Filling up of the post of Chief Instructor in National Fire Service College, Nagpur under the Ministry of Home Affairs on deputation basis.
The Ministry of Home Affairs requires the services of a suitable officer for filling up the post of Chief Instructor in National Fire Service College, Nagpur under the Ministry of Home Affairs on deputation (Including short-term contract) basis.
2. The post is General Central Service, Group B, Gazetted, Non-Ministerial at Pay Level 7 (Rs. 44900-142400). Pay of the officers selected would be fixed as per the existing instructions of the Government of India.
3. The grades from which deputation (Including short term contract) to the post of Chief Instructor is to be made is as under:-
A. Officers of the Central Government or State Government or Union Territories Administration or autonomous bodies or statutory organizations or public sector undertaking or University or recognised research Institution;
(a) (i) holding analogous post on regular basis in the parent cadre or department; or (ii) with five years' service in the grade rendered after appointment thereto on regular basis in level 6 (Rs. 35400- 112400) or equivalent, in the parent cadre or department; and
(b) Possessing the following educational and other qualifications:
(i) Bachelor degree in Science from a recognised University or Diploma in any branch of Engineering from a recognised institution and
(ii) Pass Sub-Officer's Course from the National Fire Service College, Nagpur and
(iii) five years' experience in teaching or training in firefighting in a rank not below the rank of Senior Instructor in a recognised Fire Service Organisation in the Central Government or State Government or Union Territories administration or Municipal Corporations or Industrial or Aviation or Port; and
(iv) should have minimum physical standard Height: Not less than 165 centimeters (relaxable by 5 centimeters for hill area candidates), chest: 81 centimeters normal, minimum expansion 5 centimeters. Weight: Not less than 50 Kilograms. Hearing': Normal, Speech: Normal.
1. Medical First Aid Responder or Urban Search and Rescue course from a recognised Institute.
2. Valid Heavy Vehicle Driving License.
B. The Departmental Senior Instructor in Level 6 (35400-112400) with five years regular service in the grade shall also be considered along with outsiders and in case he is selected for appointment to the post, the same shall be deemed to have been filled by promotion.
Note 1. The departmental officers in the feeder category who are in the direct line of promotion shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment on deputation (including short-term contract). Similarly, the deputationists shall not be eligible for consideration for appointment by promotion.
Note 2. The Period of deputation (including short-term contract) including the period of deputation in another ex-cadre post held immediately preceding this appointment in the same or some other organisation or department of the Central Government shall ordinarily not to exceed three years.
Note 3. The Maximum age-limit for appointment by deputation shall be not exceeding fifty-six years as on the closing date of receipt of applications.
4. Officers who volunteer and are sponsored by their Ministry/Department/State Govemments/UTs Administration etc. for the post will not be permitted to withdraw their names later.
5. The nominations of eligible officers along with their Application (in duplicate) duly countersigned by the competent authority in the prescribed proforma (Annexure-I) along with Annual Confidential Reports/APARs in original or their attested copies duly attested with rubber stamp on each page by an officer not below the rank of Under Secretary for the last five years of the Officer who could be spared immediately in the event of their selection may be sent to the Directorate General Fire Service, Civil Defence & Home Guards (Fire Cell), East Block-7, Level-VII, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110 066 within 60 days from the date of publication of this advertisement. While forwarding the names, an integrity certificate and a certificate that no disciplinary action/proceeding vigilance case is either pending or being contemplated against the Officer may also be attached.
6. Application received after the last date or application incomplete in any respect or those not accompanied by the document/information mentioned in para 5 above will not be considered. The cadre Authorities may ascertain that the particulars sent by the officer are correct as per the service record.
Director General, Fire Service, Civil Defence & Home Guards
Directorate General Fire Service, Civil Defence & Home Guards (Fire Cell), East Block-7, Level-VII, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110 066