Assam Police Border Organization Recruitment of Ex-Servicemen 2017
Assam Police Border Organization Recruitment inviting Applications in the Prescribed Form from the Ex-servicemen (Army / Navy / Air Force) of the State of Assam for recruitment under the PIF Scheme in different vacant situations under the Assam Police Border Organization. The Ex-servicemen who are desirous of appearing in the Selection Test are required to submit their applications in the Prescribed Form along with necessary documents to the Director General of Police (Border) Assam Police Border Organisation, Srimantapur, Guwahati-32 by Registered Post to reach on or before 20th June, 2017.
1. Total Nos. of Posts of Assam Police Border Organization to be filled up : 223
2. Details of the Recruitment of Ex-servicemen posts to be filed up
- Inspector : 01
- Sub-Inspector : 113
- Head Constable : 43
- Constable : 66
- Total : 223
3. Maximum Age Limit for the Assam Police Border Organzation Posts
- 50 years as on 01-01-2017 [ Bom on or after 01-01-1967 ]
4. Qualification for Assam Police Border Organization Job :
Civil Education (For all posts) : HSLC or equivalent.
Service Qualification for Ex-sevicemen Recruitment 2017
- For the posts of Constable & Head Constable : Those who retired in the ranks of Sepoy to Havilder in Army, or equivalent rank in Navy and Air Force.
- For the posts of Sub-Inspector and Inspector : Those who retired in the ranks of Naik Subedar or above in Army, or equivalent rank in Navy and Air Force.
N.B. : Persons who retired as Havilder or equivalent rank but put in service of 15 years or more will have the option to appear in the test for SI instead of Const / HC, but not in both.
5. Selection Criteria for the Assam Police Border Organization Recruitment 2017
Selection will be made on the basis of marks scored in the Written Test. Question papers for selection of Constable & Havilder will be different from that for Sub-Inspector & Inspectors.
Constable & Havilder :
Multiple Choice Type Questions : 50 Marks.
The posts of Head-Constable will be offered to those at the top of the merit list, and posts of constable to the rest in order of merit.
For Sub-Inspector & Inspectors :
Mix of short answer type and Multiple Choice Type Questions : 50 Marks.
The posts of Inspector will be offered to those at the top of the Merit List and posts of Sub-Inspector to the rest in order of merit.
6. Date / Time and Venue of Written Test Assam Police Border Organization Job
Will be announced in due course of time through Newspaper and the website “www.assampolice.gov.in” .
7. Physical & Medical Standards for Assam Police Border Organization Posts
A candidate must be of good health without any serious chronic ailment of physical deformity. Hearing should be normal and eyesight should be normal with or without glasses. He must be Shape-1 or equivalent the Navy and Air Force in the Discharge Book. Selected candidate will be required to produce a medical fitness certificate to the appointing authority before appointment, and anybody found medically unfit will stand disqualified.