entertained.
- Any sort of canvassing or recommendation will debar the candidate from selection.
- Applications, which are not filled up as per instruction or partly filled up applications will not be entertained and no correspondence will be made. Applications may be rejected due to reasons such as :
(a) Incomplete or illegible and not submitted on prescribed format.
(b) Without postal order of 50/- ( Rupees fifty only ) except SC / ST candidates.
(c) Without self addressed envelope duly affixing postal stamps of 22/-
(d) Unsigned / Undated / without photograph(e) Not enclosing copies of all requisite certificates duly attested by Gazetted Officers.
(f) Under aged / Over aged candidates.
(g) Not possessing the requisite educational qualification at the time of submitting application.
(h) Applications not filled in English or Hindi or not filled by candidate in his own handwriting.
(i) Without proper certificate in respect of SC / ST / OBC candidates. Certificates should be obtained from competent authority in the prescribed format ( As prescribed in this notification ).
(j) Applications received after the closing date as mentioned in this notification.
(k) Any other irregularity like mutilated or damaged application / documents etc.
- Candidates should come duly prepared under their own arrangements at the Examination Centre. No TA will be admissible for the journey. Mobile Phone and Calculator are strictly prohibited at the Examination venue.
- In case a candidate is found unfit/ineligible for service on any ground after his selection / appointment his service will be terminated without assigning any reason.
- Any shortcoming, which could not be detected at the time of initial scrutiny of the documents and found / noticed at a later stage, shall render the candidate disqualified for the post and he will not be allowed to appear in subsequent events of the recruitment and no correspondence will be entertained in the subject.
- The Director General, CISF reserve the right to make changes or cancel or postpone the recruitment without assigning any reason.
- Mere qualifying all the prescribed tests for recruitment of ASI ( Fitter / Motor Mechanic / Auto Electrician ) does not confer the right of selection of the candidates but they should have to stand in merit keeping in view the available vacancies of that particular post.
- Success in various stages of recruitment confers no right to appointment unless the department is satisfied after medical examination and such enquiry as may be considered necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respect for appointment to the service / post.
- Candidates have to appear in all the stages of recruitment for which they have qualified. If a candidate is absent from any stage / event for which he has qualified, his candidature will be cancelled.
- CISF strives to recruit fit committed, sincere and best candidates with transparency and impartiality. Hence candidates are advised to “Beware of Touts”.
- Candidates can view important information as well as check their candidature at http:www.cisf.gov.in