West Bengal Police
West Bengal Police Recruitment 2017 for Forest Guard
Araksha Bhaban (5th Floor), Sector– II Salt Lake City, Kolkatra – 700 091.
West Bengal Police Recruitment Board invites application for Recruitment to the post of Forest Guard Under Directorate of Forests, Government of West Bengal.
1. Name of the Post and Pay Scale :
Forest Guard under Directorate of Forests in the Pay Scale of 5,400 – 25,200/- (i.e. Pay Band-2) + Grade Pay 1,900/- . [N.B. Drawal of salary during the period of probation :- Only the entry point pay].
2. Reservation of WB Police Forest Guard Vacancies
|SI.No.||Category (Sub-Category)||No. of Vacancies|
|4||Scheduled Caste (Ex-serviceman)||03|
Total vacancies as stated above is purely provisional and subject to marginal changes. Conditions of recruitment will be guided by the provisions as per existing rules of the Government of the West Bengal.
These posts are open to both Male and Female candidates.
3. Eligibility for West Bengal Police Forest Guard Recruitment 2017
- Must be a Citizen of India.
- Age limit for Forest Guard : The candidates must not be less than 18 years and not more than 32 years as on 01st January, 2017. The Upper-age limit is relaxable in the case of candidates belonging to the categories of Schedule Castes, Schedule Tribes, Backward classes and Ex-servicemen as per existing orders/rules of Government of West Bengal.
- Date of Birth as recorded in Madhyamik or equivalent admit card / certificate will only be accepted as valid proof for verification of age.
- The benefit of reservation will be admissible to the SC / ST / OBC - A / OBC -B candidates of West Bengal only, if such reservation is advertised against any post for respective category.
- The Benefit of age relaxation for SC / ST / OBC - A / OBC - B candidates will be admissible to the SC / ST / OBC - A/ OBC - B candidates of West Bengal only, as per relevant rules and regulation.
- SC / ST / OBC - A / OBC - B candidates of other States will be treated as unreserved candidates.
- Any candidate belonging to Ex-serviceman, if shortlisted against vacancies for respective reserved sub-category or claims age relaxation have to furnish original certificate / testimonials issued by the Competent Authorities in support of his / her claim at the time of verification.
(c) West Bengal Police Recruitment Educational Qualification for Forest Guard : The candidate must have passed Madhyamik Examination or its equivalent from the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or any institution recognized by the State Governments or the Central Government.
Note : The above noted qualifications must be possessed by the candidate on or before the date of publication of the advertisement.
If it is found during verification of Testimonials at any stage that any candidate has acquired qualification as stated above at any date after the date of publication of this advertisement, his / her candidature will summarily be rejected.
(d) Minimum Physical Standard for West Bengal Police Recruitment Forest Guard Job
|SI.No.||Category||Class||Height (BareFoot) (in cm.)||Chest(in cm.)||Chest Expansion (in cm.)|
|1||Male||Candidates of all categories (except Gorkhas, Garwalies, Rajbanshis and Scheduled Tribes)||163||84 - 89||5|
|Gorkhas, Garwalies, Rajbanshis and Scheduled Tribes||152.5||79 - 84||5|
|2||Female||Candidates of all categories (except Gorkhas, Garwalies, Rajbanshis and Scheduled Tribes)||150||79 - 84||5|
|Gorkhas, Garwalies, Rajbanshis and Scheduled Tribes||145||74 - 79||5|
4. West Bengal Police Forest Guard Method of Recruitment 2017
(A) West Bengal Police Recruitment Competitive Written Examination :
Candidates provisionally considered eligible shall have to appear at qualifying Competitive Written Examination which will carry 90 marks having 90 questions of 1(one) mark each. The duration of the Written Examination will be 1 (one) hour.
Question in the Written Examination shall be in the following subjects :
- General Awareness and General Knowledge - 30 Marks (30 questions)
- English - 20 Marks (20 questions)
- Elementary Mathematics (Madhyamik standard) - 30 Marks (30 questions)
- Reasoning - 10 Marks (10 questions)
The candidates are expected to fill up the correct blank space against a question no. on the OMR Answer Sheet.
Note : There will be Negative marking for each wrong answer. ¼th of the allotted marks for a particular question will be deducted for each wrong answer. West Bengal Police Recruitment Board will decide the prescribed scheme and syllabus for the Written Examination. The Board will also have the discretion of fixing the qualifying marks in the Written Examination to appear for the next stage.
B) Physical Standard & Physical Efficiency Test :
A limited number of candidates on basis of the result of Competitive Written Examination will be called for physical standard followed by the Physical Efficiency Test.
(i) Physical Standard Test (PST) : - As mentioned under point no. 3(d).
The Height of the candidates will be measured by using Electronic Machines. Candidates who will qualify in PST will be allowed to take part in PET.
(ii) Physical Efficiency Test (PET) : -
- For Male : 25 (Twenty Five) kilometer walk within 4 (four) hours.
- For Female : 16 (Sixteen) kilometer walk within 4 (four) hours.
- Physical Efficiency Test is qualifying in nature. Hence no mark is allotted in this test.
- Timing of an individual walker shall be taken with the help of Radio Frequency Identification Device (RFID) technology. The venue for PST & PET will be decided by the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board, in due course.
(C) Personality Test : Full Marks - 10
The candidates who will qualify in the PST & PET will be called for Personality Test. In the Personality Test, the general awareness and suitability of the candidate for public service will be tested. The Personality Test will be conducted by the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board at the venue(s) to be decided later.
5. Procedure of Final Selection :
Candidates who will satisfy / qualify all the eligibility criteria will be considered for final selection on the aggregate marks obtain in the written examination and the personality test.
6. West Bengal Police Recruitment Medical Examination for Forest Guard
The candidates must have sound hearing faculty, eye sight and general fitness for undertaking arduous outdoor works in the Forest Directorate. In case of defective vision, it must be corrected to at least 6/9 in the better eye and 6/12 in the other eye but the candidate must not suffer from colour blindness or congenital or other diseases of the eye. The candidate recommended by the West Bengal Police Recruitment Board shall have to undergo medical checkup to be conducted by the Chief Medical Officer of Health or the Presidency Surgeon for ascertaining the physical fitness as mentioned above.
7. West Bengal Police Recruitment Application Fees & Processing Fees
WB Police Recruitment Application Fees and / or Processing Fees have been fixed by the Board.
|SI.No.||Category||Application Fee||Processing Fee||Total Amount Payable|
|1||All categories except Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe||200||20||220|
- Candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe shall pay processing fees of 20/- (Rupees Twenty) only as they are exempted from paying any application fees. However, shortlisted candidates are required to produce their SC / ST certificates issued by the competent authority at the time of verification.
- If any shortlisted candidate fails to submit the documents as stated above, his candidature shall be rejected summarily.
- No exemption of fees is available to the SC / ST candidates of other States.
- No claim for refund of the fee will be entertained nor will it be reserved for any other examination under any circumstances whatsoever.
- Applications not accompanied with the requisite application fees shall be rejected summarily.